Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Liam O wrote: »
    If anyone has reserved and wont be taking up the offer can you please PM me as it says out of stock everyone i try in Dublin city

I just tried jervis and st. stephens green... both say stock on Monday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

I reckon they (argos) made an error??, I seriously doubt ALL the stores in Ireland are sold out of this item so quickly! more likely they realized they made a mistake and will rectify price on Monday.

I tried to order few mins after OP posted, got the ''Can be ordered for collection Monday 6th''

If someone has reserved 1 and does not want it can they PM me please :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

I reserved one in Longford but won't make it down - if anyone wants it PM me (I didn't PM the people who requested as I figured the location would be an issue).
    btw, I reserved this one at about 10.30 yesterday evening, so doesn't look like Argos pulled it - more likely a boards plunder's responsible for the depleted stocks.

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

If anyone has one reserved in the dublin area and does not want it can they send me a pm,
    Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

I am getting out of stock for any branch i tyr. If anyone has reserved it and changed their mind, can you please send me a PM as well. I'd be much obliged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I didn't think this was a misprice. Endgadet reported the price would be $330:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/04/acer-aspire-one-d255-with-dual-core-atom-hits-at-330/

..which in fairness is dearer, but not much so I thought "maybe it's just a decent reduction, fair play Argos". Then I checked the Argos UK site:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5084265/Trail/searchtext%3EACER+ONE+D255.htm

£279. So I doubt anyone will get it for €224, certainly not when they start wondering why they have to deliver 50 of them to Dublin on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sappy404 wrote: »

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/04/acer-aspire-one-d255-with-dual-core-atom-hits-at-330/

..which in fairness is dearer, but not much so I thought "maybe it's just a decent reduction, fair play Argos". Then I checked the Argos UK site:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5084265/Trail/searchtext%3EACER+ONE+D255.htm

£279. So I doubt anyone will get it for €224, certainly not when they start wondering why they have to deliver 50 of them to Dublin on Monday.

I dunno. I bought a camera lens (flagged here) in Argos a couple of years ago, and it was much cheaper here than in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Sappy404 wrote: »

Padraig Mor is right, remember the Samsung 46" Argos price differential between the UK & Ireland that caused a feeding frenzy here couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Have one reserved from yesterday.

But I must get it today and not Monday like others.

Not 100% sure if I need it though,does anyone know if the battery will really last 8 hours ? Has wireless built in doesn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Picked one up at the reserved reduced price

won't have a chance to look at it till later though

• Advertisement

I can take one in either Athlone or Longford store, if anyone has a reserve code please PM me

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Same here, if anyone has 1 reserved for collection in Blanchardstown and cannot make it can they please PM the reservation code.
    Would brave the weather to get one of these at that price!!!!
    Thanks a Mil
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Interested in one if there is a spare going in Cork Please...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Have one reserved from yesterday.

But I must get it today and not Monday like others.

Not 100% sure if I need it though,does anyone know if the battery will really last 8 hours ? Has wireless built in doesn't it ?

Prob last 8 hours if you have all energy saving settings turned on, but that would include turning wifi off :)
    Yes all netbooks (i believe) come with wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Thanks to the op,reserved it in childers road yesterday evening(last one apparently)and picked it up this morning for 225 euro.I Also asked the girl who served me if I ordered another one what the price would be and she said it would be 399 euro so thanks again to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

If anyone wants a reservation code for Galway send me a pm.
    I've decided not to buy it as I've really no use for the thing.

Code expires at close of business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I have one ordered but its for delivery on Tuesday

I wonder could some one scan / take a pic of the receipt , those people who managed to collect today

Just might be useful in persauding re the price ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I wonder could some one scan / take a pic of the receipt , those people who managed to collect today

Cheers

Can you order online or do you have to go into a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Cheers

Will pm you one later, just picked up the last one in castlebar.@€;225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

allimac wrote: »
    I Also asked the girl who served me if I ordered another one what the price would be and she said it would be 399 euro so thanks again to the op.

The First rule of Bargain Alerts is you DO NOT talk about bargain alerts.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

allimac wrote: »
    Thanks to the op,reserved it in childers road yesterday evening(last one apparently)and picked it up this morning for 225 euro.I Also asked the girl who served me if I ordered another one what the price would be and she said it would be 399 euro so thanks again to the op.

I dont understand why this would be the case. Its still at the discounted price on the website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kendragon wrote: »
    I dont understand why this would be the case. Its still at the discounted price on the website.

By the time stock comes in imagine, offer would be over. And argos have the price on the day you pay term

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kendragon wrote: »

Beacuse they change their sale prices every week, new "bargains" go up on Wednesday

wouldn't be too disappointed if you miss out on this. atom dual core is only 10% faster in performance tests than normal single core atoms. you can get a single core atom netbook for the €225 if you look around anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

€334 now.

Not so much of a deal. Must have been a misprint.

where you see that?

still 224 on argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

I can't even manage to reserve one anywhere anymore. Still says 225 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

Guys, 2 left in Liffey Valley for collection today or tomorrow! (at 224.99 euro)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Stock seems to be gone nationwide, till monday

• Advertisement

Just reserved 3! :)

Advertisement