Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Happy birthday handbagmad. Look after yourself.

I'm sad. Just feel like I'm missing out on loads of stuff. People I was in school and college with are getting married and having kids. But I still am here acting like when I was a teenager. No relationship, chronic physical and mental illnesses, no motivation... I just feel so overwhelmed with everything :/

I really want to ring my therapist for a chat (she said to do it if I felt I needed to over the holidays seeing as my mood's been so low lately), but I'm at home with family and am so paranoid that they'd listen in on the phone call that I won't ring her.

Hope everyone here is okay. New Year's is a tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

handbagmad wrote: »
    Best of health and wellness to all for 2015.
    Whatever trials and tribulations it may bring.
    Feeling very sad and hurt my birthday passed yesterday, not one acknowledgement...
    I've decided to close my account.
    Spending too much time on social media in general.
    Goodluck. Take care
    Xx

Happy birthday for yesterday, come back soon please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Feeling very sad and hurt my birthday passed yesterday, not one acknowledgement...
    Goodluck. Take care
    Xx

Happy Birthday Handbagmad. :)
    Happy birthday handbagmad. Look after yourself.

I'm sad. Just feel like I'm missing out on loads of stuff. People I was in school and college with are getting married and having kids. But I still am here acting like when I was a teenager. No relationship, chronic physical and mental illnesses, no motivation... I just feel so overwhelmed with everything :/

I really want to ring my therapist for a chat (she said to do it if I felt I needed to over the holidays seeing as my mood's been so low lately), but I'm at home with family and am so paranoid that they'd listen in on the phone call that I won't ring her.

Hope everyone here is okay. New Year's is a tough time.

I feel kinda the same.
    I just really want to travel. I do not have the friends nor money to go. It is so easy to feel overwhelmed. I have a list of things I want to achieve this year so I am going to go through it slowly.

Also maybe you could go outside or into a car and ring your therapist there for some privacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Goodluck. Take care
    Xx

Tare care of yourself H. I'm sad to see you leave.

I hope you have a Happy New Year and a great life from here on out.

x x x

Feeling sleepy and light headed...this is nice....ish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Never felt so alone in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 36 periwinkle

I'm sorry that I only post here when I'm feeling down.

It's been an exceptionally hard month, have not been this depressed in a while. Christmas was very hard. Feeling very isolated. I have let personal relationships slip over the years as they are hard to maintain. Much easier to hide out at home. But I'm very lonely. Things have been compounded by my business partner refusing to "get it" being very harsh and judgemental and now keeping me at arm's length so I don't know what the situation will be, going forward.

May 2015 be much better for everyone. xxx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel so bad when an account closes, Handbagmad, i hope you see the messages people have left for you, and thanks for the chats along the way. Mind yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

How are we folks? I'm here to listen.

I feel like crap. Same **** different day :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not great here either, not a great start to be honest.. And of course beating myself for my behaviour. Oh well, it was just a wednesday that became a thursday after all.

Hope ye feel better soon girls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I feel like crap. Same **** different day :(
    Not great here either, not a great start to be honest.. And of course beating myself for my behaviour. Oh well, it was just a wednesday that became a thursday after all.

Anything ye want to talk about in particular?

Exact same here. I thought January would be a fresh start and I was doing so well coming up to it. But I had to go and ruin it. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I had a night out tonight with college friends and actually enjoyed it. However, the less said about New Year's Eve the better.

Anyway, I made a conscious decision before 2014 ended to make an extra effort to get out and maintain friendships. It's so easy to just hide away in my bedroom, a.k.a. my safe place, after a terrifying day a work but I know it's so detrimental to me in the long run. Then again, this is all so much easier said than done. I mean, the other problem is that if I don't drink I won't be able to loosen up, and if I do I'm terrified of just breaking down on the night and become a blubbering mess. I guess I just have to try and drink sensibly and know when to stop.

I'm deliberately refraining from calling it a new year's resolution though as I think those are only there to be broken anyway! Also, I want to be careful not to force myself either as that could make me even worse.

I also need to get back into the running with the athletic club, if only to get the value out of the €50 annual fee, and of course to get out and exercise like I used to as well.

I hope 2015 goes well for everyone. :):)

The first weekend of 2015 is here. Not sure how I feel about that. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Ahhhh another year, ill be 36 this year and I have been on anti depressants over a year now. Just like a leopard does not know why it has spots I will never know (or now care now) why I have had depression my whole life. Accepting what I am and accepting I am not the center of the universe has never made me more content to be me then I ever have been.
    Getting rid of the depressive ache I had at the core of me and just observing the world objectively has been a blessing. Have a Peaceful New Year all and try to take a holiday from your depression :)

Given how bad it was I'm amazed I've only just noticed this now but for a long time during this horrid period of my life (2012 - present) I used to get terrible head / neck strain, so bad that looking down to read at a book for longer than 10 minutes was next to possible without panicking I was doing something really bad to myself. But it's gone! It's gone! I'm putting it down to the anxiety as despite things being extreme for me still, I have to an extent reclaimed myself and not let the physical symptoms get to me so much..it's more mental now :( But hey ho, something positive to think about. Has anyone else had this with their head btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I had chronic tension in my jaw and more recantly a feeling like my head was expanding. I remember a physio a couple of years ago saying my skull was actually rotated on spine. It has been quite unbearable, but the jaw thing went away when I started drinking lots of water (i was dehydrated, I get it a small bit when I drink alcohol now still).

My physical symptoms have been relieving. I know that feeling of 'it's gone!' I've had it before and it's so amazing to see what you've been carrying around with you just disappear. Happy4u

Thanks Jim, hope things are getting better

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

can you claim disability with depression and anxiety does anyone know?

I'm shivering and I don't think it's down to the cold :(

Feel a bit iffy at the moment. I didn't get to sleep last night until about 5 or 6 and then I had weird dreams where I was being hassled on the street.

Anyone get dreams like that? Like in school or something like that?

I don't really get bad dreams, downside is it makes the waking up worse ;)

fr336 wrote: »
    I don't really get bad dreams, downside is it makes the waking up worse ;)

Oh how I'd love to be plugged into the Matrix at times!

Yet another interesting sounding film I've never seen Hugo :D

Can you describe your dream any further? Obviously fine if not, but maybe getting it all out here will diminish its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Speaking of dreams I woke up after a dream of being strangled from behind in a room out of nowhere... maybe I've got problems. They just held two ends of a tie or something around my neck and started choking and i woke up!

fr336 wrote: »
    Yet another interesting sounding film I've never seen Hugo :D

Can you describe your dream any further? Obviously fine if not, but maybe getting it all out here will diminish its impact.

In the dream I was either in Dublin or London. It was really busy out on the streets. I was in a bookshop and all these school kids were in there. They started pointed and laughing at me so I ran outside. Then on the street some guys I knew from school (who I would have gotten on with in real life) started hassling me about going into a nearby pub to tell a fella in there that the guys outside didn't want to fight (:confused:). Then I got lost in a shop and the security guy accused me of shoplifting so I was then hiding from him.

It actually sounds stupid now that I've typed it out lol :D:o

Speaking of dreams I woke up after a dream of being strangled from behind in a room out of nowhere... maybe I've got problems. They just held two ends of a tie or something around my neck and started choking and i woke up!

That sounds terrifying. I have never had any horrible dreams but I remember for a week or so I kept dreaming about the place where I last worked and was fired from. I think I must have been thinking about it during the day and then I was dreaming about it. It seemed I couldn't escape from it. But I don't have them anymore.

• Advertisement

In the dream I was either in Dublin or London. It was really busy out on the streets. I was in a bookshop and all these school kids were in there. They started pointed and laughing at me so I ran outside. Then on the street some guys I knew from school (who I would have gotten on with in real life) started hassling me about going into a nearby pub to tell a fella in there that the guys outside didn't want to fight (:confused:). Then I got lost in a shop and the security guy accused me of shoplifting so I was then hiding from him.

It actually sounds stupid now that I've typed it out lol :D:o

Some dreams can be so vivid and real especially when they involve people we know. Maybe your dream included situations that hit a nerve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement