Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They must be doing that all last year, its a great way to keep customers but its just a cod.

If one was doing a weekly shop, before you get down to the end of aisle 1 in lidl/aldi you'll already have saved that €10.

Swings and roundabouts. Depends what you're buying. Lots of things are priced the same. Then there's the stuff you might want that Lidl/Aldi simply don't stock.

And, believe it or not, some things are actually cheaper in Dunnes. Either because they are on special offer (e.g. half-price Lyons teabags) or all the time (e.g. 2 x 3l of milk for €4).

Where Dunnes falls down, it's on its limited own-brand range. But when I want something own-brand and I can't get it in Dunnes, I simply get it elsewhere.

So when I buy €50 worth of groceries in Dunnes, it's stuff I couldn't get any cheaper elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If one was doing a weekly shop, before you get down to the end of aisle 1 in lidl/aldi you'll already have saved that €10.

My regular Dunnes purchases are not sold in Lidl/Aldi (Irn Bru, specific brands of washing powder/liquids, specific brands of Scotch, beer, etc). Ditto Tesco but it also includes items that Tesco are consistently cheaper on due to 'special offers' - specific flavours/brands of frozen pizza, tea, cereals.

There are very few people left who do a full weekly shop in one place at this stage; multi-shop has become the norm if you look at the Kantar figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to clarify my earlier post where I used the word "sad". What I meant and would be more appropriate would be "disappointing".

And just to further explain I think its disappointing to see people not using the vouchers in the stores in which they were intended to be used in. If other stores have been accepting them then folks cant really be blamed for that I suppose.

But if Aldi didn't do vouchers we would be listening to a lot of moaning from some people yet when they do provide vouchers they dont get the benefit of them. Thats the point I was trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

muffler wrote: »
    But if Aldi didn't do vouchers we would be listening to a lot of moaning from some people yet when they do provide vouchers they dont get the benefit of them. Thats the point I was trying to make.

Arguably they still get a benefit of sorts as they're hurting their competitors bottom line (as proved by Tesco withdrawing their offer to accept competitors vouchers).

Now it'll be interesting to see :
    a) What Tesco do now to try counter Aldi /Lidl's newspaper voucher offer
    b)The frequency with which we'll continue to see Aldi /Lidl's newspaper voucher offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Poster was up in my Local Tesco as well

373645.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^^

The boom must be back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

People spend a lot more before Christmas than in January. December is the time when you want shoppers in the shop, not in January when the same people who were spending 120 Euro and cashing in the vouchers will be spending 50Euro and cashing in the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Not much help anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

According to beady eye on facebook vouchers are back this coming weekend in the sunday world.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Aldi voucher in the Sunday world this Sunday. €10 off €50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Keogh08 wrote: »
    According to beady eye on facebook vouchers are back this coming weekend in the sunday world.

Just in time, the freezer is almost empty from the last batch of vouchers!!

Keogh08 wrote: »

Fact. Watch lidl too, was told in lidl today. Yes oh yessss

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Does anyone know if tesco still accept lidl/aldi vouchers? 6 bottles of oyster bay for 50 is back again this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if tesco still accept lidl/aldi vouchers? 6 bottles of oyster bay for 50 is back again this weekend

I used a supervalu spend 25 save 5 last week.

Time to unexpire this thread !!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Time to unexpire this thread !!!

Un-Expired

Use the report function to let the mods know

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Aldi voucher in the Sunday world this Sunday. €10 off €50

I imagine there'll be an Aldi or Lidl voucher in the Sindo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Its back this week in the Sunday World

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is there a paper which has both vouchers in it?

It was hit and miss. Sunworld is cheaper at €2.45 I think. Sindo €2.90 last time I bought it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Was passing through Athy in Kildare last night and had to stop for milk, pulled into Lidl and they have 20% off everything in store until the 20th March. Sign said discount only available in Athy store. Added to the voucher that's a nice saving.

Davy wrote: »
    Un-Expired

Use the report function to let the mods know

It was meant in a jovial way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

hexosan wrote: »
    Was passing through Athy in Kildare last night and had to stop for milk, pulled into Lidl and they have 20% off everything in store until the 20th March. Sign said discount only available in Athy store. Added to the voucher that's a nice saving.

That's great news but why you're posting that in the Aldi thread is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Yeah the mind boggles, completely unrelated... :rolleyes:

edit: 700m drive between the 2 in Athy as well..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Why don't we delete and censor all mention to anything that's not 100% aldi. I'll say one thing for all these deal threads it really brings out the ungrateful boards nazi's (not directly aimed at you muffler)

hexosan wrote: »
    Why don't we delete and censor all mention to anything that's not 100% aldi

Brilliant Idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Free fish and chips too :D

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=OFxuZ6%2bzBc5vZlvjs1VPWfZvyNmFVTA7n1CBK%2bPDPyI%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fc.eblastengine.com%2femailimages%2f196237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Sunday World had 2 in last Dec, must be just for St. Patrick's Day only?
    jive wrote: »
    Yeah the mind boggles, completely unrelated... :rolleyes:

edit: 700m drive between the 2 in Athy as well..!

A bit off-topic

Wasn't Kildare the last place to have both, as up until a while ago? considering it was the HQ for Lidl/Aldi,

& you wait for one & now there's 2 of each in L'kenny at last count, afaik :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Confirmed on Twitter, it's Sunday Independent and Sunday World.

CdSJHtpUIAA7hls.png

https://twitter.com/Aldi_Ireland/status/708341807474606080

• Advertisement

World 2.45 and Sindo 2.90 last time I checked. Go for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement