Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Or operation RoboCop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I find too much messing around in Beast menus.

Easier just to have your own addons you use regularly.

Also I hear UK Turks and Dexter are merging, could go either way as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Never used this big fan of the black box build though.

Great that we have the choice of so many good builds .
    Tried tobload beast . it took ages to download and nothing changed. Using windows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

anyone know a good option for the NFL? Sports devil is very hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

esforum wrote: »

Try Project Cypher, can't check now but think o saw NFL in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭padair

Tried tobload beast . it took ages to download and nothing changed. Using windows

Is it worth using. I use genesis for most things. What would be the main difference.
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

padair wrote: »
    Is it worth using. I use genesis for most things. What would be the main difference.
    P

I think genesis is terrible recently, buffering like crazy and no streams available.

I've gone back to Zeus and phoenix.

Try SALTS for a Genesis replacement/sub. Really good when you set Movies to HD and TV to HD/SD.

Also you can use your Real Debrid account in SAlLTS as well ( well worth the money) .
    Just make sure you get the TkNorris Beta Repo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

For anyone with issues playing Vevo videos on YouTube, you need to edit this file: plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\signature\cypher.py
    I couldn't edit it as I was trying to do it on my tablet and it just wasn't working.
    Copy this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/np1aftb3u3tgia8/cipher.py?dl=1 to the above location and reboot. Should be working fine then! I would recommend using ES File Explorer from the play store to transfer the file. Or just SSH into you build. Great piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

esforum wrote: »

Phoenix I think shows NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

keano25 wrote: »
    I find too much messing around in Beast menus.

Easier just to have your own addons you use regularly.

Also I hear UK Turks and Dexter are merging, could go either way as a result.

Don't think they are exactly merging according to UK TURK on twitter, seems that they are in a collaboration, I guess that Dexter will soon have VOD using material from UK Turks addon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

dahat wrote: »
    Try Project Cypher, can't check now but think o saw NFL in there.

Think their addon is pretty unstable at the minute as they are having some server issues, they mentioned on twitter yesterday that they are rewriting it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

I've been having a lot of problems with Genesis lately as well - completely hit and miss what options show up. A lot of the time there are no HD streams either. I'm even getting buffering on the SD streams sometimes! :( However, the main ones that I am having problems with are the ones with 5.1 sound. They just won't play. All they do is stick on "Buffering 0%". I've cleared all the caches, packages etc. but still no joy. Anyone else having issues or know something I can do to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

BandMember wrote: »
    I've been having a lot of problems with Genesis lately as well - completely hit and miss what options show up. A lot of the time there are no HD streams either. I'm even getting buffering on the SD streams sometimes! :( However, the main ones that I am having problems with are the ones with 5.1 sound. They just won't play. All they do is stick on "Buffering 0%". I've cleared all the caches, packages etc. but still no joy. Anyone else having issues or know something I can do to fix this?

Yep same problem here. Been a bit of a disaster recently.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Yep same problem here. Been a bit of a disaster recently.

BobbyT28

+2

I've used other add-ons now for TV.Given up on Genesis,constant buffering problems and broken links.Vidics is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

(Genesis) Been having some buffering issues also but found a few tweaks that have helped. Set 'sources timeout' to 10, it's lowest value. Under playback turn off 'captchas' & turn on autoplay. This has helped a bit as it finds a decent link quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

bodonnell wrote:
    (Genesis) Been having some buffering issues also but found a few tweaks that have helped. Set 'sources timeout' to 10, it's lowest value. Under playback turn off 'captchas' & turn on autoplay. This has helped a bit as it finds a decent link quicker.

I've noticed the opposite! Autoplay used to be a killer! Any GVideo links get my priority as the quality is the best of the list and there is no buffering!

bodonnell wrote: »

Just pay for Real Debrid and save yourself a whole load of hassle.
    €16 for 180 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No need to pay. Isteam, genesis, 1channel. Between the 3 of them youll always get a working link.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No need to pay. Isteam, genesis, 1channel. Between the 3 of them youll always get a working link.

True but I prefer high quality HD/1080 stuff with no buffering. No sources going down etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

I've been using Phoenix lately for live TV channels, UK & US some are HD like the golf channel (option of 720 or 1080). I use Genesis for movies and box sets etc. I use to vdubt for football games but that hasn't worked for me for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

€16 for 180 days.

What way does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

ufc pro wrote: »
    What way does this work?

It adds a few more sources when you search for a show or movie.

They're supposed to be a lot more stable but I have to say I've not been that impressed with it. A lot of the HD ones are still buffering for me the past few nights.

The 480p links are very good though

Batesy wrote: »
    It adds a few more sources when you search for a show or movie.

They're supposed to be a lot more stable but I have to say I've not been that impressed with it. A lot of the HD ones are still buffering for me the past few nights.

The 480p links are very good though

thanks for that, its not worth paying for 480p links though. 1080p is what im looking for without the need to search for 20 minutes!
    ive been using Stream all the sources the last few nights and its pretty good i have to say, alot of 1080 gvideo links, they work amazing. i might have given it a go but if its not solid ill pass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

€16 for 180 days.

That looks really interesting, how long have you been using it and do you use it with Genesis? Genesis has gone to crap lately with it taking a few minutes to even generate links, could be easily looking at 5 minutes before some TV shows start. Really might take a punt for 6 months.

ufc pro wrote: »
    thanks for that, its not worth paying for 480p links though. 1080p is what im looking for without the need to search for 20 minutes!
    ive been using Stream all the sources the last few nights and its pretty good i have to say, alot of 1080 gvideo links, they work amazing. i might have given it a go but if its not solid ill pass!!

You can try if for a week afaik for a smaller fee. Well worth checking out IMO. I use it for SALTS, Genesis and Istream when I use that one.

You can try if for a week afaik for a smaller fee. Well worth checking out IMO. I use it for SALTS, Genesis and Istream when I use that one.

Can you pm me a link to where i get it please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭xlogo

Can I get a PM on that as well - thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement