Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

English HL Paper 2:

For paper 2, our teacher gave us small hints such as
    Macbeth- theme Qs-Kingship and for charcter qs- Macbeth himself although pay attention to how he changes from the start till the end of the play.
    Poetry: Definite Mahon and Bishop

• Registered Users Posts: 1 washing machine

microbiology
    is q's 2 or 3 in long questions not sure if its craft or deb though sorry

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Anyone have any hints for the Chemistry paper? Either Examcraft or DEB, don't know which one I'm getting but need to narrow down what I'm trying to study! D:

Chemistry:

we were told that one of these experiments is going to come up
    Ethanal or Ethanoic acid

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

HL Debs Business:
    Question on the policies in the EU chapter and i think its CAP and the fisheries one

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

RML wrote: »
    we were told that one of these experiments is going to come up
    Ethanal or Ethanoic acid

Chemistry:

Our teacher told us which one is actually coming up.
    ethanal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Can someone tell me EVERYTHING about HL Irish paper please? And anyone know what the HL Business ABQ is?? Thank you :)

Irish Examcraft HL:

im not sure if this is examcraft or debs but ill know tomorrow..
    the essay is on the education system or racism, the an triail is on society in ireland, the poem is mo ghra-sa and the pros is oisin i dtir na nog or caca milis
    (confirmed as Examcraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

im not sure if this is examcraft or debs but ill know tomorrow..
    the essay is on the education system or racism, the an triail is on society in ireland, the poem is mo ghra-sa and the pros is oisin i dtir na nog or caca milis

Irish DEB:
    Debs paper has
    Mo ghra-sa and oisin on it. And social life for maidhc dainin!
    Dats wat my teacher said anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

Business DEB HL:

Hi Lads,

My Business teacher told us that
    Business Ethics
    is coming up in HL, I'm pretty sure its on the Debs exam papers as they are the only ones she uses.

<no requests>

I was reading the first few posts and cant make out if
    Caca Millis and Idir Lubini etc
    is for OL or HL? Please state the level because its pretty confusing and frustrating.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dunney101

Andiee wrote: »
    Geography HL anyone please?

Geography HL: (Suggested to be DEB by later posters - mod)

I don't know any of the physical essays, for the regional section one of questions consists of
    A not sure, part B manufacturing in GDA and BMW and part C population distribution in Italy... for the human section part B to a question is urbanisation and its effects in sao paulo and C is a map question (settlement patterns)

80 mark option question geocology soil processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaunaMoll

History DEB HL:

History HL hints. Think this is for the DEB paper
    Economic policies of CnaG and Fianna Fail
    Anglo Irish treaty debates
    Stalins economic policies
    Apprentice boys of derry - cultural aspect
    Case study on france or the congo

Hope this helps but these are only hints. Could be more aspects to the questions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

I don't know what papers we are using but when I know Ill post it.

Irish HL:
    Apparently an essay title is on education system also poems either Mo Ghra sa, geibheann or colscaradh.
    English Hl:
    Bishop
    History:
    Lemass for Later Ireland essay

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K695

Our school is doing DEB mocks aswell, mine aren't till next week but I have a fair few spoilers for those papers!

English paper 2 (HL) DEB:
    Poets are Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare and Hopkins. Comparative questions are Cultural Context and Themes and Issues.

Home ec (HL) DEB:
    Marrage and family structures is a definate question, so is microbiology (food spoilage and preservation part of the Q). Social elective will be a mixture of poverty, work and education. O1 is a macronutrient from what i've heard either protein or lipids.

Irish (OL) DEB:
    Caca mílis summary and how the woman feels in Dís for the pros. Spailpín fanach and colscardh are the poems the letter is about declining an invite to a concert.

Biology (HL) DEB:
    The eye, kreb cycle, study of an ecosystem, nitrogen cycle, plants and reproduction (not sure which one)

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Police Tape Chalk Line

Our Irish (OL) teacher told us that
    what came up on last years Leaving Cert in definatly not on the Mocks, so that rules out Hurlamaboc, Oisin, Geibheann and An tEarrach Thiar.
    Not sure which papers they're off, but a lot our other teachers are using DEBS papers, so possibly from the same company?

English (HL) I would assume
    Cultural Context for the Comparative Studies, considering the fact our teacher hasn't covered anything else with us!! Probably Bishop and Hopkins for the poetry, because our teacher has a bad habit revising whats coming up on the exam the week before the exam is, and we've spent all this week covering Bishop, and we're revising Hopkins next week.
    Not sure about the company again, possibly DEBS?

<no requests>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

As a teacher I'd just like to give a word of warning to students, because of the amount of prediction/copying on the mocks we ordered three sets this year and will be giving a combination (maths). While the spoilers may help don't be surprised if some of them aren't on your papers. Best of luck to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Did u sit the Paper 2 exam?

Yep, sat it yesterday. I got in and around 65/70 on the comparative and around 55/60 on Macbeth, but about 40/70 on poetry because I ran out of time -.- left out the unseen poetry completely..

Just finished my mocks there lads. I think I got one A, three B's, one C, one D and definitely failed maths.

Take my advise though. DO NOT STRESS.

Because of nerves and everything else that goes along with exams, I woke up at 6.30 Monday 6.05 Tuesday 5.20 Wednesday 4.45 Thursday and 5.50 yesterday. That's about ten hours sleep I lost, which really fecked me over. I had a mental breakdown of sorts during Biology because of a combination of a lack of sleep and nerves. I knew the material, but I left 45 minutes early, and I 'm hoping to survive from failing by scraping a D :( (that and the fact I tried to study 14 chapters in 2 and a half hours which didn't exactly work too well for me)

The teachers don't expect you to do well. You're preparing for June, not Janurary/ February. So don't freak out if you're not ready, because to be honest, you shouldn't be. Do NOT do what I did for Biology and cram like it's life or death. And remember, no matter how bad you think you're doing, there's always someone who is in a worse position.

EXAMCRAFT ENGLISH PAPER 2:
    Poets:

Bishop - profound insights through vivid moments of perception.
    Mahon - people and places
    Shakespeare - insights to love, death and mortality
    Hopkins - tight balance between powerful emotions and a skilled poetic style

Macbeth:
    Kingship, and Macbeth's downfall.

Comparative:
    Cultural context - power and status and impact on modern reader
    Theme/Issue - influence on reader's perceptions or central character and then symbolism/characterisation/imagery to reveal aspects of theme or issue in a text.

EXAMCRAFT IRISH PAPER 2
    Mo ghrá sa and Oisín i dTír na nÓg.

EXAMCRAFT ENGLISH PAPER 2:

Macbeth:
    Kingship, and Macbeth's downfall.
    For macbeth, is the question about the consequences of his downfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aoife6466

DEB Biology:
    Respiration and digestion experiments, Ecology (competition and adaption) Photosynthesis and I THINK the chapter on immunity

<no requests>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

newlook96 wrote: »
    any help for examcraft:
    english-HL
    irish-HL
    maths-OL
    french-HL
    biology-HL
    chemistry-HL
    home ec-HL
    LCVP-HL

thaaaaaanks :*

Did you look back even one page on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newlook96

yes all of them actually

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

yes all of them actually

OK, so you didn't see Examcraft Paper 2 English.

spurious wrote: »
    OK, so you didn't see Examcraft Paper 2 English.
    yes I did see but I put all my subjects up. Is that okay?

yes I did see but I put all my subjects up. Is that okay?

It's cluttering the thread - if everyone asks for their own individual lists, everyone will post up seven or eight of a very limited list of subjects. We're on page 12 now and how many actual spoilers have been posted?

What we need is people to start posting spoilers (along with the company involved), otherwise we have a thread full of lists from new posters.

This thread is getting really chaotic compared to last year's one.

spurious wrote: »
    It's cluttering the thread - if everyone asks for their own individual lists, everyone will post up seven or eight of a very limited list of subjects. We're on page 12 now and how many actual spoilers have been posted?

What we need is people to start posting spoilers (along with the company involved), otherwise we have a thread full of lists from new posters.

This thread is getting really chaotic compared to last year's one.
    Well I would only have posted once if you didn't interfere. All I want is spoilers

For macbeth, is the question about the consequences of his downfall?

Examcraft English Paper 2 Macbeth Question:
    Nope, it's a question asking about the roles Lady Macbeth and the witches have to play in his downfall i.e he is ultimately responsible for his own downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

tojo1234 wrote: »
    do u do chemistry if u do
    can u please tell me whats on it.......................................................

you don't really need spoilers on chemistry. your teacher should have told you about the layout or even if you look back on other papers you will see the trend.
    NO.1 is one of the titrations
    NO.2 is one of the organic experiments (ethanal, ethanoic acid, ethanol, etc)
    NO. 3 is the other experiments (anions, flame test etc.)
    N0. 4 is random definitons
    always a question on fuels and thermochem
    always a question on periodic table
    allways a question on equilibrium/rates
    always a question on water/pH/indicators/Acids and bases
    there is the 8 questions which if you know all that you will get 100%
    you see, there really is no need for spoilers.
    best of luck studying. i have to study chemistry all day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Does anyone know the cheapest mock papers because my english teacher says our school always buys the cheapest haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

French Examcraft HL Aural:
    Examcraft Aural
    Spolier: Section 5: first question is weather
    2nd= a man with no arm n leg swimming
    3rd= 459 people who died coz of an earthquake
    Section4: all about french politics (it was really confusing so i cant say exactly what they wer looking for )
    Section 3: Relationship: Breaking up
    Section 2: a guy moved to boarding school bcoz he disputed with his little sister a lot. Misses his family + pet. Likes it bcoz he made friends and the life suits him
    Section 1: I caan't really remember atm soz :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement