Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Freeze - The Official Word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

VES86 wrote: »
    i think it would be silly to think us c16ers could get in soon. the letter clearly says recruitment is suspended end of, they are plowing ahead with vettin, meds etc because 1 its probably paid for already and 2 so they can get more feet on patrol as quickly as they can once some more money comes there way

my heart sank when i seen the letter, i just knew what it was about, but was like PHEWWWWW! when it was stateing what we already knew
    Yeah, definitely how it seems. It must take the guts of 6 months to get new recruits in from when they first advertise it so if they are told they can start hiring again it would be months down the line before they can do that. Doing as much as they can now makes perfect sense

It's prob worth remembering tho that not all people from c16 have even done their AC so the chance of getting in to the august intake would be quite small considering it'd be unfair to place someone just cos they happened to do all their tests earlier than everyone else. Think of the fuss that an applicant could make if they went to their AC in July but didn't hear about recruitment before someone else who happened to have thir AC in April

Nobody is thinking C16ers will be in with a chance of getting in the Aug intake... What places that were left in that take will obviously go to those from C15 that defered and whatnot.
    I'm simply trying to deduce what this whole line about the current campaign progressing as planned means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

Nobody is thinking C16ers will be in with a chance of getting in the Aug intake... What places that were left in that take will obviously go to those from C15 that defered and whatnot.
    I'm simply trying to deduce what this whole line about the current campaign progressing as planned means.

I'm one of the c15 ones still waiting. I finished between 200 and 210 on the merit list and passed vetting and medical around jan/feb time. I'm not holding out too much hope though as the calls for the august intake went out at the very start of june. So I'd imagine that the places still left will only be a handful for ones who were looking to defer or turned the opportunity down. Possibly 5 or 10 max

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

pluginbaby2112 I too was wondering what the current campaign progressing as planned meant. But I suspect that means from Deloitte's point of view or contract terms. Meaning they will follow through on the AC's still left to be taken and produce the merit list. As anything after the AC is PSNI controlled and nobody has heard from them since the freeze, to my knowledge I believe the PSNI should be writing to applicants to explain their position. (well when they find out what that is themselves!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You've hit the nail on the head there Bakerboy - Deloitte are going to finish up their work at the AC's but that is that , though I do hope a merit list is produced. Vetting and medicals are sent out by the P.S.N.I. and so far I have not heard of anyone getting vetting or medical since the freeze was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rioplayer

So I guess if you have got your AC pass letter but no vetting forms through you are out of luck for the remaining places in August.

Only the ones who already received their vetting forms stand a chance of getting through that stage.

Bit harsh for the ones like me that are amongst the last to sit their AC's in the past week or two.

But heyho, at least its not back to the start when it kicks in again.

I attended my AC on the 14 June and haven't heard anything or received vetting forms. Others appear to have received their vetting packs soon after confirmation of passing the AC. So I am not sure whether I haven't received the vetting forms because of the freeze or because I didn't score highly enough.....will the report from Deloitte provide this information or will I have to call the appointments office at PSNI to find out why I haven't been sent a vetting pack? Can anyone shed any light on this? Cheers

rioplayer wrote: »
    I attended my AC on the 14 June and haven't heard anything or received vetting forms. Others appear to have received their vetting packs soon after confirmation of passing the AC. So I am not sure whether I haven't received the vetting forms because of the freeze or because I didn't score highly enough.....will the report from Deloitte provide this information or will I have to call the appointments office at PSNI to find out why I haven't been sent a vetting pack? Can anyone shed any light on this? Cheers

Did you not even get a Pass/Fail letter after the AC ? The feedback report will tell your score in the AC but wont give you your merit placing - you have to phone for that when its available.

There have been a few c16 people asking if they'll get in so my answer was geared towards them. Many questions in this thread have been answered in the first couple of posts.
    delancey42 wrote: »
    Did you not even get a Pass/Fail letter after the AC ? The feedback report will tell your score in the AC but wont give you your merit placing - you have to phone for that when its available.

The feedback form doesn't come out for many weeks after your AC. You just get a letter initially saying if you passed or failed and in my experience that goes out within a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skatestraight

So far i did my AC in the middle of May, within a week i recieved both the pass letter and vetting pack. I will be surprised if i get a date for the medical but by the way i read the page from deliotte today i beleive the PSNI are proceeding with the vetting and medicals in order to draw up the list before the freeze then depending on the budgets they will go from there from this new list. Time is no problem just as long as you know for certain ur going to get in.

Once you receive your feedback from deliotte you will be able to make an informed guess as to how likely that is.. Deliotte pass scored i believe is normally around the high 40's mark.. 45-48 but that does not mean you have made it through thats just their score, the PSNIs mark is normally in the mid to high 50's - 54 up. So you will be better informed at the end of august when you receive your feedback.eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 slunk2

We are all awaiting a letter or some communication about this freeze unfortunately and how it will impact us. Your thinking is very human and understandable - I have little doubt that in due couse we will see posts here suggesting that because Matt Baggott was smiling on TV that must mean the freeze is about to be lifted :rolleyes:

Got my date for my medical ... really cant read back through all the pages as I am soooo busy with work but any sign is a good sign, yes? Have you heard anything?

• Advertisement

It's prob worth remembering tho that not all people from c16 have even done their AC so the chance of getting in to the august intake would be quite small considering it'd be unfair to place someone just cos they happened to do all their tests earlier than everyone else. Think of the fuss that an applicant could make if they went to their AC in July but didn't hear about recruitment before someone else who happened to have thir AC in April

Just to let you know, I had my AC at the start of May, got my vetting forms and pass letter the week after I sat it. Sent my forms of nearly 7 weeks ago to the day and 2day I recieved my letter from Deloitte that everyone is talking about but also Mr Postman left me my medical date ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

So then, if you've not received vetting forms/medical info is that a reflection on your score at the AC?

i.e. if you have only received the recent letter are you unlikely to have got a high enough score?

So then, if you've not received vetting forms/medical info is that a reflection on your score at the AC?

i.e. if you have only received the recent letter are you unlikely to have got a high enough score?

Not necessarily the case at all - throughout this campaign I personally believe too much attention is paid to the speed at which applicants get vetting and medicals and folks presume they have done well because they got their stuff quicky. The important thing is your merit place and that wont be known for weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

God only knows. But as they say 'its not over till the fat lady sings ....'

Not necessarily the case at all - throughout this campaign I personally believe too much attention is paid to the speed at which applicants get vetting and medicals and folks presume they have done well because they got their stuff quicky. The important thing is your merit place and that wont be known for weeks yet.

Thanks for that, I guess I'm reading into it too much but I've passed the AC 3 times now :o but never got medical/vetting info so when I read about other people getting their forms etc. I assume I've missed the boat again. My scores were never that bad either :confused:

marymulr wrote: »
    God only knows. But as they say 'its not over till the fat lady sings ....'

Exactly - until you get a Dear John letter you're still in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

don quixote,if you dont mind me asking what scores did you have in your previous campaigns?
    The one campaign I entered previously in 04,I was unaware that you could find out how well you had done meritwise

just sent you a pm there cesc

Thanks for that, I guess I'm reading into it too much but I've passed the AC 3 times now :o but never got medical/vetting info so when I read about other people getting their forms etc. I assume I've missed the boat again. My scores were never that bad either :confused:

I mentioned further back regarding roughly the scores that the police look, an ex recruitment officer who help set the process up told me and others that in order to get into the police you need to be scoring 8 in each competency, so a score of 56 is ideal, but my brother got in last year with a score of 54 and i didnt with a score of 52. Hope that helps, everyone remember deliottes pass score is much lower than this, 45-28 i believe.

The merit list is only drawn up after the vetting and medical processes, so you unable to check it unless you have got that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

I mentioned further back regarding roughly the scores that the police look, an ex recruitment officer who help set the process up told me and others that in order to get into the police you need to be scoring 8 in each competency, so a score of 56 is ideal, but my brother got in last year with a score of 54 and i didnt with a score of 52. Hope that helps, everyone remember deliottes pass score is much lower than this, 45-28 i believe.

The merit list is only drawn up after the vetting and medical processes, so you unable to check it unless you have got that far.

I knew my merit place well before i did my medical and vetting in C15

• Advertisement

I'd say your merit place can only be known once all ACs have been completed and they're still going.

I can't see what doing a medical or vetting has to do with it knowing your place on the merit list

I'd say your merit place can only be known once all ACs have been completed and they're still going.

I can't see what doing a medical or vetting has to do with it knowing your place on the merit list

From what recruitment told me the last time, it's because people still get sifted out during the vetting and medical processes, there would be no point them telling you that your 5th on the list and you will get in if you havent passed all the criteria yet, the source of this info came from an ex officer that set up this whole process, the two tests etc.

The merit list is where you are in the pool of people for the intake http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/application_process.aspx - it shwos ya here roughly the timeline they should be working to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Does anyone know if they'll be giving out the merit pool numbers due to the freeze? If they are, any idea when? :confused:

Does anyone know if they'll be giving out the merit pool numbers due to the freeze? If they are, any idea when? :confused:

I don't see why they would not still draw up a merit list given that it is based on the Deloitte part of the process ( IST and AC ). That however is not to say that they will actually make it available.
    I doubt it would be available much before September - just an educated guess.

I heard it was the end of august! not long after ac scores.... makes sense?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cm3luc

slunk2 wrote: »
    Got my date for my medical ... really cant read back through all the pages as I am soooo busy with work but any sign is a good sign, yes? Have you heard anything?

are they still proceeding with the medicals and vetting or is this froze? is there a phone no. to ring to see if mine is coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

cm3luc wrote: »
    are they still proceeding with the medicals and vetting or is this froze? is there a phone no. to ring to see if mine is coming up?

theyr still proceding with them, if recruitment is unfroze when the final budget is announced, they dont want to be in position that they have to start sending out vetting/medicals etc, they need to be ready to go

and you cant ring up and ask (i have tried!) you just have to wait on the letter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dm25

Hi, I'm new so still trying to see how this works. I have pretty much read all the posts on the forum related to the freeze, vetting and medicals (especially paying close attention to the posts by moderator psni), and what I established as the general feeling, was if people had received vetting and medical dates prior to the freeze they had to honoured. Although if like myself we had completed the AC and had a pass letter we should not expect medical dates or vetting forms until after the freeze.

Of course no one really knows what will happen over the next few weeks, with recent events and the budget. I am looking forward to psni returning on the 16th to hopefully give us new information and also to see if anyone has recieved anything in the post. Seems there is an awful lot of speculation and not much in the way of useful information from either the PSNI or Deloitte.

It is not ideal to wait a year to join but to be honest if i have to wait 3 years to live my dream I think it will be worth it in the end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

dm25 wrote: »

It is not ideal to wait a year to join but to be honest if i have to wait 3 years to live my dream I think it will be worth it in the end. :)

here here! ive been trying for 4 years wo another couple wont kill me...i guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

VES86 wrote: »
    here here! ive been trying for 4 years wo another couple wont kill me...i guess

Try eight years. :(

Advertisement