Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Team Value

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Post wildcard I'm at 102.1m with 0.5m in the bank. 101.2m resale

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Why? Do you set the algorithms? Many years, the pricing structure changes after a number of GWs and often speeds up towards the end of the season.
    As players hit form, you need as much cash at your disposal as possible. Plus, sometimes -4 can be better than playing your original two players.

If you compare the prices of the teams that used the wild card and those that didn't you will see that the value is very close at this stage.

I wouldn't use -4 to get value at this stage because very few players rose more than once in a week and most - if not all - are the players you won't sell anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

wonski wrote: »
    If you compare the prices of the teams that used the wild card and those that didn't you will see that the value is very close at this stage.

I wouldn't use -4 to get value at this stage because very few players rose more than once in a week and most - if not all - are the players you won't sell anyway.

Most Will be moving out players who are dropping so it does add up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Why? Do you set the algorithms? Many years, the pricing structure changes after a number of GWs and often speeds up towards the end of the season.
    As players hit form, you need as much cash at your disposal as possible. Plus, sometimes -4 can be better than playing your original two players.

Maybe it's me but I don't get the bold part. What do you mean by "the pricing structure changes"? Also what's with the "speeding up towards the end of the season"?
    I'd say it's more the opposite actually (but maybe I'm not getting where you're coming from). When the season comes to an end you just play for the actual points, there's not anymore a long-term plan with the idea of building up your team resale value in order to afford the most expensive team possible (if you play it well you can gain between £10-15m over the season). I doubt such a thing would be possible this year. The WC-not-included-in-price-changes thing seems to be a direct response to prevent it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

They revise the threshold for rises/falls throughout the season. It takes a lot fewer NTI to rise as the season goes on.
    I've been playing the value game for years and finished 2nd most expensive team in the world a couple of years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I dunno about this to be honest.

I think to have a good value you need to have been watching it and either taking the odd hit or have played a well timed wildcard. Its less about banking 0.2 rises on the wildcard but more about having a good bandwagon in your team who can gain value and then be moved on after a couple of weeks (Naismith, Dier) and promptly getting rid of value vampires like Bojan, Young and co)

My value was struggling till I wildcarded and is now quite good.

There is still a big variance in values as far as I can see. And not necessarily related to whether wildcard played or not, more about how well people have focused on the above imo.

On my Differential FPL app I can sort all my 'rivals' by total value, it's not resale but gives a good guide. On my list are all 20 of the FSA Premier teams and half a dozen others from my leagues. The figure currently ranges from 103.4 (I am second on 103.3) to 99.5!!

Some who i know have wildcarded are under 102, Mr Prodston who has most points on the list is mid table value wise at 102 with hhis wildcard still intact.

I think its still possible to build up a higher than average value but it's more a medium term strategy approach, and unless you are extremely lucky will require a few hits especially early on to get rid of the vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    I dunno about this to be honest.

I think to have a good value you need to have been watching it and either taking the odd hit or have played a well timed wildcard. Its less about banking 0.2 rises on the wildcard but more about having a good bandwagon in your team who can gain value and then be moved on after a couple of weeks (Naismith, Dier) and promptly getting rid of value vampires like Bojan, Young and co)

My value was struggling till I wildcarded and is now quite good.

There is still a big variance in values as far as I can see. And not necessarily related to whether wildcard played or not, more about how well people have focused on the above imo.

On my Differential FPL app I can sort all my 'rivals' by total value, it's not resale but gives a good guide. On my list are all 20 of the FSA Premier teams and half a dozen others from my leagues. The figure currently ranges from 103.4 (I am second on 103.3) to 99.5!!

Some who i know have wildcarded are under 102, Mr Prodston who has most points on the list is mid table value wise at 102.

I think its still possible to build up a higher than average value but it's more a medium term strategy approach, and unless you are extremely lucky will require a few hits especially early on to get rid of the vampires.

I just don't see a point in taking a hit to bring player for a 0.1 rise.
    The worst part is that there are so many cheap players performing well that the value became not so important to me.

Last season there was Aguero/RVP/Suarez you were heading into and building your value to have them if possible.

This season - Costa and the others (Pelle, Ulloa, Welbeck, Naismith) with Aguero being an option, not a must have now.

Same with the defence - Chelsea is a perfect example.

I know it was only 5 weeks and things settle down later but I will never take a -4 to catch a price rise. No need for that imo and the overall value seems to be about the same for all the active players around here.

They revise the threshold for rises/falls throughout the season. It takes a lot fewer NTI to rise as the season goes on.
    I've been playing the value game for years and finished 2nd most expensive team in the world a couple of years back.

Ah right. Never paid attention to that. Thanks for sharing the info ;). Even with this new price changes structure it may be pretty interesting in a couple of weeks/months ;).

I just don't see a point in taking a hit to bring player for a 0.1 rise.
    The worst part is that there are so many cheap players performing well that the value became not so important to me.

I agree. Which is why I said in my post that it's more about getting the short term 2 or 3 week bandwagon like Naismith, or currently hopefully Ulloa. This is still not usually worth a hit, it's more about getting rid of a player dropping two or three times. To me that is worth a hit.

The cheap performing players may not last forever, come January RVP may be essential for all we know. I'd rather have the cash in he the bank.
    the overall value seems to be about the same for all the active players around here.

I don't overly disagree with most of your post, but Im sorry, I have to be pedantic here and point out that my original post contained an example, based on a sample size of about 26 very active players including 20 forum regulars, where the team value range from highest to lowest is 4m (after only 5 weeks as you said). A lot sit around the 102m mark while a few are sitting nearer 103.5, several under 101m and one at 99.5. So I'm gonna have to say that that last statement is simply not correct... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Wildcarded a few weeks back. 103.3 with 0.3 in the bank. 101.7 resale value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

I'm up to 102.9 million. 2.6 million in the bank. 101.1 million sale value

Wildcard still available

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

remoteboy wrote: »
    Wildcarded a few weeks back. 103.3 with 0.3 in the bank. 101.7 resale value.
    Very nice indeed. Makes my 102.1 look a tad bit pathetic.

Gaining steadily since my wildcard 2 weeks ago. Total now 103.7 with 101.5 resale. Not as high as some but I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have been making slow but steady gains so far

up to 102.9 overall

with 101.1 resale value, hopefully wind up with an extra 2/2.5mil to play with when using the Jan WC

£103.1m total value, £101.1m resale.

Just checked my last year values. Was at £103.8m for GW6 (£102.7m this year) and at £105.2m for GW7.
    I don't know if many WC are played in between international breaks but it may not be the only new criteria explainig the slow down in price rises this year. Maybe they implemented back the weighting for second (and over) rise/fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

resale value of 100.5 post WC
    team value 101.5
    0.5 ITB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

103.6 Team value with a resale of 101.8. Not going great points wise due to some bad captain choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

103.1 team value and .4 in the bank.

Comes in at a resale value of: 101.5

The extra value that I've built up is already opening lots of options for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

AdMMM wrote: »
    103.1 team value and .4 in the bank.

Comes in at a resale value of: 101.5

The extra value that I've built up is already opening lots of options for me!

That's just it, that extra 1 or 2 in January can make all the difference.
    If you've got a high value team, its likely you already have most of the form players anyway, but it can be the difference between having Dzeko vs Aguero for the run in.

That's just it, that extra 1 or 2 in January can make all the difference.
    If you've got a high value team, its likely you already have most of the form players anyway, but it can be the difference between having Dzeko vs Aguero for the run in.

I'm not sure such a difference can be made this year with the slowing down of price rises. Think I'm about £2m short from my last year team value at the same time and I played the "same" game (GW3 WC, trying to get in the form players early on even for the odd pts hit)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pretty good blog post on FFF about distribution of funds on squad (Top 1000 v rest): http://fantasyfootballfix.com/blog-index/template-team-where-has-all-money-gone/

I'm on (price paid, current price):
    GK: 9.0m, 9.2m
    Def: 25.9m, 26.9m
    Mid: 37.7m, 40.0m
    Fwd: 27.3m, 28.3m

Team value is currently sitting at 105.0m with a resale value of 102.3m

Pretty good blog post on FFF about distribution of funds on squad (Top 1000 v rest): http://fantasyfootballfix.com/blog-index/template-team-where-has-all-money-gone/

I'm on (price paid, not current price):
    GK: 9.0m
    Def: 25.9m
    Mid: 37.7m
    Fwd: 27.3m

Team value is currently sitting at 105.0m with a resale value of 102.3m

Gk 9.0
    Def 21.5
    Mid 38.4
    Fwd 28.2

Also 105.0 (having just cashed out my profit on ADM)

Resale 102.5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

GK: 8.5
    Def: 24.0
    Mid: 38.6
    Fwd: 29.6

Team value 104.8, resale 102.6

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gk: 9.0m
    Def: 24.9m
    Mid: 37.9m
    Fwd: 25.6m

Team value: 104.2m, Resale: 102.0m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Resale 101.9

I've taken cashed my profits on Clyne and Sterling

I've taken a big hit value wise by holding on to Costa. I hope he repays me against QPR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

102 resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Resale 101.4
    Gks 9.1
    Defs 20.8
    Mids 40.3
    Atts 31.2
    Values are on resale value.
    All out attack for me.

I assume everyone is adding the resale values to get the totals, busts. It wouldn't exactly be accurate otherwise.

Gk - 9.6
    def - 23.7
    mid - 37.4
    fw - 31.0

Total = 101.7
    Team value = 104.1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I assume everyone is adding the resale values to get the totals, busts. It wouldn't exactly be accurate otherwise.

Gk - 9.6
    def - 23.7
    mid - 37.4
    fw - 31.0

Total = 101.7
    Team value = 104.1

Not sure they are some of the totals don't make sense. It's probably down to having money left over in the bank I presume of which I have none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I was doing the price I paid for the players.

Advertisement