Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Has anyone played this on the rift?

Taylor365 wrote: »

F*ck.
    That.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Taylor365 wrote: »

I'm a console player so I'm getting my enhanced play in other ways
    I've left 2 packs of Aldi mincemeat out in the sun for the last 3 days, gonna bring em in tonight and play with them open on the couch beside me.

dat nasal immersion yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wouldn't mind trying this with Project Morpheus on the PS4. But I think Project Cars is going to be the first game with support for that head set.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I read somewhere that one guy tried it onthe rift and after about 5 mins he was feeling ill because of all the jumping around etc, it must look awesome though....

• Advertisement

Just finished.

Ugh.
    What in the f*ck is it about next gen games that insist on having goddamn quick time events as the final boss battle. It's, like, you spend so much time increasing all your stats and getting through loads of different things only to face an end where it doesn't matter a damn!

It really pisses me off and actually puts me off finishing the rest of the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea boney, smells of "deadline is looming outsource it quick!" Big let down. For me, there was more than enough in the rest of the game to not ruin the game, but if they considered redoing it, I don't think I'd be upset :)

I'll be spoiling the ending to another next gen game somewhat, so read the spoiler at your own peril -

I don't think it's necessarily rushed timeline, but also just seems to be a theme with this current gen of consoles.
    Shadows of Mordor
    had the exact same ending, where you worked for ages perfecting your character, levelling up, and learning everything you can, when you're greeted with what is essentially just a quick time event, the exact same as Dying Light. I'm sure there's been other games too, but these are just the most recent that come to mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started this today , really cool so far, very tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

been playing it for the last 2 weeks and loving it. One tip for new players, get the natural medikit blueprint as it only costs 3 herbs to make compared to one alcohol and gauze with the medikit blueprint. only found it today but it is handier as sometimes it's hard to find alcohol and herbs are easy to find. here is a video showing where it is.

• Advertisement

Theres also medkits in the back of ambulances :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

cheapest place to buy this for PC?

G2play about €23?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

PS4 version in SMyths for 44.99 at the mo, think ill pick it up today, hopefully will keep me going for a month or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Got this on Friday night and played it through the whole weekend and completes the story last night; good game to be fair! Well worth a play through (Got it in Smyths for 44.99 and got 45 for it in CEX today SCORE)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Enjoying the coop immensely too. Hopefully there'll be more DLC down the line as I could see myself coming back to this. Still yet to find/craft an absolutely OP weapon.

miralize wrote: »
    Enjoying the coop immensely too. Hopefully there'll be more DLC down the line as I could see myself coming back to this. Still yet to find/craft an absolutely OP weapon.

Here are 2 links to guides on where to find blueprints
    http://www.gosunoob.com/dying-light/blueprint-locations-old-town-guide/

http://www.gosunoob.com/dying-light/slums-blueprint-locations/

there are much better weapons in old town (around 600 to 800 damage depending on what level you are at) and once you unlock the throw weapon skill, you can one shot most goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thinkin of buying this game soon for xb1. Hoping it will go on sale on the xbox store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You are in luck! Can't wait for this!

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/597791841422028800

NEW DLC
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

You have an op co-op partner. Why isn't that enough?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lamposts wrote: »
    You have an op co-op partner. Why isn't that enough?!

Because doesnt seem to like reviving me when I recklessly punch above my weight

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

This is 43.99 in argos, time to take the plunge I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

da gamer wrote: »
    This is 43.99 in argos, time to take the plunge I think?

It's €40 on Amazon delivered. I'd go for it, it's well worth it. Great fun with the online co-op too.

Dying Light has received a brand new update on the PS4 and Xbox One bumping the game’s version to 1.06. This new update is a big one, packing in at about 2.85 GB in size. It also adds free “Parkour Fever” DLC to the game.

This new update is now live on the PS4 and Xbox One, and allows the players to attempt the free DLC called “Parkour Fever”

Changelog:
    Version 1.06

Features:
    • Parkour Fever – ten parkour with online leaderboards
    • Revamped Quarantine Zones
    • Additional national outfits + community designed t-shirt
    • Gold-tier fantasy weapons
    • Three new trophies

Various balance changes: – Weapon adjustments – Loot chests adjustments – Gold-tier weapons drop rate increase – Shops prices selection adjustments – Crafting adjustments
    • Support for the Bozak Horde DLC

Be the Zombie:
    • Entirely new progression system – three stages of mutation with additional, unique skills
    • Various balance tweaks
    • Spit not sticking to opponents fixed
    • Ground pound bug fixed
    • Flare damage to hives normalized

Fixes:

• Unlocking trophies issues fixed
    • Various stability improvements, including co-op
    • Weapon duplication exploit fixed
    • Support for background music playback added (Spotifiy)

http://gearnuke.com/dying-light-gets-patch-1-06-ps4-xbox-one-adds-free-dlc-full-changelog-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finally got our Irish outfit added.

shhoH4b.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm just looking out for the Bozak stuff now, the reward looks quite fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Finally got our Irish outfit added.

shhoH4b.jpg

Fair play Failsafe, that tweet to the dev team worked a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have been playing this game for the past month and love it. I'm playing a few hours here and there but couldn't believe when my progress meter stated I was only about 18% through it lol.
    It's a great game...and well worth the full price.

Advertisement