Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Is there anywhere in Dublin (besides ebay) you can get a charger cable for a forerunner 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

These any use?

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_garmin+charger/

Can't find anything on donedeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

aquinn wrote: »
    These any use?

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_garmin+charger/

Can't find anything on donedeal.

Thanks for the help A. None of them sell the charger separately.

I found one on ebay that I've bought...will just have to be patient and use my phone till it gets here.

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Forerunner 305 issue. After charging in the cradle, the watch seems to lock. It won't do anything like turn on or even start charging again. If I do a soft reset (hold Mode and lap/reset) it seems to work again. Is this something that won't cause an issue or should I start looking for a new watch? Have it 3 & 1/2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

I have a Garmin 305 Forerunner for the last 5 years or so.

Yesterday it has started acting up. It says "battery charging in progress" when I initially plug it in to charge, but within seconds changes to "battery charging complete".

However there is no battery and will shut off immediately after I take it out of the cradle dock.

I checked online but this is a common problem. To fix it, apparently you do the soft/hard reset. These do not work on my watch though.

Anyone any advice? Would it be worth buying a new cradle dock? I can get one for 20 quid on ebay. I haven't got the funds at the moment to justify buying a new watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Bravestaar wrote: »
    I have a Garmin 305 Forerunner for the last 5 years or so.

Yesterday it has started acting up. It says "battery charging in progress" when I initially plug it in to charge, but within seconds changes to "battery charging complete".

However there is no battery and will shut off immediately after I take it out of the cradle dock.

I checked online but this is a common problem. To fix it, apparently you do the soft/hard reset. These do not work on my watch though.

Anyone any advice? Would it be worth buying a new cradle dock? I can get one for 20 quid on ebay. I haven't got the funds at the moment to justify buying a new watch.

I'd try a new battery. Has it been replaced in last 5 years?

shane1981 wrote: »

Nope. A new battery instead of a cradle & dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Any ideas where to get one of these? (Bar may not be correct term?)

Most websites I've checked seem to want to sell the strap also.

I also tried Fast Fix in st stephen's green centre but no luck.

Currently using a paper clip but that won't last...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

Edited because I've figured it out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Getting the following error message when I plug (USB) in my Garmin 220 to the PC

you need to format the disk in drive l

Do I need to reset (soft) the watch. Would appreciate any advice before I try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Hi all, I'm sure there's a similar question multiple times on here but I'm hoping someone can tell me - my 610 is goosed.

From what I've read here a refurb might be the answer. Can anyone tell me how I might go about this? Where I send it? How long it takes and how much it is? Do I need the original receipt etc. (don't have it).

Thanks

Hi all, I'm sure there's a similar question multiple times on here but I'm hoping someone can tell me - my 610 is goosed.

From what I've read here a refurb might be the answer. Can anyone tell me how I might go about this? Where I send it? How long it takes and how much it is? Do I need the original receipt etc. (don't have it).

Thanks

shane1981 wrote: »

Bought a new cradle and dock and it did not work, same problem. You were right, it was the battery. New watch time I think.

I need a new watch. I'm looking for an average enough one for a reasonable price. My last one was a Forerunner 305 and it was perfect. I'd like to upgrade a little but I am not a competitive runner so I don't want to spend a fortune.

I just need one for running and cycling that would have a good GPS and can do lap times (which I presume all can).

Anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

happygoose wrote: »

Thanks
    You should go through the support/repair centre here, which should guide you through the process. Don't think you would need the original receipt.

TUVM Krusty!

I need a new watch. I'm looking for an average enough one for a reasonable price. My last one was a Forerunner 305 and it was perfect. I'd like to upgrade a little but I am not a competitive runner so I don't want to spend a fortune.

I just need one for running and cycling that would have a good GPS and can do lap times (which I presume all can).

Anyone any advice?
    Yep, pretty much any of them will do this. Would you consider a second-hand option? You should be able to get a 310xt, 910xt or something similar in shape and functionality to your old watch, with lots of added extras, should you ever decide that you might use them (and will support cycling specific modes).

Otherwise, you could get one of the newer lower end models, like the Forerunner 10, etc. and just use it on both the run and the bike (without cycling specific modes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I've a Garmin forerunner 310xt. On tonight's run is was all over the place. I ran around 5km but it said 5.9km then when I up loaded my run to starva the map didn't follow where I ran. It went completely off track. I looked at my map on garmin connect and it's the same. What would cause this?

Yep, pretty much any of them will do this. Would you consider a second-hand option? You should be able to get a 310xt, 910xt or something similar in shape and functionality to your old watch, with lots of added extras, should you ever decide that you might use them (and will support cycling specific modes).

Otherwise, you could get one of the newer lower end models, like the Forerunner 10, etc. and just use it on both the run and the bike (without cycling specific modes).

I don't really want to get a second hand one to be honest. I used my wife's Forerunner 10 on Saturday in the Frank Duffy 10 mile and it was all over the place. It didn't correspond at all to the mile markers (unless they were wrong).

It also looks like a girls watch!

I'm thinking the Garmin Forerunner 610 which is €191 on Sports Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

I don't really want to get a second hand one to be honest. I used my wife's Forerunner 10 on Saturday in the Frank Duffy 10 mile and it was all over the place. It didn't correspond at all to the mile markers (unless they were wrong).

It also looks like a girls watch!

I'm thinking the Garmin Forerunner 610 which is €191 on Sports Direct.

I can recommend the forerunner 220 very highly. It might have its critics but I love it. Loads of features that I love and I wear it as an everyday watch no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

6781 wrote: »
    I've a Garmin forerunner 310xt. On tonight's run is was all over the place. I ran around 5km but it said 5.9km then when I up loaded my run to starva the map didn't follow where I ran. It went completely off track. I looked at my map on garmin connect and it's the same. What would cause this?
    Seemed to be ok last night again. Not sure what went wrong with it the other night.

I chose to buy the 610 over the 220. All the reviews seem pretty similar but the 610 is better for cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Just wondering if there is a way to check times when doing intervals with the 220.

I can set up the intervals fine. However when I start to do the session, the screen just shows which rep I am on and the countdown of the distance.

When the rep is finished the recovery interval starts to countdown. When the recovery interval is counting down, is there a way to see what time the previous rep was completed in? Or can you configure the interval screen to show 3 fields, the rep, the distance and the timer?

I tried a few times but managed to mess up the intervals by doing this.

Does an app / device exist whereby one can monitor someone else's data (e.g. Pace / HR) in real time as they run a session or a race?

Does an app / device exist whereby one can monitor someone else's data (e.g. Pace / HR) in real time as they run a session or a race?

Apparently if they have bluetooth on and possibly carry their phone I believe you can stalk /track in real time.

You can certainly monitor someone's location using the newer Garmin models that feature bluetooth, but need a bluetooth phone also and the Garmin Connect App with LiveTrack. Don't think it'll share HR data though. Obviously you need a live data connection on your phone also.

You can get an idea of how it works here:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Think you'd need a portable satellite uplink for the HR data. This guy has one:

color-marathoner-web.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Can anyone help?
    I have set up a Strava account and trying to sync it with my Garmin Connect account. Following all the steps as per online instructions, when I press to authorise with Garmin, I get stuck on this screen
    zVKNo.jpg

It just stays stuck there for hours and nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Have you tried turning off the computer and back on? Just like the IT crowd :D

Maybe uninstall and reinstall program or it doesn't like chrome and will work on firefox as a pop-up could be blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

aquinn wrote: »
    Have you tried turning off the computer and back on? Just like the IT crowd :D

Maybe uninstall and reinstall program or it doesn't like chrome and will work on firefox as a pop-up could be blocked.

Haha, I have done this a few times on different days and no dice.

I am using firefox and have disabled the adblocker and it makes no difference, maybe I'll try it on opera....

Edit: it worked straight away on Opera!! Success :D

Advertisement