Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Hi there
    Unfortunately, my Planet X Pro Carbon bike was stolen from my front garden in Belgard Heights, Tallaght this evening, between 6pm and 7pm.
    It is a black model from 2009, with Shimano 105 groupset, and a Garmin Edge 500.
    I'd appreciate it if an eye can be kept out for this.
    Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

montac wrote: »
    Hi there
    Unfortunately, my Planet X Pro Carbon bike was stolen from my front garden in Belgard Heights, Tallaght this evening, between 6pm and 7pm.
    It is a black model from 2009, with Shimano 105 groupset, and a Garmin Edge 500.
    Conor

Sympathy. I hope this doesn't mean the gang that was operating across Tallaght, Terenure, Kimmage and Harold's Cross until recently has got back into action.

Hi there
    Conor

Sorry - photo now attached hopefully...

Hi there
    Conor
    Chuchote wrote: »
    Sympathy. I hope this doesn't mean the gang that was operating across Tallaght, Terenure, Kimmage and Harold's Cross until recently has got back into action.

Hope not. I suspect it was opportunistic. I live in a quiet cul de sac that would not have many passersby. However, I have noticed a drone flying overhead in recent weeks, and I keep wondering if the pilot of the drone has been sneaking a look at our gardens...

Did you tell the Gardabout the drone?

Picture made visible ;)

423361.jpg

No, I didn't tell them about the drone.
    Will do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fayainz

Hey guys, just an update on my stolen bike seen below.

IMG_7329.jpg

So I was able to get some CCTV footage of the little ****e. This was from the Beacon South Quarter bike rack, you can clearly see the guy taking his leisurely time cycling away.
    <snip>

High resolution images found here:
    <snip>

So to the thief who thought "I'll get away with this", if you are reading this - *The Garda have your face and are collecting more CCTV footage. Return my bike and I will drop the case. It's only a matter of time until you get caught*

I don't appreciate my **** being taken, as a South African who's moved here from growing tired of crime, I will do everything in my power to get justice.

If you see this kid, or know who he is, please PM me so I can ensure the Garda can ring up his Mum and disappoint her.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

My wifes brand new Lapairre Trekking 200W bike was stolen around 7.10pm last night from outside Aldi in East Wall. A very bright blue so hopefully easily identifiable

Any help appreciated.

Was shopping in Iceland on Talbot St. last night. Parked the bike in the racks outside and kept an eye on it the whole time. As I was loading my shopping onto the checkout I see my bike moving (I was 3 minutes tops in the shop).....

I caught the two s*umbags in the act. "Ah what ya doing bud, I was just jasus looking at the bike, its a cool bike man, what is it Carbon?" :rolleyes:

So just to alert people that these people are monitoring these bike racks...

Have to say that people are starting to watch more than they used to. Yesterday I was with two male family members checking on the brakes of one's bike, which was locked on the quays. A few people stopped to check out what we were doing, and moved on when it was clear that we weren't stealing it. Glad to see that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm always wary of checking out bikes - in the 'admiring them' sense, as it probably looks to a casual passerby that i'm scoping them out for theft.

last time it happened was on the corner of exchequer street and drury street, spotted a giant cadex which has been converted to a fixie.

i'm always wary of checking out bikes - in the 'admiring them' sense, as it probably looks to a casual passerby that i'm scoping them out for theft.

last time it happened was on the corner of exchequer street and drury street, spotted a giant cadex which has been converted to a fixie.

Yeah, me too, normally, though I don't really look like the average bike thief (no mask, no stripey jumper, no bag marked "swag" over my shoulder :P ) but I'd bought two bike cables, and we were trying to work out if I'd bought the right kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JohhnoOrlando

Bike was robbed from the bike shed behind our flat. Bastard broke in and cut the lock inside.

The bike was a Pendleton Somerby with a large sliver bell.

The serial number is : AJ30064972

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bike was robbed from the bike shed behind our flat. Bastard broke in and cut the lock inside.

The bike was a Pendleton Somerby with a large sliver bell.

The serial number is : xxxxx
    Don't think it's a great idea to post your serial number here. You may need this to prove your ownership.

Somebody got a good result here;

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-irish-cycle-mechanic-floors-guy-trying-to-steal-his-bike/

Don't think it's a great idea to post your serial number here. You may need this to prove your ownership.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-irish-cycle-mechanic-floors-guy-trying-to-steal-his-bike/

Ha ha ha that was some lunge at the little scrote and a fine left hand. Maybe he boxes off season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ha ha ha that was some lunge at the little scrote and a fine left hand. Maybe he boxes off season :pac:
    True, though it looked like he left the bike exposed again while he went after scrote A. I was worried that scrote B would come back and take the bike again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

saw a comment on broadsheet which made sense - if you are going to leave a bike unlocked, change to your hardest gear possible so as to slow down someone trying to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

saw a comment on broadsheet which made sense - if you are going to leave a bike unlocked, change to your hardest gear possible so as to slow down someone trying to get away.

Maybe remove the front skewer as well. Just remember to refit it before you cycle off yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yeap, fair play to the mechanic, he was lucky to catch the scrotes in time, also lucky there was no passing cars when he made that dive or could have been a lot more injuries..

I wonder would he have floored the thieving sc*m if he had got road spd cleats on his shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Yeap, fair play to the mechanic, he was lucky to catch the scrotes in time, also lucky there was no passing cars when he made that dive or could have been a lot more injuries..

I wonder would he have floored the thieving sc*m if he hadn't got road spd cleats on his shoes?

Amazing. Only a pity the little scrote didn't get more of a hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to be in the easiest (or hardest) gear and stop cycling and change to a much harder one, front and back, so if they got on it would not even be in gear and would be clicking away once they start cycling, and/or take the chain right off the front rings.

This is a benefit of most ebikes, most will only work when the computer is on them and a nightmare to cycle with no power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I saw these lads up in Howth on Tuesday night, they were nearby the shop at the top of the summit. I usually leave my bike outside briefly if I'm getting more water. It's quite clever of them though, they just have to roll down the hill with your bike, you'd never catch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Amazing. Only a pity the little scrote didn't get more of a hammering

They aren't that little, some are 6 foot in height and there can be quite a few of them. I do agree they should have got more of a hammering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Hey guys,

My Giant Defy 3 was stolen today from Hazelhatch Train Station, Celbridge between 6.30am and 5pm, today. Locks cut and they strangely kept / dumped 1...White and black, Sora Groupset and shimano RS31 wheels. I'd only gotten it back from being serviced so I'm pretty gutted about it. I've no car currently so the bike takes me everywhere.

I'd appreciate any info or suspicious looking ads for a bike similar in spec. I'll be keeping an eye out in the usual places myself.

Much appreciated

1504113_10152738339418205_5142548458065130178_n_zpswnbs5mnt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Two cable locks was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Cable and u-lock

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Determined thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭RINO87

Not sure if this is allowed here but I was browsing a Facebook for sale page and there is a red specialized mountain bike for sale with shoddy details and at a price that would indicate that it's stolen.... Cant make out the model from the pics. PM and I can point towards it. Munster area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

My daily commuter Bianchi Pista got robbed 19/08 7.15pm by a 16-21yr old approx 5'6 male, full grey tracksuit, near Portobello. Spotted by a cycle Garda headed in the direction of Dolphin's Barn. Reward for any info leading to her safe return.

143959.jpg
    143958.jpg

Added mavic openpro rims, same tyres and a small black bell since these pics were taken.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F251536689221-0-1%2Fs-l1000.jpg&f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

God that's beautiful; hope you get it back.