Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dixiefly wrote: »
    I also wonder will some touts get burned on the aforementioned 3 gigs.

Fingers crossed that they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone know the capacity for Kilkenny gigs?

heard today between 25,000 to 30,000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We all know Bruce loves Ireland and Dublin, what ya reckon the chances are of him playing a sneaky warm up secret gig somewhere in the capital (And no, i don't mean Cork for any of you boggers reading this!!:P )

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

scudzilla wrote: »
    We all know Bruce loves Ireland and Dublin, what ya reckon the chances are of him playing a sneaky warm up secret gig somewhere in the capital (And no, i don't mean Cork for any of you boggers reading this!!:P )

Pretty slim I'd say, 5 Irish gigs in less than 2 weeks is probably enough!

omicron wrote: »
    Pretty slim I'd say, 5 Irish gigs in less than 2 weeks is probably enough!

Don't rule it out, tour finishes in Kilkenny so no time constraints.

Does Bruce do secret gigs? I know a lot of bands do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Don't rule it out, tour finishes in Kilkenny so no time constraints.

Does Bruce do secret gigs? I know a lot of bands do

W/Joe Ely:

1996-03-17, The Mean Fiddler, Dublin, Ireland
    unannounced

All Just to Get to You
    Oh Boy
    Long Tall Sally
    I Keep My Fingernails Long
    Settle for Love
    Dusty Old Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    W/Joe Ely:

1996-03-17, The Mean Fiddler, Dublin, Ireland
    unannounced

All Just to Get to You
    Oh Boy
    Long Tall Sally
    I Keep My Fingernails Long
    Settle for Love
    Dusty Old Roads

I don't think it was a secret gig more an unannounced guest appearance. It was Joe Ely's gig, and Bruce joined him for a few songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Hi,
    I've a question about ticketmaster if anyone can help, do they accept a visa debit card, as in not a lasercard or credit card, booked before when my AIB card was a lasercard too but not 100% sure with these new cards.. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Yes, I use my Visa debit most times I book with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Cheers...

• Advertisement

As he's doin a full Irish Tour now i'm not gonna bother with tickets in Kilkenny, gonna wait till he announces a Trim date ;)

As he's doin a full Irish Tour now i'm not gonna bother with tickets in Kilkenny, gonna wait till he announces a Trim date ;)

Marcie's Marquee? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

heard today between 25,000 to 30,000

35,000 at least I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

This could be a silly question, but how fast are the tickets for the Springsteen concert in Kilkenny likely to sell next Thursday?

The reason I ask is that I'll be in Waterford that morning early and had planned to get them in the ticketmaster outlet there. Would that be a risky thing to do or should I get someone with access to the internet to get them online for me?

Girlfriend is a big fan and want to get her tickets for her birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l'd get someone else to get for you online, just to be safe! the other dates sold out in no time & there still seems to be demand for them...l wouldn't risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

wayne0308 wrote: »
    This could be a silly question, but how fast are the tickets for the Springsteen concert in Kilkenny likely to sell next Thursday?

The reason I ask is that I'll be in Waterford that morning early and had planned to get them in the ticketmaster outlet there. Would that be a risky thing to do or should I get someone with access to the internet to get them online for me?

Only way to guarantee a ticket really si to head into the shop and que before it opens. Online for Bruce is always a shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Given that I didn't buy my ticket for the Cork gig til 4 o'clock the day they went on sale, what are my chances of holding out til around 11 on Thursday to buy them for Kilkenny? Or at the very earliest 9.30? Just doubt if I'll get a chance to get to a computer at 9, and definitely won't manage to get to a ticketmaster outlet. I literally must have gotten one of the very last ones for Cork because about ten minutes after I got mine, Aiken Promotions posted on facebook that the gig was sold out- will these one even last til 4?

I suppose in short I'm asking: do ye think this will sell fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Hi guys.
    Especially Kilkenny locals!
    Can anyone make a suggestion for accomodation in or around the city...the closer to Nowlan Park the better!
    Am hoping to get a couple of tickets for the Sunday night gig and there seems to be practically nothing available online?
    Anyone in the know?? Help would be very much appreciated!
    Cheers xx

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RevRun

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My friend has been booked to play the after party for Bruce and the crew after the Kilkenny gigs, cannot wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

would you get tickets if you went on at 9 thur moring just wondering

rossit wrote: »
    would you get tickets if you went on at 9 thur moring just wondering

Like as in on the internet? They're only on sale at 9 anyway and not before then so I don't really know what you mean :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

wayne0308 wrote: »

I might be wrong but I have a feeling that the Kilkenny gigs will struggle to sell out. It's another 60,000 on top of whatever has sold already for the other 3 gigs.

Of course to be safe get them as soon as possible.

kryogen wrote: »
    My friend has been booked to play the after party for Bruce and the crew after the Kilkenny gigs, cannot wait!

Where would that be....Mount Juliet perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Any advise on seated tickets guys? Anyone familiar with layout of Nowlan Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Any advise on seated tickets guys? Anyone familiar with layout of Nowlan Park?

The new stand is very big. It reaches the whole length of the pitch. You'll have a good view everywhere on the pitch bar right behind the big girders that hold the roof in place. There are only about 5/6 of them there though so you should be fine.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I have a feeling that the Kilkenny gigs will struggle to sell out. It's another 60,000 on top of whatever has sold already for the other 3 gigs.

Of course to be safe get them as soon as possible.

Really? I reckon it'll sell well, the hype has died a little I suppose since it was announced but I don't think there'll be a problem getting rid of the tickets- just hoping it won't be a mental rush cos of not being able to get to a computer til about 9.30! As I said on this thread before, the other gigs didn't sell out til the afternoon and at that stage they were the only ones we knew of so hopefully it'll be ok!

What a loser I am, replying again before anyone else :o :pac::pac:

Anyway, rumours going around that there'll be a third date added to Kilkenny- I'm calling BS on this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Meangadh wrote: »
    What a loser I am, replying again before anyone else :o :pac::pac:

Anyway, rumours going around that there'll be a third date added to Kilkenny- I'm calling BS on this one though.

A third date, very good.. I'm going to be going to the one on Sunday. Cant wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Will it be a max of 4, 6, or 8 tickets per online transaction does anybody know? Thanks

Advertisement