Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

menoscemo wrote: »
    Can anyone help?
    I have set up a Strava account and trying to sync it with my Garmin Connect account. Following all the steps as per online instructions, when I press to authorise with Garmin, I get stuck on this screen
    zVKNo.jpg

It just stays stuck there for hours and nothing happens. Can anyone help?

mmm, trying to remember how I did it but so long ago now, do you need to authorise on both sides? i.e. via the garmin express software (and not just garmin connect) and strava?

the other usual solution, remove garmin express and re-load it again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Have you tried clearing cache on Firefox?

Worked fine for me on Chrome anyway.

Haha, I have done this a few times on different days and no dice.

I am using firefox and have disabled the adblocker and it makes no difference, maybe I'll try it on opera....

or try Chrome, much more stable for stuff like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Cheers guys as my edit above says: it worked straight away on opera. Will all my old activities automatically upload to Strava now?

Cheers guys as my edit above says: it worked straight away on opera. Will all my old activities automatically upload to Strava now?

yes they should, mine did anyway, firefox sucks (in general!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dont think so no, just new stuff.

There is a site that will import all your old activities:

https://tapiriik.com/

Just connect Strava and Garmin, make sure to configure to include private workouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

adrian522 wrote: »

Just connect Strava and Garmin, make sure to configure to include private workouts.

Haha, cheers!! I was just n the middle of copying and pasting old files into strava!!

just as well you're here Adrian :) I could have sworn mine came over automatically but actually my strava start date and first run are the same day so clearly not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Sorry for my laziness, this probably has been picked up here before. Anyway, my Forerunner 220 ran out of battery on a run this morning. Got home, plugged it in to charge it, saw it had saved as much of the run as it was alive for which was great.

Left it to charge to 100%. Unplugged it and now it is stuck saying 100% charged, time of day and the USB connected symobol on the screen.

Doesnt matter what I press, nothing happens.

Anyone know of a solution to this? Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Have the Forerunner 220 and it used to synch brilliantly over Bluetooth but I think the app updated a while ago & ever since it's been hit & miss.
    I often have to turn Bluetooth off & on again or have even had to re-pair the two to get them working.

Anyone else see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Arsenium wrote: »
    Sorry for my laziness, this probably has been picked up here before. Anyway, my Forerunner 220 ran out of battery on a run this morning. Got home, plugged it in to charge it, saw it had saved as much of the run as it was alive for which was great.

Left it to charge to 100%. Unplugged it and now it is stuck saying 100% charged, time of day and the USB connected symobol on the screen.

Doesnt matter what I press, nothing happens.

Anyone know of a solution to this? Thanks a lot.

Have you completely shut down the watch? What happens when it finds satellite, it should be ok?
    frash wrote: »
    Have the Forerunner 220 and it used to synch brilliantly over Bluetooth but I think the app updated a while ago & ever since it's been hit & miss.
    I often have to turn Bluetooth off & on again or have even had to re-pair the two to get them working.

Anyone else see this?

Mine does this. I'd to uninstall the phone app and re-install and it's better but I now put Bluetooth on the phone and then go to the app and make sure that it is syncing. Sometimes it still fails on me.

aquinn wrote: »
    Have you completely shut down the watch? What happens when it finds satellite, it should be ok?

It's actually a bit embarrassing....I was pressing and holding the wrong button to power it down....I was holding the run button on the top right instead of the power / light button on the top left !!

I suppose it's a testament to the watch that I didnt even know where the power button was as I have never had to power it off.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok so I used the 220 last night for the first time on an interval setting. I was able to program in distance and rest period and that was fine. I thought by also setting the watch up to be no slower than it would start beeping at me when I started to slow, this didn't happen. Can you not set up intervals and set a pace?

You can yes but its annoying as all hell.

On Garmin Connect you set a custom workout, then set a target pace with a min and a max value.

Constant beeping annoys me too much but it should work.

You can yes but its annoying as all hell.

On Garmin Connect you set a custom workout, then set a target pace with a min and a max value.

Constant beeping annoys me too much but it should work.

+1. I did that once and once only. Incessant beeping...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any way to upload directly from forerunner 410 to either ipad or android??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any way to upload directly from forerunner 410 to either ipad or android??
    The 410 is an ANT+ watch, so you'd need a device with built-in ANT+ hardware or support for a USB ANT+ device (which pretty much rules out any fruit-based devices, without spending some money on additional hardware. Whether or not you can do it via Android depends on the hardware you have available, but you might be able to do it pretty cheaply. Might be easier just to plumb for a new watch, with Bluetooth/Wifi upload.

Anyway, DC Rainmaker has a pretty good article that walks through the various options: Here

Gavlor wrote:

Does watch have Bluetooth?

Does watch have Bluetooth?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

No.

I'm guessing that's the answer

• Advertisement

Time for an upgrade so.

Time for an upgrade so.
    There are options. I've done it with a 910xt, with an Android tablet (with a USB port), ANT+ stick and Sportablet. The Samsung S5 has built in ANT+.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

not sure if this is right place - but any Fenix 3 owners here? about to buy one but can't decide if its worth the risk with all the reports on inaccurate GPS..

It seems a lot of issues may have been caused by early firmware and other local factors - but would love to hear advice of any seasoned Garmin owners..

Btw - only started running recently and this would be my first GPS watch (to save carrying the phone)!

km991148 wrote: »
    not sure if this is right place - but any Fenix 3 owners here? about to buy one but can't decide if its worth the risk with all the reports on inaccurate GPS..

It seems a lot of issues may have been caused by early firmware and other local factors - but would love to hear advice of any seasoned Garmin owners..

Btw - only started running recently and this would be my first GPS watch (to save carrying the phone)!
    There's an entire thread devoted to the Fenix 3, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

There's an entire thread devoted to the Fenix 3, here.

I seen that but didnt read the whole thread due to the title - seemed to be about buying one B&M..

Thanks tho! Will have a full on read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Went to sync my Garmin FR10 tonight after a tough session at lunch time, and not only did it not sync my new run, it wiped all my run history! This should not happen, highly pissed off. :(

Went to sync my Garmin FR10 tonight after a tough session at lunch time, and not only did it not sync my new run, it wiped all my run history! This should not happen, highly pissed off. :(

They aren't on Garmin connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

They aren't on Garmin connect?
    Sure, all runs prior where on Garmin connect, but it wiped my watch. Looks like an upgrade to the FR10 wiped all the .fit files on it as there wasn't enough room. Luckily I was able to get it from a friend who was running with me on the run I lost. Next time I get a warning for an upgrade, I'll manually copy the .fit files first. Lesson learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Your help please!

My Garmin Forerunner 305 has started to run out of battery very quickly.

I charge it, a few minutes later it tells me it's fully charged (and the battery icon confirms this) but half an hour (or so) later it's dead again. It dies sooner and sooner each time.

It appears that it's not possible to change the battery so I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's out of warranty, purchased on Amazon around 4 years ago.

Please help - I need my Garmin!

• Advertisement

Let it go completely flat and then charge.

Advertisement