Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. No, i hadn't finished work! I was in work the day before and was feeling awful tired, thought I'd over done it at the weekend as we'd the non-work baby shower on Sunday (which was absolutely lovely and very timely) and a friend staying with us for it down from Boston. He left Monday evening and missed all the fun!

Last few days have been great. Got very well looked after in the hospital, sharing a room at first then private room. Plenty of staff coming in to check on both of us, got feeding him from the start, very pro breast feeding in this hospital. I was really apprehensive about the medical care being too medical, iykwim, but they were great with how we wanted to do things.

He passed all his early tests, he's more like 39 weeks than 37, so my dates were probably just wrong.

We are home now since this afternoon. OH spent most of evening getting the crib together.

His nose has been a bit snuffly since e can home, nothing major probably just in response to dust in apt. But I can't go to sleep as I'm afraid he'll stop breathing. Lying here watching him sleep now. Crazy mammy worries have started already!!!

All the best monflat, hope all is going great and you're having great fun with the little bundle.

Best if luck to those yet to pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Ahhh that's lovely madeinamerica. :) I remember well just constantly looking at my son, for fear that he'd stop breathing. And also because he was just so gorgeous :)

Really enjoy this time now, getting everything together, it's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Well done made in America that's some story hope your enjoying you time together.
    Isn't it better you have your baby now as you don't get much maternity leave??? Enjoy every minute of it.

I'm still in hospital getting home tomorrow.
    A few surgery complications and different complications regardin pain relief.
    Never easy!!!

Baby feeding away great. First 48 hrs r so tough but all ok there now getting there.

I've limited the visitors and that helps great as everything takes its toll.

Was in a 2 bed room for 3 nights now out in 4 bed room.
    I can't wait to get home to a cup of tea and my own bed.

They don't seem to enforce the visitors policy here or the quiet hour from 3-4 pm
    It's a pity as at least everyone i saw had at least 4 visitors at a time. Baby being passed around then and get so over tired. .

Cleaners cleaning at all hours emptying bins and unnecessary noise!!!
    Aaaah

Hope next few days n weeks go great for ye all.

monflat wrote: »
    Well done made in America that's some story hope your enjoying you time together.
    Isn't it better you have your baby now as you don't get much maternity leave??? Enjoy every minute of it.
    I'm still in hospital getting home tomorrow.
    A few surgery complications and different complications regardin pain relief.
    Never easy!!!
    Baby feeding away great. First 48 hrs r so tough but all ok there now getting there.
    I've limited the visitors and that helps great as everything takes its toll.
    Was in a 2 bed room for 3 nights now out in 4 bed room.
    I can't wait to get home to a cup of tea and my own bed.
    They don't seem to enforce the visitors policy here or the quiet hour from 3-4 pm
    It's a pity as at least everyone i saw had at least 4 visitors at a time. Baby being passed around then and get so over tired. .
    Cleaners cleaning at all hours emptying bins and unnecessary noise!!!
    Aaaah
    Hope next few days n weeks go great for ye all.

Thanks monflat. Yeah I'm so happy he is here :)

Hope your complications clear up and you get home to your own bed soon. Great that bubs is feeding well! Good for you for limiting the visitors, some people dont take that well. I've no idea how women do it with streams of people coming in, I wouldn't have the energy or the patience. Anyway you'll be home soon and will get to enjoy your little munchkin completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Glad to hear you ladies are getting on great :)

Monflat, the hospital stay is my biggest worry, as I can't see getting any rest in the public ward. I am sure you are looking forward to being home with bubs and your kids

Hope all the ladies counting down the days and weeks are doing well too. I passed cold and cough to hubby so we are both wrecked. While he can take meds, my snoring is keeping him up - I have even woken myself up a few times with it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Hi Ladies hope you are all well & monflat and madeinamerica are taking it easy :) so hard to move around now really reached my limit this week! Doc says he's only 6lbs doesn't expect much more than 7lbs but obv cannot be sure.

Just wondering those of you that are public in The Coombe, is it €75 a night? Just checking as it's not been mentioned to me at all in hospital and it was a family member that told me to check.

Hi there the final weeks are very hard you just have a range of thoughts / emotions flying around.
    I'm not sure about the Coombe but once your public no charges are made

That's what it is in kilkenny anyways

Just a few things I found as a life saver were
    Flip flops for the shower as mentioned here before.

Bachs rescue remedy I found great

Ear plugs for when you get oh to come in he can mind baby etc while you sleep

Otherwise you will be so fascinated to close your eyes understandably!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Can't believe how immense the movements are now. My belly literally jumps all over the place. And much more constant than before. Literally looks and feels like bubs could break out of my belly any second! 36+3wks now. I thought movements decreased by this stage due to less space but bubs is still moving loads but just so much more stronger! And my belly antics are so noticeable to other people now, It's gas!

I'm wondering if I might have had braxton hicks today. Got some very sharp pains down below on and off for maybe an hour or so but then they stopped (phew). Are they like ...what I imagine to be bad period cramps? ( I never had period cramps so not too sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

73trix - my baby's movements are definitely lighter than before. I thought it was due to restricted space. I feel more like stretches and rolls now rather than kicks. I guess there's no such thing as 'normal' with pregnancy, other than what's normal for each woman. I would like a few more kicks though, for reassurance! Although I have weekly scans and I have to keep an eye on the movements so I really have no reason to complain/worry! :)

I think I've had braxton hicks too but for me it's where my belly kind of tenses up for a few seconds. It's involuntary, it'll happen after I stretch or if I've turned over in bed or something. I have been getting a few pains down low too, like the odd stabbing sensation. I've been told it's just baby hitting off the cervix (and hopefully thinning it out!!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Sounds like Braxton Hicks although I haven't had any so wouldn't be an expert lol.

First day of maternity leave today, so excited! I have a feeling September is gonna be a great month ;-)

• Advertisement

Hi girls, up most of the night 7 times for toilet which has increased, woke up about 6am with a dull period pain and a full on back pain, it's now nearly 3 hours later and it's still constant, feel a little nauseous too. Doesn't matter which way I move pain still there and feels different to any other aches I've had. Lying in bed resting now as the back pain is quite bad.

Didn't want to panic my OH this morning going to work but could it be the start of things?! No show or waters but last few days a huge increase in (tmi) discharge.

(37+1)

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Hi girls, up most of the night 7 times for toilet which has increased, woke up about 6am with a dull period pain and a full on back pain, it's now nearly 3 hours later and it's still constant, feel a little nauseous too. Doesn't matter which way I move pain still there and feels different to any other aches I've had. Lying in bed resting now as the back pain is quite bad.

Didn't want to panic my OH this morning going to work but could it be the start of things?! No show or waters but last few days a huge increase in (tmi) discharge.

(37+1)

Hmm, I'm not sure pastry as my water broke before anything happened, but it could be the early stages alright ! If it's not going away at all maybe ring your hospital and talk to a midwife... Describe all your aches etc and they'll probably give you the best advice!

(37+1)

Hi there
    I.had this very same symptoms at 37 weeks I stuck it out for 2 days. As I had so much to do and think about

To me it felt like what my first labour felt like.
    Real low dull ache into coccyx area.
    I went to hospital on 3 day as I said if I'm having a section I'm not goin through labour all over again.

They checked baby on ctg and checked me to see if i I was dilated.
    Nothing at that time.
    So i went home had section 5 days later.

Get checked out would be the best thing.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well. Had a doc appointment today. All ok, baby is transverse. Back to hospital next week to see then

Pastry2010, Does the pain ever let up? If not, it's probably not labour contractions, but when in doubt give the hospital a ring and describe your symptoms, they may want you to come in for a look just in case. Otherwise it could be the baby has shifted further down and is pressing on a nerve.

Excited_FTM, traverse is better than breech! Hopefully bubs will turn the right way around now.

It's my due date today! However, I think baby is going to do some overtime! Was at Doc and BP was ok, so happy for baby to chill for a while. Next antenatal appt on Thursday.

Pastry2010, Does the pain ever let up? If not, it's probably not labour contractions, but when in doubt give the hospital a ring and describe your symptoms, they may want you to come in for a look just in case. Otherwise it could be the baby has shifted further down and is pressing on a nerve.

Excited_FTM, traverse is better than breech! Hopefully bubs will turn the right way around now.

It's my due date today! However, I think baby is going to do some overtime! Was at Doc and BP was ok, so happy for baby to chill for a while. Next antenatal appt on Thursday.

It was constant & then stopped about 1pm, pain eased and I've had a few niggly pains but nothing too bad. Very weird! I also had loads of white dots on front of my eyes while I was getting the back pain and stomach ache.

Anyway all well now feeling grand I'm putting it down to my body getting ready!

It was constant & then stopped about 1pm, pain eased and I've had a few niggly pains but nothing too bad. Very weird! I also had loads of white dots on front of my eyes while I was getting the back pain and stomach ache.

Anyway all well now feeling grand I'm putting it down to my body getting ready!

Sounds like you body getting ready pastry but the white spots maybe a sign of low BP so maybe check with your doctor just in case?

Excited_FTM sounds like baby is on the move, fingers crossed for you!

Comeongethappy, ah the magical due date :) funny how few babies actually come when they're due!

Furbabymomma, well, I was two weeks late and my mom had to be induced. It could have been her curse of saying to me when I was bold as a child "someday, I hope you have a child just like you" :p

Furbabymomma, well, I was two weeks late and my mom had to be induced. It could have been her curse of saying to me when I was bold as a child "someday, I hope you have a child just like you" :p

Hahaha KARMA!

Lol!!!

• Advertisement

Haha oooh I was 2 weeks early so that would be great!:)

So are the majority of the Sept thread on maternity leave now? I've lost count!

Haha oooh I was 2 weeks early so that would be great!:)

So are the majority of the Sept thread on maternity leave now? I've lost count!

Yeah my dad said that we were all a week early, and my son was so here's hoping for more of the same :)

I am very busy on my first week of mat leave. I've been doing a lot of 'sort out my life' jobs today, I've been down to the primary school to make sure my sons name is down for next sept (it is!) and then I went to Citizens Advice and have registered with the Family Mediation Service. Must be a lot of marital breakdown as there is a 4-5 month waiting list to get an appointment!

I went shopping yesterday for ingredients to make up dinners for freezing. Need to do a bit of house cleaning but that's it really.

Other than that, things are good. I've been taking insulin & diabetes meds but doesn't seem to be making any difference to my readings. No real aches & pains this week so far. Next antenatal appointment is on Monday afternoon (38 weeks). It's just a waiting game now really :)

Well the latest on the cravings is......petrol!!! I literally cannot get enough of smelling it when I fill up the car...even contemplated filling up my petrol can €5's worth and bringing it home.

Dear God....what have I turned into?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Well the latest on the cravings is......petrol!!! I literally cannot get enough of smelling it when I fill up the car...even contemplated filling up my petrol can €5's worth and bringing it home.

Thats nuts! I haven't seen much about cravings on this thread but thats the strangest yet! i haven't had any.

First day of mat leave today and still in bed....bliss! Gp signed me off week early due to stress as lots been going on in the family and he thought taking work out of the equation was all he could do. But v grateful!

It's fairly normal, though people around you might not understand! My coworker loved firelighters, would stand sniffing them in Tesco while her OH went around doing the shopping.

Had my 40+3 antenatal appt today, and platelets on last bloods were low. They are going to make sure they don't go below 80 otherwise epidural is out. Hands and feet started to itch this week so they are also checking Liver function, if low they may induce. Otherwise if everything ok and I haven't gone, I see them next Thurs, they book me in for a scan on Sat, and induction on 14th.

Hope you don't have to wait to much longer to meet your little one!!

37+3 today and thought it wld be great idea to stroll to the shop & post a letter (this is a 5-10 minute walk). Nope, bad idea! Got a stitch/cramp about half way there :( Oh well, will just have to give up on the walking lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

37 weeks here and would LOVE if this baby would arrive soon. My body is seriously tired at this stage, I can't even stroll to the shop without swelling up (I've been checked in hospital, it's 'normal') and I've had vomiting and nosebleeds the last few weeks. I think my body is having a meltdown at this stage :)

Isolt wrote: »
    37 weeks here and would LOVE if this baby would arrive soon. My body is seriously tired at this stage, I can't even stroll to the shop without swelling up (I've been checked in hospital, it's 'normal') and I've had vomiting and nosebleeds the last few weeks. I think my body is having a meltdown at this stage :)

I know all about the swelling, I am either in flip flops or my hubby's runners - had to buy mens size 10 slippers for the hospital!

Nosebleeds aren't fun, have you had a GP or antenatal appt since they started to check your blood pressure? It can be completely normal during pregnancy (my friend had one for three days straight and there was nothing wrong), but always be on the safe side :)

• Advertisement

37+4 and baby still breech. Have been removed from my midwife scheme and placed under consultant care. ECV failed. Down but not giving up hope. Consultant is giving me every chance to wait for the baby to turn. I've had 2 Webster sessions with the chiropractor and after the first session the head moved from being jammed in the space between my ribs to the right side, after the second session head has moved over to the left. So trying to go somewhere, just not quite there yet!

Advertisement