Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

matthew8 wrote: »
    but I don't remember anything particularly awesome about them.

My ears are burning

(I tried to let him score on one passing play).

Sometimes we let the opposition score just to be sporting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    My ears are burning

I was being too kind to your defense. That unit couldn't stop a cold. Pile of wasters.

EDIT: Just saw it was a friendly. But my comments still stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just updated the LM site guys.

Only three unbeaten records left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just left the franchise there so that the Colts can play their game against the cpu during the weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ravens at Titans rematch and the Titans receive cant do much and punt..

Ravens then throw an int.
    Johnson makes more yards in 2 plays than he does in the previous game and then goes in for a TD
    0-7 Titans

The Titans D then drop a pick which most certainly would have been returned for a TD. The Ravens are making fairly consistent yardage up the field..
    Then the Ravens throw another int and my D-man half a yard quicker would have been hard to catch.

Suggs is just stopping everything thats going near him today, he flattens CJ 3 tackles in a row! and the Titans punt.. after calling a TO as madden wanted a FG from the 53

Ravens are forced to punt.. spot the pattern.. this may be another 1 score game:eek:

More Titans punting..
    Ravens starting to cut the Titans D for some good yardage on the ground coming towards the end of the 2nd quarter.. they make a very big gain but get flagged and it comes back.

The Titans stop the Ravens for a FG with just just over 20 seconds on the clock in the quarter.
    Titans move it up the field but run out of TOs

Ravens to receive
    3-7 Titans

Terrible defending against the run allos the Ravens to run up the field on a small number of plays.

10-7 Ravens
    Johnson makes 2 massive plays a reception then a good 50 yard run to get the Titans up to the 13 yard line.. then he gets hit for a loss!
    Locker then hits Cook for a TD
    A penalty puts the Ravens on their own 9 starting their drive.

Rice kills me again and runs it in for a TD

17-14 Ravens

Paully keeps the ball and then kneels it out.

Good game paully!

Some stats..

Ravens 288 yards with 160 rushing
    Titans 206 yards with 102 rushing

Locker with a QB rating of 94 :cool:
    Flacco with 42
    Ray Rice gets 30 carries with 164 yards
    CJ goes 11 carries with 102 yard but 62 of those came on one run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

(friendly)
    Ravens (Paully D) @ Titans (kaiche)

Titans receive first.

I take a toss and CJ gets tackled for a 9 yard loss!
    He makes up for it on the next play with a big catch

The Titans make it just past midfield before they get stopped after a couple of sacks and have to punt.

The Ravens ground it out and make a good gain after a couple of plays and end at the 27 yard line.
    The Ravens go to the air to make a key 3rd down

The Ravens QB gets smashed just as he lets go and its almost caught. The titans D stops the run and the Ravens settle for a FG with 4:21 in the half.

Titans make good progress in the air and Britt converts an important 3rd down.

The Titans go for it on 4th around midfield and dont get it and we are inside the 2 minute mark

The Titans stop the ground game and force the Ravens to punt with 1:05 on the clock and the Titans take over on the 20 yard line.

Paully with 10 seconds left in the half I didnt realise i was going for it on 4th I thought it was 3rd down.. apologies i got distracted with wedding talk:o

Why did you take a knee?? Tactical :cool:

Ravens receive in the 2nd

On another day we'd have had a few ints..
    Titans D stop the ravens and they punt just on the edge on FG range

Shouldnt have said anything.. throw an int on my next possesion
    ...........and then so do the Ravens

The Titans punt and the force a QB fumble but the Ravens manage to recover and leave them on 3d and 13. Ravens are forced to punt.
    (not a game for the attacking teams anyway!)

The Titan offense is as poor in real life as it is in the fantasy franchise or its just me :o the Titans are forced to punt again but on the plus side the D is really stepping it up in the second half and force the Ravens to punt.

CJ makes a lot in the air despite being 11 carries for 15 yards!
    I get in FG range and lag fcuking kills me and i hit it short i only get to 50% power and it drops just under the bar.

The Titans stop the ravens run game and they have to punt.
    The Titans have 78 seconds to get 80 yards!
    Titans cant get anything going and make it a total of 1 yard in 4 plays and give the Ravens the ball on the 21...
    Ravens kneel it out and another very poor Titans performance..

Ravens 3- Titan 0
    Well done Paully, you were worth the win on your first half performance anyway i couldnt deal with your run game.

Some stats..
    Ravens 137 yards offense with 100 rushing
    Titans with 142 yards but 16 rushing

We'll mic up next time
    Ravens at Titans rematch and the Titans receive cant do much and punt..

Ravens then throw an int.
    Johnson makes more yards in 2 plays than he does in the previous game and then goes in for a TD
    0-7 Titans

The Titans D then drop a pick which most certainly would have been returned for a TD. The Ravens are making fairly consistent yardage up the field..
    Then the Ravens throw another int and my D-man half a yard quicker would have been hard to catch.

Suggs is just stopping everything thats going near him today, he flattens CJ 3 tackles in a row! and the Titans punt.. after calling a TO as madden wanted a FG from the 53

Ravens are forced to punt.. spot the pattern.. this may be another 1 score game:eek:

More Titans punting..
    Ravens starting to cut the Titans D for some good yardage on the ground coming towards the end of the 2nd quarter.. they make a very big gain but get flagged and it comes back.

The Titans stop the Ravens for a FG with just just over 20 seconds on the clock in the quarter.
    Titans move it up the field but run out of TOs

Ravens to receive
    3-7 Titans

Terrible defending against the run allos the Ravens to run up the field on a small number of plays.

10-7 Ravens
    Johnson makes 2 massive plays a reception then a good 50 yard run to get the Titans up to the 13 yard line.. then he gets hit for a loss!
    Locker then hits Cook for a TD
    A penalty puts the Ravens on their own 9 starting their drive.

Rice kills me again and runs it in for a TD

17-14 Ravens

Paully keeps the ball and then kneels it out.

Good game paully!

Some stats..

Ravens 288 yards with 160 rushing
    Titans 206 yards with 102 rushing

Locker with a QB rating of 94 :cool:
    Flacco with 42
    Ray Rice gets 30 carries with 164 yards
    CJ goes 11 carries with 102 yard but 62 of those came on one run

Thanks for the games and the write ups Heli, really enjoyed playing human V human games against people that play the game properly.

The first game was full of atrocious offense, don't worry about the going for it on 4th, the only reason I took a knee with 10 seconds left was because I wasn't 100% sure if the franchise rules would allow me to throw a few long bombs at the end, so I decided to take the safer route and just kneel as I was getting the ball back at kick off anyway.

The second one was much better but I was banging my head off a wall after the first drive for me lead to an INT and then you ran in for a TD a couple of plays later. I was thinking that I could be in trouble, but Rice dug me out of a whole. The Ravens D is great on the game (just like in real life :)).

Is it just me or does the CPU very rarely catch an INT even when the ball is straight at them? I reckon we could have had about 7 or 8 turnovers each and was squirming every time the ball was heading towards a defender :pac:

Thanks again for the games and hopefully we'll play again soon!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    The first game was full of atrocious offense, don't worry about the going for it on 4th, the only reason I took a knee with 10 seconds left was because I wasn't 100% sure if the franchise rules would allow me to throw a few long bombs at the end, so I decided to take the safer route and just kneel as I was getting the ball back at kick off anyway.

The second one was much better but I was banging my head off a wall after the first drive for me lead to an INT and then you ran in for a TD a couple of plays later. I was thinking that I could be in trouble, but Rice dug me out of a whole. The Ravens D is great on the game (just like in real life :)).

Is it just me or does the CPU very rarely catch an INT even when the ball is straight at them? I reckon we could have had about 7 or 8 turnovers each and was squirming every time the ball was heading towards a defender :pac:

Thanks again for the games and hopefully we'll play again soon!

Nope you can go long.. i mean if it goes wrong and gets returned for a TD you only have yourself to blame.
    In the fantasy franchise i have no doubt most of those would have been picks.

always happy to have a game if i'm online man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Just left the franchise there so that the Colts can play their game against the cpu during the weekend.

When does gameweek end and when are you back?

Someone had said week advances on Monday, I'll be out the door of the house 1400ish tomorrow (today even..)and I'll be back on Irish Soil at about 2230 on Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Who do I ask to join?
    And this is why we need to stay on af forum.

Welcome to the boards league

Btw Raoul or santry red can sort you with an invite.

Add me on Xbox live for some games my gt is adro76

• Advertisement

Someone had said week advances on Monday, I'll be out the door of the house 1400ish tomorrow (today even..)and I'll be back on Irish Soil at about 2230 on Monday.

fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Ok, but I have the CPU chiefs and a lot of other CPU teams also coming up. By the time I play the Broncos in week 14 we should both have a lot of wins. I have a big advantage in my schedule over other potential wildcard teams, playing the CPU around 7 times. But I suppose it's balanced out by playing the jets, packers and colts.

Someone mentioned a few days ago that the cpu is the most improved player this year, don't take them too lightly. So far this season, off the top of my head:

Eagles, Giants, Bengals and Bills have been upset by cpu, all playoff teams last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Paddy(Bears), When are you about for our game? I can play on sunday after the football or Saturday night after 8.30.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Someone mentioned a few days ago that the cpu is the most improved player this year, don't take them too lightly. So far this season, off the top of my head:

Eagles, Giants, Bengals and Bills have been upset by cpu, all playoff teams last year.
    that was me and i think it was yesterday.. shows you how much happened yesterday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

madalig12 wrote: »
    Paddy(Bears), When are you about for our game? I can play on sunday after the football or Saturday night after 8.30.

Saturday night is ok for me I will be on around 8 30

adrian522 wrote: »
    And this is why we need to stay on af forum.

Welcome to the boards league

Btw Raoul or santry red can sort you with an invite.

Add me on Xbox live for some games my gt is adro76

Mcg helped him with joining the franchise on xbox and i have sorted out his lm invite. :pac:

Raoul, can you create a doodle poll on our options...

We should have a central vote location as otherwise it's going to get lost

Tried to do this yesterday and it didnt work. Better success today though.

http://www.doodle.com/i93wtn5xxie2c84s#table

Think that those are our 6 options. Think we should do the poll until 5 today.

Raoul wrote: »
    Tried to do this yesterday and it didnt work. Better success today though.

http://www.doodle.com/i93wtn5xxie2c84s#table

Think that those are our 6 options. Think we should do the poll until 5 today.

what's the "social" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Yeah. There were definitely about 10 chances for int's, I couldn't believe I got away with throwing one. I was really pissed off with the connection issue BULLsh*t and had to be somewhere at 8.45, so I played like a bit of an eejit.

I'm looking forward to the rematch where hopefully we can play it through the first time and have a better game.

15 points from 5 field goals is NOT good.

Anyway, good game and we will see how the division looks after a load of CPU games.
    Raiders-Broncos:
    Broncos receive and drive it down the field, settle for a field goal. 3-0.
    Raiders take only 2 plays to score, Jones-Drew on a 65-yard run.
    Broncos punt to Raiders, who take it to redzone and Jones-Drew fumbles. 3-7. Broncos drive down field and settle for a field goal. 6-7
    Raiders punt, Broncos take it down field for a field goal. 9-7.
    Raiders throw interception just before half-time, Broncos take it down the field for a field goal. 12-7. Half time. Jones-Drew scores on first drive of the second half. 12-14. Broncos punt and Raiders go on long drive that stalls around midfield. Raiders punt to the 11. In a mix of running and passing plays, the Broncos take it down the field (I tried to let him score on one passing play). Broncos score a 37 yard field goal and the game ends on the squib kick. 15-14 Broncos win. Raiders coach is furious at defense for dropping around 10 interceptions.

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    what's the "social" option?

Having a social group.

Lads... I just wanted to go back to what Berty said yesterday or the day before on restarts.

If a game gets disconnected halfway through the first 1/4 lets say and the home team is 10-0 and has the ball.
    Should be be recreating this on the restart?

Having a social group.

what's that though? How do social groups work?

Lads... I just wanted to go back to what Berty said yesterday or the day before on restarts.

If a game gets disconnected halfway through the first 1/4 lets say and the home team is 10-0 and has the ball.
    Should be be recreating this on the restart?

It messes with the stats. I don't mind too much either way but I'd just go with starting from scratch again unless a player has a bad history of disconnects.

Its just like a private forum, I am not totally sure. Heli knows more about it than me.

Stop changing your poll choices McG!!!! :mad: Got about 10 emails because of you :pac::pac:, joking btw, it is a tough decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't know, if I'm 10-0 up I wouldn't be too happy about starting from scratch. Luckily I haven't had any disconnects on franchise games but I do think we should try to create the same score as before.

Its just like a private forum, I am not totally sure. Heli knows more about it than me.

Stop changing your poll choices McG!!!! :mad: Got about 10 emails because of you :pac::pac:, joking btw, it is a tough decision.

No i dont.. i'd never even heard about them until a coulple of days ago!

No i dont.. i'd never even heard about them until a coulple of days ago!

Thought you told me about one or two sorry, something about 5-a-side? Maybe it was someone else.

Thought you told me about one or two sorry, something about 5-a-side? Maybe it was someone else.

No sorry, I'm play for the Boards astro team
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833

We have our own forum

• Advertisement

It's like a private forum, that's not so private. It has the whole thread/message thing.

Have a look at the laughing gnome or this one. They are the two biggest ones on boards.

Advertisement