Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

sound guys and gals! ill give it a go when i get home from work! fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Sorry, did mean just the normal SMS. This phone does not come with a "Message" app, just the specific Vodafone Message+. ....

Yep the phone comes with VF Message+ and the normal stock messenger app for SMS. just remove the message+ from the tray at the bottom of the screen and put messenger there isntead. Or do as I have done and download Handscent sms (next sms) from play store and use that as your main SMS message app (i chose samsung skin theme for it, pretty good)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Shouldn't this thread be moved ? off topic me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thread is still valid but the above discussion would be more suited here:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057457335/1

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Thread is still valid but the above discussion would be more suited here:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057457335/1

Agreed.. There's an awful lot of threads on here gone off topic lately pees me off no end

• Advertisement

the *whole* thread shouldnt be moved its just a couple of off topic posts surely you can just skip past those?

the *whole* thread shouldnt be moved its just a couple of off topic posts surely you can just skip past those?

Ah here there's more pages of pure ****e on here than to do with the bargain alert itself... Just have a look at the steak thread bargain alert things really have gone to pot around here lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Funny ... All the posts complaining about off topic posts are themselves off topic. :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

This was brought up in Feedback lately and the response there was that there was a Thread here in BA about Threads that go like this one and general consensus was people wanted it left like this.

But yea, a hide button on Threads you have zero interest would be glorious. Maybe when the new site rolls out (if it ever happens) then that'll will be something that could be added.

i didnt like the lollipop status bar icons so with rooting and xposed and xstana module i changed them to Galaxy icons - much better now I think :)

Now to try and get rid of that carrier name taking up space. Not having luck with removing that yet :(

5e3e40e8-edb2-4f07-981e-0d572c8d7b23.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

Hey guys,

I restored the phone and tried another sim and its working like a charm :D Thanks so much for everything, ye guys are the best :D xox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

killilea92 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I restored the phone and tried another sim and its working like a charm :D Thanks so much for everything, ye guys are the best :D xox

Glad you got sorted mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭robwen

Can someone tell me did a seperate data cable come with the phone or do we just use the same cable used for charging the phone (via plug) to connect to a PC via USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Same cable just enable the setting though to get it to work.
    Settings
    Storage
    Three dots top right corner
    USB connection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Since rooting I have changed my recents softkey to make the phone go to sleep when long pressed, saving power button, make all 3 softkey lights flash for notification, pulse middle softkey light when charging, Uninstalled and frozen some built in apps that normally cannot be uninstalled or disabled and set profile speeds for cpu - there are loads of other cool apps out there that only work on rooted phones so to me I would rather be rooted than not, but beware it can also stuff up your phone too, thats why manufacturers dont want you to root phones and will void your warranty if you do.

Ah... so this is your phone.

Found your two videos of it the same day you uploaded them. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I just got the Ultra but not got around to setting it up yet.Just found out this phone use's a nano sim?My Nokia has a micro Sim so what gives I need to go into my local Three and get a new sim? Or I could cut it down sorry it's still in the box I've been a bit busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

They will cut it for you in the shop

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    I just got the Ultra but not got around to setting it up yet.Just found out this phone use's a nano sim?My Nokia has a micro Sim so what gives I need to go into my local Three and get a new sim? Or I could cut it down sorry it's still in the box I've been a bit busy.

You can cut it down but I wouldn't recommend it. Its not as easy as cutting down from standard to micro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Cutting it may not go so well. Since it uses a tray, I wouldn't risk getting it stuck in the phone. Just go to Carphone Warehouse or Three and get a new SIM. It should be free if you're already with them.

I cut mine down on the night I bought it - was even too eager to even wait until next day to take it into the shop I wanted to unlock it and play with the phone that evening! - it was hairy I must say and I thought I was gonna banjax it at one stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Has anyone taken any video with the phone ? I was at a concert the weekend and couldn't believe how much "noise" the audio picked up, it was terrible.

oleras wrote: »
    Has anyone taken any video with the phone ? I was at a concert the weekend and couldn't believe how much "noise" the audio picked up, it was terrible.

Not video but the I found the camera was poor for pictures on nights out. Maybe its the flashing lights but it takes forever to take a photo and then most of them ended up with ghostly white faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Why do people do this? It baffles me...

bidiots wrote: »
    Why do people do this? It baffles me...

People like to see the and hear the music they listen in the car and in the kitchen being played live, sees UN-baffeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

People like to see the and hear the music they listen in the car and in the kitchen being played live, sees UN-baffeling.

You do see the MASSIVE contradiction here, don't you?

tG50B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kabati

I have a Smart Ultra 6 , Does anybody know how I can the background photo in the app section because there seems to be no option for changing it , its just white in the background

Kabati wrote: »
    I have a Smart Ultra 6 , Does anybody know how I can the background photo in the app section because there seems to be no option for changing it , its just white in the background

Try a different launcher. Not sure which ones allow you to choose app drawer wallpaper though.

bidiots wrote: »
    You do see the MASSIVE contradiction here, don't you?

tG50B.jpg

Not really, but i know what you are trying to portray.

My comment was in relation to actually going to concerts, but carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Might be completely dense here but i picked up a nano sim from three today. I have to activate it first which is fine but i need to save my contacts which ofc i do but i have a windows phone and whats the point of me saving on that phone when i need them on my new ultra? So what i'm asking is how do i have on contacts that are on my windows phone but put onto my new android phone?One last question i was going to use this this one to unlock the phone http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-SMART-ULTRA-6-Unlock-Codes-Vodafone-UK-Ireland-Portugal-Germany-INSTANT-/271911297172?hash=item3f4f2d2094 the IMEI on the new phone is fine but it says just the unlock counter and whats the message he wants at the checkout? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ive yet to hear/find any mobile phone that can capture audio any good at concerts - I suppose the phones microphone/circuitry works on AGC (automatic gain control) you need a phone that has manual audio level and a bar meter and set the level around 0' Db (good luck with finding a phone with that feature)- and if its recorded in 3gp (if it is on this phone im not sure) then I dont think 3gp file uses mp3 128bit or aac audio

Advertisement