Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Orla95 wrote: »
    OL examcraft english paper 2 anyone? badly stuck!:(

look at my above text, im still getting used to this sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blue monkey

look at my above text, im still getting used to this sorry :)
    I have the ordinary level done and by the sound I did that exact paper...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Denis322 wrote: »
    From what I can remember:
    Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    It gives you an LR Imperfect Competion curve and you have to label+describe it
    Long Questions:
    -Definition of Law of Demand+exceptions to the law
    -Exceptions to the Law of Marginal Utility
    -Draw an LR(I think) Monopoly curve and describe + there were questions on monopoly like I think how they arise etc.
    -What is the birth rate?
    -Questions on how Govt. will need to prepare infrastructure for the increasing population
    -Is the new property tax in July 2013 progressive or regressive?
    -You are one of the minister for finance's advisors, give one piece of income advice and one piece of expenditure advice on how to decrease the national debt

That's most of what I remember, but trust me, even if you only know what's there it's easily 60% if you do all the Q's I did.
    Any spoilers for Maths 2, History, Business or Ag Science? A HL Examcraft :)
    Good luck :D

Sorry, I've only had examcraft papers craft papers so far and I forgot to look check during the exam so I just assumed it was Examcraft, but apparently it is actually the DEB paper? The examcraft papers have all been made of a glossy sort of paper, but economics was just ordinary pink paper; so I guess it must have been DEB? Anyone able to confirm which it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

First mock back today :D A1 (92%) in Geography HL!

The only way is the down I fear, Maths (5%->20%) is waiting for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sjeff

Geography:

<snip> i did geog today
    . it was q on climate in a biome or characteristics of soil, karst landscape, human interaction with rock cycle, volcano, earthquakes, feature of erosion, over population *kolkata or sahel i think they were looking for* population density in mezz or paris basin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

Thank you!!,but do you what macbeth questions are comming up? so stuck !

English HL:

I don't sorry, they answered on circle of friends. On higher level though
    Macbeths downfall and kingship
    came up, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Megank94

AoifeAoife wrote: »

Physics:
    simple harmonic motion, optics, couples and forces, particle physics neutrino, cockroft and walton, pauli and quark composition, experiments; g by freefall, tuning fork and resonance tube, vapourisation of liquid.

Is that DEB?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pigeonchest

Hey, just wondering what company has barcode on bottom left of the front page and bottom right of the back.
    Irish Aural, last section was
    about a fashion show
    fairly sure it was the DEB paper, just want someone to confirm, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 engLC123

examcraft irish paper 2 HL
    know biography genre type for Text 1 Q6b
    oisin i dtir na nog - treithe na bealoidis
    mo ghra sa- (i) cen fath dan nua aimsireatha e?
    (ii) eifeacht na luibini
    (iii) saol an file
    fill aris - (i) an tabhacht an duchas i saol daoine
    (ii) explain lines nigh d'intinn nigh..
    (iii) mothuchain fein

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobcat2013

Macbeth (1) Shakespear's play, Macbeth presents us with a clash between noble kingship and brutal tyranny. OR (2) Lady Macbeth is a much more ruthless character than her husband, Macbeth. Comparative: (1) Theme/Issue (2)Cultural Context: (a) Th main characters are often restricted or liberated by the cultural context of a narrative OR (b) The social interaction between men and women can be central to our understanding or the cultural context of a text-show how this statement may apply to one text on your comparative course from point or view of the male or female character(s) -with reference to 2 other texts on your comparative course, explain how social interaction between men and women helped you understanding of the cultural contexts in those texts. Poetry: (1) Elizabeth Bishop -use of people and places and vivid imagery (2) Derek Mahon 'dark vision of life is conveyed in poems that are both interesting and atmospheric' (3) Sylvia Plath 'plaths poetry reflects a wide range of powerful emotions communicated through thought-provoking imagery' (4) William Wordsworth 'in his poetry, wordsworth reveals his own response to nature and the relationship between nature and humankind.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Orla95

AoifeAoife wrote: »

Maths OL Paper 1:
    It was really easy! Graphs, argand diagram, differentiate 3x + h from first principles, speed distance and times through calculus, terms of a sequence, simultaneous equations, complex numbers and conjugates, that's all I can remember! Paper 2 if you get it would help me a lot, by the way :P

Is this exam craft paper or DEB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pad2013

Irish:

did you find out what company the answer in the irish tape was
    estasy?

Suggested to be DEB by later posters - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blue monkey

Yes please !!:)

English OL DEB Paper 2:

ok
    comparitive is tension,climate, or resolution and theme. the poem is prodical and badger and the hug all v easy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

123Sd wrote: »
    Is there going to be a proper link leading to a document where we can view each subject clearly and what paper they are from side by side ??

No one is doing this at the moment as far as I know. However, if you search the thread (tab at the top) with your subject name, the results should clearly point you to the relevant posts.
    do schools only pick one company for all papers?

Not necessarily, different schools will do it different ways.
    No one actually said what French HL written pieces and options were for DEBS, any help? Thanks

This has definitely been posted. Have you searched the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kel13

Essay titles are the
    ceilí band and the harping tradition
    and the main question is
    tchaikovsky
    also look at
    all the c sections in barry they will ask for comparisons
    and the melody question is
    upbeat
    :)

What paper has just the code a the top right? Is it examcraft? Cause i need english poems and on paper 2 OL BADLY!!

Orla95, you've posted 10 requests in the last 2 hours when we've specifically said to cut down on requests due to clogging up the thread unnecessarily. Some of your questions have already been answered previously in the thread, for example, the question quoted above is answered on the first page. Please search the thread before asking for spoilers.

If the papers you are looking for have not been posted yet and your exam is tomorrow, your time would probably be better spent revising for the exam.

mayrocks7 wrote: »
    Any (OL) Irish paper 2 Examcraft???
    badger is the poem, I havent done the poem but our teacher told us it was coming up...she also hinted for jungian cows :)

French DEB HL:
    The mandatory question, well the one I did was about the importance of having dreams or ambition, there was a journal intime about taking a year before uni to travel,there was an opinion question on children watching too much telly,one about fishing and one about people being over weight but don't remember them all!
    hope that helps :)

mocker2012 wrote: »
    We need more chemistry info than that!!

To be honest I think you should put some effort into it yourself. From that spoiler you know what the experiments are, for example. My advice would be to go through those experiments and every possible question that could come up on them. Then at least you've done some productive study that will come in useful for the real exam.

If you get the exact questions on each of those experiments there is really no point in sitting the mock at all. I understand the panic before the mock exams but you've been given a lot of information to work with there so go study those ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionagotbored

kel13 wrote: »
    Essay titles are the
    ceilí band and the harping tradition
    and the main question is
    tchaikovsky
    also look at
    all the c sections in barry they will ask for comparisons
    and the melody question is
    upbeat
    :)

Music DEB:

Any chance you remember what part of
    Romeo and Juliet came up in Tchaikovsky? And what section of Bach
    came up? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 leoleoleo

Irish:

hey im not sure whether im doing the deb or exam craft paper but i've heard a lot of essay titles and
    mo grasa and geibheann and caca milis and oisin.
    can any one say which is which? and any clues about the an trial questions on each paper? thanks and sorry for asking

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

Sjeff wrote: »
    Geography:

anyone know whats on biology DEb paper HL? i did geog today
    . it was q on climate in a biome or characteristics of soil, karst landscape, human interaction with rock cycle, volcano, earthquakes, feature of erosion, over population *kolkata or sahel i think they were looking for* population density in mezz or paris basin

Geography:

hey was d
    climate question how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome
    by ny chance?? tryin to figure ou if i have debs or xamcraft

nickyh wrote: »
    hey was d
    climate question how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome
    by ny chance?? tryin to figure ou if i have debs or xamcraft

Geography DEB:

was there a question on
    igneous rocks?
    i think that would be deb

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

pad2013 wrote: »
    Irish:

did you find out what company the answer in the irish tape was
    estasy?
    Its DEB just had paper 1 2day. Forget all of it wat came up but hardly understood any of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

IsabelleM wrote: »
    Any chance you know what's coming up on paper 2? Any info is helpful! Thanks!

HL Maths paper 2 examcraft:
    I did it a few days ago it was hard :( here what I remember:
    it had construction question find the centre of a triangle
    cosx=0.5 find the angle 0<x<360
    find the equation of the circle you are given line equation and a point

scatter plots
    define Stratifed sampling + example
    probably questions: chance of getting a 5 rotten oranges if 20% are rotten
    probably of getting 1 rotten orange

find how many white marble are in the bag- you are given the probability of the white marbles

-cant think of anymore but thats is about 70% of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosie95

Toohey wrote: »
    HL DEBS BUSINESS
    ok short qs of what I can remember ... Intrapreneurship and its benefits indigenous firms and its benefits balance of trade and payments consideration to contract consent to contract know what interest groups are and examples

Abq on the marketing mix ... The four Ps etc

Long qs .. Btw these will all be mixed up as dont exactly know what qs they were on and what parts.

Sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 refund replacement repair business ethics common agricultural policy and common fisheries policy know unique selling point and target market full question on break even analysis including the margin of safety and the profit margin

Litrelly gone blank but that's what i can remember. I did not have enough time at all by the way so be prepared!

for the abq was it
    to evaluate the marketing mix or to make a marketing mix for the product?

Spoilers please!!!

i havent actually done it yet these are just hints from my teacher sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

Music DEB:

For anyone who wants to know my music teacher told us that
    Romeo and Juliet is Q1
    on deb papers I think :) the exam craft was posted earlier on in the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

leoleoleo wrote: »
    Irish:

hey im not sure whether im doing the deb or exam craft paper but i've heard a lot of essay titles and
    mo grasa and geibheann and caca milis and oisin.
    can any one say which is which? and any clues about the an trial questions on each paper? thanks and sorry for asking

Irish DEB:
    Caca and geibheann
    is deb.

Spoilers please!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Queenoflion

Spanish:

I'm doing the Spanish paper soon we've done the listening already I haven't a clue which manufactured the paper but on the listening there's a piece about
    Harry Houdini!
    If anyone knows the essay title coming up you'd be the biggest legend!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement