Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I always had quite chunky calfs so when i got a compliment over Christmas that my legs looked Fab i was over the moon

I have chunky calves as well. What exercise do you do to tone them up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, well done to everyone who had a loss this week, have my wi on thursday so fingers crossed, been 1 or 2 points under the last few days so hoping that will cover me for the blow out i had on friday night. Dont know if anyone has bought the cooking for 2 book at there meeting but the goulash and the red pork are lovely, i can post up the recipe if anyone wants them, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Morning ladies (and gents)

I have a very early start this morning. (most of you will notice this from the fact that my first post of the day is usually @ about 10! :D ) So, since today is WI I am EXTRA prepared for today.

Have a meeting at 9, so instead of diving into the scones and danishes I have a fruit salad all chopped up that I can pick at. I have my lunch made too, so no excuses to hit Spar or Centra for a roll/sambo...

Did my 50 min walk yesterday and did 30 mins on Wii fit last night (my arms are killing me this morning :P ) Have just looked at my activity points log and weeklies chart. I have used 13 weeklies and earned 19 activity points... so I suppose they even out and im still in the plus... Really hope so.

So motivated by all the great WI's yesterday and over the last few days.... hopefully I will end up losing something tonight.... fingers crossed... :D

Good luck to anyone having their WI this morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone!!

Well I did it I rejoined ww! Well the Australian ww! It seems that the pp are a bit diff here have you guys seen the new orange folder ? If so then it's the same 2012 program everywhere can someone verify this for me? Like here chicken fillets 6pm for 200g is that the same as Ireland now any help would b great!?

Had good day am still on 29 pp so have eaten them already might have a try of a ww bar Oz style later thinking I should defo be more aware of my weeklies this time around and not take the p**s!!

Move more eat less and no picking in work (very hard when you work in hospitality) booo!! ;-)

Starting my first full time job this week too excited and it will defo give me a routine :-)

Well done on all the fab losses iv been reading you guys have been doin brill!! You'd should be delighted!!

Onwards and Downwards!! It's kilos here thou which still confuses me ;-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Heading down to my WI now shortly - yikes! Then have app in gym to get measured to see if I'm making any progress off the scales! Have dinners planned for next few days, trying to stay on top of it. Here goes....!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ShindyB wrote: »
    Heading down to my WI now shortly - yikes! Then have app in gym to get measured to see if I'm making any progress off the scales! Have dinners planned for next few days, trying to stay on top of it. Here goes....!

Good luck Shindy!! :D

Had my WI and down 1.5 :D Am delighted! Was so very happy to see that on the scales. Have had a total attitude adjustment since last week (when i was disappointed with the same number). I managed to lose 1.5, go out for 2 course dinner twice and have a girly night one night. Bring on the next week :)

Good Luck with everyones WI and well done on the losses so far!

Fantastic news Tiny! That'll keep me motivated for another while ;)

ali85 wrote: »
    Morning ladies (and gents)

I have a very early start this morning. (most of you will notice this from the fact that my first post of the day is usually @ about 10! :D ) So, since today is WI I am EXTRA prepared for today.

Have a meeting at 9, so instead of diving into the scones and danishes I have a fruit salad all chopped up that I can pick at. I have my lunch made too, so no excuses to hit Spar or Centra for a roll/sambo...

Did my 50 min walk yesterday and did 30 mins on Wii fit last night (my arms are killing me this morning :P ) Have just looked at my activity points log and weeklies chart. I have used 13 weeklies and earned 19 activity points... so I suppose they even out and im still in the plus... Really hope so.

So motivated by all the great WI's yesterday and over the last few days.... hopefully I will end up losing something tonight.... fingers crossed... :D

Good luck to anyone having their WI this morning!!!

Yoi're some woman heading out in the freezing cold! I couldn't make myself do it last night! Then thought I'll do my Davina video, but after dinner we just curled up on the couch and watched a new show Suits. Very bad I know, but on the upside, great show! Really need to motivate myself on the exercise front, help! :o

Hello everyone!!

Well I did it I rejoined ww! Well the Australian ww! It seems that the pp are a bit diff here have you guys seen the new orange folder ? If so then it's the same 2012 program everywhere can someone verify this for me? Like here chicken fillets 6pm for 200g is that the same as Ireland now any help would b great!?

Had good day am still on 29 pp so have eaten them already might have a try of a ww bar Oz style later thinking I should defo be more aware of my weeklies this time around and not take the p**s!!

Move more eat less and no picking in work (very hard when you work in hospitality) booo!! ;-)

Starting my first full time job this week too excited and it will defo give me a routine :-)

Well done on all the fab losses iv been reading you guys have been doin brill!! You'd should be delighted!!

Fair play to you Shelly on biting the bullet and going back! :D

And congratulations on starting the new job! I hope it goes really well for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone!!

Fair play to you Shelly on biting the bullet and going back! :D

And congratulations on starting the new job! I hope it goes really well for you! :D

Thanks Bailey Pants! It's definitely the Ozzie version read thru some material so it s all new but its a challenge and a step in the right direction hoping and I can survive the first week being so reliant on the books for pp not longer no them off!

Wooo in good spirits about all of it! :-)

• Advertisement

Yoi're some woman heading out in the freezing cold! I couldn't make myself do it last night! Then thought I'll do my Davina video, but after dinner we just curled up on the couch and watched a new show Suits. Very bad I know, but on the upside, great show! Really need to motivate myself on the exercise front, help! :o

Ha I just decided that seen as I hadn't done too much and i have a feeling TOTM is fairly imminent that I should take the bull by the horns and get moving. I am going to try and get into work earlier more often so I can get home and get a decent walk in the park before i settle in and get to comfy, well settle into homework and dinners ha! I'm on flexi time here so its really my own fault that I have to work late...too many late mornings... so maybe February is going to be a good month for me! :D

I don't watch that thing Suits, it looks good though, but I have been watching Alcatraz online and then of course there was Shameless and Republic of Telly lastnight... got the lunches done in the breaks hahaha! :D

Up 2lbs this morning :mad: Anyway drawing a line under it and moving on. Good luck to everyone else WI today.

Down 0.5lb - bit annoyed. Thought i'd get the 1lb but sure at least it was something! 4 weeks at it now though and have only lost 3.5lb - wee bit discouraging but hopefully february will be a better month!
    Just in from the gym now, instructor who was to do my measurements never showed up :mad: Annoying! Did my workout anyway though - this weeks meeting was all about moving more so gonna try my best. Still dosed up with sinuses and cough so energy a bit on the low side but hopefully as the week goes on I'll improve!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Damn, I've stayed the same! How is that possible!?! I wonder if it could be to do with TTOTM?

Shindy don't be too disheartened. At least it's in the right direction :) It could also be because of your cold so keep doing what you're doing.

Taz it probably is because of TOTM. I normally either sts or put up during my TOTM. At least you didn't gain and your good work will probably be reflected on the scales next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Shindy don't be too disheartened. At least it's in the right direction :) It could also be because of your cold so keep doing what you're doing.

Taz it probably is because of TOTM. I normally either sts or put up during my TOTM. At least you didn't gain and your good work will probably be reflected on the scales next week :)

It's almost as annoying as putting on pounds, but I do know what ya mean!
    Hopefully! :D

You all have great attitudes ladies...

Eabhabear... you could have very easily thrown in the towel and not bothered going to WI (I know I did that many a time when I knew I was going to be up) But it shows you how motivated you are to keep going. 2lbs isn't too bad either... you are so right... everyone has a bad week every now and again the main thing is drawing a line under and starting again... im definitely due a dodgy week...

Jeepers I don't know how I even considered WW before without using this thread. Its great. I find it even more motivating than the classes. It's no wonder i fell off the wagon so many times before! :D

You lot are really inspirational! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Up 2lbs this morning :mad: Anyway drawing a line under it and moving on. Good luck to everyone else WI today.

Thats the best attitude to have. Get straight back into tracking and move on from it! Best of luck this week :-)
    Down 0.5lb - bit annoyed. Thought i'd get the 1lb but sure at least it was something! 4 weeks at it now though and have only lost 3.5lb - wee bit discouraging but hopefully february will be a better month!
    Just in from the gym now, instructor who was to do my measurements never showed up :mad: Annoying! Did my workout anyway though - this weeks meeting was all about moving more so gonna try my best. Still dosed up with sinuses and cough so energy a bit on the low side but hopefully as the week goes on I'll improve!

Whatever it is its still a minus figure so try not to get too discouraged. Once the scales are going in the right direction you are doing something right. 3.5lbs may not seem like much - but even pick up 3lbs of butter in the supermarket next time you are there and you will see how much that actually is!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Damn, I've stayed the same! How is that possible!?! I wonder if it could be to do with TTOTM?

STS is better than putting up, which is really easy to do when its TOTM. Just stick with it and the loss should show next week for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Went to Basketball last night... and had a great time... It was only an hour long and i did more running than i have done all year lol... just to get out and moving was great!! Really enjoyed it and slept like a log afterwards! Feel amazing today can not wait to again on Friday. This is just what i needed. :)

• Advertisement

Could be any numbedr of things that lead to that, so you're dead right to keep on going regardless! Hopefully it will catch up with you next week ;)

-0.5lb is the minimum I need to get my first silver seven, so I'll take that Shindy ;) You sound like you're doing great in the gym etc, so keep it up, it will show eventually and you can't buy good health! :D

Sure we know there are sooo many factors that can lead to a STS, try not to worry too much about it. You know what you're doing is great for your health firstly and the weight loss will follow. Hopefully it'll catch up with you next week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I was in your place 2 weeks ago so annoying, but your right, start fresh and you will see a loss this week! good luck and hope your feeling a bit better now!

I would say you will see your loss next week! don't worry about being down 3.5 that's still good in my book! I'm only down 2 it all adds up at the end of the day! you have the right attitude and you will see results! how annoying they let you down in the Gym! :mad: Plus you done brill to keep exercising when not feeling well!

STS annoying but better than being up! has to be TOTM onwards and downwards!
    Went to Basketball last night... and had a great time... It was only an hour long and i did more running than i have done all year lol... just to get out and moving was great!! Really enjoyed it and slept like a log afterwards! Feel amazing today can not wait to again on Friday. This is just what i needed. :)
    sounds brill Lisa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Does anyone have any idea how many pro points are in a chuppa chup lollipop. I have had one in my coat pocket for ages but I dont wanna eat it unless I know how to count it (and if its worth it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Does anyone have any idea how many pro points are in a chuppa chup lollipop. I have had one in my coat pocket for ages but I dont wanna eat it unless I know how to count it (and if its worth it)

From the calories on my fitness pal I would go with 1pp there shown up as between 46cals and 60cals

From the calories on my fitness pal I would go with 1pp there shown up as between 46cals and 60cals

That Fitness Pal is fab !! :D Just thought I'd say hee hee :p

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Down another pound last night! Slowly but surely!

I woke up with a throat infection this morning! Motivation gone out the window! Not one bit hungry!

Really hope i'll be okay for weigh in next week!

Anyone have any tips for keeping within points while being sick.. On antibiotics so the only good thing is I won't be using my weeklies for a night out over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

I always had quite chunky calfs so when i got a compliment over Christmas that my legs looked Fab i was over the moon

I have chunky calves as well. What exercise do you do to tone them up?

Eabhabear i go spinning once or twice a wk and walk 3-4 miles 3 nights a wk. Now they are defo more shapely but i wouldn't say i have Fab slender legs. They are much better than before. I actually really enjoy spinning.

Shindyb - a girl in my ww class started the gym & for about 4 wks she sts, our leader said that it can take a few wks for it to show on the scales so don't be disheartened, it will show soon. It can seem as though it's maximum effort, minimum results but it will just take your body some time to the adapt to the eating & exercise regime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Down another pound last night! Slowly but surely!

I woke up with a throat infection this morning! Motivation gone out the window! Not one bit hungry!

Really hope i'll be okay for weigh in next week!

Anyone have any tips for keeping within points while being sick.. On antibiotics so the only good thing is I won't be using my weeklies for a night out over the weekend

Really tasty soup and bread is what I lived on when I was sick. Would get the Cully and Sully soups (so you only had to heat them up). If you are not in the humour of eating, just try having a bit with your antibiotics. Perhaps some toast for breakfast, soup and sandwich for lunch and same again for dinner if you're not pushed making anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Monife wrote: »
    Really tasty soup and bread is what I lived on when I was sick. Would get the Cully and Sully soups (so you only had to heat them up). If you are not in the humour of eating, just try having a bit with your antibiotics. Perhaps some toast for breakfast, soup and sandwich for lunch and same again for dinner if you're not pushed making anything.

Totally agree with this, also I find that homemade juices are great when I'm sick and don't require a whole lot of effort. Just throw in a couple of apples, some ginger and lemon, a carrot maybe, and juice the lot. I've a Phillips Juicer that can take all that fruit without having to chop it! I always feel loads better after it! Love my juicer!

Feel better xx

i swear my body plays tricks on me... WI in an hour and i feel sooooo bloated n yuck!!!!

i swear my body plays tricks on me... WI in an hour and i feel sooooo bloated n yuck!!!!
    I felt like that on Tuesday and I managed to be down 5lbs. I think I'm so worried I won't be down, that my mind decides to make me feel bigger!
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Much to my astonishment I got on the scales and was down 3lb at my weigh in. :eek:

1.5lb to goal.

I can scarcely believe it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Much to my astonishment I got on the scales and was down 3lb at my weigh in. :eek:

1.5lb to goal.

Yay! That's great!! Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I always feel so bloated on WI day. So annoying!! Definitely must be the body/mind playing tricks on us... grrr!!

I felt like that on Tuesday and I managed to be down 5lbs. I think I'm so worried I won't be down, that my mind decides to make me feel bigger!
    Good luck!

thanks a mill. Just weighed in, down 1.5lb. Delighted! Very happy with that! 8.5lb down in four weeks.

Good luck to anyone else weighing in tonight, and well done to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hope everyone is going well!

I am just back from WI and lost 3lb..thats 15lb in 1 month, I am chuffed!
    I think the walking is really making a big difference.

Have to work tomorrow evening and will be gone from the house for hours with no access to cooking facilities, don't know what I am going to do for dinner!! :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

1.5lb to goal.

That is brilliant! Go you! :)
    Wow - 1.5lb to go?! Well done!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

twirlagig wrote: »
    That is brilliant! Go you! :)
    Wow - 1.5lb to go?! Well done!

Thanks! 29.5 lb lost since the start of September.

I've never been at goal before in the 10 years since I first joined WW.

Well done on all the losses peeps, and, for anyone facing their WI later, Good Luck! :)
    I was very bold over the weekend and it is TOTM time too, so I was dreading my WI this morning, but to my delight when I looked down (after FINALLY opening my eyes! ;)), I was 2 lbs down! Thrilled as this marks exactly my first stone gone! :D:D:D

Thanks! 29.5 lb lost since the start of September.

I've never been at goal before in the 10 years since I first joined WW.

You should be very proud of yourself! That is a huge achievement! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this morn....4th week in a row iv been 11 7, i was evn spinnin 3times over last week, fingers crossed itl start 2 show next week!
    Had the toughest spinning class EVER 2night, actualy almost feinted when i got off the bike!!!!! Hope it was worth it!!!!! :)

• Advertisement

well done on all the losses every one! :)

Im hoping I can make my WI tomorrow at WW, I have sick kids and hubby! so that means they are all out of school and My poor baby not well either hoping I can get round to my work out I will miss it this evening other wise !

Making yummy lasagna tonight for dinner with salad and butternut squash chips yummy!

Oh I made some cupcakes ww style earlier and I used the low fat butter from aldi! have to say its brill much better than low low, it worked better for, cupcakes were annihilated but not by me yay! :) had one! saving my pp for my lovely dinner!

Man its cold out tonight!

Thanks for all the support guys. I know exactly what caused it and it won't happen again.

Well done to all the fab losses this evening. Baby75 any chance you could post the recipe for the cupcakes and lasagna? I'm having friends over on Sat and I'm trying to come up with ideas for food.

Thanks for all the support guys. I know exactly what caused it and it won't happen again.

Well done to all the fab losses this evening. Baby75 any chance you could post the recipe for the cupcakes and lasagna? I'm having friends over on Sat and I'm trying to come up with ideas for food.

I will of course! I think the lasagna is on my blog in my signature! Ill post the cupcake recipe this evening! when I have both hands free! :) nursing a very cross baby at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Hi Everyone,
    Thought I should finally post here, I've been lurking since 3rd January when I finally decided that I had to make a more serious effort to loose a bit of weight. I have about 2 stone to loose to be a BMI 23. I'm doing WW@home and thanks to all you guys (I've been checking in regularly and using you to keep me on track ) I've lost 10lbs since then.

This is my second go around on WW, but this time it seems to be really working for me. I seem to be in the 'ww zone' hopefully I'll still be there when the weight loss starts to slow down too!!

I've been using some of the recipes here, reading your blogs and also making Operation Transformation dinners, yummy and healthy.

I hope to be posting in here more now, to receive and give support, you guys are my WW class

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

ok so here I am back AGAIN. I am joining ww tomorrow for about the 6th time in the past 10 years!!! I am already setting myself up for failure as everytime I have joined in the past I have lost a stone on average and then given up. Last time I think I only lost 9lbs before falling off the wagon :-(
    I am going to make a promise to myyself that this will be the last time I ever join and that if I don't reach my goal this time I pretty much never will.
    Roll on tomorrow for a fresh start to a new me (hopefully) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Well Done on all the losses!!....Great to log-in and read them....

Gives a bit of motivation....

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Down 1.5lb. Yay!! Broke the curse of the last couple of weeks, down a half up a half, was like a bleeding yo yo! I kind of plateau'ed but really busted a gut this week! I'm going keep the momentum going for the week to come as well! I only have to lose 2lb to lose the Xmas weight :o Slow I know but my body just wasn't playing ball and I kept at it. I have 9.5 left to get to goal and it's taken 7 months to lose 10 pounds :confused: was quicker and easier in my 20's :) Don't mind Im not in any hurry and it's a lifestyle thing so it's all good.

Emmmm freezing much tonight :(

Das Kitty - Well frigging done!! My god that's inspirational!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Up 1.5 last night. Its my time of the month so I'm surprised it wasn't more. It was a pretty crap week foodwise too. Planning a low carb week to give me a little kick.

Had a pretty horrible experience today on my way to work. I got myself a bike before Christmas and I cycle to work now. Its not very far but its uphill most of the way there so I can really feel it. I pass a secondary school on my way to work and on my late shifts all the students are heading back from lunch. Anyway today I was coming towards the traffic lights around the corner from my house, on the cycle path, and across the road there were 3 girls about 16 years old. One of them stopped and actually pointed at me and shouted "look at the state of her. FAT BITCH! FAT BITCH!" I was totally shocked but ignored them and crossed at the lights on to their side of the road. The ringleader then decided to yell "THE FAT BITCH IS COMING AFTER US. LEG IT!" So they all ran. Unfortunately I had to go the same way as they were to get to work. I went past them and ignored them and then listened to them roar "FATTY! FATTY!" until I was far enough away that I couldn't hear them anymore.

Now I've had people pass comment on my weight before but jesus, I have never experienced anything like that. I'm still in shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Boop22 wrote: »
    ok so here I am back AGAIN. I am joining ww tomorrow for about the 6th time in the past 10 years!!! I am already setting myself up for failure as everytime I have joined in the past I have lost a stone on average and then given up. Last time I think I only lost 9lbs before falling off the wagon :-(
    I am going to make a promise to myyself that this will be the last time I ever join and that if I don't reach my goal this time I pretty much never will.
    Roll on tomorrow for a fresh start to a new me (hopefully) :-)

Welcome back! Ahh don't be too hard on yourself. Like you said its a new start and a new you and I'm a firm believer in positive thinking. If your negative and thinking your going to fail before you begin then you will. But you won't because there's no reason you can't do it and you will :D And hey were always here to get you through it!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement