Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Dogura's (Beast Azrael) thoughts on the upcoming patch. Really agree with him on some things here.

Bfq63eLCEAAMmM2.png:large

Also the Jin, Bang, Azrael and Hakumen proposed changes are up. Could still be more for them though.
    http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/04/blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-changes-for-bang-jin-azrael-and-hakumen-teased-by-arc-system-works-planner-kato/

That Azrael buff isn't really much. Just gives you one or two new combo routes in using OD as a comeback method which isn't that reliable in itself. Figured they'd keep him the same.

Jin getting away with murder and Hakumen still going to have mental damage off OD confirms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Xinkai wrote: »

Makoto's still dead. Kagura looks a bit more enticing now, his new C stuff might make him a bit more May-ish. Most of the changes seem fine.

Valk gets a pat on the back.
    Azrael got nothing but buffs? He didn't even need them.

Era of Tao, Valk and Rachel incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

10 heat was a little too much, I can understand that.
    Not sure what combo starter time refers to? Is it just the start up?
    Fatal j2C, hopefully identical from all heights. Feels good.

Also, 3C buffs. I can get behind this.

• Advertisement

Guys big news Calamity Trigger just came out on Steam!

Kappa.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Fk that. D-dp buffs inc. Reign of Ragna forever. GG FC D DP starters.

It'll happen. Soon.

Those changes aren't the complete btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Indiegogo campaign: http://igg.me/at/blazbits

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BlazBlue:_Chrono_Phantasma_1.10_patch_notes

Complete patch notes for every character. (Terumi, Koko and Kagura changes are out, might just take a day to put them in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And Orim is the first person out of the running for the Chrono Phantasma Release Date Pool! That's what you get for having faith in Zen and Arc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhZg_HwdZXlFdFU2a2dzWHlTOVpaeHFFb3NwZllmMmc#gid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    And Orim is the first person out of the running for the Chrono Phantasma Release Date Pool! That's what you get for having faith in Zen and Arc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhZg_HwdZXlFdFU2a2dzWHlTOVpaeHFFb3NwZllmMmc#gid=0

January 2015 EZ money. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=288119148020699
    ArcSystemWorks USA said:

Going into Overdrive! BlazBlue: Chronophantasma lands in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand NEXT WEEK for the PlayStation Network (PS3)! Who's ready?!
    Looks like Zen United is dead.
    Their store is gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Me and Kuro should split that bike money :P

Orim wrote: »
    Me and Kuro should split that bike money :P

Kuro is actually the closest person to that release date if it holds up =P

Is it possible to even gift games on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Eh what, Zen are gone? This changes everything! I demand a recount! :pac:

I'm going to run a pool for guesses on when the game officially launches in Ireland (not when they announce a date - when it is available on store shelves). You can choose the first half or second half of any month from now until the heat death of the universe. Each half-month can only be chosen by one person, so first come first serve.

And there's actual prizes!

If you guess the correct half month of the game's release you will get a Limited Edition copy of the game. If no one guesses right I will give the closest guess a Standard Edition copy. If two people are tied for closest they can have a first to five in some game to decide a winner.

Technically I never specified Zen, but I did say Store Shelves so it is referring to physical copies, not digital. :pac:

I think it's still pretty safe to give Kuro the win if this date holds up.

Also, from the Zen BB Facebook page:
    April 16th: At the moment we haven't heard anything about Arc's plans to release Chronophantasma in Europe. If that changes, we will of course update you on that here

Ouch. Talk about being kept out of the loop. I guess Zen aren't gone, they just weren't told ArcUSA are publishing this one in EU?

NVM Sairus post didn't load until after the screen refreshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Ouch. Talk about being kept out of the loop. I guess Zen aren't gone, they just weren't told ArcUSA are publishing this one in EU?
    Until the online store is updated, Zen are selling through funstock.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I completely forgot about this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is this due out on Vita anytime?

http://blazblue.jp/bbcp_update.html

1.1 is out this Wednesday. (Japanese copies)
    Is this due out on Vita anytime?

Due out in June in America. Out now in Japan. No idea about a European release date.

https://www.facebook.com/arcsystemworksusa/posts/297054583793822

Sometime this week as well for American users. Since Europe isn't Zen United this time it should probably be sometime this week or next.

But more importantly, TK Sentinel dump and Orgia dashes.

Been messing around with the new patch this morning with a various few characters. Just going to post what I think of the changes so far.

Ragna
    Bug fixes on GH and OD Dead Spike.
    Little bit more damage in the corner. Mostly the same.

Jin
    Slight nerfs to overhead but you only lose like 300 damage midscreen and 500 in the corner. Punishable on block now. Still fast.

Azrael
    Access to TK Sentinel Dump. Allows for more options off midscreen rekka.
    OD drive special cancels allow for more damage in comeback situations but nothing huge.
    More reliable hornet bunker follow up. (low weakpoint)

He's going to be really strong simply because he got slight buffs and his bad match ups got nerfed.

Hazama
    J.C completely changed. No more loops. Means he doesn't get as much corner carry or choice as to where to put you on screen.
    Dash cancel on stance still means he has combo options without meter outside standard knockdown or knockback like before.
    Reversal Houtenjin nerfed for like the 50th time.

Tager
    Loses 5A > 5B > 5C. Can just go into 3C but no slight extension with magnetism.
    Less meter gain overall?
    Backdash always airborne. Weird for punishes.

Rachel
    Pretty much the same. Air proration changes going to hurt her but she's still really good.

Same as Azrael. Bad matchups nerfed.

Hakumen
    RIP OD.
    He's nerfed overall but will occasionally just randomly do 7K with 6 stock or so.
    Magatama gain much slower in the air.

Tsubaki
    Projective no longer a charge move. Allows for better hit confirms and not messing up punishes.
    6C worse on block.
    More consistent fatal punishes.

Taokaka
    6C slower start up (Fine in combos) and less active frames.
    Drive hitbox starts up slower.
    Backdash longer.
    Command hop slightly slower.

Valk
    Can do less off his fastest wolf overheads. Only really cannons.
    Builds less wolf guage in combos and overall. Consumes less as well. Slightly more damage across the board.
    Backdashes nerfed. (13 frames to 22) Big deal.

Mostly still intact honestly. Harder hitconfirms to keep a good control on wolf guage but he'll still be strong.

Relius

HCF B made more reliable off most hitconfirms.
    Backdash nerf (same as Valk).
    Slight proration nerfs.

Bullet
    Her normals got a lot better. 5A has a better hitbox. 2B 5C now connects. 5C charged is +1. Lets her be more creative with pressure.
    Full 720 (5K damage) is now 50 meter and 2 heat.

Much more solid character overall.

Haven't got to spend much time with other characters. Playing a fair bit of Izayoi and might do a more in depth write up later. Honest characters seem to do be doing a lot better this patch and I like that way more than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

Terumi 100 meter taunt combo too strong.

I think I can get like 5k off Izayoi taunt. Maybe more if I actually learn some Trans-am and OD stuff.
    They also took my Terumi combo out of the game. Got bodied.

Actually really liking the patch a lot more than I thought I would. Can't wait to get some games in. Saturday?

yeah definitely, fox will be there too.
    Time to relearn all the stuff again, also more Kagura.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

100 meter taunt combo, what?

It's because of his new super you can get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LtOgdCL4wOE

I tried linking the full url but it just yelled at me for being a new user.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Naphiel wrote: »
    Tager
    Loses 5A > 5B > 5C.

...I close my eyes
    Only for a moment and the moment's gone
    All my dreams
    Pass before my eyes with curiosity

Advertisement