Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Lads,

having issues connecting to the wetek from my PC.

I was able to do this a few days ago by entering the wetek IP address in my web browser, however I have failed to do this the last two evenings.

I am also unable to connect to the wetek through the "run command" on my PC. I have also tried the Dreambox Control Centre application but this doesn't work either.

I have made sure that the Web Server in Kodi is checked and permission allowed and also the Remote Control option in Kodi is also check and permission allowed.

I have searched through the internet but I have not been able to find an answer.

Any ideas what this could be?

What set up have you got on the box ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I find the web broader route very hit and miss. I use filezilla which works all the time.

Nearly easier to use too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

TvHeadend is wrecking my head so I am going to try Android and Wetek Theater over the weekend

Few questions
    Can you do a 'watch one record another channel' in Theater?
    will it show 7 day EPG?
    will it do series link?
    can I have Saorview and Sat on the one EPG?

need to make this as wife/kid friendly as possible so the easier the better and at the moment Kodi/Openelec/Enigma etc are just way too much hassle and way over complicated for the bog standard user

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Haven't got one (YET!!) but some basics to check - Is it configured for DHCP? if so, perhaps it has picked up a new IP address. Can you ping its ip? If so, then your networking is in tact and the issue is more likely to be with configuration of the box itself.

Yes I was able to ping the IP address. the ping did fail on the first attempt though...?

I find the web broader route very hit and miss. I use filezilla which works all the time.

Nearly easier to use too.

I would have thought Dreambox Control Centre would have done the same job but I will give Filezilla a tray later

Yes I was able to ping the IP address. the ping did fail on the first attempt though...?

I would have thought Dreambox Control Centre would have done the same job but I will give Filezilla a tray later

I get fairly bad pings to mine, 20-50ms average and the box is nearly beside the wireless router, and pc I'm pinging from is about 2 meters away in the same room :eek:

Check your openelec settings (not the normal ones) and be sure samba and ssh haven't turned themselves off on you.

Are you just trying to put files on to it or something else.

Check your openelec settings (not the normal ones) and be sure samba and ssh haven't turned themselves off on you.

Are you just trying to put files on to it or something else.

Yeah wanted to set up the tvheadend backup by Honcho. My understanding is I need to save the backup file into the storage folder and create the backups from there to get the backup onto NAND??

Or can I just do it on a sd card?

I will also need to access Oscam through my WeTek IP:8888 to active the ****

No something not right here..

I cant even ping the IP address now.

Sometimes is times out, other times it will ping 3 out of 4 packets but the ping times are up around 3000ms...? Sometimes they are in the 100s...

Ive tried rebooting and I even deleted Pardox build and went back to fresh Kodi start but still the same.

Also cannot connect in Filezilla but can now connect through the windows run command...

Cant get me head around it, very strange

I get the following when I try to connect from Filezilla

I am using username Root and password Openelec

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
    Error: Could not connect to server
    Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
    Error: Could not connect to server

EDIT: I got it connected with Filezilla, I needed to put "sftp://" in front of the IP address.

However I cannot figure out the ping issue and there seems be be times when windows run command works and doesn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've had loads of issues with pbenigma and now with openelec.
    Its definitely something you're doing wrong.
    Does the IP address of the box keep changing perhaps? It may conflict with something else on your network?

Dont know man its a head melter.

I tried to do a soft reset to get me back to Kodi main page so i could try the openPLI image and I think Im after fooking it right up, its being doing this for the last 20 mins...

http://s328.photobucket.com/user/Pau1_B/library/?sort=3&page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

I tried to do a soft reset to get me back to Kodi main page so i could try the openPLI image and I think Im after fooking it right up, its being doing this for the last 20 mins...

Turn it off and reflash openelec to nand again

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Turn it off and reflash openelec to nand again

Had to do a hard reset bu the reset button underneath the box

Pings are through the roof at 3000ms. Thats why the connection is failing, have you a laptop in the same room etc? how is it's wireless reception?

check the signal strength on the box setting, usual stuff to check , distance from wireless router, interference etc.

EDit: Are you connecting to the box from upstairs and it's in the living room or something?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I ordered a DVB-C / DVB-T Wetek box in the group buy

Is this the correct connection for dvb-t / dvb-c? (See image attached)

http://s15.postimg.org/8nls67fgb/IMG_20160203_181856_1454523650235.jpg

Or did I get the wrong box?

I'm just not sure because its a different connection to my cable connection I'm trying to hook up to it.

Or do I need an adapter? This is first cable box I've bought. I usually deal with dvb-s tuners

There was an adaptor taped to the top of those connections.

I see rockcrusher is the latest one to disappear, apparently all his links were taken down this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I see rockcrusher is the latest one to disappear, apparently all his links were taken down this evening.

Not by choice. See his twitter feed?

Not by choice. See his twitter feed?

Yep, whether it's by choice or not, it's still gone :(

Aquos76 wrote:
    Yep, whether it's by choice or not, it's still gone

Is that what was going on? I downloaded android earlier on and couldn't get any links to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yep, whether it's by choice or not, it's still gone :(

He has a few bits back up already :)

He has a few bits back up already

Have to admire the intelligence of these lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

If that happens again just leave it. It does repair itself after 2-3 hours so no need to lose your set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sweet Jesus glen, you're having a bad run of it! WTF are you trying to do out of interest? You never rang me. Did you get the dish sorted?

On a side note, I've been onto the forum mod and he will edit the OP once I put some detsil together. Ideally some step by step tutorials, good links to same, tips etc all on the front page to cut down on the clutter. So anyone, feel free to PM any useful info / tutorials and I'll incorporate this into the edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Has anyone had an issue with Kodi crashing on load? I get the splash screen, then it bombs out to the Android launcher. If I keep trying, it gets in eventually.

I tried Paradox during the week and that seems to have made it worse, I couldn't load it at all last night.

dodzy wrote:
    sweet Jesus glen, you're having a bad run of it! WTF are you trying to do out of interest? You never rang me. Did you get the dish sorted?

Alright mate yeah got the dish sorted, I didn't want to bother you with it. Thanks for your kind offer though, appreciate it!

Ah I've tried everything, I've done tons of research and I'm 99% sure I'm doing everything right but I'm just not having any luck with it at all.

I don't wanna be adding more negativity into the thread but I think this is definitely the final straw for me...

I did a hard reset last night and upgraded to android and I am having MORE issues.

When I switch off the box it comes back on at a time of 00:00 in January 1970 which has its own problems.

I also am having difficulties downloading apps from Google play store or using any of the preloaded apps such as Google Chrome, YouTube etc. They don't work basically, either does Google play. Aptoid seems to work though as I was able to download Netflix from that.

When I try to search for something in Google I get a message telling me that there is "problems with the security certificate of this site"

The preloaded apps seem to think that there is no network connectivity and I get messages to tell me to connect to a network but I am clearly connected.

Basically nothing works except Kodi.

So I'll be going back to openelec today and downloading the paradox build and leaving it at that!

So I'll be going back to openelec today and downloading the paradox build and leaving it at that!

Am starting from scratch myself this morning, and am going to follow this guide (for a start)

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

The Oscam thing has my head wrecked, but I am convinced I am just missing something simple.

Went to watch TV this morning and the channel order I have had set for the last few weeks has come undone :mad:

How do it save this order once I put them back as they should be so I can reload if it happens again :confused:

Or better still how do I remove all the empty / unused channels (name not set) in TVHeadEnd? I tried but they keep coming back.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Am starting from scratch myself this morning, and am going to follow this guide (for a start)

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

The Oscam thing has my head wrecked, but I am convinced I am just missing something simple.

I did that last weekend, using that guide. Patience is a good friend to have with a fresh start. :)

I've kept things simple this time. What I want most of all from this box is the ability to watch and record live TV so I'm just concentrating on that. I'm steering clear of Kodi add-ons and won't bother with other set-ups on SD cards, at least until I get the TV part the way I have it up and running and I'm just trying to figure out how to get the channels I watch into a list so there's not hundreds there to choose from. Can't figure out if I should be doing that in the Kodi TV group manager or the Tvheadend GUI. Also don't know if I need to group them using tags or if I can somehow create a personal bouquet. Anybody any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

jakdublin wrote: »
    I did that last weekend, using that guide. Patience is a good friend to have with a fresh start. :)

I've kept things simple this time. What I want most of all from this box is the ability to watch and record live TV so I'm just concentrating on that. I'm steering clear of Kodi add-ons and won't bother with other set-ups on SD cards, at least until I get the TV part the way I have it up and running and I'm just trying to figure out how to get the channels I watch into a list so there's not hundreds there to choose from. Can't figure out if I should be doing that in the Kodi TV group manager or the Tvheadend GUI. Also don't know if I need to group them using tags or if I can somehow create a personal bouquet. Anybody any tips?
    Yeah, scrap tvheadend and go the week theatre route. You'll be done in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mr E wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue with Kodi crashing on load? I get the splash screen, then it bombs out to the Android launcher. If I keep trying, it gets in eventually.

I tried Paradox during the week and that seems to have made it worse, I couldn't load it at all last night.

Yeah, it happens a lot. I don't use kodi at all in android anymore, but I think it was possible to fix that issue sometimes, by going to settings -> apps -> kodi -> Force Stop
    and then going to SuperSU and removing Kodi and letting it re-grant access when I opened it (kodi) again.

jakdublin wrote: »

The patience is beginning to wear a bit thin now, set everything up again from scratch, followed the guide and have the FTA channels working, but can't get Oscam going still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

eamonnq wrote: »
    The patience is beginning to wear a bit thin now, set everything up again from scratch, followed the guide and have the FTA channels working, but can't get Oscam going still.

You using TvHeadend? I've got it working with that...if you want to PM me I can tell you what I did.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, it happens a lot. I don't use kodi at all in android anymore, but I think it was possible to fix that issue sometimes, by going to settings -> apps -> kodi -> Force Stop
    and then going to SuperSU and removing Kodi and letting it re-grant access when I opened it (kodi) again.

Now that you mention it, there was an update to supersu during the week. That could be it, cheers. I'll try that tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Had the OpenElec model running on Android this week and then copied PBnigma (alt version) to micro SD to try it out today. Got FTA channels set up and seemed to be OK.

Then I powered it down and removed the micro SD. I expected that I could then reboot to Android on internal memory. However, all I get is the power light on the corner of the box, no sign of signal from box to tv and no network connection light.

So I unplugged, put the SD card back in, powered it up and now have PBnigma back running.

Have I somehow wiped the internal Android version while playing around with PBnigma? (I thought that I could only flash the internal by holding down the reset button with a pin during boot - like I did to switch from the OpenElec it shipped with to Android?)

FFS

Lot of high profile ones going the way of the dodo recently, I have a grand total of 2 add-ons installed I won't mention by name but both are by guys like this who gave up on mega popular ones and focus on new ones. On to be honest their new ones work far more consistently and reliably than the old ones ever did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Has anyone managed to get a line working with openPLi enigma2 image using standard remote? I cant enter the config page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

You need to ftp configure files to box or use Oscan webif through ip:port ;-)

Also (I forgot about this), on some versions of Kodi this may help, - uncheck "Enable Kodi Intro Movie"

Found in (Depending on skin)

Skin Settings -> Scripts -> Startup Window

GY A1 wrote: »
    You need to ftp configure files to box or use Oscan webif through ip:port ;-)

Whats the default port for the web panel for oscam? 8888 wont connect for me after installing OScam from plugins menu, would rather the webpanel over ftp client

Have u started it from settings panel. That it's running first
    Then usually ip:8888

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    Have u started it from settings panel. That it's running first
    Then usually ip:8888

Under softcam setup, select softcam : Oscam

is only mention of it I can see so presume thats it?

Is it running.
    Or restart first

Its not displaying in plugins menu like other plugins so I dont know if it is, is it supposed to display there?

EDIT : Got connected to the webpanel it defaulted to 8081. I found this out by FTP'ing to usr/bin/oscam.conf and checking this file

EDIT2 : Also meant to post this link for people having trouble entering in OScam settings, this explained it to me clearly what needed to go where
    see post by card reader. http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=27531&page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

For those using the PBnigma image. I had mine connected to an old Pioneer plasma which can only handle 720p. So when the image was installed on the sd card, I booted up and saw the PBnigma boot screen then the screen went black.

I then connected to my much newer Panasonic plasma and after the boot screen PBnigma loaded in all its glory. It much be set to display at 1080p!

Just in case anyone else has this problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Just got my box from the group buy and the remote is very very sluggish.tried both remotes but still the same and they are very fast on my other box.anybody know why

Allyall wrote: »

Tried this last night. My version of Kodi isn't using SuperSU. Should it be?

Tried this last night. My version of Kodi isn't using SuperSU. Should it be?

If you are using Kodi 15 and up then, no.
    If you are using Kodi 14.2 (I think comes preinstalled with Wetek Android), then yep, it requires Superuser, or at least allows Kodi to choose it's own permissons, so should result in better overall performance (As best it can in Android).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So I think I have had my fill of this box.
    I have come to the conclusion its not worth the hassle
    There is too much tinkering and its not family friendly in any way
    Maybe in 12 months time when its more stable it might be better

Things that have annoyed me

Android
    HD channels no sound in Wetek Theatre
    Lip sync issues on some channels
    Cant seem to get the watch one record one working
    No easy way to sort channels
    Channel switching is slow
    EPG is awful

OpenElec
    TVHeadend is a beast and not easy to work with
    TV option not showing in Confluence skin
    Channel switching is slow
    Kodi is not wife/family friendly

PBEnigma/OpenATV
    Best options of any I think for watching FTA but they are temperamental and can have lots of glitches
    Not easy to set up

I will hold on to the box for a little while longer but may sell it soon.
    If I can get it set up as purely a backend server for Live TV then I might hold on to it.

We just signed up with Sky for €49 (TV/Broadband/Phone package) and we also have a Chromecast and even a few Now TV boxes running plex so I think we can get all we need on these and it will be off to the pub for any big matches!! (win win!)

So I think I have had my fill of this box.

I will hold on to the box for a little while longer but may sell it soon.
    If I can get it set up as purely a backend server for Live TV then I might hold on to it.

I hear you pal. I've kinda enjoyed playing around with it but there's too much messing about with configurations for my liking. I reckon it's something you'll always have to be fiddling around with no matter what set up you have. I have got tvheadend working (just fta channels) and can record (most of the time) but it is a beast. That's mostly what I wanted it for so I'm happy enough for now and maybe I'll learn more in time.

I'll be keeping my firestick (Kodi with black box/paradox & Plex) which satisfies most of my streaming needs) and would be my recommendation for anybody wanting to learn about cord cutting without being overwhelmed by tech talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

Running various sat boxes and media players a good few years now but I have to say the Wetek box done my head in, settled on a Technomate combo for Sat/Saorview and Amazon fire TV for Kodi, peace of mind at last.

Advertisement