Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

wow A+++++

*and all the retired collectors lived on rainbow islands,minding their treasures and reminiscing about the old days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The Mega Drive text on the side looks very odd, but I see it's made my tec-toy so that probably has something to do with it. Very nice anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well I was buying up those original ps1 analog pads because they go for cheap when people don't know what they are, but sell for a bit when people know what they are
    Aw man, that's not cool. You're just buying up stuff to sell on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fidelis wrote: »
    Aw man, that's not cool. You're just buying up stuff to sell on again?

? I didn't mention selling them at all. You totally misread my post :P

I said you can pick them up cheap. But when people know what they are they try and sell them for more as they're rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm fairly jelous of the duke nuckem, was it a steal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

? I didn't mention selling them at all. You totally misread my post :P
    My apologies! :D

Master of the Universe

I'm fairly jelous of the duke nuckem, was it a steal?

Well I'll give you a comparison.

It never ever EVER comes up on ebay for sale. There was one copy about six months ago I think it was. Buy it now of €100. Someone else bought it while I was trying to make up my mind.

This copy was €45 buy it now :D was so cheap because it came from Brazil. Found it on ebay global -

http://global.ebay.com/search
    Fidelis wrote: »
    My apologies! :D

No worries! :P

I always get things at great prices but could never sell them on for more than I paid. I'd feel too bad.

Although, if you're interested in paying €5000 for a Sonic Crackers proto, give me a shout... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Bought one of those ps1 non-dual shock analogue controllers when they came out, was a total impulse buy. Then remember seeing the dual-shock a few weeks later and thinking 'f***ing typical'...happy with my impulse buy now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Thought I'd throw up a few of my latest purchases:

Taiwan.jpg

Couple of Taiwan pirate 2600 PAL games: Bobby is going home, Enduro, Boxing and Football. Happy just to have a few in the collection.

6.jpg

Nothing overly special here, but a few I've been looking to get for a while, Double Dragon, M*A*S*H, Star Raiders (Plus Keypad), Motorodeo Jungle Hunt and Desert Falcon. Picked up Motorodeo and Double Dragon in a bundle with another 7800 with another copy of Mario Bros.

More to bring home from work, will throw up more pics soon!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Expensive compared to your average Megadrive game, but not bad considering what some people want for it. Was 36 euro for a complete copy. Postage from Australia brought it up to a little over 40 euro.

Ebay Australia is your best bet for rarer PAL Megadrive games as the AUS dollar is pretty worthless in comparison to the Euro. Get a great transfer rate.

I paid a whole British penny for Super Street Fighter Special Champion Edition as well as a penny each for Bart vs. Space Mutants and Sonic 3.

...all in Gamestation in the UK of course.

• Advertisement

Metal Gear Solid Graphic Novel for €2! This is bound to be a collectible rarity in years to come. Now doubt it won't now that I have it lol!

Are you old enough to have played them when they were originally out? Or do you want them for some other talismanic reason? I do just wonder about the retro gaming thing and is some of it just nostalgia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Are you old enough to have played them when they were originally out? Or do you want them for some other talismanic reason? I do just wonder about the retro gaming thing and is some of it just nostalgia...

some do it for nostalgia reasons,other for goal reasons,others just for pure hype,instance owning a certain value game doesnt really get you anywhere,its not going to get you into a pub or club free,most likely you come across someone who wouldn't know how importance of a certain game,i guess its like a music or record collection,trying to fill a gap,sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is if you want a certain high value game,no ifs and buts about the expensive of it,just buy it,instance i doubt anyone would sell their most expensive game at below cost price to which they paid for it.

now history repeats itself in many instances,i.e some might shriek or ignore the thaught of emulation but would not heistate downloading the game to their latest console to play it on.

Couple of Double Enders, and Dream Flight(Nightmare Pirate):

Dender.jpg

Picked up a new Homebrew this week, here's all four I have now:

Thrust+ and Lady Bug
    Hb1.jpg

Gunfight and Reindeer Rescue
    Hb2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some very nice Atari games there.
    My pride and joys in that dept are Defender II, awesome to play with two sticks, and the equally brilliant Ms Pacman.
    Not that rare, either of them, but a whole lot of fun to play!

Oh, and got a lovely Neogeo AES stick from Atariman, thank you very much, feels awesome to play Pulstar, Last Blade 2 and Neo Drift Out now!

Cheers CiDeR, hope to get these two old Nes' back up and running soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Metal Gear Solid 3 and NFS Most Wanted in today's post. So I now have 101 PS2 Games!

Augmerson wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 3 and NFS Most Wanted in today's post. So I now have 101 PS2 Games!
    Subsistence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Subsistence?

Ah no, it's Snake Eater.

• Advertisement

The third one is a fantastic game. There's two problems I had with it though :
    1) the camo index just seemed so uninteresting after you've played the Splinter Cell games with the light/sound meter
    2) the bloody camera!

At first play I just ran through Snake Eater and didn't bother going back to it until a couple of years later. The thing with camuflage is still annoying - going into the menu everytime you're lying on a different surface! - and the camera issue never goes away.

They should've done right by the game and recalled it and given everyone a free Subsistence ie. the first disc with the game on it that had the proper camera.

It's probably the best of the four I think storywise.

Augmerson wrote: »

Most wanted is an awesome game! Enjoy :D

I need to get subsistence.

I think a complete copy of Megaman the Wily Wars just slipped through my fingers yet again :(

Think i need some help finding this one!

Master of the Universe

How much did this one go for as a matter of interest?

There was someone on Sega-16 selling a copy. wanted about 150 dollars though..thought he'd offer it there before going on ebay to try and sell it for more. The cheek!

It was that one, haha, He tried to sell it for 200 a while back and i offered him 130, offered him the 150 for it this time ( just because, f3ck it! I want that game ).

He said in the thread that it has been sold but hasnt let me know in a PM yet so i assume that its not mine.

I kinda thought that you would have known about it, didnt want to tell you I was going to pay $150 for it :(

Master of the Universe

you offered him the 150? woah! You must really want it! :P

Have you tried setting ebay up so it alerts you every time the game is listed? Might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement

Ah i had money in my paypal so i said **** it, kinda glad i didnt get it now though.

Ah i check ebay pretty frequently for it, only after seeing one in the UK and one in France today, think they might have been the same copy though :S

Master of the Universe

Check out what I just found in my photobucket account ;)

DSC_0221-1.jpg

DSC_0222-1.jpg

Ah o1s1n don't be mean :P

Master of the Universe

Ah not at all, I'm just letting him see how nice the artwork looks.

(teeheehee)

Ah not at all, I'm just letting him see how nice the artwork looks.

(teeheehee)

>=O

*Gives Jack sweets*

*Sticks tongue out at o1s1n*

• Advertisement

yeah i got liquorice bon bons now so who needs Mega man!

Got Conker: Live & Reloaded for the Xbox today :)

I really want to get that! how much does it go for?

I dunno, spotted it in Cash Converters and grabbed it for €5.99

A quick ebay search tells me any where from €14 up (buy it now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just got these from ebay today :)

E97306F2060648CD964F6E9E79986ADA-800.jpg

Just got these from the costumeshop.ie today

2C691D2632EA46E3BE2E00B64AADDF92-800.jpg

Look how happy I am......

68EE95058A7F43F1B1EA9A77BCB349E1-800.jpg

Well, I promise I'm smiling underneat :p

_

Got Conker: Live & Reloaded for the Xbox today :)

I got Bad Fur Day for I think €4 in a charity shop in town ie. Dublin before.
    I dunno, spotted it in Cash Converters and grabbed it for €5.99

A quick ebay search tells me any where from €14 up (buy it now).

Lets hope you don't try and continue the trend of ripping off other retro gamers by selling it on at that price! :):p

€6 seems standard for Cash Converter Xbox games. Not great but not the worst I suppose though you wonder who outside of us is buying them?
    Tallon wrote: »
    Just got these from ebay today :)

E97306F2060648CD964F6E9E79986ADA-800.jpg

Just got these from the costumeshop.ie today

Look how happy I am......

Well, I promise I'm smiling underneat :p

_

I hope you didn't pay much for them!

I've seen them for sale at about £3 in Gamestation in England.

Just got a complete Gunstar Heroes for €20

happy enough with the price aswell, wanted this for a while now

I hope you didn't pay much for them!

I've seen them for sale at about £3 in Gamestation in England.

Came to about €11

I got Bad Fur Day for I think €4 in a charity shop in town ie. Dublin before.

Lets hope you don't try and continue the trend of ripping off other retro gamers by selling it on at that price! :):p

Nice one! Nah, I very rarely if ever sell on anything :P

Ah well yes of course you can get it cheaper by bidding, but I was just quoting buy it now prices as bid prices differ.
    Just got a complete Gunstar Heroes for €20

happy enough with the price aswell, wanted this for a while now

And right about now is when retr0 will arrive. :P

Awesome game, Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement

And right about now is when retr0 will arrive. :P

Awesome game, Enjoy! :D

and the fela threw in Gex and Soul reaer for the ps1 caus he knew i was looking for them haha

legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Mortal kombat for the mega cd and slam city for the 32x!

Warren3 wrote: »
    Got Mortal kombat for the mega cd and slam city for the 32x!

I'd like to get the Mk games for the mega cd myself

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I'd like to get the Mk games for the mega cd myself

I have been looking for it for a while myself but it has always been to much money!

Got this complete for £10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Hey O1S1N and Atavan, I finally found my old consoles in a box in the attic if you are still interested in trading for a gameboy.

Master of the Universe

Hey O1S1N and Atavan, I finally found my old consoles in a box in the attic if you are still interested in trading for a gameboy.

Yep yep yep!

Sí senor!

anything nice there that the lads dont have their names on?

I would love an original Gameboy if anyones has one...

Also, I have two of those GB magnifing glasses with the lights if anyones interested!

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Alien Trilogy what a game, everybody hated bar I think me and my brother it has a excellent CD audio soundtrack that I listen to every so often.
    Saturn or PS1?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement