Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What I meant was am I better off buying them now or leaving it a few months? I've never used a ticket reseller before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well it depends how the Seahawks, 49ers and Steelers are doing closer to the game. If they are doing poorly then the ticket price will likely drop. If they are doing well (likely in the case of the Seahawks at least) the prices will go up.

Also Thanksgiving is a big deal in the US so there may be a higher demand for tickets around this time. Also the 49ers/Seahawks game is a big game regardless so I wouldn't expect prices to drop too much for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

did i hear that both packers and lions are playing 3 times in 12 days?? player safety get ****ed eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

did i hear that both packers and lions are playing 3 times in 12 days?? player safety get ****ed eh??

player safety only matters when they can fine the players for it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Giants are playing three times in first 11 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

A good write up on how it takes over 4 months to come up with an acceptable schedule: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/22/nfl-schedule-release-pope/

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Anyone got experience of getting tickets on Stubhub or the official exchange? I've friends who are moving to Seattle so I was going to go visit them around Thanksgiving but was holding off on the NFL fixtures being announced. The Seahawks are home both weekends bookending Thanksgiving vs 49ers and vs the Steelers so I've my pick of games. tickets are already up on both sites but I don't know whether to jump on now or see if the prices drop a bit once the initial excitement of them being available has dropped off a bit.

I've read that getting them the week before is the best way to get them closer to face value but I'm not that ballsy :)

I'm not sure on Seahawks tickets but for the majority of teams, the regular season tickets haven't gone on sale on Ticketmaster yet.

It could be possible you could get the tickets for face value through ticketmaster. So i'd explore the official route first before going to the ticket tout website.

The Patriots have a 10 year waiting list for season tickets but each June they sell a small amount of to the general public on Ticketmaster. I try to get them in June and if they sell out before i get them, then i look at the ticket tout websites. I presume the Seahawks could do something similar.

FYI Seatgeek.com is a good website if you end up going the ticket tout way as it compares all the sites together and if you stalk the tickets for the game you want on there for a couple of weeks, you'll see how much the prices fluctuate and you should be able to save yourself some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Great advice. Thanks. Been to a couple of games in Europe but I can't wait to go to a 'proper' game in the US.

apparently the eagles couldn't play home in weeks 1 and 4 due to baseball games but more interestingly the archbishop of philly sent a letter to roger goodell asking that the eagles play away in week 3 as as the pope is giving a mass in philly that weekend

also the only time the eagles leave the eastern time zone is away to dallas that could be a huge help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hardy suspended for 10 games.. Cowboys... Ouch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Interesting but not shocking.. from another boards forum

7858_1251_500.jpeg

Almost karma

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some fella on reddit analysed the rest period of teams, and their opponents, before games and came up with the below. Seattle coming out the worst, and Panthers the best.

Here it is, for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Mate asking me about getting tickets for a reg season Giants game. Any advice i can offer lads? I get my Pats ones through family

Stubhub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Under the rules they released last ear first time offenders are given 6 games, they added 4 on as they found 4 instances where he assaulted her they say, so that will be 25 games it will of cost him, but hey he has talent right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

nerd69 wrote: »

The mock up and BS around it exists but imho this stadium will never happen. If there is indeed an NFL team in LA in the next 3 yrs say, it will be via Kroenke's Inglewood plan. Carson will not fly.

• Advertisement

See this?

Tottenham consider sharing new £400m stadium with NFL London franchise
    • Tottenham's new £400m stadium due to be completed for 2018-19 season
    • NFL said to be within five years of having a franchise in London
    • Wembley Stadium currently hosts NFL International Series games
    • Three regular-season NFL games will be played in London this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Knex. wrote: »
    See this?

Tottenham consider sharing new £400m stadium with NFL London franchise
    • Tottenham's new £400m stadium due to be completed for 2018-19 season
    • NFL said to be within five years of having a franchise in London
    • Wembley Stadium currently hosts NFL International Series games
    • Three regular-season NFL games will be played in London this year

I think it would be good for everyone if they can push ahead with building the Naming Rights Stadium.

I love Steve Weatherford

https://instagram.com/p/1ytboHnewf/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

player safety only matters when they can fine the players for it

Truer words were never spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/darren-sproles-2005-nfl-draft-chargers/

interesting article by darren sproles titled "dont sleep on the little guy"

dion jordan suspended for the season for substance abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

dion jordan suspended for the season for substance abuse

Pity the Eagles hadn't traded for him before he was suspended.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Pity the Eagles hadn't traded for him before he was suspended.

:D I disagree.

Those Eagles trading for dion story's have been there consistently since the day they where drafted I don't think it was happening at all to be honest

• Advertisement

The Jets were fined $100,000 for tampering.

Ridiculous it took months for the NFL to come to this conclusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement