Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 00:40   #8626
o1s1n
Registered User
 
o1s1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Bray
Posts: 26,755
Great little device, I'll definitely be picking one of them up.

I wonder, will this be useful for arcade control/pad hack setups? For example Steve SI's Gameboy mod. Could he just use this to connect the regular Gameboy controls to the Pi board? Seems like it'd save a load of trouble.
o1s1n is offline  
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 00:59   #8627
Sera
Registered User
 
Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Choco Ghost House
Posts: 4,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKrieg View Post
It was posted before either here or on FB, anyway, they have my money
Sera is offline  
01-06-2012, 08:15   #8628
CiDeRmAn
Moderator
 
CiDeRmAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right next to my Towel, you Hoopy Frood!
Posts: 18,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_ultimate View Post
I saw this and thought of some of you guys <3

LMAO!

Had to turn off the radio ad for GnRs upcoming concert... "if you want to see a real rock band...." or something like that.
They should have had a competition to get the best ending to that sentence given the subject matter, aka the fact that GnR isn't GnR anymore and that the lead singer doesn't even look or sound like the original singer although, sadly, he is
So, Velvet Revolver anyone? No? Fair enough, lets just let it die already!
CiDeRmAn is offline  
Thanks from:
01-06-2012, 08:49   #8629
80s Synth Pop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
LMAO!

Had to turn off the radio ad for GnRs upcoming concert... "if you want to see a real rock band...." or something like that.
They should have had a competition to get the best ending to that sentence given the subject matter, aka the fact that GnR isn't GnR anymore and that the lead singer doesn't even look or sound like the original singer although, sadly, he is
So, Velvet Revolver anyone? No? Fair enough, lets just let it die already!
The show in the point two weeks ago was great and his voice is blasting out powerful. Izzy (the other founding member) was playing with them to a sold out O2 in England last night and people are raving about it. (I'm not into rock too much and really enjoyed it. Dave Clarke on Sunday is more my cup of tea )
80s Synth Pop is offline  
01-06-2012, 09:59   #8630
o1s1n
Registered User
 
o1s1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Bray
Posts: 26,755
I are so disappoint that people went to the concert this year after the shambles last year

Just goes to show, a promoter and act can screw thousands of people over and they'll still mindlessly go again the following year.
o1s1n is offline  
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 10:01   #8631
Myrddin
Category Moderator
 
Myrddin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Avalon
Posts: 26,502
Apparently this years one was brilliant, I suppose it shows just how good some cover bands really are
Myrddin is offline  
01-06-2012, 10:06   #8632
o1s1n
Registered User
 
o1s1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Bray
Posts: 26,755
So I heard! Was secretly gutted to be honest. Had my best 'na na na naaaa na told you so' face ready.
o1s1n is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-06-2012, 10:26   #8633
Myrddin
Category Moderator
 
Myrddin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Avalon
Posts: 26,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
So I heard! Was secretly gutted to be honest. Had my best 'na na na naaaa na told you so' face ready.
Take solace in the fact that it's not Guns N Roses That band broke up in the 90's man...as Cidey says, leave them well enough alone these days!

Also, to p1ss Retr0 off, after clearing Max Payne 3 I started LA Noire & am actually enjoying it so far
Myrddin is offline  
01-06-2012, 10:33   #8634
Steve SI
Moderator
 
Steve SI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
Take solace in the fact that it's not Guns N Roses That band broke up in the 90's man...as Cidey says, leave them well enough alone these days!

Also, to p1ss Retr0 off, after clearing Max Payne 3 I started LA Noire & am actually enjoying it so far
Max Payne 3, worth getting on the PC?

.
Steve SI is offline  
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 10:39   #8635
Pyongyang
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
LA Noire.....actually enjoying it so far
Awesome game. Best soundtrack of 2011 too (rightly acknowledged by the industry/consumer as well).
Pyongyang is offline  
01-06-2012, 10:47   #8636
Myrddin
Category Moderator
 
Myrddin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Avalon
Posts: 26,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve SI View Post
Max Payne 3, worth getting on the PC?

.
If your a fan, then definitely. I loved the first two, Rockstar have done an incredible job on the third

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyongyang View Post
Awesome game. Best soundtrack of 2011 too (rightly acknowledged by the industry/consumer as well).
It IS awesome! Both the game & soundtrack. Dare I say it, another Rockstar classic
Myrddin is offline  
01-06-2012, 10:55   #8637
Steve SI
Moderator
 
Steve SI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
If your a fan, then definitely. I loved the first two, Rockstar have done an incredible job on the third
Yeah, I liked the first 2 games and even got the recent iPad version. Will check it out later and see if the hotel bband here is fast enough to grab it from Steam.

Any idea as to the download size of it?

.
Steve SI is offline  
01-06-2012, 10:57   #8638
Myrddin
Category Moderator
 
Myrddin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Avalon
Posts: 26,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve SI View Post
Yeah, I liked the first 2 games and even got the recent iPad version. Will check it out later and see if the hotel bband here is fast enough to grab it from Steam.

Any idea as to the download size of it?

.
Hmm not sure, the 360 version is two full dvd's anyway so I'd imagine the superior pc version will be quite large. So worth it though! I love the character, & once you hear those violas, its goosebump city
Myrddin is offline  
01-06-2012, 11:01   #8639
Retr0gamer
Moderator
 
Retr0gamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brig City
Posts: 34,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
Also, to p1ss Retr0 off, after clearing Max Payne 3 I started LA Noire & am actually enjoying it so far
It's like playing Pheonix Wright if Pheonix Wright was a Sociopath. Must play it a bit more tbh. As for Max Payne 3, I've no interest in it. Found the previous two games one trick ponys.
Retr0gamer is offline  
Thanks from:
01-06-2012, 11:04   #8640
Myrddin
Category Moderator
 
Myrddin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Avalon
Posts: 26,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0gamer View Post
As for Max Payne 3, I've no interest in it. Found the previous two games one trick ponys.
I think they're the kinda games where you have to really like the character. I couldn't give a damn about bullet time etc, in fact it's rare I use it. I love the story & in that video-game way I really wanna see how it all turns out for him.

I think if you played the games in their day, you've a better chance of liking this one - either way though it's a fantastic game, if maybe a little cut scene heavy...I preferred the comic-strip style noire stuff of the first two
Myrddin is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search