Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi Orla,

Any free mugs going? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NoelDoran wrote: »
    guys, can someone clear something up for me, can or does parcel motel do a forwarding service for northern ireland to southern ireland??

say a site only offers postage to the UK, can i use a northern parcel motel and then forward to a southern one?
    NoelDoran wrote: »
    sound for that, what sort of money does that cost?
    Jebus man, RTFT etc....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

I ordered two packages last week from the same company (two days apart) both arrived at the same time. plus postage was a little longer than normal. I was woundering if the extra time was due to the parcel motel i got the stuff delivered to was extra busy and if there is a way of finding out if other motels around the area are less busy that i could change to those ones. other wise im delighted with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye I have to say I ordered things with FedEx next day to Northern Ireland on Friday but only got the text today to say the item was ready. Seems there's a delay this week never takes that long. It was the lissenhall depot

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Newtown Park Avenue in Blackrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Any free mugs going? :D:D

i could do with a mug too, id leave it on my desk in work. It would be free advertising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

mp1973 wrote: »
    I ordered two packages last week from the same company (two days apart) both arrived at the same time. plus postage was a little longer than normal. I was woundering if the extra time was due to the parcel motel i got the stuff delivered to was extra busy and if there is a way of finding out if other motels around the area are less busy that i could change to those ones. other wise im delighted with the service.

In my experience the Parcel Motel will be ready with your package the day after it has been delivered to their depo. You can tell when it has been delivered to their depo when you see your account get charged.

• I'll take one of those free PS3s you were giving away Orla if all the mugs are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭dodzy

Achilles wrote: »
    In my experience the Parcel Motel will be ready with your package the day after it has been delivered to their depo. You can tell when it has been delivered to their depo when you see your account get charged.
    You will receive a text message before 11pm or after 7am. In most cases, when it arrives at the depot, it should get to the motel that day/ evening but they guarantee 7am next morning latest AFAIK.

Anyway, just a plug for the service. 3 items from Amazon. 1 will not deliver to ROI, the other 2 will but at a cost. Total at checkout was £29 STG.

Parcel Motel ( UK Address ) comes in at £16STG. So not including the first 2 deliveries free, its still a winner. Great service. Hope it goes from strength to strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Another satisfied customer, bought a small item from Amazon on the 16th. Free delivery to the uk, was in the Parcel Motel in Clontarf this morning. Would happily recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I seen my account has been Debited, usually how long does it take to get the text message or the email to let you know your parcel is in its motel..Im getting excited now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I seen my account has been Debited, usually how long does it take to get the text message or the email to let you know your parcel is in its motel..Im getting excited now.

You should get the email tonight (check spam) and text about 7am tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

nava wrote: »
    You should get the email tonight (check spam) and text about 7am tomorrow
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Used PM a few times and find it great.

Just wondering through, If I order something from someone like Maplins to be delivered to PM, they will often start sending promotional rubbish catalogs etc for months after.

Presumably PM will charge you €3.50 for each item of unsolicited junk mail? Is there a way to avoid this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Used PM a few times and find it great.

Just wondering through, If I order something from someone like Maplins to be delivered to PM, they will often start sending promotional rubbish catalogs etc for months after.

Presumably PM will charge you €3.50 for each item of unsolicited junk mail? Is there a way to avoid this?

Never got anything from maplin so not sure if they send you junk mail, catalogues, etc best is to contact them and ask them to opt you out anything other than your order.

EDIT: YES PM will charge 3.50 per item they have to deliver to your PM, as said before by Orla they cannot dispose of any junk mail for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

nava wrote: »
    Never got anything from maplin so not sure if they send you junk mail, catalogues, etc best is to contact them and ask them to opt you out anything other than your order.

EDIT: YES PM will charge 3.50 per item they have to deliver to your PM, as said before by Orla they cannot dispose of any junk mail for you.

I thought of this exact scenario after i ordered an item from makro, So as soon as i get the item, i'm going to edit my default address stored on the makro site to some other address other than my parcel motel address, Because i think they send you booklets every 2 weeks!
    Hope fully that is a way around it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

4 parcels now delivered. Have to say its a really great service. All these years we have been ripped off from the UK or wont even ship . Not anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ohhh my parcel has just arrived in Northern Ireland depot :D How exciting... do you think it will be here tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

January wrote: »
    Ohhh my parcel has just arrived in Northern Ireland depot :D How exciting... do you think it will be here tonight or tomorrow?

Usually for me it has been the following day, but on Monday I had a parcel arrive in NI at around 3pm and it was in my Dub Motel for pickup at 9pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

another delivery from pm yesterday

Easons = 25 euros
    book depositary = 17 euros
    amazon.co.uk = 4.50 & pm 3.50 = 8

good times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

might have been mentioned already, i bailed out after about 5 pages of this thread, but might be a good idea for Parcel Motel to get their own talk to forum, then things wouldnt be as jumbled up up as they are in this thread.
    just a suggestion, eitherway, I have used it and its a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Another successful arrival from amazon uk that wouldn't ship to Ireland.

Item cost here... 69 euro delivered,
    Amazon and PM delivered... 51 euro.

18 euro saving which i will be using to take my son to the cinema this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

FAIR PLAY....:) as Ronan would say hahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

First time used this morning, the Clonsilla one (they put it in the top locker and I'm a short ass, not their fault obviously but had to stretch on my tip toes to get it :p ) brilliant service. Will definitely be using this more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

collect my third parcel at 7.30am,

excelent service:D

now to top up

they should have 3 stays for a tenner......;)
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

brightkane wrote: »
    might have been mentioned already, i bailed out after about 5 pages of this thread, but might be a good idea for Parcel Motel to get their own talk to forum, then things wouldnt be as jumbled up up as they are in this thread.
    Na, no need, 9 outta 10 questions for Orla on here are answered on the PM site but folk can be arsed to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

brightkane wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

msg11 wrote: »
    They told me it arrived today in NI , surely it could not take near two weeks? First time with Parcel Motel, I will write this off as it's hard to say what happened. The Amazon shop has good feed back and 24hour dispatch, used Royal Mail and Parcel Motel both have good feed back.

Wouldn't mind there just a few air fresheners :pac:

Just too update this for people..

ISSUE RESOLVED, NO FAULT OF PARCEL MOTEL

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Used this for the first time this week, excellent service. I was ridiculously excited about it all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Couple of people have asked, and I haven't seen it answered... any updates on the new sites, particularly Dundalk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement