Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescued 2 week old kitten

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, if possible, try to keep him away from Tusk for a few days, in case it's something contagious. Could still be nothing, but better safe than sorry...

Hopefully they'll call you back quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

New Home wrote: »
    Also, if possible, try to keep him away from Tusk for a few days, in case it's something contagious. Could still be nothing, but better safe than sorry...

Hopefully they'll call you back quickly.

Vet just rang back and I have to bring him straight in :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Best of luck, we'll be thinking about you two...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Fingers & Toes crossed it's just precautionary

Guess_Who wrote: »
    Fingers & Toes crossed it's just precautionary
    The vets on night this evening so he wants to keep him in overnight and monitor him.Ill be picking him up in the morning.Euch :(

• Advertisement

Oh no, poor kitty, and poor you... :( I have a feeling you won't sleep easy tonight, but Cobbles is in the best place for him for now, and if the vet has only to watch him while he sleeps, then all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Awww. You'll miss the poor little guy for the night, but he's in the best place for now & hopefully he'll be back fighting fit in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Oh noes!!! Poor Finbarr :(

Thank god the vet was on the ball and responded so quickly. And fair play to you for getting on top of this so quickly- I'm sure it's only something small, but quick treatment is always important!

Try not to worry too much about the lil fella tonight, he's a fighter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

He is in good hands - hopefully it all will be over in the morning. I know the nagging worry, try not to give in to it too much.
    My thoughts are with you and the Finbarr !
    I will be watching this in the morning with bated breath ...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

morgana wrote: »
    My thoughts are with you and the Finbarr !
    I will be watching this in the morning with bated breath ...

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Oh noes!!! At least he's in good hands... poor Tusk wont know what to do with out the ruler of the roost :/

They just rang me back there. He's flying it. No more diarrhea or vomiting but he's keeping him til this evening just to be sure. Iv been up since 6 this morning.I thought I was going to exploded if he didnt ring soon

damagegt wrote: »
    They just rang me back there. He's flying it. No more diarrhea or vomiting but he's keeping him til this evening just to be sure. Iv been up since 6 this morning.I thought I was going to exploded if he didnt ring soon

OH GREAT!!! :):):):):):) I bet he'll be up to his usual mischief in no time...;)

Can we now safely assume that Finbarr has turned you into a cat person?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kovu wrote: »
    Auz8JRx.png?1

This is my new favourite thing :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thank god, phew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

What a relief ! Amazing what those little furries can put us through :P

Just got Finnbar back.Hes all good a little tired,lethargic and hes definitely lost a bit of weight over the last couple of days.The vet was kind enough to throw in a few tins of royal recovery food so hopefully he'll be back to his usual self in no time.

Awh poor likkle kitty... Lots of TLC and he'll go back to acting like the lunatic he is in no time! :) I bet you're feeling better yourself, now he's back home! Did the vet say what was wrong with him after all?

BTW, he may still be a bit young to enrol in the army, he definitely shouldn't be driving a tank at his age, has he even a driving licence yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

You should never leave this thread to go away for a few days....

It's like getting leave and finding out there has been a National Emergency....

:(......

Damagegt, if you're around, will you tell us how the kittens are doing? Hope Finnbar's tummy trouble is only a distant memory, and hope Tusk has his own tank by now. :)

• Advertisement

Damagegt, if you're around, will you tell us how the kittens are doing? Hope Finnbar's tummy trouble is only a distant memory, and hope Tusk has his own tank by now. :)
    Sorry folks two bereavements in the last week so I haven't had the time to keep you all up to date.Everyone is all good tho.The weight he lost is all back.I should be home again Saturday but only for a day.Sorry guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Sorry folks two bereavements in the last week so I haven't had the time to keep you all up to date.Everyone is all good tho.The weight he lost is all back.I should be home again Saturday but only for a day.Sorry guys

I'm so sorry to hear that damagegt, my condolences.

Now I've just got to let my heart recover from that mini-seizure it just had thinking Finbarr was one of those bereavements :eek::pac:

God that's awful news... the last thing you need is being tormented with questions about your cats. Sorry to hear that, Damagegt, and my condolences too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

God that's awful news... the last thing you need is being tormented with questions about your cats. Sorry to hear that, Damagegt, and my condolences too.

Couldn't have put it better myself d...sincere sympathies on your losses.

Hugs,GSWxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Sorry to hear that damagegt! Keep well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Sorry for your losses D. Mind yourself, take solace in the fur ball! Great to have the unconditional love at a time like this.

Hi all.Sorry I haven't gotten to you all sooner.I'm sure you can understand.

So the cats...........what can I say I love Finbarr more everyday.He still has all his madness but he's learned to keep his claws in.On to your face first thing in the morning,spends as much time as he can on any pair of shoulders he can get hold of/scale.Hangs off the dogs,sleeps with them as much as he can.Hes destroyed his tank.I'm trying to think of some way to reinforce it.He just jumps all over it,drags it around and gives poor tusk an awful time when walks past.

As for Tusk,hes a strange old fish.Very aloof and distance .Hes not shy and he likes the attention but he would be just as happy if you didnt touch him.Hes more of a cat cat then a person cat.I love him all the same.

Now on to the grossest problem Iv had to deal with.Issy is eating out of the litter box..............:confused:.Is there any way to stop her other then putting the tray at a high as Tusk aint the best at the old climbing.

327472.jpg
    327473.jpg
    327474.jpg

They are great, Damagegt, I can't believe how gorgeous they are... and how big they've become... thanks for posting these :)

Now, I'm sure I read other threads about it (if you search 'pineapple' in this forum they should come up), but in the meantime this might help too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92583140

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Now, I'm sure I read other threads about it (if you search 'pineapple' in this forum they should come up)

For the sake of clarity, the pineapple must be eaten by the animal whose poop is being eaten. This means that the cats would have to be fed pineapple so that Izzy won't eat it... I really don't know would you get a cat to eat pineapple?
    In any case, whilst it works sometimes, it actually doesn't work that often!
    I think the dog-proof litter box linked to is a much better alternative:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The joys of kitty biscuits!

We have covered trays, but cats use the garden too, either way dogs love a munch on a kitty biscuit if they can find one.
    Dogs just can't help themselves, we scoop twice a day, we worm everyone at the same time, and we try various things as we come up with ideas.
    The latest idea is to prop the door to the bathroom open (litter tray is in bathroom) just enough for a cat to get in, but put something heavy to stop it opening wider so dogs can't get in. It's working so far, but our bathroom door opens out. Can you think of anything like that?

DBB, we have a cat that eats pineapple off pizzas, as my daughter has found out, nothing is sacred.

Advertisement