Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Jim "Moses" Ryan all talk on 96FM this morning.:pac:

PJ couldn't get a word in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Absolutely buzzing lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How's #CorkIsGreen coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

City are gonna do it tomorrow lads . It'll be a great occasion .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City are gonna do it tomorrow lads . It'll be a great occasion .

Do you promise :)

Nerves are rising now and in my mind I'm seeing a late Dan Murray header to settle things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

gimmick wrote: »
    Do you promise :)

Nerves are rising now and in my mind I'm seeing a late Dan Murray header to settle things.

Law of averages . We haven't beaten them in 8 or 9 games . City to win 2 - 1 . Should I buy a few cans for the train or is it too early to drink ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Jersey, scarf, hat, coat....only about 12 hrs till the train....the buzz is building, Landsdowne hotel for pints me thinks and the build up to, hopefully, a good final but more importantly a win over that lot !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Law of averages . We haven't beaten them in 8 or 9 games . City to win 2 - 1 . Should I buy a few cans for the train or is it too early to drink ?

I'll be bringing 4 with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Some might end up seeing 22 men on the pitch. tongue.png

Come on City!!!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

...24 - I forgot about the ref. :D

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Worztron wrote: »
    ...24 - I forgot about the ref. :D

Eh, 23 men on the field .
    Seeing double would make that 46.

Eh, 23 men on the field .
    Seeing double would make that 46.

Doh! I was thinking of 1 team. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Worztron wrote: »
    Doh! I was thinking of 1 team. :pac:

Over excited!

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Could have went either way. Poor game.

No it couldn't have. We played for penalties from the off. We were awful yesterday. Dundalks keeper didn't have a single save to make.

What really boiled my blood was the freekick at the death. All day we had no luck with floated balls into the box. So what did Healy do? He facking floated one into the box. And what happened? Just put the laces through it low. Maybe a deflection or something. Instead nothing.

Better team won. We didn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tactics and game plan were a disgrace. 90 mins of lumping the ball into the box didn't work so I don't know why he thought employing the same tactic with Murray was going to work.
    Sitting back and playing for penalties against a side that has the width, guile and pace to punish you was brainless stuff.

I have no problem Dundalk winning, they were poor but are a proper side and deserves all the praise and accolades.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

that was my third time seeing Dundalk and City this year and it was the worst I have seen Dundalk play yet they still had more than enough to win it.
    City were very disappointing and unless Dundalk lose a few players to England it will be a similar story next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

John Caulfield football = Trappatoni football.

Great to see Steven Beattie has signed a two year contract and Mark O Sullivan has also signed a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Both Billy and Darren gone to Pats not good news two very good players will be missed hope Billy doesent bang in too many for them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

hman231 wrote: »
    Both Billy and Darren gone to Pats not good news two very good players will be missed hope Billy doesent bang in too many for them

Really? Darren maybe, but I couldn't be happier to see the back of Billy, especially now that Beattie has signed a new deal with us.

Billy was a plague on the dressing room. Delighted he is gone. We are building a nice squad of players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Billy was a plague on the dressing room. Delighted he is gone. We are building a nice squad of players.

I still don't really expect things to change much, but maybe I'm just being pessimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Billy was always going so good to be gotten rid of him at this stage. Was hoping to keep onto Darren but alas he follows his older brother. Word from a current u19 player a few months ago, he said that the two of them are really really close, like way too much even for brothers. Crap attitude aswell, especially from Billy. Time to move on its Pats problem now.

Good luck to Dan Murray who has announced his retirement, it was a joy to witness the "Murray Turn" during his stints in midfield last season.

Both Dennehys were very very good last two years pats will do well with them

Cork City win the u19 league again well done to them

From a goal down they won 2-1, think that's 4 in a row, great to see the furture so bright!!

• Advertisement

Fair play to a very successful management team. It does concern me how few players actually make it to the first team though.

Since 2010
    Brian Lenihan
    John Kavanagh
    Garry Buckley

Only those 3 I would consider hits. The likes of Stephen Kenny and Rob Lehane I hoped would push on but did not happen.

Advertisement