Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

gadetra wrote: »
    Crap. I thought today was Sunday :o:o Great effort though, they race for 3 different teams and would have had limited time to practice as a trio over the year-I don't think I seen the 3 practice together this year (but I have been out the last month.) The American's were in another league, fantastic time.

They had a better qualifying time than the Americans. Hard luck on the medals, was still a great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Just spent ages creating TT and Sprint segments on Strava for my auld fella.

He does enjoy his Strava and segments. Sadly, where he is, there aren't many.

There are now!

Bought new bike too. 3/4 weeks of checking a bike that was long sold off on Canyon finally paid off.

I'm very persistent.

Where is he and more importantly these rarely cycled segments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Just spent ages creating TT and Sprint segments on Strava for my auld fella.

He does enjoy his Strava and segments. Sadly, where he is, there aren't many.

There are now!

Bought new bike too. 3/4 weeks of checking a bike that was long sold off on Canyon finally paid off.

I'm very persistent.

First rule of new Strava segments.

Never talk about new Strava segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

So does this mean the Gards are actually now watching out for bike thieves?
    nzf7s1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    So does this mean the Gards are actually now watching out for bike thieves?
    nzf7s1.jpg

Once the thief has got over the mind games at play, surely that's a signal that the Garda will not be monitoring the location.

(Indeed, why would they even need to lock the bike?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Come on now, would be absolutely hilarious if someone stole that bike.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

el tel wrote: »
    In the A4 cat there is a single person at the top, with 10 points, which equates to an upgrade to A3.

Can it be assumed that the sole rider on the final list with 10 points started at 0 at the beginning of the year and reached 10 at the conclusion of the season, with nobody else managing to do the same?

Or, if someone else managed to get 10+ points before the end of the season they were bumped onto the A3 list and so don't get an appearance on the A4 rankings for the year?

He got to 10 points at the Laragh Classic, the last A4 road race of the season (to my knowledge) and therefore happens to sit on the top of the rankings at the end of the season. There were plenty of A4s who got to 10 points (and beyond) and were upgraded to A3.

buffalo wrote: »
    He got to 10 points at the Laragh Classic, the last A4 road race of the season (to my knowledge) and therefore happens to sit on the top of the rankings at the end of the season. There were plenty of A4s who got to 10 points (and beyond) and were upgraded to A3.

This is what I thought, thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

el tel wrote: »
    Once the thief has got over the mind games at play, surely that's a signal that the Garda will not be monitoring the location.

(Indeed, why would they even need to lock the bike?)

Why indeed? They're taking up a scarce commodity - a bike parking space. Wouldn't a regular sign have done the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Why indeed? They're taking up a scarce commodity - a bike parking space. Wouldn't a regular sign have done the job?

Tell me about it! All those stupid black bollards when bike racks could have done the same thing re anti parking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. FFS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Raam wrote: »
    You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. FFS.

Can't please all the people all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Where is he and more importantly these rarely cycled segments?
    Zyzz wrote: »
    First rule of new Strava segments.

Never talk about new Strava segments.

Didn't know the rule :/

They are actually in the arse end of Tyrone and a few near Kilkeel near Warrenpoint, so I don't think anyone bar Inquitus(?) is ever going to be near them.

They are more like "personal segments" to add that little extra to his spins.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Kilkeel near Warrenpoint
    Near Warrenpoint eh? Strava records are there to be broken, and I have a habit of breaking things in that vicinity .....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Beasty wrote: »
    Near Warrenpoint eh? Strava records are there to be broken, and I have a habit of breaking things in that vicinity .....

Did you have a crash??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

seany15 wrote: »
    Did you have a crash??
    Just a little one:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Dumped in our capark.
    20141007_223524.jpg

Why couldn't this have happened back when I had free time?

^^^^

Set up for TTs with the saddle forward like that. Handy to have.

Beasty wrote: »
    Orla Hendron (Orwell Wheelers) took gold in the World Track Masters 50-54 pursuit today

Fantastic result - well done Orla!!

EDIT: Just seen Susie Mitchell (Sundrive) took bronze in the 35-39 age group as well.
    And Orla picks up another medal tonight - she took silver in the scratch race

Susie just missed out with 4th place in her age category

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

^^^^

Set up for TTs with the saddle forward like that. Handy to have.
    But non UCI compliant alas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Reading through some threads on here and the amount of people who don't use PUNCTURE and FOOTPATH in the correct form is infuriating! Is it just me or does this annoy anybody else?

Craig06 wrote: »
    Reading through some threads on here and the amount of people who don't use PUNCTURE and FOOTPATH in the correct form is infuriating! Is it just me or does this annoy anybody else?

It's "footpad".

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It's "footpad".

And Punture

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/punture

RobFowl wrote: »

Pricks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There's a movie on Film 4,tonight at 9.00pm. "Downfall" is the name of it. I think Pat McQuaid is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    There's a movie on Film 4,tonight at 9.00pm. "Downfall" is the name of it. I think Pat McQuaid is in it.

Brillint, brilliant film. Somebody posted a clip from it up here not long ago but I can't find it:(. I don't remember McQuaid in it, though, which one was he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement