Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Matter [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah didn't enjoy that. The fight between the aussie and 3 was terrible. The humour felt off all episode. So 1 and 2 finally get together- I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I thought that it was a great episode, really entertaining.

I wasn't keen on the storyline of 'Three' and Sarah. It just seemed so hurried. She finds him in a forest, they fall in love. Back on the ship he seems to fall in love again and then she suddenly dies. I would have thought that they would have kept her around for a few episodes and had her slowly die or put her back in stasis while 'Three' and Android search for a cure.

I thought the story with Wendy the entertainment android was great. I thought she was a real fun character, sexy and funny. I love the idea of a sexy badass headless robot. She would make a great series regular if they could just stop her from trying to kill everyone.

But the highlight of the show was Android's jealousy of Wendy at the scene with her doing the different accents was hilarious. I hope we get an excuse to hear the accents again at some stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    But the highlight of the show was Android's jealousy of Wendy at the scene with her doing the different accents was hilarious. I hope we get an excuse to hear the accents again at some stage.
    You're kidding?
    I was delighted the killer robot got killed. I was almost expecting this show to pick up before this jokey mess episode.
    The ship's android in this episode also destroyed any credibility the scriptwriters had. Why would an android be jealous? Why was the killer android "evil" anyway? How contrived was the whole android in a box set up? Brutal.

Fun.

This is a fun show.

The plots are straight forward, nothing fancy, no twists, it's not Inception it's not serious like Star Trek. The show is just a fun scifi romp through space. An android trying and failing with her interpretation of human emotions is fun and provides a few laughs. An entertainment android, reprogrammed as an evil killer, by an enemy with a grudge and planted in the hold, sure it's contrived but I don't care, it was a laugh.

If this show was presenting itself as a serious scifi drama then none of this would be acceptable but this is not a drama, this is a bit of light scifi fun.

Fun.

This is a fun show.
    Which makes me wonder why they bothered with Killjoys if Dark Matter is going to be a puerile gag SF show too.

• Advertisement

I think they got the tone for Dark Matter right, in that it is just fun, nothing too serious.

But I think they have missed with Killjoys. They seem to be treating the character back stories very seriously but are undermining it with silly weekly plots, light humour and over the top music. I think that they are trying to make a serious scifi drama but it is not coming across that way.

Showing them back to back, I reckon, is a mistake. They would probably both fare better if they had some distance between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed this episode.
    There was humour in it some fighting and some sadness too. Maybe the android has an emotion chip that it did not know it had that activated and thats why she got jeolous. I don,t take the show too series its just a bit of light fun sct-fi entertainment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

stargate was similar enough early on in its run, throwing in some odd humour that didnt ad up with other more serious episodes, both shows are only finding their way, i wouldnt expect either to settle on a larger arc till season 2, season 1 of dark matter id say will hopefully end on the crew regaining or at least getting an understanding of who they are/were, and maybe some choices they made in season 1 will lead them to live better lives, and season 2 can be the conflict of their true selfs and their new selfs, and deciding what to do,

the show is moving along nicely at this point, its not top of my watch list, but its not a show i avoid either, so ill stick with it,

still noting about that key the young one has,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That was awful and pure filler, which is saying something this early into a series/season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm liking the show.

I really dislike the 'dark matter' intro. Looks cheap, transformers, doesn't work or fit the show. Would be better with am SGU opening.

• Advertisement

I'm liking the show.

I really dislike the 'dark matter' intro. Looks cheap, transformers, doesn't work or fit the show. Would be better with am SGU opening.

Yeah, the clunky transforming letters to create the logo look really cheap, which is surprising as many of the effects elsewhere in the show look really good.

What is an SGU opening?

Yeah, the clunky transforming letters to create the logo look really cheap, which is surprising as many of the effects elsewhere in the show look really good.

What is an SGU opening?

Can't link cause mobile. But it's just a flyby of the ship with the words Stargate universe in plain letters.

i think both killjoys and dark matter can do with some more creativity when it comes to themes and score, one thing i always remember about SGU was the score, it just felt like someone put in the effort,

which is funny cause joseph mallozzi and paul mullie were both producers on all 3 stargate shows,

id be thinking syfy may only renew one of them, but looking at the rating both are doing pretty badly, worse than both defiance and dominion,

don ramo wrote: »
    id be thinking syfy may only renew one of them, but looking at the rating both are doing pretty badly, worse than both defiance and dominion,
    Haha, I have noticed Defiance seems to be waaay better since Killjoys and Dark Matter started! Probably just a relative thing...
    I'm just seeing too much overlap between these two shows, barely differentiated really.

They keep developing the back stories for each of the characters but I'm not sure I'm getting more interested in the show. I'm guessing 3 has been set up for the wife's murder. i'm also guessing that in both Dark Matter and kill joys there are no aliens so perhaps that is why Defiance is doing well, with their Star-Trek type aliens.

must say that both dark matter and killjoys may have went assways about how to develop their stories, only now with a few episodes to go are both shows getting a lot more interesting, if these shows started in september i would have bailed after 3-4 episodes, and would never have gotten this far and actually become genuinely interested in both shows,

i hope they both get renewed, gonna be a close one, their not doing well, but their also not that far behind defiance and dominion, so gonna be interesting to see what happens,

Ms

This was on ok episode not great do. I thought that they had no money has they messed up selling the weapons the last time so how did they manage to pay for getting the ship refueled this time? If they did. I agree they need to have a better intro for the start of this. The letters transformers style just looks cheap and does not work for the show. I wonder what it is that 2 is hiding. Hope the show gets renewed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

AMKC wrote: »
    I thought that they had no money has they messed up selling the weapons the last time so how did they manage to pay for getting the ship refueled this time? If they did.

In the previous episode, when they opened up the vault, there was a crate full of credits.

Enjoyed this week's episode immensely, apart from the pilot guy/tech kid scenes. A fair bit of wandering through the Canadian scenery, but didn't seem too forced and had some decent scraps.
    More of this please!

next weeks should be interesting after that ending,

still hard to get the characters down, its a strange situation cause they dont know who they are, and your constantly swinging back forth on your opinion of a character,

i wonder why 2 is still wearing that patch, surely even at this point itd be ok to remove, been on for a while, it should be more suspicious that its on so long now,

i liked when 3 told the android that shes not allowed reset herself, cause he doesnt want to get know another person :D

• Advertisement

I will admit, i am still liking the show :)

i wonder why 2 is still wearing that patch, surely even at this point itd be ok to remove, been on for a while, it should be more suspicious that its on so long now,

I'm guessing that they disease she contracted has changed her in some way. Her skin was already healed at the end of that episode but she left the bandage on not raise suspision. I gather she has an accelerated healing now. A few episodes ago the android stated that she was lying about something so it was probably that.

I'm guessing that they disease she contracted has changed her in some way. Her skin was already healed at the end of that episode but she left the bandage on not raise suspision. I gather she has an accelerated healing now. A few episodes ago the android stated that she was lying about something so it was probably that.
    yeah i know that, thats why i said shes seems to have it on to long now, must be on a few weeks by now, even with normal healing it should be healed by now, the android knows alright,

Is 2 the only character they haven't done a flashback for? They seem to be revealing slowly all the other crew members to have good sides or unwilling criminals, so it would be refreshing if 2 was revealed just to be psychotic previously.

Is 2 the only character they haven't done a flashback for? They seem to be revealing slowly all the other crew members to have good sides or unwilling criminals, so it would be refreshing if 2 was revealed just to be psychotic previously.
    yeah id say shell be the worst outta all of them, probably the one who got them all together,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

5's (Jodelle Ferland) background hasn't really been shown much either, but yeah, I'd agree 2 is gonna be the pivotal character, definitely being held for the season finale in a month or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Gonna be more than the left one bruised by the time next episode is over. :-p

next week should be interesting, id say 2 will obviously survive, and have to explain, id say itll be something to do with that scar healing so fast to, shes either some kind of human android hybrid, or is altered in some way to heal rapidly,

i was wondering if they would have tried that card the kid has, it could be some kind of all access card, i thought it was maybe some kind of machine key, but after seeing the access card in the episode, we now know its a key card, but what does it open

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

next week should be interesting, id say 2 will obviously survive, and have to explain, id say itll be something to do with that scar healing so fast to, shes either some kind of human android hybrid, or is altered in some way to heal rapidly,
    I'm wondering if it could not be the Killjoy version with
    the nanobots being able to heal the body and deal with the plague etc.
    as shown in the earlier Killjoy episode as the solution to it all. Seeing what we've seen so far that would not be too far fetched in terms of technology and setup and would allow 2 to act outside for long enough to come back with a vengeance.

• Advertisement
    Ms

That was a really good episode. Lots happened in it. Funny in parts too. I do think 2 will survive. (1) Maybe she will have a few quick flashbacks thinking she is about to die then realise she ain,t. (2) Either that or the others will get the ship back someway then rescue her but think she is dead. Maybe she is able to hold her breath for really long and they think she is dead they go to see can they do anything for and she suddenly takes a big breath of air and is ok. That or they have actually killed her off. Odds o n the last one are not good do so Ill say its option 1 or 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement