Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Apparently Optifine 1.3 is out Maybe that would help with the lag.

kingtut wrote: »
    I'd like to be neutral, anyone know how I can be 'labeled' as such? I tried to use the warp last night but it didn't work ... presumably as I am not neutral yet .. thanks!

You'll have to wait until Dec changes your status to neutral , then you can use the warp :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

kingtut wrote: »
    I'd like to be neutral, anyone know how I can be 'labeled' as such? I tried to use the warp last night but it didn't work ... presumably as I am not neutral yet .. thanks!

You're irisalanl right? I set you to neutral there now.
    Botulism wrote: »
    Can ANYTHING be done about the lag? The amount of times I've died because a mob has killed me that I don't see until a minute later is ridiculous.

I'm just about to update to the latest dev version of the factions plugin. Up to now its still been running off the 1.2.5 version, which is buggy and laggy, so hopefully this will help things a bit.

deconduo wrote: »

I'm just about to update to the latest dev version of the factions plugin. Up to now its still been running off the 1.2.5 version, which is buggy and laggy, so hopefully this will help things a bit.

Aw great didn't know that, Fingers crossed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Apparently Optifine 1.3 is out Maybe that would help with the lag.

I've been using it since the Temp map, it makes no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Optifine only helps with FPS, It can do nothing about server lag as that is a server issue:P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

Hey, I just logged on to the factions server, discovered that I cannot destroy blocks. I punched the starting sign for neutral warp and destroyed the type on it. Sorry!

Edit : Nevermind, it was back on a relog >.<

Server keeps going down for me...

Aye it is a bit unstable atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

is there any guide as how to play on the factions server? is there only a certain number of factions at the moment or can we form our own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

There is no limit to the amount of factions, and you can create your own easily.

There would be a large amount of tutorials on the web for getting used to playing factions. you can use /help and /f help to get used to the plugins. When someone sends you invite you can use /f join [factionname] or you can create your own faction by /f create [factionname]. I could explain more of the mechanics ingame if I see you, such as power and that.

Also, the server keeps crashing ever few minutes, I was mining and next thing I appeared in the ocean and drowned after a crash, needless to say I wasn't too happy.

Farcheal wrote: »
    Also, the server keeps crashing ever few minutes, I was mining and next thing I appeared in the ocean and drowned after a crash, needless to say I wasn't too happy.

LOL, sorry but that's a first.

I expected a few server problems TBH, they were bound to happen with all the updates to bukkit and minecraft and they'll take days if not longer to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

irishalanl but I'm sure it was just a typo in your post. Thanks :):)

Just out of curiosity, can neutral people wander around faction areas just to see the nice buildings etc or is that banned? I like building things and watching other people build but have no interest in ass whooping :pac:

This is a dangerous time to be in the nether... Damn crashes, who knows where I'm going to end up?

Server is down again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

and again it crashes, with the crashes and lag server is getin unplayable :(

cidmon wrote: »

That wasn't a crash that was an intentional restart. Did you not see the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Give it a break lads... Sever is only up less then two days, of course there is going to be a few issues.

Guys, there is bound to be a few problems with the server after completely updating Minecraft and all the plugins.

Its not like there is a boards support team trying to fix these problems, its dec and dec alone. Give it a chance

Guys, there is bound to be a few problems with the server after completely updating Minecraft and all the plugins.

Its not like there is a boards support team trying to fix these problems, its dec and dec alone. Give it a chance

No point keeping quiet about it though, If the server crashes shouldn't dec know?

• Advertisement

Not really, this didn't happen every other time there was an update.

Botulism wrote: »
    Not really, this didn't happen every other time there was an update.

Every other time we waited about a month for all the plugins to be updated and stable. We were also running on a lot fewer plugins so there was less stress on the server and less chance of conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

That wasn't a crash that was an intentional restart. Did you not see the announcement?

no didnt see the announcement m8 sorry. was a plugin disabled? seemed a hell of a lot more stable and was alot less lag later in the afternoon

no didnt see the announcement m8 sorry. was a plugin disabled? seemed a hell of a lot more stable and was alot less lag later in the afternoon

Upgraded to to the latest dev version of the factions plugin and tweaked a few other small things which seems to have helped. Also the server itself was acting up a bit but seems to have calmed down as well.

Screw this. I just died 3 times in a row wherever I accidentally went over an unloaded chunk, when I lost all my stuff and tried going back to rescue it twice. Not worth playing until there's zero server side lag.

Protip: The neutral spawn is pretty crap being all the way at the edge of the map, making it impossible to get back to a normal area once you get stranded out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I keep getting this error on log in... any ideas?

screenshot20120809at190.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Out of curiosity, what plugins are on at the moment?

And is there any more that could be switched off till the server stops having a fit?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I keep getting this error on log in... any ideas?

screenshot20120809at190.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THANK YOU GAV!!!! , thought i was the only one, Can't log into tekkit either

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what plugins are on at the moment?

And is there any more that could be switched off till the server stops having a fit?

Its just the factions plugin thats lagging the whole thing badly, there's a few other factions servers having the same problem with the 1.3 update. Not much we can do about it.

• Advertisement

Yep its a problem preventing people logging in.

If your logged in already dont log out

iRUfA.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement