Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options
  • 01-12-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

The first time ever I've seen a dual core Atom in a netbook. The price seems to be right:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5084265.htm

And the best: it's actually available in a number of Argos stores right now and can be ordered in the others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Quaderno wrote: »
    The first time ever I've seen a dual core Atom in a netbook. The price seems to be right:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5084265.htm

And the best: it's actually available in a number of Argos stores right now and can be ordered in the others.

looks like maybe a misprice, 175 reduction instead of 75? but worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Worth a shot. Reserved one for collection. If I get it for that money, happy days. If not well I don't really need it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

wont let me order it> must have been a mistake. did anyone get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats a super deal, snap it up while they dont notice

The dual core means a useful performance upgrade over the single core n450, still nowhere near a laptop but a welcome improvement none the less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

i reserved one.:D

same price coming up for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

reseved one at 225. will they honour this? or have they got history of messing around with prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

emo72 wrote: »
    wont let me order it> must have been a mistake. did anyone get it?

Hey Emo, if you are near blanchardstown S.C , I've just reserved you one. PM for reservation number if you want it ;)

emo72 wrote: »
    reseved one at 225. will they honour this? or have they got history of messing around with prices.

This reservation relates to the item(s) only, not the price. The item(s) have not been paid for and the price you pay is the price valid in store when the goods are collected. This may result in the price being different, for example after a promotion that was valid at the time the goods were reserved has ended. Please take your reservation number to the store as you will need it to collect your item(s).

says this at the end of the email reservation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one I ordered isnt for collection til monday, might be gone back up in price by then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

one I ordered isnt for collection til monday, might be gone back up in price by then

How did you get a reservation till monday ? I thought that the reserve lasted for 24hrs ?

Also, i'd imaging that if you print off your reservation mail with the pricing details, you'd be OK...no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

would there be much of a difference beteen this and the samsung n130. I know the hard drive is bigger but would there be a massive difference with processor speed and quality of display, sound etc:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

dodzy wrote: »
    How did you get a reservation till monday ? I thought that the reserve lasted for 24hrs ?

Also, i'd imaging that if you print off your reservation mail with the pricing details, you'd be OK...no ?

No binding contract 'til €€ has changed hands.

They're perfectly within their rights to deny you that price when you go to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

see this in T+C's

Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

evening, just reserved one there to be collected from Ilac Store & they wount have it in stock till monday, so fingers crossed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

got this on my confirmation email

"This will be held at the store for collection from Monday, December 6th 2010 to Thursday, December 9th 2010"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Yup,

Thats what I got sure its a no lose situation only if they change the price for us boardies....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just to add it should come with a free copy of Norton Internet for Netbooks ( in a separate pack).
    You might have to ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Got the same email Hopefully it all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well at the moment " This item is out of stock and could not be reseved" is coming up, so they noticed something...I think. Or its been max ordered already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

all unavailable in the limerick stores anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1 68TR

Too good of an offer to resist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just to add it should come with a free copy of Norton Internet for Netbooks ( in a separate pack).
    You might have to ask for it.

Hardly woth the hassle really. I can't say for sure but it's probably more bloated than it needs to be like the normal Norton and it will be popping up asking you to buy as soon as the sub runs out..

Just as easy to install Microsoft security essentials for free and not worry about it again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Redisle wrote: »

Just as easy to install Microsoft security essentials for free and not worry about it again.

Wouldn't touch a "free" copy of norton. It'll just start hassling you to buy it in a year, and it's a bit shite anyway. MS security essentials is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

It says
    Sorry, the following item(s) are now out of stock and could not be reserved
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

This is a very good offer, will buy the missus one (yeah).

Until I have it here in my hands I reserve jusgement, but usually Argos are ok. Netbooks seem to be the way to go, at least when you walk into PC World :rolleyes: they seem to be the first thing you see.

Good spot OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Coming up as out of stock for me aswell. (Athlone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If anyone has reserved and wont be taking up the offer can you please PM me as it says out of stock everyone i try in Dublin city

Advertisement