Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    I used it once. Didn't pay off! Had Debuchy and Ramsey injured, and Cabella not playing, a lot of dead money so it was worth a shot!

Capt. On ADM today, not logged in but in around 300 position I think

Aguero for myself around 500th myself. It would interesting to see how many active teams there are I would have thought people were less inclined to let their team die given they bought in and there is always a monthly prize. Even with a fair amount of money out injured it feels hard to justify what would almost certainly have to be two loans when there are still so many decent players available who can play and unlike FPL you normally don't start the week with the same team you finish it with.

KevIRL wrote: »
    3 injuries at the mo, can deal with them all in the squad McCarthy (QPR), Jelavic and Hutton

Havent used the loan system yet thankfully. Touch wood

Jelavic is such a perfect UFPL player shame we're having to go without him right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Forgot to set my team, most of them playing MD2, Aguero on the bench. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Barnes and Guzan both in the reserves with 8. Ugh. 47 with Kun and Green to play, and bench options tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

67 after today

Will likely make at least 3 subs with a cost of 5 points, although possible 4 subs for a cost of 9 points

• Advertisement

Up to 33rd overall. Rise of 6 places

75 but have a few changes to make. Throwing in Vlaar becuase kompany got injured worked out well enough.

Boyd, Green, Ivan, Sterling, Fab OUT Krul, Wisdom, Cabella, Siggy, Welbeck IN

Ramsey and Ade staying on my bench. 49pts (14 sacrificed) with 5 to play it is then

Chadli, siggy and wellbeck replace dimichelles, fab and Boyd for a 5 point hit. 62 now with those 3 left

Chadli, siggy and wellbeck replace dimichelles, fab and Boyd for a 5 point hit. 62 now with those 3 left

Looks like 86 for the week

• Advertisement

Looks like 86 for the week

you're absolutely flyin Kev. 73 here gotta be happy with that all the same should see green arrows

you're absolutely flyin Kev. 73 here gotta be happy with that all the same should see green arrows

Teams are so similar now I can't see that score getting me back into the top 20 even. Just have to try maintain position and keep making the correct capt and subs choices as much as possible and then use the transfers in Jan to mix things up a bit.

Teams are so similar now I can't see that score getting me back into the top 20 even. Just have to try maintain position and keep making the correct capt and subs choices as much as possible and then use the transfers in Jan to mix things up a bit.

you're well in the mix there's no reason ya can't win it (i'm not even countin' myself out!) there's massive scope for differentiation within this game, and that even goes for squads that may be very similar, what with how you set up your squad and reserves week to week, and captain choice(s). i can't wait for the next window to come all the same have a few expensive duds that i need to ship quick smart!

fell 70 places! balls to that!

28th overall now. A rise of 11 places

99 for the week second time in a few weeks ive had a gw rank of 17! If it wasnt for two horror show weeks early on I'd be right up there. Plenty of time to make up for them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

81 points this week following a few much needed loan signings, I've fallen 2k in the rankings but confident the new lads can help me back into top 1k.

pity anyone who has Sturridge in this. massive amount of budget to be tied up in a crock

pity anyone who has Sturridge in this. massive amount of budget to be tied up in a crock

Yeh especially if you were thinking of ditching him a couple of weeks back and thought nah he'll be back soon!

already looking forward to some possible loans. far too many injuries or non-players in my squad. below are the issues facing me with my squad:

def: Moore(dropped), Bruce(hardly playing), Debuchy(injured). Lovren/Ivan/Duff/Hutton/Wisdom my other defenders. Not enough depth!

mid: Cabella (expensive with v little returns), Ramsey (expensive, shady form), Boyd (bench-fodder mostly), Tadic (unfavourable fixtures)

fwd: Adebayor (expensive, v little returns to date!), Welbeck (game-time doubts with Giroud back). Remaining strikers are Aguero/Costa (no complaints there!), and 2 cheapies (Barnes/Zamora)

i'm thinking:

gw13-16
    Cabella and Debuchy OUT, Downing and Baines IN (20pt hit over 4 gameweeks)

gw17-20
    Adebayor and Cabella OUT, Austin and Silva IN (20pt hit..... )
    + maybe Moore out for 5M def (e.g. Caulker or Isla) for an extra 10pts...

have perused the fixtures and this suits me in terms of extra options, and getting in some form players in place of non-performers/duds to tide me over til we get our January transfers. like in the main game the festive fixture frenzy could be crucial, real make-or-break time

oh and selecting the order of your subs carefully on the days (e.g. GW18) where all teams play simultaneously will be important!

• Advertisement

3 changes made in advance of tomorrow's games

Moore, Siggy and Aguero out - Lovren, Sterling(C) and Adebayor in

Sitting on a pretty meagre 40 with those 3 to go; Guzan/Hutton/Tadic all additional options for Mondays' game

50 after today. Gonna have sterling, lamela and one of ade/jelavic. That will have me starting tomorrow at 42 points with a capt to play.

Dropped to 34th overall after today's games

Down 5 places to 39th aftrr today. GW score also went down to 48 thanks to ade not playing and lamela/sterling just getting 2 points each.

Just Hutton and Clyne left to play tomorrow will cost me 2 points to bring them both on and may as well captain one of them. Prob clyne

64 points with Clyne left to play, could have been better if 3 of my 5 loan players werent injured!

42 pts with Hutton and Tadic(C) to play. hideous

42 pts with Hutton and Tadic(C) to play. hideous

Not the worst week to have a mare I'm on 36 with pelle (c) and Tadic to go. Haven't dropped too much though.

63 for the week in the end thanks to captain clyne :)

ya jambag :p haha up to 53 myself with captain Tadic. funnily enough Clyne (who i transferred out GW4) has cost me quite big my defense has let me down big time in this

Jam bag!! Aguero>Jelavic>Pelle was my armband journey this week. Fun times!! 47 for the week just as I was turning things around dammit!!

• Advertisement

75 for me, I captained Clyne for the laugh too 😀

Advertisement