Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ooh what are you going to brew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Probably a porter to start ;)

Nice! I've always wanted to try brewing but don't know where to start.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

R&M beers in Links' gaf, house beers all round

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Haha, why not! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Anyone have any nice plans for the weekend? It's almost 8pm on a Friday night and I feel like a nap :pac:. Might get stuck into the backlog of games I have though. No money and no babysitter so it'll be the height of my excitement :P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A friend is going to China, so I'm going to a party for him. Bought a bottle of Jack Daniels honey for the occasion :D

Ohh very nice :D. I have Vimto, I've pushed the boat out :P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alas, that's tomorrow night so for now the bottle shall taunt me with its honey flavoured goodness. Also, gonna watch the new Doctor Who tomorrow, looking forward to that one :D

Not in to that show myself but I don't really watch much t.v. anyway! Malcolm in the Middle is my go to show though, best comedy ever :D.

• Advertisement

My plans are to lay low this weekend. It's Galway Pride, and well... I just want to avoid it :o

Finally finished watching what I had of Supernatural, we've left it at Season 7 because I've no more episodes handy, gonna watch other stuff now :) hurrah! just in time for new Doctor Who and all :D

I've never been to a Pride thing. I think it's cause I'm afraid I'll meet Katherine Lynch.

Think of St. Patricks day, only a gay version of that. So, basically a less camp Paddy's day with better tunes :pac:

Basically all I listen to on Paddy's day is Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly, so I'm fine for tunes there.

So it's basically a drunken mess except the puke is rainbow coloured instead of green? :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Pretty much exactly what Dublin Pride was like the last time I was there...

Yup! And that's why I'm avoiding it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So been in hospital the last two days getting the appendix out. Should be home later today hopefully. At least it gets me at least a nice week off work!

Somnus wrote: »
    So been in hospital the last two days getting the appendix out. Should be home later today hopefully. At least it gets me at least a nice week off work!

Glad to hear, the recovery and associated inactivity is the worst part of a surgery as I'm currently discovering.

Ah hope you're feeling ok Somnus! I had my appendix out when I was a teenager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

If you've any super-specific questions about Berlin, ask away, I'm living in another city close by, have loads of friends in Berlin and as a result, I've been there a LOT (know it far better than I know Dublin tbh :P). Fantastic city to visit!

Hey man, I intend to use Google Maps (i.e. my phone) at times to get around, do you know what the internet coverage is like?

I'd expect good coverage around the heart of the city, but I'm staying out toward Berlin-Grunewald and will spend a day in the Grunewald forest so I'm wondering if it's poor in those areas?

Walking the dog, Payday 2 and some study :) today is quite cool :D

Fcuk it bought be a jar of bockwurst today, gonna attempt to make currywurst with it. Hopefully it'll be edible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I couldn't sleep last night. I went for a walk at about 7am, a short one, but it cleared my head and after some fresh pastries (om nom) I got some sleep. I'm amazed it's already 4pm, probably because I was watching an MMA fight from China. I think I might meet up with a friend for some quiet drinks. Chieftain IPA, lovely stuff.

I'm listening to a John Peel recording of Melt Banana now. Great band, but I'd love to have John Peel still alive, the man was a genius when it came to music.

Hope it goes well P_1 ;)

Lyaiera, what's the Chieftain IPA like?

Was more than edible I have to say ;) They may look disgusting in a jar but those bockwurst are a surprisingly nice substitute.

Links234 wrote: »
    Lyaiera, what's the Chieftain IPA like?

Very nice. I've seen variations in its taste but that could just as much be down to me. What I love about it is that it's a fruity beer, with a bit of clarity to the taste but a nice full mouth feel. I find I can drink as much or little of it as I want and be just as happy with it either way. There's definitely far better beers out there but if you just want an honest, decent beer it's hard to beat. It's simple and pleasurable and it's why I often go for it when I'm not looking to broaden my tastes.

Food and beer, some of my favourite topics! :D

Once I've made my porter, I'm going to do an IPA ;) fingers crossed it's nice! :D

I had the Kinnegar (sp?) Porter at room temperature the other day. It was absolutely lovely. Mabye a few degrees lower would have been better but the smell of it was just gorgeous, one of the nicest porters/stouts I've had in a long time. Expensive in the pub at €6.50 though. For special occasions. I might even rank it better than the O'Hara's stuff.

And I got in an argument with the guy I was out with, so I cut my Chieftain drinking short. We sorted it out via text but I'm in no mood to head back out again. :(

I have The Seventh Seal downloaded so I might watch that. Playing chess with the Grim Reaper while the plague ravages around you? \m/

• Advertisement

Ah, sorry to hear you got into an argument :(

Yeah, I think I had that Kinnegar stout before. One I got a taste of the last day I was out was the Hog's Back OTT, and I'm itching to try a full one to myself because it tasted gorgeous :D

I watched the Seventh Seal ages ago, good watch! ;)

Advertisement