Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamie c

DEB Irish hl paper 2
    comprehensions were annus horribilis ag priomh aire Julia gillard by bearnai o doibhlin from beo, grammar was briathar modh coinniolach and aidiacht uimhir uatha. second comprehension was eadai ar athlaimh ca dteann siad agus ce a bhaineann leas astu by Lisa nic an bhreithimh from beo, grammar was briathar saor aimsir chaite and ainmfhocal baininscneach sa ghinideach uatha

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clarinsmc00

Will you please post the business .. there has been other posts about it but if you could remember anymore of the ABQ especially! Thank you! :D

Business DEB HL:
    for the ABQ, a)you need to evaluate marketing mix, (the four P's.)
    b)i explain ethics
    ii discuss the social responsiblities.
    c)write about opportunities and challenges for expanding to a global market.

break evens, ratios,
    q2) explain open economy and how it relates to ireland, why do we benefit from using euro currency, explain CAP, common policy and CFP.

Thank you so much for that!! Do you by any chance remember anything else.. its fine if you dont! :) Were you stuck for time in the exam? :D Thank you!!!

Business DEB HL:
    q1) whats an interest group?
    i)explain employee discrimination?
    ii)what effects does is have on the workplace?

i didn't do q2, q3 is the open economy one^^
    for the ration qs is just the ratio formulas.
    short qs were explain intraprenuership and benefits. whats an indigenous firm and benefits. difference between capacity of contract and consideration. whats limited liability.

sorry if i remeber anything else i post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leavingcertt

Maths DEB HL:

For maths debs hl is the
    theorem 12 the proportional sides one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 callmeginger

Kingslea22 wrote: »

Accounting DEB HL:
    Q1 Sole Trader - Goods in Transit/Restocking Charge/Mortgage Interest - Suspense/ personal drawings/depreciation-disposal vans/revaluation buildings.
    Q.2/3/4 I didnt do them but Creditors Control/and Tabular were there anyway!
    Q.5 Always intepretation of accounts - didnt do this Q either
    Q.6 Published - no dividends adjustment! Notes on 1. Tangible Assets and Stock 2. Operating Profit 3. Interst and 4. Tangible Fixed Assets. Theory - what to do with (cant remember what they're called?) liabilty which is probable to happen
    Q.7 Incomplete forwards - theres cash at the begining of the year, all adjustments were grand! theory on accounting concepts
    Q8. Identical question to 2006 - Marginal & Absorption - the theory was different though
    Q9. Simple Production Budget

Accounting DEB HL:

Can you tell me if the
    Intepretation account was debenture holders or shareholders? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abc123zyx

Dunney101 wrote: »
    Geography HL:

I don't know any of the physical essays, for the regional section one of questions consists of
    A not sure, part B manufacturing in GDA and BMW and part C population distribution in Italy... for the human section part B to a question is urbanisation and its effects in sao paulo and C is a map question (settlement patterns)

80 mark option question geocology soil processes.

Can you verify that
    'part B manufacturing in GDA and BMW and part C population distribution in Italy'
    belongs to the one question?
    sconaty27 wrote: »
    What company?

DEB (sounds very similiar to the hints my teacher gave us!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 sconaty27

Irish Examcraft HL:

im not sure if this is examcraft or debs but ill know tomorrow..
    the essay is on the education system or racism, the an triail is on society in ireland, the poem is mo ghra-sa and the pros is oisin i dtir na nog or caca milis
    (confirmed as Examcraft)
    Whats the Gafa Q on that? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Maths Paper 2, Higher level, Examcraft
    Construction: Locate centre of gravity of triangle (Centroid I believe)
    Find equation of 2 possible circles given a point that is on both circles, their radii and the line that their centre points is on,
    Probability: Working backwards
    Area and volume: tap A fills cylinder in 3 mins, tap B fills it in 15, how long if they work together. Also question on finding the height and radius of cylinder given volume.
    Statistics: Most suitable graph, define stratified sampling and give example, calculate correlation co-efficient
    Theorem was to prove that 2 similar triangles have proportional sides.

Physics, Higher Level, Examcraft, More Informative Spoiler
    1: Law of equilibrium, calculating anti-clock moments and clockwise moments, using first law of equilibrium to find the weight of a wooden ruler being held up by a fixed support and being pulled down by a fixed mass
    Easy enough question, no diagrams to draw, Bit of general knowledge like "How did student measure weight of metre stick"

2:Measuring wavelength of monochromatic light
    Describe with aid of diagram,
    Using given data to calculate wavelength,
    How to improve accuracy

3: Specific heat capacity of water
    Explain how mass of water was found
    Why is it better to have room temp mid-way between initial temp and final temp,
    Use given data to calculate SHC of water,
    What effect would increased current have on the accuracy of experiment for the same temperature rise <- WORTH 15 MARKS OUT OF 40!

4: Investigating the variation of current with potential difference for a semiconductor diode connected in forward bias.
    Draw circuit diagram used by the student to collect given results,
    Draw graph to show how current varies with p.d.,
    Does the graph indicate that the semiconductor diode obeys Ohm's law and explain answer,
    Sketch graph you would expect to obtain for diode in reverse bias.
    All 4 parts worth 10 marks. Handy question to learn off quick!

5:
    (a) State Archimedes principle
    (B) Whats the angular velocity of an object on the surface of the earth due to the rotation of the earth about it's axis
    (C) Why does diffraction not occur when light passes thru a window,
    (D) Which wave phenomenom distinguishes transverse waves from longitudinal waves
    (E) Calculate the critical angle if refractive index is 1.35
    (F) How are electrons accelerated in a cathode ray tube
    (G) Capacitor's capacitance is 100 microF. It's charged to a p.d. of 20V. Whats the energy stored in it?
    (H) Explain why high voltages are used in transmitting electricity
    (J) Draw the truth table for an AND gate

6: Simple harmonic motion and Hookes Law statement

7: Wave motion of sound and light,
    Interference and diffraction,
    Experiment to show sound is a wave motion,
    Difference between longitudinal waves and transverse waves,
    Experiment to demonstrate light waves are transverse

8: CNUT of a question!
    Magnetic flux, what is it?
    Faradays law and an experiment to demonstrate it,
    Calculations to find the EMF induced by a rotating coil of wire in a uniform magnetic flux density

9:Something to do with freshly cleaned zinc on an electroscope and ultraviolet radiation,
    How X-rays are produced in X-ray tube

10 a: Fundamental forces of nature,
    Experiment to do with Einsteins formula E=mc squared and the other 2 scientists that verified it,
    OR
    10 b: AND, OR and NOT gates, truth tables,
    Experiment that estableshes the truth gate for one of them,
    Circuit diagram for NOT gate using a voltage inverter containing bipolar resistor, Explain how its a NOT gate

11: Lightning conductor,
    Electric field strength,
    Ions and conducting,
    How do charged clouds become neutralised,
    2 ways that lightning rods prevent damage to buildings from lightning,
    Why pointed items shouldn't be used around high voltage electrical equipment

12: Answer any 2
    (a) Velocity and acceleration formulae,
    The last part is sneaky as stone's starting velocity is not 0m/s. It's the speed of the hot air balloon which is 40m/s I think
    (b) Conservation of energy,
    Potential and kinetic energy formulae,
    Calculate Kinetic energy, velocity and momentum of swinging block
    (c) Stationary waves, harmonics, frequencies
    (d) Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion,
    Calculate energy given off using given data

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaz94

EXAMCRAFT IRISH PAPER 2
    Mo ghrá sa and Oisín i dTír na nÓg.

OL or HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emerald Shilling

Higher Level Irish Paper 1
    Examcraft

A-Aiste
    Eisimirce: Réiteach ghéarchéim eacnamaíochta na tíre seo.
    An mhaith agus an t-olc sa chóras oideachais.
    Tábhacht na n-ealaíon i saol an lae inniu.

B-Scéal
    Cairdeas.
    Is fearr an tsláinte ná na táinte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

The listening:
    Found it quite hard myself so can't tell you much but had a section about young people drinking. One questions asks for a seanfhocal which is "Níl neart gur cur le chéile"
    The Aiste:
    the good and evil of the education system

The Disopoireact:
    included something an todchaí clubanna oige
    The other one was either young people don't listen, or young people arent listened to. I wasn't sure which exactly it meant...

Scéál:
    Cairdeas

Alt/Nuactan:
    Ghaeilge - Tír gan teanga, Tír gan anam

Can't remember the rest, but hope this helps!

Forgot to say, this for higher level!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adrianrrr1994

HL Biology Examcraft

Short Ans : Spoiler:
    Food , photosynthesis, auxin, homeostasis

Exp : Spoiler:
    1Q is is mix of enzyme questions , 2Q mix of yeast alcohol one and photosynthesis , 3Q leaf yeast

Long: Spoiler: e
    cology, genetics, digestion, plant reprod, respiration, eye, bacteria, plant transport

<snip>

HL Biology Examcraft:

Short Ans : Spoiler:
    Food , photosynthesis, auxin, homeostasis

Exp : Spoiler:
    1Q is is mix of enzyme questions , 2Q mix of yeast alcohol one and photosynthesis , 3Q leaf yeast

Long: Spoiler: e
    cology, genetics, digestion, plant reprod, respiration, eye, bacteria, plant transport

I need english paper 2 , geography (that has ballina as map) and history tips please :)

english paper two for DEB is
    plath, bishop, mahon and wordsworth. the macbeth question is about tyranny or is lady macbeth a ruthless character. hope that helps:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please use the 'thanks' button* if you wish to thank a poster.

*Thumbs up button on far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FashionGirl

History DEB:
    Pursuit of S had Anglo-irish treaty, policies of Fianna F and Cumann, something about the 1916 rising. Dictatorship had the internal policies of Stalin and/or Mussolini. Has the Nuremberg Rallies on it. Technology of warfare. For Northern Ireland Section it had Welfare state, the Apprentice Boys role in Ulster unionist culture. Sunning dale why was it significant.
    Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrSully

DEB Higher Level DCG
    Short Questions consisted of an axonometric, Skew lines (find the shortest distance and finding it's length, A prism cut by planes and finding the inclination of the truncation.. forget the last one sorry!
    Q1 Involved planes, find the line of intersection, dihedral angle and inclination of a line to the horizontal plane. Q2 Perspective, straight forward but the scales were all messed up i think! Q3 I haven't a notion what this was based on but anyway.. Drawing the elevation and plan with inclinations to the vertical plan, development i think and finding the traces of the oblique plane!
    Geologic Geometry:B to A was 1 in 20 falling! Cuttings were 1:1.5 and fill was 1:1. Determine Dip and strike. Determine thickness of stratum
    Dynamic Mechanisms: Cam, very odd cam tho! Two circles on top of each other, i wan't too sure how to approach it! And another very weird pin joint of a door opening system!

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

Top right hand side... what does that mean ? :P

for english paper 2 Exam craft:
    unseen poetry = The embrace by Mark ...(something)
    Comparative = theme and aspect
    cultural context : power and status
    Poetry = Shakespeare: love /tragedy in his poetry
    Bishop: profound vivid insights
    Mahon : people and places
    Hopskin : (don't remember sorry)

Macbeth: theme of kingship/ Macbeth downfall- is he responsible of it despite the witches and LAdy M.

Irish:

Can someone PLEASE CONFIRM this for me and everyone else! It's the Irish paper! Either one just look at the spoiler and confirm!
    The essay on Coras Oideachas is the same paper with Oisin and Mo Ghra Sa. If not can someone please confirm it for me. Also what is the essay that accompanies An Lasair Choille and Geibheann paper?
    THANK YOU It has been too confusing to understand! Have it tomorrow so anytime soon would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Irish:

Can someone PLEASE CONFIRM this for me and everyone else! It's the Irish paper! Either one just look at the spoiler and confirm!
    The essay on Coras Oideachas is the same paper with Oisin and Mo Ghra Sa. If not can someone please confirm it for me. Also what is the essay that accompanies An Lasair Choille and Geibheann paper?
    THANK YOU It has been too confusing to understand! Have it tomorrow so anytime soon would be greatly appreciated :)

Irish Examcraft HL:

Yes the first part of the post is the examcraft HL Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

Irish DEB:
    Corais oideachais
    is on the DEB paper
    Oisin and mo ghrasa is exam craft
    I dont know what essays come up on examcraft but ive already posted everything on DEB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

higher level DEB irish paper two pls?

I already posted the whole paper, make the effort to read through the posts

abc123zyx wrote: »
    Yes, coras oideachais, oisin and mo ghra-sa is Examcraft...
    Lasair choille/caca milis and geibheann is DEB- Essay on DEB is music, challenge in society, the olympics....

GEOG DEB HELP?

Geography DEB:

here
    it was a q on climate in biome or characteristics of soil, karst landscape, human interaction with rock cycle, volcano, earthquakes, features of erosion, over population in kolkata or sahel i think it was. population density in mezz or paris basin.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

For anyone who still wants more detailed questions, here you go! :p
    MACEBTH – “The shakespeare’s play, Macbeth, portrays clashes between noble kingship and brutal tyranny”
    "............that Lady Macbeth is a ruthless character compared to Macbeth.

Poetry - Plath - How Plath communicates her powerful emotions through thought-provoking imagery.

Bishop - it was on the lines of talking about "people and places" through "vivid imagery"..

Tip for poetry - I'd suggest you do PLATH
    You dont have to change/add anything, just use your old essays.

Comparative - theme/issue (didn't do this one either)

( 70mks)".......how the theme/issue grow deeper into a narrative text"

Cultural context - 1) "how the main characters were restricted or liberated by the cultural context" 70 mks

2) talk ".....about the social interaction between men and woman..."
    I still dont know what this Question was about even when i had the whole Qs infront of me :(

Recommendation for comparative - do C.C 70 mks
    easiest one to pick- just talk about the social settings such as role of women and social status and how it restricted/liberated the main chararacter

History DEB:

Document was
    France, its about the pied noirs, document Ais a written piece, Document B is a pic jean marie le pen in a race but he's down on one knee. questions are so simple for ex: describe how jean marie looks, do they give a good insight into race relations in france, are they reliable sources, and strengths and weaknesses of cartoons as historical sources. contexuliastion ques=how did the issue of race relations express itself publicy in France.
    Best of luck! Id advise leave Document till last as it is so easy and will only take 20 mins!

Daisaaay wrote: »

Was this DEB :)?

Irish:

yes it was! :) is
    examcraft paper in HL irish=mo ghra sa, oisin and the essay is on coras oideachas??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amealia

I see many are asking about chemistry, personally i think i did awful so hope this helps for anyone that's dreading this exam as much as i was.. :)

CHEMISTRY HL DEBS

Spoiler:
    Q.1 iron tablets titration (including a calculation)

Q.2 Ethanoic acid experiment (including a calculation)

Q.3 Rates of reaction experiment -liberation of Oxygen gas from a hydrogen peroxide solution (be able to draw the apparatus, plot the graph and know to determine instantaneous rate from the graph)

Q.4 random questions like definition of isomers and electronegativity, two catalysts used in catalytic converter of a motor car, to which homologous series do fats belong, equations to describe how nitrogen fixation occurs in flash of a lightning, conjugate acid and base of NH3, scientist who demonstrated electons have a wave nature etc

Q.5 (a) is about electronic strucure of atom (b) all about ionisation energies

Q.6 All about oil refining

Q.7 Organic chem (carboxylic acid, alcohol, ester, alkene)

Q.8 Full water q

Q.9 (a) equilibrium (b) Le Chateliers principle

Q.10 (a) chromatography (b) radioactivity (c) ideal gases

Q.11 (a) emperical formula (b) oxidation (c) options

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

History: (suggested to be Examcraft by later posters - Mod)

For HL History our teacher has told us the Document based question will be on
    Katanga
    , anyone know which company that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paiges

RELIGION HL DEB:
    Section A: Socrates and symbol OR divine revelation and the transcendent in 2 major world religions.

Section B: Implications of Kingdom of God characteristics on Christians AND either achievements + difficulties in search for Christian unity OR 2 rites of worship that remember Jesus.

Section C: Authority in 2 major religions AND role of religious belief in 2 conflict situations.

Section F: One commentator on relationship between religion and environment AND the causes and structural factors contributing to 2 of world hunger/povery in Ireland/discrimination in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cp95

I know a lot of this has been posted already but here is what has come up on the DEB exams i've sat so far and is what I can remember

English DEB HL P1:
    B questions were
    1. Giving a speech to leaving cert students.
    2. You want to interview the girl with cystic fibrosis and write a letter to your editor saying why.
    3. Write 2 diary entries one from the time when his father was young and the other when he was older with a young family.
    Essays.
    Personal essay on a possitive time in your life
    "Pain of saying goodbye" short story

English DEB HL P2:
    Macbeth: First question is on the brutal tyranny that occurs in the play (Theme of Kingship basically)
    Second question is on how Lady Macbeth can seen to be more ruthless than her husband, do you agree.

Comparative: Only question I can remember is the one I did and that was
    "Studying this theme has drawn me as the reader deeper into its narrative"

Poetry: Bishop, Mahon, Path and Wordsworth

Geography DEB HL:
    Physical:
    1A Map question, 1B Karst landscape, unsure of 1C.
    2A Picture provided with question on sea processes, 2B. Write about how 2 Igneous rocks were formed with Irish examples, 2C. Write about the impacts of an earthquake with example you have studied.
    3A. Unsure, 3B. Write about process of mass movement, 3C. Write about the positive and negative impacts of an example of human interaction with the rock cycle.
    Regional:
    1A. Unsure, 1B. Contrast 2 Irish regions primary heading, 1B. Unsure.
    2. Unfortunatly I cant remember much about this question.
    3A. Sketch map of Ireland mark in one region with Tourist attraction, national road, urban area and physical landscape, 3B. Write about how factors have developed tertiary activities in a sub-continental region you have studied, 3C. Explain how human factors have helped develop a region.
    Here I studied the first set of questions in the optional chapters (MNC'S CAP etc..)
    1A. Was a simple question on bathing water, 1B. You must give a grid reference on the map and asks why you would place an adventure centre there, 1C. Examine how a European policy has helped part of an Irish economy
    2A. Draw a copy of the sketch map 2B. A question on effects of non renewable energy 2C. Discuss the effects of colonism on an example you have studied
    3A. Unsure, 3B. Write about an MNC you have studied 3C. Discuss finance or tourism in a country you have studied
    Elective: I have studied Geoecology
    Biomes: Effect of climate on biome and human activites on biome
    Soil: Unsure.

Maths DEB OL:
    Unfortunatly theres not much to give on this as I wont remember specific questions but there is a very long question on sequences (P1) and stem and leaf (P2)

Irish DEB OL P1:
    Blog is on a place you like, your summer and cant remember the other
    Story is on you were alone in your house and heard a knock at the door, you opened the door but no one was there. 2nd story was on opening a letter and you let out a scream.
    Letter/Email was on when you went to spain with your friends and you stayed in a lovely town but the hotel was dirty and uncomfortable write a letter/email of comlpaint to the manager. 2nd one was on that your friend bought you tickets for a concert but your parents wont leave you go because your exams are on at the same time write a letter/email telling your friend.
    This is what I've done so far hope it helps someone! <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Knowsthelaw

engLC123 wrote: »
    examcraft irish paper 2 HL
    know biography genre type for Text 1 Q6b
    oisin i dtir na nog - treithe na bealoidis
    mo ghra sa- (i) cen fath dan nua aimsireatha e?
    (ii) eifeacht na luibini
    (iii) saol an file
    fill aris - (i) an tabhacht an duchas i saol daoine
    (ii) explain lines nigh d'intinn nigh..
    (iii) mothuchain fein

any spoilers for examcraft HL irish paper 1?

examcraft irish paper 2 HL

Do you know what came up for a thig na tit orm ? heard its about
    life in the gealtacht/home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement