Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Happy birthday Wellyd, cake is compulsory on such occasions. It would be a shame to be rude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks everyone! Cake was definitively compulsory yesterday alright! I spent from my birthday last year to my birthday yesterday happy because of the change in my diet and lifestyle so instead of dreading 27 and being in the late 20s age bracket I'm looking forward to it. I spent my early 20s depressed and locked away from everyone, now I'm enjoying life to the full! Here's hoping between now and my next birthday that I can continue with my slimming world journey and making myself an even happier person. Thanks as always for all the support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

ameliams wrote: »
    Up .5. Not had a single slip all week. Loads of veg. Loads of protein. Used my syns but didn't go overboard.

I've been the same weight for 6 weeks now so I think I'll take a break from group for awhile and weigh myself at home.

So sorry to read your news, I know exactly how you feel and I have been there so many times lately, it really can be soul destroying, I hope the scales move for you soon, sending you big hugs xxx
    leelee77 wrote: »
    Had my weigh in yesterday. Lost 1 5lbs so I'm now a target member. I'm .5 under target and also collected my 1 1/2 stone award. I'm thrilled

Congratulations! That is fantastic, double celebration :D

Happy Birthday Wellyd :) Hope you had a great time. I went out with some friends for some food & drinks yesterday, too many syns but hey ho, back on plan today and going to my Parents for dinner.. looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

How's the week starting off for everybody? I seem to have lost my appetite for some unknown reason, so far today I've had a banana for breakfast and a yogurt for lunch, just couldn't bring myself to eat anymore! Have a smoked bacon and veg casserole in the oven so hopefully I'll want that later or I'll be rightly sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

How's the week starting off for everybody? I seem to have lost my appetite for some unknown reason, so far today I've had a banana for breakfast and a yogurt for lunch, just couldn't bring myself to eat anymore! Have a smoked bacon and veg casserole in the oven so hopefully I'll want that later or I'll be rightly sickened

Disastrously ! I had a great week last week but am dreading my weigh in tomorrow! :( it was a crazy week we won tickets to the toy show had dinner out had wine there and everything . And everyone we knew called over with biscuits etc ! I may start fresh again tomorrow me thinks :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Same as StillThinking. Very poor appetite yesterday and today. Think I might be coming down with something! I've made SW chips, Mallons sausages and speedy kale and asparagus for tea in an effort to kick start my appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Can someone explain the mince situation with me? I'm having a debate online but can't word my point! This woman is saying I just buy the 20% mince and drain the fat so it's ok. I'm trying to tell her that even with draining the fat off, there is still actual fat in the mince. Am I right of wrong? Thanks x

Same as StillThinking. Very poor appetite yesterday and today. Think I might be coming down with something! I've made SW chips, Mallons sausages and speedy kale and asparagus for tea in an effort to kick start my appetite.

I don't have time to be sick this week so better not be coming down with anything! Got a bit better later in the day but only thing I want to eat is fruit, just been munching in grapes and pears all evening, better than chocolate and crisps I suppose.
    I've got mallons sausages with boxty for tomorrows dinner, definitely one of my favourites

ja1986 wrote:
    Can someone explain the mince situation with me? I'm having a debate online but can't word my point! This woman is saying I just buy the 20% mince and drain the fat so it's ok. I'm trying to tell her that even with draining the fat off, there is still actual fat in the mince. Am I right of wrong? Thanks x

You are right, for sure. Even after draining some fat will remain. Tell her good mince is better value too, you're not paying for extra weight of fat that you'll only pour off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ja1986 wrote: »

Wow

I bet this person wonders some weeks how things went wrong when they did everything right too.

As dee_mc says, you can't drain all the fat from mince. You can drain some but you're supposed to do this with the 5% mince too

(ps down 3 last night. continuing to be the lowest I've been in my adult life)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Haven't posted in a while I'm going into 7th week now, down 11.5, I'd love to get my stone award Thursday but 2.5lbs seems like a mountain to climb lol

20% mince and drain it, no just no it doesn't work like that !!

1st weigh in after getting to target happens tomorrow :o

I am getting to the stage now that I am feeling very bored of eating fruit, does anyone have snack ideas, really feel that I need to switch things up to stop me falling by the wayside... my consultant told me not to use the 2nd healthy B yet if I want to lose another lb or 2 but really need to have some lunch ideas that I can take to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Well I had my weight in yesterday. I had posted here already about dreading it as I had a crazy crazy week laSt week so was happy I had only gained 1 lb. :) never so happy to see a single lb in my life lol. Back on track now this week to see a good weight loss next week hopefully !

I haven't had a takeaway since I joined SW (which is nearly 13 months ago now) and I know I have to stay away from pizzas because of the massive syns :(:( but I guess I am leaning towards a chinese... I do miss having my usual sweet & sour chicken in batter (but that is so high in syns), maybe I will consider a blackbean chicken or beef with boiled rice and not sure which of the starters would be too high :o

Sometimes it would be nice to break away from the plan as I have been so strict up to this point.

Vahevala wrote:
    I am getting to the stage now that I am feeling very bored of eating fruit, does anyone have snack ideas, really feel that I need to switch things up to stop me falling by the wayside...

I could do with some help here too, if I eat any more pears I'm in danger of turning into one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my weigh in on Monday and lost 2lbs! Was delighted as I'm now 2 pounds away from my final target and 3 stone cert! Was out yesterday seeing family for my daughters birthday and all I got was compliments, my daughter was miffed as I got more attention than her!!

Went shopping and got some lovely, non loose/baggy clothes!

Vahevala the blackbean is lovely, I get chilli added to it to give it a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

My lovely belated birthday present came today and it was an enormous gain. I don't think I can actually even type how much. But to make matters worse the consultant that's normally there was away. So there was a sub consultant who announced my huge gain to everyone there. The normal consultant would usually say you've had a gain but never ever announce to everyone what it was unless you volunteer the information. I feel mortified. I really don't want to come back ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Wellyd wrote: »
    My lovely belated birthday present came today and it was an enormous gain. I don't think I can actually even type how much. But to make matters worse the consultant that's normally there was away. So there was a sub consultant who announced my huge gain to everyone there. The normal consultant would usually say you've had a gain but never ever announce to everyone what it was unless you volunteer the information. I feel mortified. I really don't want to come back ever again.

Ah jesus, that is so inappropriate! :( Definitely make a complaint about that.

Don't let it put you off coming back though. Think about it, how often do you remember how much others have gained or lost the previous week? If anything, the others there probably just felt very sympathetic for you because of her being such a cow! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Wellyd wrote: »

Wellyd that's awful. Some of the consultants can be quite blunt, I know some of the stand ins I've seen can be like that especially. Don't feel too bad! It was my birthday yesterday and tbh I've taken this week off SW :o Cake all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down half a lb. Delighted as I had a hen party at the weekend and ate and drank all round me!!
    I didn't go last week but I'm down 3 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm chipping away and have has a loss each week I've went, even if it is only half lb. I'd be happy if I kept getting a loss no matter how small each week.
    My main goal is my wedding next August so all those half lbs will add up.

• Advertisement

I had a hen weekend too and have been only sort of on plan since... I'd say I'm up a couple of pounds but I'm happy enough! Weighing tomorrow morning.
    A friend of mine is about to join and she wants to take aloe vera juice to help with some digestive issues she has, does anyone else here take it or know if it contains syns?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I went back to sw last week after been off for 2 weeks. In these 2 weeks my eating went really bad. I was just finishing a course and trying to get projects done. I also was dealing with some personal issues.
    I went back last week and had a big gain. This week I was down 2.5 lbs. Tomorrow will be a manic day but after this I plan to have a good sw plan going up to Christmas day.
    I will see what Christmas brings and plan after this. I plan to have 2 relaxing days and get back on plan after this.

Up 1.5!
    Happy enough with that, could be so much worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Hi all,

First time posting here but I've been doing SW for a while now. So I went last week and was 2lb off my first stone. I was determined to get it this week but then came different things and going out for food etc. Went yesterday and was up 3.5lb!! :eek: :o It was actually my first gain since I joined SW which I'm pretty happy about but the thoughts of getting 3.5lb off again is unsettling. I knew I would be up but you know when you weren't expecting that much? I've been off work the last week too so I wasn't getting any of my exercise that I would normally do which probably played a part in the gain.

Plan for this week;
    Eat (a lot) better, although I'm out for lunch tomorrow. I'll have to make a good decision on what to have
    Get in a walk each day (even 30 minutes!)
    Drink plenty and plenty of water.
    NO MORE FREDDO BARS! :p :pac:

Other than my lunch tomorrow and going out on Saturday night (where I will probably have one drink maybe two), I'm determined this week. Not sure if I'll get the 3.5lb back off by next week but fingers crossed something comes off next week.

Vahevala wrote: »
    I haven't had a takeaway since I joined SW (which is nearly 13 months ago now) and I know I have to stay away from pizzas because of the massive syns :(:( but I guess I am leaning towards a chinese... I do miss having my usual sweet & sour chicken in batter (but that is so high in syns), maybe I will consider a blackbean chicken or beef with boiled rice and not sure which of the starters would be too high :o

Sometimes it would be nice to break away from the plan as I have been so strict up to this point.

Have you gotten the fakeaway cook book? I recently bought it and there are a lot of recipes in it for the favourite takeway foods that everyone loves. Ask you consultant about it and see if they have a copy that you can have a browse and if there would be things you’d love to make from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you gotten the fakeaway cook book? I recently bought it and there are a lot of recipes in it for the favourite takeway foods that everyone loves. Ask you consultant about it and see if they have a copy that you can have a browse and if there would be things you’d love to make from it.

I don't know about anyone else but for me a takeaway is a break from cooking/eating my own cooking and a welcome treat. Well worth the 5 syns for me!

Maintained today for the first time since I started slimming world, only had either a loss or a gain. Pretty happy with that as not been eating right, no appetite one day, starved the next. Aiming for a loss again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

All the recipes are available on the slimming world site too (the members one).

But as has been said, sometimes a take away is more about getting in at 9.30 and have nothing prepared and sometimes its just because you want a bit of naughtiness to eat. Can't beat chipper chips with fish followed by 4 mandarins and an apple for speed :D

Weighed in tonight and I lost 1lb and I finally got my 6 stone award with SW!!! I am now 2 lbs under target weight, I feel so chuffed!

It is weird for me sitting in on class with everyone else so focused on losing and I am thinking I don't have to lose, it is a strange feeling and actually one that I think will take me quite a while to get used to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah brill Vahevala. That's amazing. So happy for you as I know how much you wanted it.

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Weighed in tonight and I lost 1lb and I finally got my 6 stone award with SW!!! I am now 2 lbs under target weight, I feel so chuffed!

It is weird for me sitting in on class with everyone else so focused on losing and I am thinking I don't have to lose, it is a strange feeling and actually one that I think will take me quite a while to get used to! :)

That is the best news, well done you :) Thoroughly deserved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement