Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Is there any pop up Christmas shop in Galway this year? If so, where? There was a pop up Christmas shop down the lane by Easons last year. There was some lovely stuff there and at reasonable prices. I was delighted picking up a load of gifts - light up Xmas scenes for 8 to 12 or 15 euro each last year for gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Is there any pop up Christmas shop in Galway this year? If so, where? There was a pop up Christmas shop down the lane by Easons last year. There was some lovely stuff there and at reasonable prices. I was delighted picking up a load of gifts - light up Xmas scenes for 8 to 12 or 15 euro each last year for gifts.

There's a Xmas tat shop in Galway shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

There's a Xmas tat shop in Galway shopping centre.

Thanks for this. It will save me from walking the city looking for a pop Christmas shop. It's been months since I was out in the shopping centre but will try and get out there sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Go to McGaughs garden centre too. Head ford road.

They do a xmas shop every year. Nice stuff but can be dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Upstairs in the treasure chest has a gorgeous Christmas shop. Good quality decorations etc. McDs has a Christmas shop in Briarhill too (source- galway bay fm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Hi , I'm looking for yoga classes in the mornings for beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Where can I get some really high quality Christmas wrapping paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

http://www.anseomrayoga.com/

This place does early morning ones in city centre.

Can anyone tell me where I can get city bin bags now?

The council have outlawed them it seems. Absolute joke and no information sent to city centre dwellers about this.

I will get revenge! (this is and idle threat that may or may not end up with people paying for the fact that my kitchen stinks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Bin bags=Holland's Williamsgate St.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bin bags=Holland's Williamsgate St.

If Citybin are no longer providing them then id assume retailers no longer sell them, the collections have stopped i thought. There was something on the Tribune FB page about it earlier this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

I'm looking for a decent art class, have had some bad experiences. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Discodog wrote: »
    Where can I get some really high quality Christmas wrapping paper ?

We saw some loverly stuff in TK Maxx the last day, red and gold or red and silver.. Down the back by the wedding bits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I want to make more meals using my slow-cooker, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend where to buy cheaper cuts of meat. Pork shoulder, shank, beef brisket etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

I want to make more meals using my slow-cooker, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend where to buy cheaper cuts of meat. Pork shoulder, shank, beef brisket etc.

Thanks!

Joyces have good cheap cuts recently. I got beef shin and lamb neck, delish when slow cooked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks!
    Lidl have half price bacon this weekend http://www.lidl.ie/en/super-weekend.htm?action=showDetail&id=48306

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

I've been told to build some wardrobes and I'm looking for rollers and tracks. Is there any where in Galway that sell same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

RAMInteriors in Westlink Business Park Oranmore do them. I assume many other places also .

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Thanks will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I need a cardboard box for some overseas presents around 50x50x25 cm

Where would be the best place to look ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Recommend a pub to watch sports.

Mcgettigans seems to be the main one. Any other good ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I like Garveys by the train station

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Recommend a pub to watch sports.

Mcgettigans seems to be the main one. Any other good ones?

What pub to watch the <any sport> match in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 graffted

Looking for a cheap electric model train set for the kids. Any recommendations for places that sell this sorta thing in Galway? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

graffted wrote: »
    Looking for a cheap electric model train set for the kids. Any recommendations for places that sell this sorta thing in Galway? Cheers!

Argos and Toys4u in Shopping Centre list Hornby train sets on their websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Looking for a small (6 - 8 inch diameter) battery operated desk fan. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Schweizer

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone could recommend, by PM, a decent solicitor in Galway city for representation for a traffic offence in the district court?

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

graffted wrote: »

Lidl had lovely remote controlled wooden train sets on Tuesday. That was Lidl down beside Argos. They looked nice but not sure if they'd be what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Lidl had lovely remote controlled wooden train sets on Tuesday. That was Lidl down beside Argos. They looked nice but not sure if they'd be what you are looking for.

I saw the Lidl trains. Look great.
    I imagine they should be popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

cocoman wrote: »
    Looking for a small (6 - 8 inch diameter) battery operated desk fan. Any ideas?

Saw desk fans in Mr Price Westside today. They were right at the checkout. Not sure whether they were battery operated. Spotted them as the girl was calling 'Next please' and only remembered that somebody was looking for a desk fan.

Advertisement