Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

phester28 wrote: »
    Has it ended for porting to eir. I asked in the store the other day and they said they had not been informed of any finish date and not to worry about it.

It's not on the website anymore.
    Still some good enough offers though, 10/m for unlimited calls is great offer for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

TheDriver wrote: »
    The roaming is now 8.2Gb in EU

Are eir any good for roaming though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Are eir any good for roaming though?

Perfect as far as I can tell .Used it in UK and Denmark over the last 2 weeks ,couldnt fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It's not on the website anymore.
    Still some good enough offers though, 10/m for unlimited calls is great offer for some people

Yip,I put a few elderly relatives on this offer. They don’t do texts or social media.
    They are delighted with their new bill of 10 euro a month and can “ring whoever we like “

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Roaming is full 4g, lashings of speed. I had no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is this offer gone ?

Not on website but said I'll ask just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

jeffk wrote: »
    Is this offer gone ?

Not on website but said I'll ask just incase

Yes gone now.

It seems to come back at times so keep an eye out. I suspect they pull it so that people are more afraid to move and loose the offer they've signed up to if they decide to move back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Exactly what happened to me

Cold call from Vodafone, sounded great,it is,but it's messy

20 credit
    Text and data
    Text or go on app to take 15 to get unlimited calls,doesn't come all together

Mess during change over meant there's a gap between text/data and calls expiring,so no data for few days trying to match them up

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Has this been resurrected for the now extinct iD customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hopefully this might be helpful to others, especially Three customers such as myself who are having their plans changed!

Meteor are currently running an in-store only promotion on their PAYG plans. Their simplicity unlimited pay as you go bundle is €20 for life if you port your number in-store before March 31st. The plan includes unlimited calls, texts and 15gb of data (Facebook, Pokemon go, YouTube and several others are free to use and do not count towards this allowance). Normally this is €30 per month.

It isn't mentioned online and I only noticed it by good fortune on the LCD screen when I was passing the store in Wilton yesterday. I had been planning to port to them anyway as the Three/Tesco/lycamobile data signal is awful in the area during the day so this was a welcome, if well hidden, sweetener.

MOD EDIT: NOW ON EIR WEBSITE https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/
    Their customer care is worse than woeful,be prepared, wouldn't go back to them at gunpoint

The lips wrote: »
    Has this been resurrected for the now extinct iD customers?

Doesn't appear to be. Three seem the only ones interested

Bumping this up as it appears to be back again. Link in OP

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

TheDriver wrote: »
    Bumping this up as it appears to be back again. Link in OP

I do not see the same offer as OP on prepaid plans, I see the €20 that includes 20GB data, Text or calls, the price with data, text and calls it's €30 that €20 on the OP offer.

There's a SIM only plan that includes data, calls and text for €14.99 for 6 months that will be double after the 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

nava wrote: »
    I do not see the same offer as OP on prepaid plans, I see the €20 that includes 20GB data, Text or calls, the price with data, text and calls it's €30 that €20 on the OP offer.

There's a SIM only plan that includes data, calls and text for €14.99 for 6 months that will be double after the 6 months.

I'm seeing the same. I dont see the OPs offer anywhere. I'm using my mobile but that shouldn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

nava wrote: »

Scroll down, under the price plans it says
    Switch to eir prepay and save
    Enjoy Unlimited calls AND texts, social networks, plus Free YouTube + 20GB of data. Normally €30 top up every four weeks, now €20! Offer available exclusively online while stocks last!

I got this deal 18 months ago and it’s fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Scroll down, under the price plans it says
    Switch to eir prepay and save
    Enjoy Unlimited calls AND texts, social networks, plus Free YouTube + 20GB of data. Normally €30 top up every four weeks, now €20! Offer available exclusively online while stocks last!

I got this deal 18 months ago and it’s fantastic

It does show that but can’t see how you get the actual deal. Knowing Eir that’s nots surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Text 20unlimited to 50104

That worked last time.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Text 20unlimited to 50104

That worked last time.

It states Online only and IF you Switch. Can’t risk switching online and assuming they’ll honour and end up getting stuck with €30 deal. Just coming off Virgin media 3 month unlimited free deal

I'm sure all the tricks will be tried and tested shortly. I guess everyone would port to vf or Tesco and back again to get the offer.
    I have the whole family on the previous offer, all going strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

I ordered a SIM for the €30 prepay plan and one of the emails I got stated,
    "Once your number is ported over to our network, make sure to top up to activate your exclusive prepay plan which includes 15GB data, unlimited access to YouTube and social networks, plus unlimited any network calls and texts all for just €20 top up every 4 weeks."

bromley52 wrote: »
    I ordered a SIM for the €30 prepay plan and one of the emails I got stated,
    "Once your number is ported over to our network, make sure to top up to activate your exclusive prepay plan which includes 15GB data, unlimited access to YouTube and social networks, plus unlimited any network calls and texts all for just €20 top up every 4 weeks."

Thanks ordered SIM and got that message so will port with confidence next week. Virgin media even for free is frustrating with poor mobile data speeds/coverage in spots.

and even that line is wrong, it changed from 15Gb to 20Gb in Dec. EU Roaming went up to 10Gb (which has always worked perfectly for me, full 4G speed)

Virgin media even for free is frustrating with poor mobile data speeds/coverage in spots.

You won't know yourself unless u happen to be unlucky in coverage. Try a sim and test it out first

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there any way to get the same deal by just having a direct debit/bill each month? Also, what cost are calls to UK landline/mobile would anyone know?

I'm trying to compare it to the business plan I'm currently on with them:
    Plans and add-ons Amount
    Monthly charge for Business Mobile Unlimited 15 GB SIM only @ € 43.05 per month inc. VAT 35.00
    08******
    Free 5GB National Data Add-on @ € 0.00 per month inc. VAT 0.00
    08******
    Total plan and add on charges 35.00
    Discounts and promotions
    Indefinite Euro 10 Discount on recurring Monthly Charges @ € 12.30 per month inc. VAT -10.00
    Total discounts and promotions -10.00
    Total plan and add-on charges 25.00

So I pay €25+VAT per month for the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

cormie wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the same deal by just having a direct debit/bill each month? Also, what cost are calls to UK landline/mobile would anyone know?

I'm trying to compare it to the business plan I'm currently on with them:

So I pay €25+VAT per month for the above.

It's pre-pay so no direct debit/bill. But you can set up an auto top-up to apply a day or two before the renewal.

https://www.eir.ie/group/pricing/eir_mobile/ for all out of bundle costs.

and remember it's 13 X €20 versus 12 X your current rate for billpay.

Thanks for that, so the €20 deal only lasts 13 months if signing up for this you mean? After that will it jump back to €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for that, so the €20 deal only lasts 13 months if signing up for this you mean? After that will it jump back to €30?

No the prepay deal is charged every 28 days meaning you are charged 13 times in a calendar year versus 12 charges for bill pay

Aha, thanks for the help folks :)

It's a saving of €100 in the year compared to what I'm paying now so... Calls to UK/EU seem to be a flat 50c per minute which isn't bad as I don't think I'd be spending 200 minutes per year on these calls. Just a case of seeing if the hassle of the non direct debit payment, getting a bill displaying VAT, chance of offer expiring and having to keep an eye on this etc is worth it :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement