Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Kabati wrote: »
    I have a Smart Ultra 6 , Does anybody know how I can the background photo in the app section because there seems to be no option for changing it , its just white in the background

Shouldn't the wallpaper for the home-screen and the app section have the same wallpaper image?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

3GP is old. This phone records in MP4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The good old days of watching full length 15fps 3GP movies on Nokia phones about 10 years ago.

wonder why they choose mp4 for phones but .mov for most cameras. is it to do with file size?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

oleras wrote: »
    Has anyone taken any video with the phone ? I was at a concert the weekend and couldn't believe how much "noise" the audio picked up, it was terrible.

OT. What's the point of going to the concert if you're not paying any attention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

wonder why they choose mp4 for phones but .mov for most cameras. is it to do with file size?

Thought .mov was an Apple Quicktime format.
    Our Fuji exr digital camera records in .mp4 and also our older Nikon.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Thought .mov was an Apple Quicktime format.
    Our Fuji exr digital camera records in .mp4 and also our older Nikon.

I think my wife's Canon SLR records movies in .mov files

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

grogi wrote: »
    OT. What's the point of going to the concert if you're not paying any attention?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

grogi wrote: »
    Exactly.

SBTKh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Exactly.

Can you remember who you went to see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Smart Vodafone Ultra 6 IIRC.

Any more update on possible price reduction mentioned in an earlier post, way back when the Ultra 6 was the T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Of course i can silly, why wouldn't i ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Jaysus - who cares if the guy went to a concert and recorded it on his phone?!?
    He just asked a related technical question and ends up with the Spanish Inquisition... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Can anyone one tell if you can remove Vodafone updates and Message + i cant only disable? All the rest i could delete thanks.

My windows phone had a swipe keyboard as default. Android only has one available as an app? I tried input method but no option?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Oasis1974 wrote:
    Can anyone one tell if you can remove Vodafone updates and Message + i cant only disable? All the rest i could delete thanks.

These two can only be disabled on mine too, I think you could delete them if you root.
    Oasis1974 wrote:
    My windows phone had a swipe keyboard as default. Android only has one available as an app? I tried input method but no option?

If you install google keyboard you can use swipe by default on that.

Thanks m8 all i needed to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ive yet to hear/find any mobile phone that can capture audio any good at concerts - I suppose the phones microphone/circuitry works on AGC (automatic gain control) you need a phone that has manual audio level and a bar meter and set the level around 0' Db (good luck with finding a phone with that feature)- and if its recorded in 3gp (if it is on this phone im not sure) then I dont think 3gp file uses mp3 128bit or aac audio

Might be interested in this...

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/20735_Live_rock_music_video_capture_.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This article might be of interest to anyone who records live events.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/20735_Live_rock_music_video_capture_.php

Oasis1974 wrote: »

swiftkey keyboard free on play store is pretty good one to use

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just download the google keyboard from the app store. It's swipe implementation is the best imo.

Just download the google keyboard from the app store. It's swipe implementation is the best imo.

do they have a black text on white keyboard skin?

fRnGJoJl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Noticed that my ultra has what seems to be a dead pixel near the bottom of my screen. Its white in color and hard to spot unless your looking for it. This is a replacement screen Vodafone put onto my phone about two weeks ago. Don't know if the pixel was already there on the new screen or if it developed recently.

I honestly dont know if I should bother sending it off for another screen replacement or not. Being white in color and not black makes it hard to spot the pixel. I did run a few of those stuck/dead pixel apps which didn't fix it. I'm not having great luck with the screen on this phone between screen burn in and other weird artifacts on the screen. Thinking I'll flog it and buy something else at this stage to be honest. Moto X style might come early for me or I might try a Moto G 3rd gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Seem to be gathering a few issues lately...
    When I restart the phone to get a mobile data signal, Whatsapp says there is an issue with the date, sure enough it has defaulted to 1970
    Now having problems with the camera not working? Dont know if it is because I installed some app but works fine in Evernote and Instagram.
    Yesterday I tried to log in to my phone using a password but the keyboard would not show up, lasted well over an hour before resolved itself. Could not turn off phone, this is where you need a removable battery... PITA

So for future ref...
    Does anyone know how to reset a phone that is powered on, get it to shutdown etc?
    Why does restarting my phone with no signal cause problems with the date?
    Anyone else on Tesco Mobile having issue with poor calls (I can hear fine but others cannot hear me) or issues connecting to net?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

jaqian wrote: »
    When I restart the phone to get a mobile data signal, Whatsapp says there is an issue with the date, sure enough it has defaulted to 1970

Yeah, I get the same when I restart, but it fixes itself within a minute or so. It could be a pain if you have an app that notifies you of matches/TV programmes etc. whereby I was notified of every TV Programme I had "missed" from 1970!! Took ages to scroll through all the notifications so I've ended up disabling the notification...

I've also recently seen an intermittent problem with the bluetooth; "Unfortunately the process com.android.bluetooth has stopped". It reconnects straight away but disconnects & reconnects every 60secs thereafter... It sometimes even does this when not connected to anything via bluetooth...
    It only happens once in a blue moon so it's not a major, MAJOR issue... yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

jaqian wrote: »
    Seem to be gathering a few issues lately...
    ...When I restart the phone to get a mobile data signal, Whatsapp says there is an issue with the date, sure enough it has defaulted to 1970

Thx

Same here....I've change to manually setting the time instead of the network provided time...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

I'm getting 'unfortunately google play services has stopped' every single morning. I put it in flight mode overnight so not sure if this is the cause, although I wasn't able to replicate it when I put it in flight mode this afternoon. Very annoying as the message pops up every 5 seconds. To stop it, I have to uninstall google play services, reboot, then reinstall. Is this happening to anyone else? Seems to be a very common issue across a whole range of phones going back over the past year or so but I can't find any permanent fix for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone had this a period of time?

Any issues starting to appear? Will be buying one next week hopefully so wanna be sure its not a pile of junk after 3 months.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone had this a period of time?

Any issues starting to appear? Will be buying one next week hopefully so wanna be sure its not a pile of junk after 3 months.

Have it over a month. No issues.

Advertisement