Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

According to Yahoo, the first trailer, which is over 2 minutes long, is out next Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nivpkG2.gif

make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

krudler wrote: »
    nivpkG2.gif

make of that what you will

Looks awesome :D

Where'd you find it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha, that's nuts. I tell ya, if Marvel can sell a homicidal space-raccoon to Joe Public, they can sell anything really. I find myself getting genuinely excited to finally see some footage of this, and I'm hoping it's as fun and energetic as it sounds. The Marvel films are getting awfully turgid and interchangeable: Rocket Raccoon could be the answer!

guardians-teaser-part2.gif

quality is cack but it certainly looks..interesting

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Burt Macklin in Spaaaaaaace

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ha, that's nuts. I tell ya, if Marvel can sell a homicidal space-raccoon to Joe Public, they can sell anything really. I find myself getting genuinely excited to finally see some footage of this, and I'm hoping it's as fun and energetic as it sounds. The Marvel films are getting awfully turgid and interchangeable: Rocket Raccoon could be the answer!

and yet DC say Wonder Woman would be difficult to bring to the screen in a convincing way. Yet there we have a little gun wielding talking raccoon riding atop a tree person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

and yet DC say Wonder Woman would be difficult to bring to the screen in a convincing way. Yet there we have a little gun wielding talking raccoon riding atop a tree person.

True, though GoTG could yet bomb spectacularly; and I guess as it has a conventional white male as its lead, a sassy anthropomorphic sidekick is probably still an easier thing to package than a confident, strong female lead. Though DC do seem a bit less savvy so it could also be just their broad incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I'm just calling him an Ent

True, though GoTG could yet bomb spectacularly; and I guess as it has a conventional white male as its lead, a sassy anthropomorphic sidekick is probably still an easier thing to package than a confident, strong female lead. Though DC do seem a bit less savvy so it could also be just their broad incompetence.

Think that the last section is the issue here.

Look at the Catwoman flick FFS

• Advertisement

It's either going to be a decent hit or not do so well and be more of a cult type affair. It's certainly different anyway and Marvel do have to be applauded for going with some more out there characters in the Marvel universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Version with sound:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, cos nobody would go to an action movie with a strong female lead. Just look how The Hunger Games movies have bombed.............. Oh wait.

I know nothing about GoTG. Barely heard about them before a couple of years ago. Then heard about crazy raccoon and an ent. Certainly a huge departure from the more "realistic" (So to speak) tone of, say, Iron Man and Captain America. Will be interesting to see how this tone will be included in Phase Three of The Avengers cycle.

Must give serious credit to Marvel for doing this movie. They are certainly taking a serious risk. Good to see studios actually taking a chance like this instead of sticking to one tone.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nolan's Batman trilogy and I love the serious angle they took but I am also looking forward to some batsh*t crazy and fun action

Without having seen anything yet I hope it does well for Marvel. Risk deserves reward (If it's good :) )

More images have been released and the trailer debuts tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_team1-610x457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

boootista.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am unteased....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Full trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Class song :)

Looks to be far lighter than I was expecting, lot of humour flowing through the trailer. Visually it looks great too. Looking forward to this now. I still haven't the foggiest what it's supposed to be about but there is a rampaging machine gun wielding raccoon on top of an Ent so I'm sold :)

1:22: Obscene Gesture Imminent
    1:25: Obscene Gesture Alert :D

Yeah the tone certainly looks comedic, not sure the trailer sold me though; all felt a bit flat, but maybe that's cos the trailer kept itself focused on Chris Pratt's character to the exclusion of everything else. Guess they don't want to scare the public away too soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been looking forward to this trailer for months, and it didn't disappoint!

No dialogue from Rocket though?

The only thing missing was hearing Rockets accent, other than that the trailer has delivered. It looks so different to everything else Marvel has done so far, which is exactly what they needed to do. Very excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yeah the tone certainly looks comedic, not sure the trailer sold me though; all felt a bit flat, but maybe that's cos the trailer kept itself focused on Chris Pratt's character to the exclusion of everything else. Guess they don't want to scare the public away too soon :D

Chris Pratt ain't selling those beats at all. Which is a shame because the guy seems incredibly likeable; which may actually be the problem, nice guy Andy is struggling to convey the inherent dickness required by the character. Also, how cheap does the cell scene look. Did john c really's set and costume come of Star Trek: Voyager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Not for me. Hate the comedic tone to action movies(Iron Man 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Seems dull. Nothing in this trailer sold me on this concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Having known nothing about the background of the Guardians of the Galaxy other than it is a comic, I am looking forward to seeing this after watching the trailer.

Looks like a fun "popcorn" movie, with some laughs and action.

Good so see Marvel focusing on other lesser known (to the general public) characters with their future movies with the likes of this and Ant-Man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its not the best trailer but i put that down to tone as everything in it looks good.

pratt keeps reminding me if sean william scott with a few quaterpounders down him, but as mentioned he does come off as very likeable.

ive heard this is being sold as along the lines of star wars more than anything else (or hans solo and his amazing friends so to speak ) so im interested to see how it works out.

LOVE rocket. dont know for the life of me why but he's not coming off as ridiculous as he should and ive a feeling he'll be the bit player to watch.

still great to finally see some official footage thats not pixilated to death. also looks like the lads that captured em are the nova corps. least that looks like novas emblem on their uniforms so i presume he's gonna turn up at some stage in this too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it looks effing brilliant.

OK the Trailer has me a lot more interested than the teaser

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it looks effing brilliant.

I'm curious to know what someone who'd never even heard of GotG would make of the trailer - assuming most who have replied here are at least vaguely aware of the comic; I suspect they'd be a bit lost and underwhelmed.

Advertisement