Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Man Wounded by Israeli Soldier. (rubber bullet)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rabies wrote: »
    We're on about the use of use of non-lethal projectiles of the rubber or animal kingdom variety, not who is occupying who.

Would you prefer to rubber up or go hard steel ?

It shouldn't be an issue, it shouldn't be happening at all. There is no legitimate reason for the IDF to be in the west bank. They shouldn't be using rubber or steel or ****ing marshmallows, they should be in their own country minding their own business, not terrorising Palestinians and shooting at protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Galway and Israel, always at it, will they ever learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Galway and Israel, always at it, will they ever learn?

Gasrael or israway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Remmy wrote: »
    By a rubber bullet. Taking part in a palestinian protest in the west bank where they often chuck rocks and other stuff at the IDF.

To be fair,

1) they're chucking rocks at tanks n stuff.

2) In that video (linked on the first page) you can see an israeli soldier chucking one back. :) (Not having a go at the soldier. He's carrying a big gun and he fecked a rock back. Not unrestrained, but still, not too unrestrained)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair,

1) they're chucking rocks at tanks n stuff.

2) In that video (linked on the first page) you can see an israeli soldier chucking one back. :) (Not having a go at the soldier. He's carrying a big gun and he fecked a rock back. Not unrestrained, but still, not too unrestrained)

Actually no, he threw a CS gas grenade at them. Which is tear gas.

Israel a country of 8 million surrounded by 200,000,000 who would like to see them dead.... yeah, I'm sure if they just went home they'd be left alone to their own devices as the only Jews in a region of Muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Gonna have a cool scar. He will be a hero to all the hippies in that commune (Galway) when he gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Shocking story.

We should really stop these Israeli soldiers from coming to Ireland to shoot people, how would they like it if we went to Israel causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Actually no, he threw a CS gas grenade at them. Which is tear gas.

Israel a country of 8 million surrounded by 200,000,000 who would like to see them dead.... yeah, I'm sure if they just went home they'd be left alone to their own devices as the only Jews in a region of Muslims.

200,000,000..... All want to see israelis dead?

easy to see which extreme of the fence you're sitting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

HondaSami wrote: »
    Was that list necessary?
    did you need to quote it again?:pac:

Grayson wrote: »
    200,000,000..... All want to see isaelis dead?

easy to see which extreme of the fence you're sitting on.

I'm to no extremes, but I'm moderately in favour of Israel. While I may not agree with their tactics, they can't just sit back and wait to die.

And given Israel are close by to Egypt, Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia, all of whom have indicated a displeasure with Israel, they would be offensively defensive.

I'm happier they have nuclear weapons than any of the listed countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Miri5

I'm to no extremes, but I'm moderately in favour of Israel. While I may not agree with their tactics, they can't just sit back and wait to die.

And given Israel are close by to Egypt, Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia, all of whom have indicated a displeasure with Israel, they would be offensively defensive.

I'm happier they have nuclear weapons than any of the listed countries.

+1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yes it was these people were not meant to be killed but deterred from rioting
    Instead some suffered long painfull deaths
    Some were just kids

So then why did you list their religion or even make a comment about their religion, or even comment if it was the police or army who fired.

This thread is about a man shot in the west bank, who just happened to be Irish. Its not about the political/religious/sectarianism sitiuation in NI.

It seems you are focusing more on the situation in NI rather than highlighting the use of rubber bullets and their effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Can you imagine the mileage he'll get out of this is crusty bars in Galway for the next 20 years?

He'll need a cattle prod to hold them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I hope our foreign serivces arent having to spend money helping this idiot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Why are Israeli Soldiers in Galway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe he is Israeli but happens to have acquired a Galway passport :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Anyone wrote: »

There not , yer man the sniper was a good shot , he hit him from Israel as the journo walked out by Spiddal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

The Gathering gone nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I know people who have kept the rubber bullets they have been shot with, sat with them on the table in the pub. It takes a very unlucky shot to get killed with a rubber bullet. Why is this guy from Galway not up in Belfast or Derry protesting. Looking for sympathy out in Palestine.

Israel a country of 8 million surrounded by 200,000,000 who would like to see them dead....

Hyperbolic ****ing nonsense.
    Do you have any proof of that besides a war which was almost 50 years ago, which Israel instigated?

Are you going to purposely misquote Mahmoud Ahmadinejad next and claim he said Iran wanted to "wipe Israel off the map"?. Because you probably already know he never said any such thing.
    if they just went home they'd be left alone to their own devices as the only Jews in a region of Muslims.

They aren't the only Jewish people in the region. That's nonsense. There is a sizeable Jewish population in a lot of Muslim countries, Iran for example has a large Jewish population in Tehran.

But beyond that, yeah, if they ****ed off and withdrew from Palestinian land, stopped occupying Syrian land in the Golan and gave up their habit of invading southern Lebanon every few years, yeah most of the countries in the region would officially recognise Israel, as leaders of those nations have said several times. King Abdullah of Jordan, a nation with normalised relations with Israel, being one of the most outspoken proponents of this plan.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    So then why did you list their religion or even make a comment about their religion, or even comment if it was the police or army who fired.

He copied a list from a website, more than likely a UK government website, obviously.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

This serious enough for ya

some people don't want to admit the truth

Seaneh wrote: »
    They aren't the only Jewish people in the region. That's nonsense. There is a sizeable Jewish population in a lot of Muslim countries, Iran for example has a large Jewish population in Tehran.

10000 in Iran is not sizable. Don't get so angry, I support one side, you support another, we could have a reasoned debate, but I think with your anger and trying to make my arguments before I say them would indicate that you don't wish to. You just wanna shout your point and not listen to reason :)

Fair enough. But just know that, there is no righteous and just side in that region. Land changes owners, it happens, and that particular piece of land has been owned by everyone at some point. It just so happens the Israeli's own it now. People could just stop fighting in general and try to get along, but noone wants that, least of all the Muslims. :) So it won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A journo/hippy got shot in a conflict zone, tough sh*t it happens.

Settlements, illegal occupation, oppression in the WB, innocents getting killed on all sides, propaganda, lies, bullsh*t and bluster ~ Seaneh we're all against it, I doubt there's a single person here who isn't.. We 'get you' and I don't think anyone is taking your bait for another Israeli/Palestinian jerk circle.

Did you know Rachel Corrie killed ten years ago last week, Irish soldiers have been killed by the IDF/SLA, Amal, Hezbollah and the PLO.. The longest held/missing captive in the middle east is an Irish soldier (can we have him back Mr.PLO please?)..

Crap happens in conflict zones, and soldiers, aid workers, journo's etc etc know this and choose to take their chances.. Its a chance we take when we volunteer to serve, and honestly the guy was only hit by a rubber bullet and got a little bruise for his troubles, boo bloody hoo.

He'll get mileage out of this one for sure, and good luck to him and all who sail in him.

Non story imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Is the guy who got shot one of the many Irish who come over and protest in West Bank for a few hours a day and then spend the rest of their time shopping, eating, partying, etc. in Tel Aviv?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They're probably goin through old Boards threads and returning to extract revenge....;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61863823

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ch9ORXw8ulw

On a seperate note,has'nt the term Rubber Bullet been replaced/sanitized by Baton Round following 10cc's over popularization of the original ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I have to say, I'm a little disturbed by the level of cynicism.
    This is a human conflict with human beings on both sides.
    Do the people of AO think an unarmed man with a camera is a valid target?

Maybe he should have had some cop on and just stayed home on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Golan Heights one day, Tirellan Heights the next day. No keeping up with them and their zionist greed, you know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

CrinkElite wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm a little disturbed by the level of cynicism.
    This is a human conflict with human beings on both sides.
    Do the people of AO think an unarmed man with a camera is a valid target?

Maybe he should have had some cop on and just stayed home on the internet.

He was in the middle of a protest that had turned violent (stone throwing). He ignored warnings to disperse.

Most of these 'right-on' protesters that travel over there from Ireland and the rest of Western Europe actively look to cause confrontation. Getting hit with a baton round, or being arrested is a badge of honour for them. Its their martyrdom.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

When I saw the thread title the first thing I thought was, what the hell were the Israeli Army thinking by invading Galway.

They wouldn't stand a chance against the lads in Ballybane and Westside.

Advertisement