Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gavin himself said the eye completely closed up. Terrible for parents to have seen such a vicious assult on their beloved son all over tv and social meedya. Why cant we all just get along in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

When will the team be announced? Soon surely.

Me since i've got in from work

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Ha. A mate just text me right now asking what's the name of the guy that got red card last week :-) He said he was going to get a pic with him and his son but they were having a formal meeting. Hotel in Dublin. Gas. Hold off I told him.

Still no team news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

About 20 hours to the game....where the f is the team?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Probably waiting on the final word from the DRA hearing. Bit daft though, coz its not going to line out as named, whether Dermo gets off or not. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Probably waiting on the final word from the DRA hearing. Bit daft though, coz its not going to line out as named, whether Dermo gets off or not. :rolleyes:

Does it have to be named today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well yeah...throw in is less than 24 hrs away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Nerves are getting to ye lads! Relax about the team. We all know its a dummy list anyway.

• Advertisement

Jim Gavin, super tactician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Brusna wrote: »
    It's on YouTube. It was a harsh red. 9 times out of 10 it's a yellow for both players.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Brusna

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Oh dear.
    Well Sean, luckily for K Keane the people on the appeals committee had the same opinion as me. You don't, no problem.

Connolly wins appeal.
    Unofficial obviously because it's late. But few sources coming out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Slattsy wrote: »
    Connolly wins appeal.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Connolly wins appeal.

Looks official now. Dublin GAA twitter 'BREAKING NEWS: Diarmuid Connolly appeal to the DRA successful. He's clear to line out v @MayoGAA tomorrow. #UpTheDubs'

You ****ing beauty.:D

Justice!

He'll run amok.

I need sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

corny wrote: »
    Looks official now. Dublin GAA twitter 'BREAKING NEWS: Diarmuid Connolly appeal to the DRA successful. He's clear to line out v @MayoGAA tomorrow. #UpTheDubs'

You ****ing beauty.:D

If I'm honest I'm half waiting to hear the twitter account was hacked and the entire county got trolled...

Won't be settled till I see dermo line out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Slimfast Shady

Saying the same on Facebook - We Are Dublin Page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Connolly wins appeal.

Disgrace!! It seems like no one want to br accountable for their actions anymore.
    Punching a player while their on the ground is now fair game.
    3 appeals is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭mjp

As a galway man delighted to see Connolly will line out and hopefully send mayo home with their tails between their legs. They will spend the long winter months wondering what if he was suspended would they have won an all ireland.... More bulls**t excuses.

However it makes a mockery of referees role in game. Gaa need to look at appeals process and have one body which hears appeals and not have such a drawn out process. Expect the referees to make a stance as their roles are being undermined by players getting off on a regular occurrence

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Irish times running the story that he is cleared, same old rubbish by the GAA. What Connolly did was a red, and that should have been the end of the story. Given that it was such a long night, I'd be worried it could impact on performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Slimfast Shady

mjp wrote: »

However it makes a mockery of referees role in game. Gaa need to look at appeals process and have one body which hears appeals and not have such a drawn out process. Expect the referees to make a stance as their roles are being undermined by players getting off on a regular occurrence

This ^^^^^^ He went through the Appeals Process as was laid out and that's the outcome

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This ^^^^^^ He went through the Appeals Process as was laid out and that's the outcome

Referee and Two boards saw fit to uphold the red card and with it the one match ban, and the DRP overturn it. It is joke of a system, and does non favours to the referee. At the end of the day, what he did merited a red card by the rulebook, but hey ho, that is the GAA for you. Bear in mind, the two heads of the other bodies are practising lawyers and former secretaries of the DRP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Irish times running the story that he is cleared, same old rubbish by the GAA. What Connolly did was a red, and that should have been the end of the story. Given that it was such a long night, I'd be worried it could impact on performance

Agreed. Makes a mockery of the whole thing really.

Hardly ideal preparation for the game either. Do Dublin now get fined for not naming their team in time?

There has to be a complete review of the appeals process and the timing of hearings. As someone said earlier two wrongs do make a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Absolutely shocking on so many levels. Firstly it's embarrassing that the Dublin county board had the audacity to appeal a clear red card caught on camera three times. Its a farce that it can be appealed three times and then for the ban to be dropped at the end of it is an absolute disgrace. You'd have to wonder what sort of buffoons run the GAA as there is no logic to this. I agree with the previous poster too who says that it completely undermines the referees. What's the point in making the tough calls in a game when the GAA is just going to over rule you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'd guess the majority of what all 7 players that have appealed are reds, yet all were successful. At least it's a consistent joke.

Let's not pretend appealing is only a Dublin thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Yes going by the rules of the game,what Connolly did was a red also going by the rules of the game what keane did was a red keane got off Connolly got off Now lets just play the game and may the best team win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I'd guess the majority of what all 7 players that have appealed are reds, yet all were successful. At least it's a consistent joke.

Let's not pretend appealing is only a Dublin thing

Took the words right outta my.....phone :pac:

In all seriousness the mayo fans will lose their heads yet if you brought up Keane and Keegan you would be dismissed outright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement