Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I think the sensation is Braxton hicks. I've had it off and on for a good few weeks now. Last nights was the strongest and longest lasting though. It took a good while this morning for the hardness to soften out at all. Its very uncomfortable.
    Also a night like that means that the baby is very quiet for a good while in the morning and I don't like that. The baby has a routine of movement that I know quite well at this stage and when I don't feel it move at the usual times it can get a little worrying.
    Thankfully the little one did have a spate of movement, that while quieter than usual, was enough to reassure me for now.
    While I've enjoyed my pregnancy overall I am certainly getting to the point now where I am looking forward to having the baby in real life and not being pregnant any more. I think when I'm finished with work I'll feel less pressure.

I haven't had this at all yet - 35wks tomo. Maybe it will come or maybe not everyone gets them? Plenty of moves from bubs but couldn't really say I'm on top of what his routine is. They are regular enough but mornings are generally the quietest up til after about 9/9.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I never got braxton hicks with my first pregnancy. I was a bit worried because every other pregnant woman I knew was banging on about them but the midwife assured me that some women don't get them at all. I was convinced that when I went into labour, I wouldn't realise it because I hadn't gotten any BH to warn me what pain to look out for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

73trix wrote: »
    I haven't had this at all yet - 35wks tomo. Maybe it will come or maybe not everyone gets them? Plenty of moves from bubs but couldn't really say I'm on top of what his routine is. They are regular enough but mornings are generally the quietest up til after about 9/9.30.

In week 39 here on my first and have not had a Braxton hicks which is disappointing. I've had the odd thing I thought was one but turned out to be a stitch in my side or a stomach cramp. Never felt my bump going hard. Glad to hear a midwife said some women don't have them...phew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

73trix wrote: »

Nope, not everyone gets them. I've had them for a while and at the start they were only a little uncomfortable. At this stage, despite the actual belly bump being small enough for 34 weeks (or "neat" to quote everyone:)) they are VERY uncomfortable.
    I think when it comes to the baby's routine. You only realise that it has one if it doesn't behave as normal. I knew it moved in the morning and again in the evening with a little bit during the day and that was it. On the quiet days though when it hardly moved at all I realised that it actually did have a routine that despite myself I was actually quite clued into.
    I never got braxton hicks with my first pregnancy. I was a bit worried because every other pregnant woman I knew was banging on about them but the midwife assured me that some women don't get them at all. I was convinced that when I went into labour, I wouldn't realise it because I hadn't gotten any BH to warn me what pain to look out for :pac:

Isn't it funny how you can get worried that you're not getting a particular side affect or symptom of pregnancy on your first:o There are quite a few things that I haven't had that apparently LOADS of women get. At first I thought this was a bad thing but then I just counted my lucky stars and got on with things. :)
    Lucuma wrote: »
    In week 39 here on my first and have not had a Braxton hicks which is disappointing. I've had the odd thing I thought was one but turned out to be a stitch in my side or a stomach cramp. Never felt my bump going hard. Glad to hear a midwife said some women don't have them...phew

They're not that nice. You shouldn't feel disappointed.
    Week 39!! WOW where has that time gone at all Lucuma?
    You must be absolutely dying to have the baby at this stage. I know I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I was in for my 38+3 week appt today, and my blood pressure was up so I have to see the nurse on Monday to make sure it isn't rising anymore.

My weight was also up 5 kg in two weeks, saw a different GP then and was on a different scale, doc wasn't sure if that was the issue or something more serious.

On top of that, I am smothered with a cold. Just feeling like crap as not sleeping great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Nausea and tiredness, it is like the first trimester returned. 4 ish weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Nausea and tiredness, it is like the first trimester returned. 4 ish weeks left.
    Some nausea at night time but mild. Biggest pain - literally - are the leg cramps at night. Have literally jumped out of bed tbe past 2 nites to press my foot against the wall to ease bad cramp in back of my calve. Sooo sore! OH thought i'd fallen out of the bed!

33+5 and I am thoroughly fed up these past two days. Friday night I slept dreadfully and woke up several times during the night with backache that nothing would ease.
    Went to the 10 mile run in the Park yesterday to cheer on my husband and some friends who were participating and was in ribbons at the end of it from some gentle walking around. My hip was super sore, pubic bone felt like it was disintegrating and my back was still sore.
    Almost cried a few times with pain, frustration and general fed up ness.
    Slept well enough last night but woke it at 6am still in a fair amount of pain and discomfort. The thoughts of another day (or more!) like this are horrible................
    And then I feel my baby kick and love that but I'm quite ready for a break for the above now. :-)

33+5 and I am thoroughly fed up these past two days. Friday night I slept dreadfully and woke up several times during the night with backache that nothing would ease.
    Went to the 10 mile run in the Park yesterday to cheer on my husband and some friends who were participating and was in ribbons at the end of it from some gentle walking around. My hip was super sore, pubic bone felt like it was disintegrating and my back was still sore.
    Almost cried a few times with pain, frustration and general fed up ness.
    Slept well enough last night but woke it at 6am still in a fair amount of pain and discomfort. The thoughts of another day (or more!) like this are horrible................
    And then I feel my baby kick and love that but I'm quite ready for a break for the above now. :-)

Penny you shouldn't be in that much discomfort, I had a hip problem as well and got it 100% eliminated by going for a few physio sessions. I wish I had gone earlier as I had gotten to the stage where I had a limp and couldn't believe how easy it was to actually fix. Honestly no-one is giving us medals for suffering on in silence, I'd highly recommend get yourself down to the physio - there is solutions to alot of the aches and pains.
    Re your SPD are you wearing a Serola belt and following all the advice about how to get out of bed, how to get up out of a chair, sit down when putting on/taking off your socks, shoes & underwear and no wearing flip-flops or swimming breast stroke etc? The physio showed/told me all that as well and although I still have SPD I have it under control.

Penny you shouldn't be in that much discomfort, I had a hip problem as well and got it 100% eliminated by going for a few physio sessions. I wish I had gone earlier as I had gotten to the stage where I had a limp and couldn't believe how easy it was to actually fix. Honestly no-one is giving us medals for suffering on in silence, I'd highly recommend get yourself down to the physio - there is solutions to alot of the aches and pains.
    Re your SPD are you wearing a Serola belt and following all the advice about how to get out of bed, how to get up out of a chair, sit down when putting on/taking off your socks, shoes & underwear and no wearing flip-flops or swimming breast stroke etc? The physio showed/told me all that as well and although I still have SPD I have it under control.

I've had physio in the Coombe for the SPD and it has helped overall. The Serola belt has helped a lot too. I think sometimes it's just worse than others and I had a bad nights sleep on Friday night and then did too much walking around yesterday when I was at the Park for the 10 milers.
    I was very sore and fed up this morning when I posted earlier and then I headed into town for a flotation session and had a 90 minutes holistic pregnancy massage after it.
    Now I'm like a new woman after all of that.
    On a different note I checked an old lottery ticket I found in my purse and I won €58! Happy days!

Imagine how happy I'd be if I won more than that :-)
    It's the very most I've ever won. Given that I hardly ever play the lottery this is a big win for me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Damn head cold.. have it almost 2 weeks now, :(

I've had physio in the Coombe for the SPD and it has helped overall. The Serola belt has helped a lot too. I think sometimes it's just worse than others and I had a bad nights sleep on Friday night and then did too much walking around yesterday when I was at the Park for the 10 milers.
    I was very sore and fed up this morning when I posted earlier

Splash out for a few private physio sessions.....SO worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Just cried for an hour and I have no idea why, just feel so overwhelmed with emotion and tiredness. I do feel better now but also totally drained and even more tired than before! Oh the joys..

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Just cried for an hour and I have no idea why, just feel so overwhelmed with emotion and tiredness. I do feel better now but also totally drained and even more tired than before! Oh the joys..

I had a few tears today as well, found out our bill from our mechanic for our service on the car is €800...3 weeks before baby due. Couldn't stop crying! Bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I had a few tears today as well, found out our bill from our mechanic for our service on the car is €800...3 weeks before baby due. Couldn't stop crying! Bloody hell!

Holy crap pastry that's horrific!! I don't think you'd have to be pregnant or hormonal to be constantly crying on getting a bill like that!

Karmella wrote: »
    Holy crap pastry that's horrific!! I don't think you'd have to be pregnant or hormonal to be constantly crying on getting a bill like that!

Just totally didn't expect it! I wanted the car serviced before baby comes and were quoted €220 so it floored me today! OH managed to calm me down but really short now and it's a pain in the ass being so close, I can't get last minute bits I wanted :(

Splash out for a few private physio sessions.....SO worth it

If it kicks off again in the same way I certainly will. Thankfully the massage helped a lot. Also the two days off work and I took it easy for both of them has helped hugely. 3 and a half more weeks left to work and then I am FINISHED! I am so ready for that.
    My most recent moan is the development of carpel tunnel syndrome. It's mild enough thankfully and at least I only have a few weeks led to go.
    Collected the buggy and all that stuff yesterday and had fun trying out the various parts of it this evening so things are coming together!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

At clinic appt today and whilst getting my bloods done I found out I have to get an anti-D injection tomorrow in the hospital because I'm rhesus negative. I wouldn't mind only I already got one at 12 weeks in the hospital! New hospital policy in Kk apparently. Such an awkward pain in the ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Lovely swollen ankles. Just lovely. Friday though so all is not lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I know all about the swollen ankles and feet as well Penny, it's no fun. I either have to wear flip flops or the hubby's runners now.

Treat yourself to a pedicure and leg rub, I had pedi yesterday and it was lovely to have feet looked after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

So sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    Just over 14 weeks and the daily vomiting and constant dehydration is really taking a toll - I've no reserves left.
    If my first pregnancy was like this, my LO would be an only child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Kash wrote: »
    So sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    Just over 14 weeks and the daily vomiting and constant dehydration is really taking a toll - I've no reserves left.
    If my first pregnancy was like this, my LO would be an only child.

Was just thinking that myself today, I feel tricked by my first pregnancy:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Try Fybogel sachets!! They're actually grand, take one in the morning and one in the evening and they keep everything ticking over nicely and girls get these for after pregnancy too, I've already had two bouts of internal haemorrhoids or a fissure (baba is 2 months) and it'll be the last straw at that stage, so keep these on standby for after baba comes!

Also Dulcolax Stool Softener is brilliant, I'm taking all at once and it's absolutely grand!

Anyone else feel like killing their OH!?!!
    37 weeks today and highly irritated, can't get comfortable sitting or lying down and my back hurts like it's snapping and my OH is being extra annoying, he's been really supportive the whole way and it seems at the end when I need it most he's acting really selfish! I'm the one walking away and counting to 10 shouldn't it be the other way around??!

36 weeks today! Had the most horrible night though.
    Went to bed at 11pm and woke up in quite a but of pain thinking I was in labour.
    When the OMG passed I realised I wasn't but it was my ol' pal SPD back to visit. The pain in my left side of my pubic bone down to my left inner thigh was really bad.
    Eventually it passed and I got back to bed at 3am. Slept until 5am when my hips and back decided it was their turn to make themselves felt.
    Argh.
    I got up at 07:30 to go to work thinking I'll take a half day due to the exhaustion. Had my breakfast which I then promptly threw up. Back in bed now with heat cushions and some paracetamol inside me and have decided to go into work at lunchtime instead.
    Baby bump is quite low now so the baby seems to have turned (as showing all the signs of that at my scan last week) so we 're certainly on the home stretch now. Convinced the baby will come out to play in September rather than October for some reason. MUST pack my bag this evening so if I do go early then I can just grab and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Have fainted, again. And bashed my face and bump, again. And hubby is out of the country, again. Totally freaking miserable :(

Have fainted, again. And bashed my face and bump, again. And hubby is out of the country, again. Totally freaking miserable :(

How far along are you? I fell quite a bit in the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy and thankfully neither myself nor the bump came to any harm other than a few bruises and injured pride for me.

Have your iron levels been checked and your BP? It wouldn't hurt to go to your GP and have these things looked at as they might be contributing to your fainting spells.

Oh god hope you are ok Kash, that's terrible, have the doctors been informed of this? You need to take it easy - really easy! How far are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Have a headcold, sore throat and my nose is running like a faucet-so worried it's gonna flare my asthma (cough variant). On top of that my plantar fasciitis is back but joy of joys it's now in both feet!!

Advertisement