Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    No, when I bought the tickets I had every intention of heading along to the replay with a few friends. I'd say I attend multiple times as many football matches as many of the bandwagoners in the crowd, and as there were less than 10k Mayo fans at their most important match in Connacht this year (cant speak for Dubs), i'm not in the slightest bit guilty about taking a seat.

Just thought it might be mutually beneficial if a fan had tickets to a hurling game his county is not involved in. If anything by offering 6 for 2, im letting others take advatage of my panic

Explain that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

martyos121 wrote: »
    Touting should be illegal. F'n scumbags.

At least I can sort tickets from the local club, I feel bad for the ones who don't have that option.

This is a big thing for me. And from the outset I do not begrudge it and it's great you have that. But as a dub fan living down the country it is a right pain in the hole. Been to all the championship games, the league final, and a number of league games this year with my son yet cannot not get tickets due to this fiasco.

I would nearly be tempted to pay a tout so as to not have to tell him we cant get but I wont.

As said restrictions need to be placed in relation to touts. Surely processing 13 tickets should set off alarm bells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    No, when I bought the tickets I had every intention of heading along to the replay with a few friends. I'd say I attend multiple times as many football matches as many of the bandwagoners in the crowd, and as there were less than 10k Mayo fans at their most important match in Connacht this year (cant speak for Dubs), i'm not in the slightest bit guilty about taking a seat.

Just thought it might be mutually beneficial if a fan had tickets to a hurling game his county is not involved in. If anything by offering 6 for 2, im letting others take advatage of my panic

So what's changed in a few hours?

You were in the Dublin thread last night trying to shift them too, saying you'd "beaten the system".
    You knew exactly what you were doing as far as im concerned, its pretty ****ing blatant actually :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

If anyone has 1 spare ticket for the match, I would be most great full......

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

P_Cash wrote: »
    If ye turn to twitter, SV is selling away.

Please ignore GAA HQ bull. And keep calm, we'll get them

Just visited my local SV and they are seeing the same tickets.ie screen as I am. "Not for sale"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Email from season ticket office regarding payment for the game on Saturday and our allocation:
    Hi BonnieSituation,

Thank you for your email.

Details have not yet been confirmed.
    You will be receiving an email with all this information this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Katherine

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Alright - same rules as the AI final ticket thread here

DO NOT post personal contact details (phone no., email, home address etc). Any ticket transactions should be done via PM.

One of the main things is that we do not like touts. If you're selling tickets, do so at face value. Selling tickets above face value leads to the tickets being cancelled by the GAA resulting in punishments to the club the tickets were assigned to. Anyone selling tickets for above face value will be banned until the end of the championship. If you receive a PM offering tickets above face value, please report it and action will be taken. If you're looking to buy tickets, don't offer to pay more than face value.

Unfortunately, Premium (or Príomh) tickets can't be sold here. The terms and conditions of Premium level tickets preclude selling them on for any price and the GAA are clamping down on any of these tickets found online by banning the owner.

Keep the thread civil, already handed out a few cards here

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

Myself and 6 year old have been in croker all summer. When gaa say it's sold out. Is there any chance of wangling a few family tickets (man and son)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, no more tickets are going on sale. Post your request in the tickets thread & someone may sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Contact your club and they could have an allocation. The family tickets through the club are a tenner for adults and €3 for kids as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Keep the thread civil, already handed out a few cards here

Can we vote for you to ref the replay as the ref yesterday didn't know how to hand out cards.

When do people think the remaining tickets will go on sale online? If they are doing postal delivery only, Wednesday would be too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No, no more tickets are going on sale. Post your request in the tickets thread & someone may sort you out.
    Ronin247 wrote: »
    Can we vote for you to ref the replay as the ref yesterday didn't know how to hand out cards.

When do people think the remaining tickets will go on sale online? If they are doing postal delivery only, Wednesday would be too late.

can just do paper print outs sure, i would expect maybe some tickets Friday night/Saturday morning may come available, as to where they go or how they are sold i have no idea. The tickets i'm talking about are from those who have Parnell Passes and don't buy their tickets. You have until Friday to collect the tickets.

With the Ireland game on Thursday, wouldn't be surprised to find people having booked a the week away and therefore no around for the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Season ticket holders have the bring a friend option for 2 tickets as per email I just received.

Tickets in Cusack 314 & 703

Sold out as of 9.36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

A familiar story..
    Father and son at all matches and now frozen out!
    Would appreciate a pm if anyone has unlikely spares for Dublin mayo or even a steer on how to salvage my self confidence!

I'd love to know how the GAA can justify releasing 10's of thousands of tickets in an office in Dublin where people can buy as many as they like. Yet on the other side of the country Zero are for sale ?????? How is that allowed.

Even Supervalue got no tickets here to sell, yet i know of other counties in Leinster where Supervalue were selling Hill tickets for hours. There won't be much more than 20K Mayo fans at this rate.

The Dub touts have them for sale already online. Way to go GAA...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I'd love to know how the GAA can justify releasing 10's of thousands of tickets in an office in Dublin where people can buy as many as they like. Yet on the other side of the country Zero are for sale ?????? How is that allowed.

Even Supervalue got no tickets here to sell, yet i know of other counties in Leinster where Supervalue were selling Hill tickets for hours. There won't be much more than 20K Mayo fans at this rate.

The Dub touts have them for sale already online. Way to go GAA...........

How is releasing them online releasing them exclusively to Dublin? Supervalu works off tickets.ie as well so not sure what the complaint is here?

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    How is releasing them online releasing them exclusively to Dublin? Supervalu works off tickets.ie as well so not sure what the complaint is here?

You couldn't buy them online the website crashed. They were been sold out of an office in Dorset street, Dublin. There was no limit with some people buying 16 tickets. Its several hundred profit for the touts while the fans pay the cost. Another shambles by the GAA.

I know for a fact that some Supervalues near Dublin did have tickets, maybe they physically collected them. There was none went for sale in Castlebar or Westport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Mostly a lurker here, but had to pick up this one.
    It's pretty obvious that releasing any tickets on Sunday night online favoured Dubs over the Mayo fans who attended the game and were still travelling home at the time.
    Also, the lack of controls over max number of tickets for those physically sold in Dublin yesterday played perfectly into the touts hands.
    That is an absolute disgrace.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss the replay as I will be away, but am suspecting there'll be more dubs than Mayo fans due to the farcical distribution so far.

There was no limit with some people buying 16 tickets. Its several hundred profit for the touts while the fans pay the cost. Another shambles by the GAA.

I know for a fact that some Supervalues near Dublin did have tickets, maybe they physically collected them. There was none went for sale in Castlebar or Westport.
    It's pretty obvious that releasing any tickets on Sunday night online favoured Dubs over the Mayo fans who attended the game and were still travelling home at the time.
    Also, the lack of controls over max number of tickets for those physically sold in Dublin yesterday played perfectly into the touts hands.
    That is an absolute disgrace.

Ok I agree in full about the caps on tickets per person, that's outrageous & I've said as much previously.

Didn't think about the timing in relation to people travelling home, it's a fair point. Very poor oversight by the GAA.

As for Supervalu I have no idea how they have tickets, I've only ever seen them go on tickets.ie to book tickets. I asked about this specifically in a Supervalu in advance of the game on Sunday and they told me they get no allocation, they use the same booking system as the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Prisk

Hey everyone, looking for 2 tickets for the game, any stand.

Got as far as selecting my seats yesterday and then tickets.ie timed my session out.

If anyone has 2 spare that would be fantastic. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭leinster93

A GAA spokesman would not say how many tickets were actually issued yesterday and on Sunday after the game. Good god what a shambles.
    Would love to know how many tickets have now been allocated to the clubs... It would probably be even more embarrassing to them if they did release that information...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 DW2014

Looking to swap 2 x nally STANDING for one seating plus 10 euro (Difference in price.)

2 for 1

PM IF INTRESTED

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

leinster93 wrote: »
    A GAA spokesman would not say how many tickets were actually issued yesterday and on Sunday after the game. Good god what a shambles.
    Would love to know how many tickets have now been allocated to the clubs... It would probably be even more embarrassing to them if they did release that information...

They are saying 10k went on sale. From what I have heard there were none available down in Mayo for general sale.

The amount for sale on DD is shocking, touts will have a field day.

yop wrote: »
    They are saying 10k went on sale. From what I have heard there were none available down in Mayo for general sale.

Mayo county board have to take some responsibility for this farce. They have made no effort to even attempt to get a fair allocation or even have a plan if there was a replay. There should of been 10K tickets for sale from the county board and they have zero. its going to be one of the most one sided crowds in Croke park for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jvm76

Does anyone know if it would be possible to upgrade a juvenile ticket to an adult? Maybe pay difference at the concession stand or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

DW2014 wrote: »
    Looking to swap 2 x nally STANDING for one seating plus 10 euro (Difference in price.)

2 for 1

PM IF INTRESTED

If I get a ticket on Thursday (club allocation), I will swap with you. Will PM you to see if you are still interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

If u check DD there isn't many for sale at all, more swapping for face value etc with hurling,

Shocking, no, i don't see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Then i seen this

Great work, pitty GAA weren't so quick, selling 13 tickets to one person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭leinster93

Then i seen this

That is the 2nd thing that has made my day. Just got word of a ticket in the pipeline. Hopefully, more genuine fans will get tickets at face value.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Then i seen this

It was shocking before I saw that! :D
    Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

There's no way any one person should have been allowed by multiple numbers of tickets in the Croker office for a game that was guaranteed to be sell out. The touts will have filled their pockets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mayo county board have to take some responsibility for this farce. They have made no effort to even attempt to get a fair allocation or even have a plan if there was a replay. There should of been 10K tickets for sale from the county board and they have zero. its going to be one of the most one sided crowds in Croke park for a long time.

Eh the Mayo county board will get well over 10k tickets to sell, they will be issued through the clubs. No idea why you think they won't.

Also I know it's no use now but to the people who claim they have been to every match this season, why don't you have a season ticket?

It is absolutely ridiculous that you could buy as many tickets as you want though, the GAA really need to change this policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hannahhc

I got 2 for lower Cusack at 8:40 on Sunday night

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Eh the Mayo county board will get well over 10k tickets to sell, they will be issued through the clubs. No idea why you think they won't.

Also I know it's no use now but to the people who claim they have been to every match this season, why don't you have a season ticket?

It is absolutely ridiculous that you could buy as many tickets as you want though, the GAA really need to change this policy.
    I got very lucky and got my ticket Sunday night online @1am after travelling the long road back. All the people i know that went on Sunday and the previous games have got nothing.

Regarding the 10K tickets the point is, if the GAA are selling 10K open tickets to anybody whether they had ever been to a game before or not in Dorset street why not do the same in Castlebar or at least 5K ? It basically means unless you are a season ticket holder in Mayo you get nothing.

Both Dublin & Mayo season tickets were only open to renewals this year, there were no new issues available as far as I know. I was waiting anxiously for them to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

David Brady was on Newstalk there, says its too early in the week to panic...I agree with him I think it'll be fine come Friday

I got very lucky and got my ticket Sunday night online @1am after travelling the long road back. All the people i know that went on Sunday and the previous games have got nothing.

Regarding the 10K tickets the point is, if the GAA are selling 10K open tickets to anybody whether they had ever been to a game before or not in Dorset street why not do the same in Castlebar or at least 5K ? It basically means unless you are a season ticket holder in Mayo you get nothing.

The clubs in Mayo and Dublin will also get their allocation.
    The difference from what I understand and the frustration down here, is that yesterday a figure of 10k (Some say 15k) tickets went on general sale in Dublin via Dorset street office and Super Valu and the same was not replicated in Mayo.

So while people in Mayo will still get a chance to buy through their clubs or if they have the ST or Cairde Mhaigheo tickets, there were 10k+ tickets for general sale that they weren't give the oppurtunity to buy.
    I've no idea of what was for sale online on Sunday evening/night and Monday morning and why the GAA won't release figures is beyond me.

It stinks of the GAA just wanting to sell as much tickets as possible with no regard for who buys them, in a lot of cases it seems touts have mopped them up.

Both Dublin & Mayo season tickets were only open to renewals this year, there were no new issues available as far as I know. I was waiting anxiously for them to be announced.

zero renewals this year is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

I've bought a football feast (4QF + 2QF). The only reason being that my 6 year old loves the game. Don't you think people like us should be given a fair crack ahead of the touts? We live in Leixlip. Will Kildare clubs get tickets? Doubt it. Joke. Why shouldn't we have a fair chance to buy. The gaa clearly made a shambles of it.
    To me the GAA smacks of "grab all". Even the last day the announcer said that it was a full house but there were empty seats, what he really meant was they were all sold. More like full pockets than full house.
    As a last ditch effort, do ye think there is much chance of getting father and son face value around croker on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking to swap 2 Hill tickets (plus face value difference) for 2 decent stand tickets if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I've bought a football feast (4QF + 2QF). The only reason being that my 6 year old loves the game. Don't you think people like us should be given a fair crack ahead of the touts? We live in Leixlip. Will Kildare clubs get tickets? Doubt it. Joke. Why shouldn't we have a fair chance to buy. The gaa clearly made a shambles of it.
    To me the GAA smacks of "grab all". Even the last day the announcer said that it was a full house but there were empty seats, what he really meant was they were all sold. More like full pockets than full house.
    As a last ditch effort, do ye think there is much chance of getting father and son face value around croker on Saturday?

Considering it was always going to be a sell out why use this 'grab all' ****e again? How does it smack of it? And what are they supposed to do if people bought tickets and dont turn up? I dont get your point at all. Hope ya get sorted.

The clubs in Mayo and Dublin will also get their allocation.
    The difference from what I understand and the frustration down here, is that yesterday a figure of 10k (Some say 15k) tickets went on general sale in Dublin via Dorset street office and Super Valu and the same was not replicated in Mayo.

So while people in Mayo will still get a chance to buy through their clubs or if they have the ST or Cairde Mhaigheo tickets, there were 10k+ tickets for general sale that they weren't give the oppurtunity to buy.
    I've no idea of what was for sale online on Sunday evening/night and Monday morning and why the GAA won't release figures is beyond me.

It stinks of the GAA just wanting to sell as much tickets as possible with no regard for who buys them, in a lot of cases it seems touts have mopped them up.

But if SV use tickets.ie whats the problem exactly? it's not as if it is just SV's in Dublin that were selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

I have 2 Upper Cusack Stand Tickets (Section 710) for the replay to swap for 2 stand tickets for the hurling final if possible.

Everything @ face value so I will also make up the price difference (€100)

Not interested in selling. Only swap.

Can meet pretty much anywhere.

PM if interested.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No Kildare clubs won't get tickets. Why should they, they aren't playing. They would have got tickets to the first game though.

Also how is it the fault of the GAA if someone buys a ticket and then doesn't show up or leaves after the minor game.

The only issue for me is the fact that people were able to buy as many tickets as they want, that shouldn't have happened to keep tickets out of the hands of touts. They also shouldn't have gone onsale until Monday morning to give the Mayo fans travelling home a fair chance to buy them.

GAA saying they didnt expect such interest and were caught completely unaware. I must admit that i and everyone i talked to at home on Sunday night thought there wouldnt be the same interest for the replay also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Barlett wrote: »
    David Brady was on Newstalk there, says its too early in the week to panic...I agree with him I think it'll be fine come Friday

How though? There isn't going to be much returning from the clubs I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

They also shouldn't have gone onsale until Monday morning to give the Mayo fans travelling home a fair chance to buy them.

I actually agree with you on this but to be fair I myself bought tickets online after midnight last sunday night/Monday morning.

Many Mayo fans would be well home before then so they were available.

Nothwithstanding that I don't think it was a good idea putting them up for sale straight away. They should have waited until Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Patser

I'd say by Friday there'll be tickets floating about alright. Right now with Sunday's emotions still high everyone wants to be there before the realities of the day kick in.

It's a 5pm throw in, on a Saturday, the day before the All Ireland Hurling Final. So some people will be stuck in work, or have other pre planned commitments. There'll be a shortage if hotel rooms, as Galway and Kilkenny fans will have had a headstart getting them and with a late match finish time (and risk of extra time) that'll make travelling home for Mayo fans a pain. Also since this was 1st sell out of the year, I reckon touts will have jumped in on the replay, probably to the point of over buying tickets. They'll be desperately trying to flog them by Friday (while probably trying to flog them at big prices now due to the mini panic going on)

It'll be a sell out alright, but by Friday/Saturday I'd reckon anyone genuinely wanting to go will have found a ticket.

But if SV use tickets.ie whats the problem exactly? it's not as if it is just SV's in Dublin that were selling them

From what I THINK i heard, I had it on in one ear at work, on local radio and I could have read it here, that SV in Dublin had them for sale. But don't hold me to that, it was my understanding thats where lads were bulking buying tickets.

• Advertisement

Patser wrote: »
    It'll be a sell out alright, but by Friday/Saturday I'd reckon anyone genuinely wanting to go will have found a ticket.

Its always been the case for AI finals I have found anyway, so hopefully they will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement