Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Went for the House pizza. Got a 16" pizza for myself and a friend for E10. It includes chips, a dip of your choice and 2 cans. Really good deal I think

We ended up getting that last night. Pizza was actually nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Does anyone know what happened in ERB001 yesterday? We weren't allowed to go in for a class, and there were people outside with walkie talkies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Does anyone know what happened in ERB001 yesterday? We weren't allowed to go in for a class, and there were people outside with walkie talkies, etc.

I was walking down from the Main Building to KBS yesterday morning (I think or it could've been on Thursday morning) and I saw a security car and an ambulance following it on the road to the carpark behind the Foundation Building. I presume someone must've had a bad accident or a serious medical issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Why can't they open the library at at least 7am. That would give 2 hours of studying Before lectures start.. And on Sundays they should at least stay open until 9 especially as more people are staying down weekends near the end of the semester.

Is there any food place in UL that is open on campus on Sundays? Kinda pointless going to the library for a couple of hours and you can get something to snack on if nothing is open..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Is there any food place in UL that is open on campus on Sundays? Kinda pointless going to the library for a couple of hours and you can get something to snack on if nothing is open..

Closest place is probably Plassey Spar

Are they making a cycle path on the left hand side of the avenue as your walking in to UL from the road? That'd be so good!

Midkemia wrote: »
    Closest place is probably Plassey Spar

Yeah, that's the nearest place I can think of that is actually open.
    Are they making a cycle path on the left hand side of the avenue as your walking in to UL from the road? That'd be so good!

It's gonna be a pedestrian path for both walkers and cyclists. It won't be like the one we have on the right where you have a footpath on one side and a cycling lane on the other.

Hoping they upgrade that footpath soon as it's a mess when it rains. Puddles everywhere and the other day, the leaves blocks the drainage and flooded the entire path sideways and nobody could walk through it unless they wanted wet feet.

Yeah, that's the nearest place I can think of that is actually open.

It's gonna be a pedestrian path for both walkers and cyclists. It won't be like the one we have on the right where you have a footpath on one side and a cycling lane on the other.

Hoping they upgrade that footpath soon as it's a mess when it rains. Puddles everywhere and the other day, the leaves blocks the drainage and flooded the entire path sideways and nobody could walk through it unless they wanted wet feet.

The cycle track on the avenue that is there now is horrible. It's so uneven :eek:

The cycle track on the avenue that is there now is horrible. It's so uneven :eek:

Yeah, it's worse when I have a tiny hole in the sole of my shoes and everytime I walk into a puddle, my socks are soaked :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Side note, I never knew that road was called "The Avenue". :pac:

Yeah, it's worse when I have a tiny hole in the sole of my shoes and everytime I walk into a puddle, my socks are soaked :(

I live past the roundabout so its annoying to walk home and cycling in and out is annoying too so I've started bringing in 2 pairs of socks everyday :pac:
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Side note, I never knew that road was called "The Avenue". :pac:

Hahahaha I'm not sure what people call it :o

According to the maps on UL, it's called the Avenue Road :P

Are you in Brookfield? Do they not have buses shuttling students between UL and the apartments every so often?

Fourth Year... the year of no sleep...
    Feeling-Overwhelmed-Youre-Not-Alone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, boards meet up in scholars tonight at 9! Should be good craic, be good to put a few faces to the names :P

Where's HS building? Is it on the other side of the river or is it beside the Engineering Research Building by the living bridge?

Have mechanics tutorial in HSG031 this evening and if it's on the other side of the river, I'll needn't bother going since I'm in Plassey..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Where's HS building? Is it on the other side of the river or is it beside the Engineering Research Building by the living bridge?

Have mechanics tutorial in HSG031 this evening and if it's on the other side of the river, I'll needn't bother going since I'm in Plassey..

Across the living bridge. It's the building on the right as you come off the bridge. Worth the trip over for the sexy doctors and nurses. ;)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Across the living bridge. It's the building on the right as you come off the bridge. Worth the trip over for the sexy doctors and nurses. ;)

Yeah fúck that. I'm not walking that far for an hour of mechanics. Highly doubt there'll be any sexy doctors and nurses at 6pm :P

Why doesn't the library let you take out more than 5 books? How do they expect anyone to do a Literature Review with only five books, especially when there's no seats for you to do it without taking out books?
    Also, why are there a heap of empty shelves but a load of books taking up seats with a sign "no room on shelves"? Those books won't take up much more than a shelf
    Error 404: Logic not found.

I'm actually currently watching three people waiting to pounce on one seat, the poor lad is still putting his stuff away...

sup_dude wrote: »
    Also, why are there a heap of empty shelves but a load of books taking up seats with a sign "no room on shelves"? Those books won't take up much more than a shelf
    Error 404: Logic not found.

That's something that annoys me every time I'm looking for a chair. They've been empty for ages! You could fit tables where the empty shelves are :confused:

• Advertisement

That's something that annoys me every time I'm looking for a chair. They've been empty for ages! You could fit tables where the empty shelves are :confused:

Yup, for study week, they won't even have to buy tables, they can just bring in some from empty classrooms if they move the shelves out of the way.

To the person behind me,
    Too much aftershave is as bad as too little... my eyes are watering and my sinus is going crazy. It's not even a nice smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

How early will I have to be on the library study week to get a spot or is it even worth it?

shano_88 wrote: »
    How early will I have to be on the library study week to get a spot or is it even worth it?

About 7 or so and queue, then wait for the madness that is study week library...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

About 7 or so and queue, then wait for the madness that is study week library...

but it doesn't open until 8 :eek:

Midkemia wrote: »
    but it doesn't open until 8 :eek:

You might get away with half seven, depending on the crowds, but given it's difficult to find a seat during semester this year, I would go early. Every year, there is a massive queue for the library and a ramage of students scrambling for seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Why are people so obsessed with the library? I'm in a computer lab right now with at least 30 free PC's. Its such a ridiculous magnet.

Chavways wrote: »
    Why are people so obsessed with the library? I'm in a computer lab right now with at least 30 free PC's. Its such a ridiculous magnet.

It's not computers people be after but the access to books and quietness. Plus, those computers are disgusting, especially the fish tank, where there's a layer of gunk on the tables...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

It's not computers people be after but the access to books and quietness. Plus, those computers are disgusting, especially the fish tank, where there's a layer of gunk on the tables...

You'll be hard pressed to find quietness in the library.

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »
    You'll be hard pressed to find quietness in the library.

I dunno, I've been there just about every day for the last couple of weeks and it's been grand in terms of noise.

Advertisement