Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman - Arkham Knight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats just so wrong I dont know where to start.

Opponents with knives will kill you if you just spam counter.
    Opponents with shields will kill you if you just spam counter.
    Opponents with stun batons will kill you if you just spam counter.
    Opponents wi....well you get the idea.

It was an exageration of the simplistic combat mechanics of the game. Anyway, I never found those enemies an issue because you can insta-kill them with the takedown or destroy their weapon.

Knight needs to be harder on its hardest difficulty.
    gizmo wrote: »
    You could turn off hints separately from the difficulty mode in City, that covered the counter icons. :o

Pretty sure I did that and I still got the icons. They only went away when I played new game +. I really do not mind the icons as long as they're only in normal or easy. It's not stuff I expect to see when I play on hard which in my opinion is around normal difficulty when compared to other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tok9 wrote: »
    243 is still too many as far as I'm concerned.

Dreading the inevitable vehicle based ones but I do enjoy the riddle ones where you spot something in the environment the riddle is referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

tok9 wrote: »
    243 is still too many as far as I'm concerned.

They are a scourge!!!

It was ok in the first one, they were riddles or just trophies lying around.

But from City onwards, it was a complete joke, every roof top, hidden room in buildings, back alley, sewer, all had riddle puzzles involving loads of contraptions.

I know its a crazy fictional universe, but the riddler going around and welding all these things together in every corner of the city was a bit too big of a stretch for me. :pac: Seriously f*** those things!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

In general I dislike the "collect x amount of items" sidequests, but in the batman games I really enjoyed them, they were actually puzzles that needed to be solved (less so in origins, the poor imitator) rather than just simply finding random shit lying around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really turned me off Arkham City, especially since some of the game's best content was hidden behind ever escalating demands for them (gave up when the game wanted to me to find dozens more of them before the next hostage room). In no interpretation of the idea can I see hundreds of trophies as anything other than lazy, time-wasting and insipid design. Asylum judged the balance almost perfectly, which is the worst thing of all about the sheer amount of them in subsequent games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I expect I'm in the minority here, but I loathe trophies and collectibles of every variety.

As long as they're optional and purely for collections' sake I'm ok with them but if there's some combat moves or gadget upgrades of some sort locked behind X amount of riddler BS then that's gonna rustle my jimmies. I feel like they increased the ridder stuff just so they could say the game is a certain amount of hours longer in content. I completely ignored collectables in Origins because I was so burnt out with them from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I expect I'm in the minority here, but I loathe trophies and collectibles of every variety.

I'd imagine you're in the Majority. Just some people on boards are a bit OTT with their love for them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, that ad is a bit of a stupid message.
    They should focus on the game and gameplay, not telling people to be like Batman
    (the image of a guy about to fight 3 thugs in an alley....well he's obviously gonna get his head kicked in)
    (the fireman not using a hose or a ladder , and running into the ground floor on fire to save people up the stairs )
    (office manager and his mates managing to scare off the bullys with his scary bad man face)

The ad is just complete pants

This trailer was much funnier and more memorable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well.. that's the worst batman trailer I've seen from the entire Arkham series.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this the first time a game has been promoted by telling it's potential buyers to get themselves maimed/killed? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That fella in the alley looks like he just binge watched the 1st season of Daredevil, not gonna end well for ya buddy. Lol at the gang members getting scared of the nerd on the subway. What a waste of ad money.

I always loved the Origins tv spot trailer.

That got me more hyped than any other Batman trailer, it just nails everything I like about the character of Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Anyone know where I can pre-order or get my hands on a collectors edition (PC)

been googling, checking gamestop, turning out to be very difficult indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Out of interest where is everyone thinking of picking this up from?

^ I never decide where I'm going to buy it from until it's been out for a few days (for various reasons) but it's at that point that the non-preorder competition kicks up between all the digital retailers and I just go for who has the cheapest one listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I need to pick one up as well.Where d you think the best place to get the CE for PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There's a few different editions going for this isn't there?

What one are people picking up? Which one is best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,308 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking today, that I wouldn't really need to upgrade my graphics card to play this. I mean how much graphics processing is needed to render everything in green, yellow and red and highlight who's talking? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So just pre ordered this from Smyth's (59.99) for PS4. Does anyone know if they deliver for release day or will it be a few days after??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Does the premium edition include all that pre-order DLC (or will it eventually?)?

There are CE available on amazon now for ps4 if you are looking for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Out of interest where is everyone thinking of picking this up from?

I've had mine pre-ordered with Amazon for quite a while now. Price is now showing at £37.92 (super saver delivery) so won't have it on the actual day.

It was around £44 when I initially pre-ordered.

Works out at around €53

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I liked Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but gameplay wise on foot this is looking a bit too similar; maybe I expected too much with the near 4 year wait and move to next gen in development :(
    I just don't care too much for fighting the military in a batmobile :(

I love the Arkham games but that gameplay didn't do much for me. Really not looking forward to those Batmobile Battlefield Tank sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Whatever about the more subjective improvements to the combat system or general quality of the Batmobile sections, there's some serious technical improvements on display in that trailer. Jesus, that's Unreal Engine 3 like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Got a phonecall today from Gamestop about a 'Complete Batman: Arkham Knight' with all DLC for my pre-order; just €115 :O .... they said they'll take any of the 80 games on the Gamestop 9.99 list and give €30 against it. Sounds like the anger towards the Season Pass has sparked desperation somewhat....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ERG89 wrote: »
    I liked Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but gameplay wise on foot this is looking a bit too similar; maybe I expected too much with the near 4 year wait and move to next gen in development :(
    I just don't care too much for fighting the military in a batmobile :(
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I love the Arkham games but that gameplay didn't do much for me. Really not looking forward to those Batmobile Battlefield Tank sections.

I have to admit, I'm completely underwhelmed by what I've seen of this.

antifyre wrote: »
    Got a phonecall today from Gamestop about a 'Complete Batman: Arkham Knight' with all DLC for my pre-order; just €115 :O .... they said they'll take any of the 80 games on the Gamestop 9.99 list and give €30 against it. Sounds like the anger towards the Season Pass has sparked desperation somewhat....

Yeah I heard about that it is 100 euro on the psn store

They have released so much stuff that I'm actually losing interest in the game.

Another bad one was that PS4 content trailer. It's not right taking content like that away from the other platforms whether it's good or bad.

I have to say I'm tempted on playing in the Adam West batsuit from the start but its just a skin. The nightmare level looks like it could get a bit boring. I think Sony got a bit burnt whatever they paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

HXpz4P3.png

629.gif

Aw that's mental! This was my most anticipated game of the year but with the witcher, i honestly wouldnt mind if this was pushed back again.

Saying that I'm still looking forward to it, gonna get it launch day maybr in argos And if any of the dlc gets good reviews, will pick then up at some point maybe in a sale. The season pass can F right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

The Batmobile sections look terrible. Really turning me off it. I would be playing though those sections simply to get back to the normal gameplay (ie. As quickly as possible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm tempted on playing in the Adam West batsuit from the start but its just a skin. The nightmare level looks like it could get a bit boring. I think Sony got a bit burnt whatever they paid for it.
    I'd assume it'd also be like the previous games where the skin only becomes available after you finish the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to say that DLC list is insane, but it's pretty much what i expect from most big releases these days. I'm still going to buy the game, but only the bog standard version.

humanji wrote: »
    I'd assume it'd also be like the previous games where the skin only becomes available after you finish the game.

I'm not 100% but I'm fairly sure on one of the Insider vids, they said all skins can be used straight away as long as you unlocked/purchased them. I'd say it's them showing incentive to buy/preorder whatever so people can have the 'goodies' straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure some white knight (see what I did there? :P) will come in and tell us discussing batman DLC in the batman thread is off topic....and defend these sorts of practices. It's par for the course at this stage.

Frankly, that chart is disgusting.

Massive Batman fan here, and I'd nearly cancel my preorder and wait for this on the cheap. If I hadn't gotten it for a steal on Amazon that is.

I won't have time for it with The Witcher anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So you will be putting the game on ice?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

€5 GOTY edition on Steam in two years for me, so.

• Advertisement

So you will be putting the game on ice?

Please quote/paraphrase either the comic or 90s animated version of Mr Freeze.

Not the Batman & Robin version /shudders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm sure some white knight (see what I did there? :P) will come in and tell us discussing batman DLC in the batman thread is off topic....and defend these sorts of practices. It's par for the course at this stage.

Frankly, that chart is disgusting.
    Of course it's on topic but, Collectors Edition stuff aside, 17/26 of the items on that list are skins and two of them are Challenge Map packs.

IJDU

Now, if the additional single player story content is good and if I'm unable to buy it due to some exclusivity nonsense, then I'd be disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm trying to stick to my If i can't play it now don't buy it now rule, PlayStation plus is making it all the more vital that i stuck to it.

Trophies/Cheevos list leaked.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/batman-arkham-knight/achievements/

Some very strangely named ones like they don't make sense. Ah they are actually names of comic book arcs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement