Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Add another one to the didn't get a ticket in time list :(

Always drop outs closer to the gig though so there should be tickets floating around on Twitter etc hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

HighClass wrote: »
    Add another one to the didn't get a ticket in time list :(

Always drop outs closer to the gig though so there should be tickets floating around on Twitter etc hopefully.

I dunno. It's a pretty small venue and I doubt there'll be enough spare to cater for demand?

Has anything been done to The Opium Rooms since the days when it was called The Village? The Village was always the worst venue in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Method Man and Redman are in Liverpool on the 14th of December. It's 30 pounds. Seems a bit expensive? I would love to see them though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Method Man and Redman are in Liverpool on the 14th of December. It's 30 pounds. Seems a bit expensive? I would love to see them though.

Are they not touring with a group of decent people as well?

I wouldn't miss that one, supposed to be great on stage together, and would be great to hear/see the Blackout album and earlier things they done together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Are they not touring with a group of decent people as well?

I wouldn't miss that one, supposed to be great on stage together, and would be great to hear/see the Blackout album and earlier things they done together.

I don't know who they're touring with.

I was went to see Ghostface, GZA and Raekwon a few years ago. Meth was supposed to be there. This would go towards making up for that.

I'm also going to the United / Liverpool match that day. It could be dodgy going out in Liverpool that night as a United fan ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Looks like it's:
    Method Man & Redman
    No Fakin’ DJs
    DJ 2Kind
    The L100 Liverpool Cypher
    Scorzayzee

According to the venue's site. Price is probably fair enough. Think it was something similar for Mos Def/Kweli in London a few years ago. That had De La Soul/Rakim too, though.

Meth is great live though. He held the show together in Tripod a few years back. Would have been average without him. I'd have no doubt Redman is good, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The Nosaj Thing gig was crap by the way. It was just a (free) DJ set.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

If anyone knows of any spare Run The Jewels tickets please let me know, gig flew straight over my head with college midterms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone goin to Chali 2na?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Going to Marteria in Bern next Tuesday and Cro in Freiburg on the 28th...I'll be impressed if any of you know of them without Google :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Any one going to to RA rugged man on friday ,
    I only found out about today by chance ...

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/bulletproof-records-present-ra-the-rugged-man/

mad I can't go , i'll settle for Mos Def monday night in vicar st. tho

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone with tickets for RTJ that can't go? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I've seen a few spares going on Twitter, they are gone now mind but I'd keep an eye on the #ticketfairy hashtag.

I've seen a few spares going on Twitter, they are gone now mind but I'd keep an eye on the #ticketfairy hashtag.

i just missed a ticketfairy one by about 10 seconds earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Smoke DZA playing the sugar club in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I know it's early but Wu Tang have dates for next June in the UK. Probably going to go to Glasgow if I can

Heard someone say they'd be likely for Forbidden Fruit. Wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone know anything about support for Run The Jewels?

I think it's mynameisjohn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Anyone know anything about support for Run The Jewels?

There's a good chance they'll out do Run The Jewels when it comes to energy!

• Advertisement

^ I hope to find out. I'm even offering a bottle of Moet and ticket price in exchange for a ticket now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Well RTJ just got album of the year on Pitchfork, so if demand was not already high enough already I would say it's crazy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Went to print my tickets last night and seems I ticked the box for standard mail delivery and obviously haven't received them :( not sure if will be able to get in now

Went to print my tickets last night and seems I ticked the box for standard mail delivery and obviously haven't received them :( not sure if will be able to get in now

Try calling Ticketmaster or the venue. I'm sure they can sort you out.

Anyone know the stage times for tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone going to try and get tickets outside tonight?

What was the consensus on RTJ? I thought they were great, serious energy, and they just seemed to really be having a good time. Seemed pretty down to earth and humble about the whole thing too, I guess because it has taken them a bit longer. The venue, as expected was very disappointing. Found the sound quality very poor, but still a good night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

sound was terrible, could barely hear them over the backing track. lighting was terrible, could barely see the two of them sometimes. couldn't move in there, it was wedged. the village was the worst venue in Dublin, dunno why it's back

gig was class overall though it was pretty subdued where i was stuck down the back. looked mental up front.

I was talking to the promoters about the venue, they tried to get something bigger but there was nothing else available.

Still well cheesed off that I missed the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Brian wrote: »
    Is Run the Jewels sold out?

7uE692.png

HEH. Had a ticket, didn't know, didn't go.

Advertisement