Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options
  • 28-09-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I can't believe I'm starting this thread! :eek:

Very early days, but I did two pregnancy tests this morning, and both were very faintly positive! I make it that I'd be due maybe mid-June, but it's hard to know as I never had a period since coming off the pill.

Hoping for a healthy nine months ahead, although I'm already starting to feel nauseous, which won't be easy with a toddler running around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Just popping in to say congrats!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I'm just 5 weeks so due the 1st of June. Have had 2 miscarriages this year so praying it's third time lucky for us. No symptoms except peeing a lot. Last 2 times my boobs were extremely sore but they're normal at the minute. Trying not to read into these things too much (impossible I know). After last miscarriage EPU said they would scan me early when pregnant again so hoping I can get an early scan around 7-8wks and get some reassurance. Have never seen a heartbeat. Was only scanned when things had gone wrong. So here's hoping all goes ok over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Fingers cross I'll be joining you, but having no luck ttc #2. Have to stop next month due to course agreement but only for few months ;) few days and I'll know

Looking for reassurance. I've a longer cycle but I'm nearly certain I'm 6wks1day. Did another test this morning (to bring to doc this evening) and weeks indicator says 2-3weeks. Ideally it should say 3+weeks. Has anyone else had this? With 2 miscarriages already this year I can't help but panic. Still have no symptoms except peeing more than normal. On last 2 miscarriages my boobs were extremely sore this time they're fine. Trying to tell myself different is good. Early scan in 2 weeks seems like ages away at the min.

Anyone else take a while for weeks indicator to show 3+?? Please reassure me this is normal.

Anyone else take a while for weeks indicator to show 3+?? Please reassure me this is normal.

Hi hazelnut,
    I didn't use those tests but I know in the group I'm in lots of ladies did and the number of weeks was often slow to change even though all was going well.

Would you consider an early scan for some reassurance?

• Advertisement

I have one booked in the EPU in 2 weeks time. Fingers crossed all ok.

Damn these digital tests, don't they know how vulnerable and neurotic we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 octopus lady

Looking for reassurance. I've a longer cycle but I'm nearly certain I'm 6wks1day. Did another test this morning (to bring to doc this evening) and weeks indicator says 2-3weeks. Ideally it should say 3+weeks. Has anyone else had this? With 2 miscarriages already this year I can't help but panic. Still have no symptoms except peeing more than normal. On last 2 miscarriages my boobs were extremely sore this time they're fine. Trying to tell myself different is good. Early scan in 2 weeks seems like ages away at the min.

I really wouldn't be overly concerned about it. The number of weeks are based on your HGC levels, which are different in every woman and in every pregnancy. They can vary a lot within a healthy range.

However I would explain to the doctor this evening your concerns, and let her know just how anxious you are, especially given your history. Ask her to take bloods this evening, and again in 48 hours. So long as they're doubling (or not far off it), all will hopefully be well!

And I know from experience how long two weeks can feel in pregnancy, even if it doesn't seem that long at all to the medical professionals! So really push for the blood tests, even if she doesn't feel it's necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 octopus lady

By the way, my early positive tests ended up coming to nothing. :( I knew I was being a bit overly optimistic starting this thread! My period arrived a few days later. I hadn't even been to the GP, I'm not sure how far on I was, but it was extremely early days. I've accepted it and will keep trying!

By the way, my early positive tests ended up coming to nothing. :( I knew I was being a bit overly optimistic starting this thread! My period arrived a few days later. I hadn't even been to the GP, I'm not sure how far on I was, but it was extremely early days. I've accepted it and will keep trying!

Sorry to hear that octopus lady. Sending you a virtual hug, be kind to yourself xx

So sorry to hear that. I know how awful it feels. Hope you are OK. Thanks for your response. Doc was reluctant to blood tests the last 2 times but I will ask him again this evening. I'm trying to be as positive as possible this time around. Praying it's third time lucky for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi everyone, I'm 4 weeks pregnant on Sunday. Due June 19th !!! Very excited. This is baby number 2, I have a 14 month old boy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Got a BFP (x) this morning. Will also be due in June- mid to late. I have a little girl who has just gone one year.
    Scared to get my hopes up as I had a miscarriage in July but hoping this little one sticks around.

Very sorry to hear that :-( Hope you are ok xx

Got a BFP (x) this morning. Will also be due in June- mid to late. I have a little girl who has just gone one year.
    Scared to get my hopes up as I had a miscarriage in July but hoping this little one sticks around.

That's great penny. I think we both miscarried around the same time. Here's hoping these ones stick.

That's great penny. I think we both miscarried around the same time. Here's hoping these ones stick.

That's for sure. Must have a PMA.

My boobs are killing me already though.

That's for sure. Must have a PMA.

My boobs are killing me already though.

My boobs really hurt in last 2 pregnancies both of which ended in miscarriage. However this time, they don't hurt at all. I'm trying to tell myself that different is good. Apart from being a bit tired and peeing more often I've no symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats girls :)

Suppose I can hop on board too. Edd 10th June ish, around 5 weeks pregnant on number 2, my little girl was two in April.

Been trying for over a year so we are both in shock! I'd been in tears for about a week before I tested so I think my husband knew something was up! Very nervous but hoping all will be ok.

My boobs are achey on and off but nothing terrible. Am super tired though and cramps are killing me. I was the same with number 1 though so trying to ignore them!

My boobs really hurt in last 2 pregnancies both of which ended in miscarriage. However this time, they don't hurt at all. I'm trying to tell myself that different is good. Apart from being a bit tired and peeing more often I've no symptoms.

It's funny the things you look for and hope to avoid after a MC isn't it? I have damn all symptoms last time and sadly it ended with an early MC.
    Now I'm delighted to have the same symptoms as I had when I was pregnant the first time as that pregnancy went like a dream.
    Digs wrote: »
    Congrats girls :)

Suppose I can hop on board too. Edd 10th June ish, around 5 weeks pregnant on number 2, my little girl was two in April.

Been trying for over a year so we are both in shock! I'd been in tears for about a week before I tested so I think my husband knew something was up! Very nervous but hoping all will be ok.

My boobs are achey on and off but nothing terrible. Am super tired though and cramps are killing me. I was the same with number 1 though so trying to ignore them!

Congratulations. Hoping for a brilliant 9 months for all of us.

Absolutely penny, looking forward to whining about swollen fingers and ankles with ye all :D

What are you guys doing re hospital care. Are you going public, semi private or private ? I went public in The Rotunda with my lb in July 2014. I 99% sure I'm gonna go semi private this time. Public was fine actually but I feel like I want to spoil myself this time !! Not even sure if it will make that much difference, maybe shorter waiting times at clinic and a smaller room post delivery ?

Anyone gone semi private before ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Looks like I'm joining this group , baby no 2 due mid June. Not sure of dates cause cycle been between 23-33. My periods isn't due until Tuesday but I felt I ovulate early, got BFP this arm. Here to health pregnacies to us all :)

Congrats aveen!

Shivers I went public with holles street in April 2013 and had a brilliant experience. Was wondering like you if I should change to semi this time but I don't think I will. I want to do midwife led care and leave hospital early after the birth so there's no point in me changing. That's on the back of a text book birth and recovery last time, things mightn't go so well again!

I would originally have liked to try the domino scheme but I work right beside holles street so again no point!

Hi Digs and congratulations :-)

I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy in 2014 and also an emergency c section ! I am at very high risk of getting diabetes again which means extra hospital appointments and I'm wouldn't be allowed be midwife led. Also I will haveto bring my lb to some appointments so I'm HOPING that going semiprivate I might not haveto wait as long !? Oh and also I had to stay in 4 days after my section in a 12 bedded. I literally did not sleep a wink eventhough my lb was a great sleeper.

... Anyway these are my reasons for considering semi private :-) Feck it I've just convinced myself fully now :-)

I opted for semi private in the Coombe with my daughter. The pregnancy was fine and I wasn't waiting overly long for my appointments either.
    I was in a 4 bed ward for a week after delivery and it almost drove me nuts. It was perfectly clean and all that stuff so it wasn't that but the noise that got to me. I cant imagine what it would be like in a larger ward.

After delivery I had some issues that weren't resolved quickly enough and if I'd been private and seen a consultant immediately they would have been.

On my pregnancy that ended in miscarriage I'd opted for private cover and for the short time I needed it I was delighted with it. Also how the MC was dealt with was superb and I was very impressed with that.

This time around I'm going to go private too and pick the same consultant again.

Public in the Coombe for us. Haven't even thought about what the wards would be like. Very much taking every day as it comes at the moment considering our history. First big date for us is early scan in the EPU Tuesday week. Praying all looks good.

Couldn't fault the Coombe in how they dealt with previous miscarriages. Nurses in the EPU are brilliant. They have a very tough job.

Public in the Coombe for us. Haven't even thought about what the wards would be like. Very much taking every day as it comes at the moment considering our history. First big date for us is early scan in the EPU Tuesday week. Praying all looks good.

Couldn't fault the Coombe in how they dealt with previous miscarriages. Nurses in the EPU are brilliant. They have a very tough job.

Yes, while happy that I'm pregnant again I am still taking it all one step at a time. The 12 week scan with good news (fingers crossed) will be my big moment.
    I'm going to call my consultant tomorrow to book in with her for an early scan too.

I found the Coombe great when going through the MC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 June2016baby

Congrats all. I am due around the 19th. Did a test this morning. Will go to the doc on Tuesday to confirm. Have all the symptoms - nausea, tired and sore breasts :). This is baby number 2. Number 1 is almost 2.

Shivers I know one or two girls in work have gone semi private recently and they have commented queues for appointments definitely more relaxed etc which would be worth its weight in gold if you've a little one to bring.

I booked in online with holles street yesterday. Last time round I went to the gp who sent a letter but they've obviously changed their booking in system since 2013! Does anyone know if you actually have to go to the gp?

Digs wrote: »
    Shivers I know one or two girls in work have gone semi private recently and they have commented queues for appointments definitely more relaxed etc which would be worth its weight in gold if you've a little one to bring.

I booked in online with holles street yesterday. Last time round I went to the gp who sent a letter but they've obviously changed their booking in system since 2013! Does anyone know if you actually have to go to the gp?

Thanks Digs, I booked into Rotunda semi private :-) Scan December 7th all going well. Im not sure about the GP tbh ! I might wait till after my hospital appointment to go ? She didn't really do a whole lot the last time I went at 6 weeks.

• Advertisement

shivers27 wrote: »
    Thanks Digs, I booked into Rotunda semi private :-) Scan December 7th all going well. Im not sure about the GP tbh ! I might wait till after my hospital appointment to go ? She didn't really do a whole lot the last time I went at 6 weeks.

On my first pregnancy I went to my GP to get referred to the hospital and discuss the type of care I'd go for. I opted for semi private and shared care.
    I saw the nurse each and every time I went to the GPs surgery and that was fine.
    On my last pregnancy I went to the GP again because I thought you had to but there was no need at all. I was going for fully private cover and there was nothing he needed to do.

This time around I haven't even been in touch with the GP and don't really intend to until I have to go back for an existing appointment at the start of December and I'll be almost 12 weeks then.

I called the consultant I'll be attending this morning (when you go private you self refer - in the Coombe at least) and because of the MC last time she will want to see me at 7 weeks for an early scan so I'll be in to see her last week in Oct/ first week in Nov.

Very excited about it now. :)

Advertisement