Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Self Employed people HAVE to pay it, Otherwise no Tax Clearance cert......

Bastards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Your a tax evader and your on here preaching for others to pay their household charge here. You haven't a leg to stand on.

If you say so. I'm happy that my argument is valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

They also mandated lowering social welfare, public sector wages and pensions. If they were in here they would have already tackled those.
    They are in here.

Is that the case? - I thought it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

alastair wrote: »
    If you say so. I'm happy that my argument is valid.

Do you or do you not owe money to a local authority in another country? Your fines and penalties must be added up.

• Advertisement

Bastards. :(

Rubbish. Has a failure to pay motor tax or TV licence ever popped up as an issue with your tax clearance cert? It's got nothing to do with your tax clearance cert.

Do you or do you not owe money to a local authority in another country? Your fines and penalties must be added up.

I don't owe anything. I paid my rates.

dvpower wrote: »
    They are in here.

I know but they have given the government leeway in how it reduces its deficit. They still have commitments to meet on reducing our expenditure which as of now we have not met. I for one hope they stay here until the job of public sector reform is completed as we are not cabable of achieving it ourselves. Too many vested interests.

And your poll tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Based on where we were three weeks ago, I guess Phil will actually be quite pleased with a 50% compliance rate (and it will now inevitably rise to 60-70% compliance, even before any enforcement commences).

It's here to stay now for sure.

For those who advocate the No position, I guess they can now refer to it as the Eur111 household charge, as that liability will sits on their dwelling within 30 minutes. Let the enforcement campaign commence, and everyone who is complying should play their own role in this respect.

This charge should be increased to 1/8th of 1% of the property value for the 31 March 2013 deadline, and to 1/4 of 1% of property value by 31 March 2014. Relatively small money for each contributor, and will make some impact on our collective deficit.

For the record, once we are in balance, we should default on the Bank debt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I never declared ignorance of the law in relation to the poll tax - quite the opposite. I was well aware of the law.

Yes - the poll tax was unfair, unlike this tax.

Accusing me of hypocrisy doesn't actually make me a hypocrite - it's just more name-calling.

But you are hypocritical. Its not name calling. I base the hypocritical reference on your postings. You decided the poll tax was unfair, and didnt pay.

Yet you think its fair to tax somone on the wealth of their negative equity home. As i said, your the most hypocritical poster i seen in my time on boards, by a very long way.

And you tried to slither out of this now with more rubbish about how you decide the poll tax is unfair so you dont pay, but this tax is fair, and tell us all to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭apache6

robbie7730 wrote: »
    But you are hypocritical. Its not name calling. I base the hypocritical reference on your postings. You decided the poll tax was unfair, and didnt pay.

Yet you think its fair to tax somone on the wealth of their negative equity home. As i said, your the most hypocritical poster i seen in my time on boards, by a very long way.

And you tried to slither out of this now with more rubbish about how you decide the poll tax is unfair so you dont pay, but this tax is fair, and tell us all to pay.

robbie, don't waste your time mate, some people are just a waste of time.
    Lackeys !

Yea, of course you did. Except unfair ones.

That's right. Where does the hypocrisy arise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ghandee wrote: »
    Before his guaranteed pension I presume?

If we vote properly next time we may not need worry about that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Your a tax evader and your on here preaching for others to pay their household charge here. You haven't a leg to stand on.

*opens new beer/gets popcorn*

That's right. Where does the hypocrisy arise?

In every post you have written.

Well at least i wont expect a spell check as a way to point out my inferiority this time:D

squod wrote: »
    If we vote properly next time we may not need worry about that happening.
    Its only 'proper' when you win? I think you may need to return to the practice of 'vote early, vote often'.

dvpower wrote: »
    Its only 'proper' when you win? I think you may need to return to the practice of 'vote early, vote often'.

.....and for you it's proper when everyone loses but FF/FGs mates!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

*Turns up AC/DC even louder* I guess.

I'm glad I'm not your neighbour.

Some of us have kids that get up at 7am, so I'm off to bed.

In summary a resounding victory for every right-thinking Irish man.

Goodnight.

I let the electorate decide, and then respect their decision. You?

*Turns up AC/DC even louder* I guess.

I'm glad I'm not your neighbour.

Some of us have kids that get up at 7am, so I'm off to bed.

In summary a resounding victory for every right-thinking Irish man.

Goodnight.

Goodnite francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

It can be hard to adjust to democracy and the law of the land, but hang in there.

democracy - the grand illusion.

It can be hard to adjust to democracy and the law of the land.

So alastair was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Ha, ha, blackfrancis, dvpower. I'm reminded of the bunker in Berlin, 1945. Right up to the end, with the Russians hammering on the door the illusion continues, right up to the end.

Well we Russians have spoken.

xflyer wrote: »
    Ha, ha, blackfrancis, dvpower. I'm reminded of the bunker in Berlin, 1945. Right up to the end, with the Russians hammering on the door the illusion continues, right up to the end.

Well we Russians have spoken.

They would love Argentina, very similar to old ireland. Corrupt and incompetent.

It can be hard to adjust to democracy and the law of the land, but hang in there.

So you accept the majority of the population do not want to pay a household charge and their views should be enforced?

• Advertisement

So alastair was saying.

Quite - for some anyway, who live in a fantasy where the government is 'undemocratic' because they don't want to stump up €100.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement