Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 galwaycounty

Just wondering if anyone believes in the ghost hunter Yvette Fielding all the old buildings she wanders around.It gives me the hibejivees!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Just wondering if anyone believes in the ghost hunter Yvette Fielding all the old buildings she wanders around.It gives me the hibejivees!!:eek:

I believe in her..but then again I think she is in fact actually real. I dont however believe her as a ghost hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Ni way, I think alot of what happens on that show is a fix Its been on for so long and we have never seen anything. Ghost Hunters is good its a group capped TAPS they go to "haunted houses" and try and prove if its really hunted, most times they dont thinks its haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Elbi wrote: »
    Ni way, I think alot of what happens on that show is a fix Its been on for so long and we have never seen anything. Ghost Hunters is good its a group capped TAPS they go to "haunted houses" and try and prove if its really hunted, most times they dont thinks its haunted.

Ghost Hunters seem to be calling everything haunted these days I find with the littlest of evidence I still they're legit though because I doubt people would turn their backs on ten years of investigation without cameras to start faking it for money!!1 could be worng but I dont want to turn this thread into a GH threas I enjoy reading the stories too much..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blacklawlessd

I supply services to the legal profession. On one of my calls to a certain solicitors office in Mayo, I was waiting in the hall for my appointment with the main partner of the firm. While I was waiting an elderly main in a dark suit came from the reception office and walked down the corridor and into another office.

While I was talking to the main partner I asked about the number of solicitors working from the office. I was told that there was X(not going to identify the number employed in the office) of solictors. All of whom were female. I asked about the gentleman I'd seen earlier, and asked if he was part of the practice. She asked me to describe him and then called the receptionist and said that another person had seen the "man". She said that this guy was seen regularly in their office.

I have lots of paranormal experiences - too many to mention. I used to play electric guitar and stopped when I began to hear conversations coming through the amplifier! Whispered conversations among many people. There was no wireless system being used just a cable, and there was no recieving equipment used that could have picked up a radio signal. I also regularly get crossed lines on my phone - something that I believe had been eliminated with the use of new telephone exchanges and DECT phone systems.

I would consider myself a sceptic but I've had too much happen to me too often not to take notice!

I'd love to hear theories that anyone has

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Well, when I was a young child about 5 years old I was playing by a green that had some tress on it near my home. Anyway, as young kids do I was just climbing around the tress and so on and suddenly I saw two young boys. Not sure where they came from or who they were, as I'd never seen them before. So, as kids do I started talking to them. I remember thinking that something wasn't quite right (even though I was only 5 it felt "off") One of the kids was talking to me, asking questions like where was I from, what was I doing here etc. The other child never spoke to me, he just wondered around. It felt strange.

So, you could see my home more or less from that green and my mum came out and called me to come home, I said bye and ran off, I stopped and looked back but there were no kids. Guees they could just have wondered off. Anyway, later that night I was in bed and I remember looking over at the window and outside there wer the faces of these two boys looking in......getting shivers even writing this.....they were grinning (maybe smiling but to my mind it was a grin) and they seemed to be illuminated by a blueish light. It was very frightening of course. I screamed, folks ran in, no kids. Maybe just a dream/nightmare. My bedroom was on the first floor.

When I was about 10 I was staying overnight with some cousins who lived in a small village on the coast. There were some steps which we needed to climb to get back to the house (steps leading from one road in the village to another road) The light was begining to fade, I was with one or two cousins about my age at the time and as we were walking up I looked up and my eyes met those of an old man sitting in a window of a house which nobody lived in, no lights on, his face seemingly illuminated (again!) by a yellowish/white light.....I was transfixed for a moment and noticed he was grinning at me (again maybe I mistook it, maybe it was a smile) I looked away and ran after my cousins, told them, to laughter of course.

In the dead of winter in 1994 I was staying in hostel in a small town in Co.Donegal. The tourist hostel was a converted old mill. Nobody else was staying there except one girl who left after a few days. The first night there iI was given a bed in a small 4 or 6 bed room at the end of a corridor. Had a restless night, didn't quite like the feeling I got. Next day moved into an en suite private room (I ended up staying at that hostel for several weeks) Always had a bit of an uneasy feeling there, in the room and in the hostel in general. Always had the feeling of being watched. Anyway, towards the end of my stay some kids, a girl and a boy, teenagers - I would have been about 20, the children of the cleaner stayed overnight and I had the great idea to try an ouija board.

Well, we had a paper alphabet laid out on the kitchen table, and had a glass in the middle (I had done ouija, seance and hypnosis a few years earlier - just dabbling about) Before our hands had even touched the glass, a bright light lit up one of the long flourescent ceiling lights, and literally rushed from one light to the other to the other to the other.......Now the lights were off, the lights could only be turned on from the light switch which was inside the kitchen door and nobody else was in the room. And if you did turn the lights on because they were those horrible long tunbed flourescent ones in plastic light cover thingies it would take a couple of seconds for them to flicker on.

Anyway, the girl freaks out, gets up, crying, starts walking out of the kitchen.....at the same time her brothers also crying, freaking out...me, I'm unnerved, excited, worried...all those emotions. Next thing I know the girl is starting to walk up the staircase, i call after her, no reply. She gets to the top and stops, I run up....she seems to be in a bit of a daze. I ask her whats wrong and she said voices were calling her name telling her to come down to the room at the end of the corridor, the room I'd stayed in the very first night there.

She snaps out of it, starts crying again, runs downstairs and with her brother they leave. Now I'm left in the hostel totally alone...........It's perhaps 11pm or something. For some unknown reason I suddenly feel very angry or something. I remember rushing down that unlit corridor and barging into the room, it was dark, I was alone but wasn't frightened...more angry than anything. I stood in the middle of the room and said something like "come on then!"...or something, lol. How or why I did it I don't know. That dorm room had a shower/toilet area attached which to get to you had to go through another door. In that other door there was a pane of glass, not sure how to describe the glass, not frosted but you couldn't see through it and it had tiny metal strips running through it. Anyway, I walk over to that door put my hand on the handle to push down, I look at the pane of glass and right there at the other side in the darkness I see what seemed to be a flash or red light (it might sound corny, I know but I can only describe what I saw) It seemed like (and yes, this will sound even more corny) eyes......I hesitated and turned and left rather quickly, suffice to say I did not open that door.

The next few hours I spent in the kichen. Didn't sleep. Before I knew it it was bright outside. I was standing making a coffee and out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure move outside on the driveway (remember it was bright now, the last thing you expect is "whatever" to happen when it's actually bright!) I looked up and just very briefly caught a glimpse of a woman passing by. Walking straight ahead, not looking left or right. She was dressed in what you might describe as an old housemaids uniform, long dress/skirt, brown or balck. I wondered who it was so moved to the next window to see but there was nobody there. Now it'd take too long (as though this isn't too long already!) to describe the layout of the area suffice to say there was nowhere she could have gone.

The next day I was asked to leave, the owner told me everything had been quiet until I'd arrived. Oh well.

Oh yeah, while I was staying there, the owner and his dad were taking some photos of the hostel for a little brochure they were going to do up. I was the only person there and they asked if I'd mind being in some of the photos, fine. It was only years later (and I have since lost the photo, rather foolishly) that I saw that on one of the photos (I had been given some enlarged ones by them) I was standing in the private room I slept in while there and condensation had built up on the windows, in the photo I was standing next to the window, and the letter "m" had been written in the condensation................My name starts with an "m".

I didn't do it, they didn't do it, there was nobody else there. It was quite clear but I'd never looked at that photo that much. It was strange. I have often thought about going back there for a few days or whatever but never had, that was 15 years ago now. Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't. I've since discovered that place has a reputation.

Jese, I nearly forgot! Bout two or three years ago I woke up in bed and there was a woman, an elderly woman, standing next to the bed looking at me, kinda smiling I think.....I closed my eyes, opened them again and she was gone. Maybe a dream but personally I don't think it was. It was an old house. Glad to live in a new build these days!

There's other stuff that happened too over the years but I have probably bored you by now so I'll leave it at that. Sorry I wrote so much, hadn't planned to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Short one guys but I thought I'd share it nonetheless.

One night about 2 yrs ago, I was sitting in my sitting room having dinner, finish dinner and sit back in the chair,looking at the tv and my glass on the table moves diagonally about 3 inches on the table, I hadn't moved the table (my legs were crossed under me), was a it skeptical but when I stood up, a trail of coke could be seen where it had moved(bottom of glass was wet).

Didn't really freak me out but that's the closest I've ever came to any paranormal experience.

Also when I was younger, in my old house, I would never go downstairs on my own, remember looking down the stairs into the black and being very scared as the darkness was so deep, even though the mainly glass front door was right beside it with a street light right outside. Always thought this was somehow linked to the fact my auntie fell down the same flight of stairs in 1997 and died right at the bottom.

The house had a lot of streetlights around it, remember looking out the landing window at night and road would be very bright, then I'd look downstairs and it would be pitch black, never seen anything like it. One night I did venture down alone and I remember standing at the bottom of the stairs looking into the kitchen and sitting room and just feeling really scared as they were equally as black, my great granny died in the sitting room about 40 years ago.

That house was really the eeriest place I've been, glad I'm out of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Ive been debating whether to put this up or not as it is a story Ive heard from a close friend.However I decided to post partly to get any feedback and partly to keep this thread in the limelight for I think it is very interesting.Also, Ill be purposely vague with the location to protect the privacy of those involved.
    The greatuncle of a very good friend of mine lives in an old house,it is over 300 years old.It was and up until recently, a tavern and guesthouse.My friends greatuncle mentioned to his family that the place is haunted and he has actually seen the ghost and it is that of an soldier in old military dress.The old soldiers footsteps can be heard regularly and oftentimes will open doors in his path.My friends cousins have also heard the footsteps and seen closed doors being opened.
    Nobody in my friends family seems bothered by this old soldier and this it got me thinking for two reasons.One,my friends family are probably the most practical and logical people I know(Theres three scientists in the family).To hear them talking about this and just taking it for granted,well it really did have an effect on me and stopped me being so cynical.
    Two,all the stories Ive read on the paranormal I see in a different light even though Im still very skeptical.
    Apologies if the post is too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

I don't have any paranormal experience so to speak, and in a way I do believe there is a spirit world although I've never encountered anyone from it. I suppose until the day I do I'll always in the back of mind have that little wonder that it might all be a load of codswallop. So onto my experience,

sorry if it's long, but is as real as the stars in the sky, I was 18, going out with a girl who lived a few estates away, on my way home every night I would stop off at my grandparents house who live up the laneway from me and I grew up living there with them most of the time so I went in every night to wish them goodnight, most of the time I wouldnt go around the corner and down the laneway, I would go the opposite way down the avenue and around in case id meet some friends that way as we hung out there, so this one night i left my granny, she would close the gate behind and see me off, i was half way down the road and I heard a scream it was baby like, i looked around because I knew there was no babies living in the area, from the opposite direction one of my best friends was leaving his girlfriends house and we ran into one another, I told him what I heard, we heard it again and he went to run and I said wait, a couple of doors away from my grannys is a club hall that wasnt in use any longer and was always reported to be haunted as a guy died there playing football many moons back, so we walked briskly enough around the corner, now at this stage we are a good distance from my grannys and the noise, all of a sudden we heard this banshee scream it was so loud and so real, Ive tears in my eyes even telling this, you just hard to hear to it, anyway my mate went like the clappers he didnt even acknowledge it, across from where we were was a park which goes down hill into a glen, he bypassed it and headed the long way around on the road to where he lives. I headed home and was convinced that what I heard was indeed a banshee. That's the basically the story there's no real excitement at the end which you might have expected but to simple witness something like that is pretty scary and even to this day 12 years on I can picture and feel the whole experience.

Love the thread - hope I didn't bore ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

This didn't happen to me - unfortunately I have no creepy ghoulish stories to tell - and I grew up in a house straight across from a cemetary! lol

My Dad was in his 20's at the time and was driving home from a "dance" as they called them in those days. He had his sister in the car with them and neither of them had been drinking so both were stone cold sober at the time.

So they're driving along happily chatting away to each other and they're on a quiet, dark rural road. It must have been about 2/3am at the time and they were going slow as it was a narrow and windy road.

Up in the distance they see a man walking very slowly along the side of the road, near the ditch coming towards them. As they got closer my Dad noticed that he was very pale, he had a very white, almost illuminated pallour to him.

The closer they got he noticed that he wasn't "walking" in the traditional manner where you'd notice his shoulders bobbing up and down, arms swaying, that kind of thing... he was more gliding along very motionlessly as though his feet weren't actually touching the ground.

As they got real close to him and passed right by him he noted that he was very tall - he reckoned well over 6' (probably closer to 7') and he was wearing a formal black suit along with a top hat - which would have been very out of place for the type of country rural area which they were in - and had very dark/black eyes which bore into them as they drove by.

As soon as they passed him my Dad thought there was something "odd" about him, however he decided not to pass comment to his sister in case she thought he was mad.

So they both drove along in deathly silence whereas minutes earlier they had been happily chatting away. About 10 minutes later after driving in complete silence his sister turns around to him and says; "That was a dead man we just passed wasn't it?"

Upon hearing this my Dad said he just got an icy cold shiver down his spine and every little hair on the back of his neck stood up straight, so he put his foot down and sped off til they reached home.

The next morning at breakfast in recounting their night to their mother they mentioned what they had seen on the drive home and their mother asked what road it had happened on - when they told her the spot where it happened she didn't seem to phased at all and said it was common knowledge that something "funny" was going on there and that a man was regularly seen walking along that patch of road in the dead of night.

Some neighbours who own land there, have a certain field which every single day, without fail, they'd shut and lock the gate to it. Every morning the gate to the field would be unlocked and swinging wide open..

It's been shut every night only to be found unlocked and opened every morning for years.. So much so that locals take no notice of it now and are more than used to hearing of strange occurences in the area.

Just to note - neither my Dad or Aunt had ever been aware of these stories or the reputation this particular stretch of road until the next morning when their Mother told them.

That's the only paranormal experience my Dad has ever had, in fact he doesn't really buy into the whole paranormal scene and think it's a lot of codswallop, however he still gets the creeps when recounting that night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

This didn't happen to me - unfortunately I have no creepy ghoulish stories to tell - and I grew up in a house straight across from a cemetary! lol

My Dad was in his 20's at the time and was driving home from a "dance" as they called them in those days. He had his sister in the car with them and neither of them had been drinking so both were stone cold sober at the time.

So they're driving along happily chatting away to each other and they're on a quiet, dark rural road. It must have been about 2/3am at the time and they were going slow as it was a narrow and windy road.

Up in the distance they see a man walking very slowly along the side of the road, near the ditch coming towards them. As they got closer my Dad noticed that he was very pale, he had a very white, almost illuminated pallour to him.

The closer they got he noticed that he wasn't "walking" in the traditional manner where you'd notice his shoulders bobbing up and down, arms swaying, that kind of thing... he was more gliding along very motionlessly as though his feet weren't actually touching the ground.

As they got real close to him and passed right by him he noted that he was very tall - he reckoned well over 6' (probably closer to 7') and he was wearing a formal black suit along with a top hat - which would have been very out of place for the type of country rural area which they were in - and had very dark/black eyes which bore into them as they drove by.

As soon as they passed him my Dad thought there was something "odd" about him, however he decided not to pass comment to his sister in case she thought he was mad.

So they both drove along in deathly silence whereas minutes earlier they had been happily chatting away. About 10 minutes later after driving in complete silence his sister turns around to him and says; "That was a dead man we just passed wasn't it?"

Upon hearing this my Dad said he just got an icy cold shiver down his spine and every little hair on the back of his neck stood up straight, so he put his foot down and sped off til they reached home.

The next morning at breakfast in recounting their night to their mother they mentioned what they had seen on the drive home and their mother asked what road it had happened on - when they told her the spot where it happened she didn't seem to phased at all and said it was common knowledge that something "funny" was going on there and that a man was regularly seen walking along that patch of road in the dead of night.

Some neighbours who own land there, have a certain field which every single day, without fail, they'd shut and lock the gate to it. Every morning the gate to the field would be unlocked and swinging wide open..

It's been shut every night only to be found unlocked and opened every morning for years.. So much so that locals take no notice of it now and are more than used to hearing of strange occurences in the area.

Just to note - neither my Dad or Aunt had ever been aware of these stories or the reputation this particular stretch of road until the next morning when their Mother told them.

That's the only paranormal experience my Dad has ever had, in fact he doesn't really buy into the whole paranormal scene and think it's a lot of codswallop, however he still gets the creeps when recounting that night..

God that gave me the shivers!!

Reminds me of something very similar which happened to my parents not too long ago. They were driving along a fairly deserted road in the afternoon (light of day and all that, so no darkness to confuse what they saw) when they spotted a woman walking along the verge of the road on their side, facing ahead. She slowed down as she heard the car approach and, like most walkers on narrow roads, as they drew close, she stopped, stepped in, and turned to take a look at the passing car.

Both of them immediately registered the fact that half of her head was missing. As in not present, gone whatever. What reminded me of the above story is that both of them were so quietly shocked that they didn't say anything to one another for ages about it, and just continued to drive in silence. Later my Mum brought it up and my Dad agreed that he had seen the exact same thing, so it's unlikely that it was a trick of the imagination.

They still try to rationalise it though, saying maybe it was a medical condition or something, but I can't imagine what medical condition leaves you with half a head, or why you'd be walking the roads with it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

:Preally enjoying reading these stories........read to page three and will read more tm.

i`ve had lots of things happen and lots of them are to do with animals and also my dad who died a long time ago....

i lost a very special dog a few years ago very traumatic.........
    for years after..........lots of pictures jumped off the walls(always off this dog), and seeing things out of the corner of my eye etc
    our dogs are our family and as such are precious to us
    i find white feathers in the strangest places and odd things happen a lot to the extent my friends dont bat an eyelid any more..
    i find it strangely comforting :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Did anyone ever actually physically touch a ghost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

jcoote wrote: »
    one night my ma's claddagh ring went missing out of the blue and she had had it in her jewlery box..

only my parents and my dad's twin brother where in the house..

so my ma thought right it was the brother ya know...

anyway my uncle killed himself a few years later

my ma woke up one night after feeling a draft or something and the ring was sittin on the same jewelry box that it had been stolen from!!!!
    My grandmothers mothers wedding ring which was passed down to her was in her bedroom and one night it suddenly disappeared (that was 3 years ago) and only a week or so ago it arrived in the post.. this is a true story kinda freaky I think ?? o and it was in a really old envelope with and old post stamp on it like from the 70's or so??

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

i've a couple experiences.
    first one . i was lying on top of a bunk bed dozing with my left arm out stretched and i felt a hand take my hand, but there was no one there. someone later told me it was the hand of god.
    second.
    just after my gran died i saw a shadow pass my room. i went down stairs straight away and asked if anyone had been up stairs in the last 15 minutes even though the shadow had happened less than 5 minutes earlier. i was told no one was up around those 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

Had a few strange experiences myself.

Most memorable would have to be when I was in Gran Canaria last year with 3 friends. We went for dinner one night and drinks, We had 2 apartments beside each other and I was sharing with one of the girls. I ended up falling asleep on the couch that night. I woke up suddenly at some stage and a real feeling of dread came over me, the hall light was on and the room was dim, I could hear and feel the fan on the cieling and it was very eerie. I tried to get up but my whole body was being pushed down by some weight, I started to panic but I couldn't scream. At this stage I was freaking out and I felt like someone was there with me, I managed to pull myself off the couch and turned to run onto the patio but something caught my arm, I looked back at the couch and I could see this big black woman trying to pull me back, I pulled free and ran out to the patio, absolutely terrifying...still feels like I dreamt it sometimes. Got myself together after a few minutes outside and shared a bed with my roommate for the rest of the holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

ehhowaya wrote: »
    Had a few strange experiences myself.

Most memorable would have to be when I was in Gran Canaria last year with 3 friends. We went for dinner one night and drinks, We had 2 apartments beside each other and I was sharing with one of the girls. I ended up falling asleep on the couch that night. I woke up suddenly at some stage and a real feeling of dread came over me, the hall light was on and the room was dim, I could hear and feel the fan on the cieling and it was very eerie. I tried to get up but my whole body was being pushed down by some weight, I started to panic but I couldn't scream. At this stage I was freaking out and I felt like someone was there with me, I managed to pull myself off the couch and turned to run onto the patio but something caught my arm, I looked back at the couch and I could see this big black woman trying to pull me back, I pulled free and ran out to the patio, absolutely terrifying...still feels like I dreamt it sometimes. Got myself together after a few minutes outside and shared a bed with my roommate for the rest of the holiday!

Sleep paralysis, google it. It should be stickied at the top of this board :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

for many years i have spent a lot of time driving around west yorkshire and the dales-beautiful place ,about 6 years ago i went into the parsonage museum in haworth ,at that time i knew nothing about the bronte family,as i left school at 15 i hadent even read one of their books ,now the first thing i felt when i entered the parsonage was the sadness[i normaly only feel happyness when entering old buildings,] ever since then when driving in my car by myself i can feel a presence of a small victorian lady sat next to me she seems to be quite happy, just to sits there, its not scary or any thing like that,recently i have been doing a little research to find out who she maybe,and this is what i have seen on the net and this is who i think she is, www.throwpots.com/bronte.hml i would like some opinions from the boardies on this

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Sleep paralysis, google it. It should be stickied at the top of this board :p

+1. Classic SP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

Blay wrote: »
    a trail of coke could be seen

could explain your experience! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

Can't believe this thread is still active! brilliant

well the taps keep coming on in my house, most recently in the middle of the night in our en suite.

My sister saw a little boy standing at the side of my car when we were getting out of it one day, a blonde guy in old fashioned clothes - and no there was no boy there, she just saw him for a few seconds.

And ive been heaving lots of dreams about lots of people, most recently one of my dead relatives introducing me to other relatives who've passed, im now trying to find out who they are because i've never seen them before, but remember them clearly. Maybe im raving, or maybe ill find their faces in old photographs!!!

Other stuff going on too, but best left off boards.ie i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Let me start of by saying, thank you to the OP for starting this thread, thanks to 6th,
    you've shown a positive reaction to all who've posted. You've welcomed them, and I've enjoyed reading the posts,
    and hope to see some more in future. :)

And..a lil off note, I loveeeeee paranomal stories and whatnot, and even being completely and utterly scared sh*tless
    reading these, even when recieved a missed call (the ending flash as its on silent) and texts, creeping me out,i've still enjoyed it all.
    A whole 38 pages , feckkkkk, I could only manage 20 (will come back to the rest)- but thank u for the stories <3

I'm sooo sorry for the lenghty post.

I have one or two stories to contribute,firstly the below story is one told to me by my mother and my aunt and even my grandmother.
    My mum if you ask her about this story, as she's told me countless times, as a child it fasinated me, not sure why as even thinking about it today, still freaks me out.

Its about there old school,i don't know if it was secondary and primary, as back in the 50s I think the same school they attended partly was for both and then changed.
    It's confusing in that sense. However , my mums told the story of herself and my aunt and their classmates, doing work in school as normal and hearing a knock on the door,
    endless times. I'll mention they attended a very old convent school ,run by nuns. [My grandmother worked in after it was just nuns and non nuns,if that makes sense?]
    My mums teacher ,thought it was somebody messing, I assume people remember the old wooden two seaters we all had? yeah so my mum says, the teacher assumed it was somebody knocking on that, trying to distrupt class.
    After endless knocks, a classmate got up and opened the door , and of course nobody was there. This went on for a good half an hour my mum says.
    After which they heard an orgin being played, there was a music room directly across the hall from their classroom.
    It hadn't been used in 20years as it was broken or something. The music continued and the teacher started to get angry, she was convinced one of the girls friends in another class was trying to distrupt everyone. (Nuns psh!!!!)
    She made my mum and aunt (they're twins ,I don't know why both were made) go and tell the person to stop. My mum swears she say a previous teacher (nun) sitting happily playing the orgin.

It creeps me out because my mum and aunt,told us of this story as kids, and as kids my grandmother years later ran an OAP's club in the same area of this old school, which was then a living room/kitchen,but we (my cousins and i) always got this eerie feeling.
    I'm not sure if it was our imaginations running wild,from the story we were told ,but yeah it creeped us out.
    It's literally directally across from my grandmothers house, and I havn't been in it in recent years, as they've turned it into apartments, but there's always this weird feeling of chill outside the enterance.

Like I mentioned above, my mum is a twin, my aunt has now passed away, she passed away 5 years ago , I was sitting my leaving cert, and it was cancer, so it left her confused at the best of times.
    She wouldn't notice me and my grandmother would have to tell her, who I was ect.
    Anyhoo, prior to her death for 3months solid, I didn't have an open mind to the idea of a spirit ever visiting me UNTIL THIS..
    for three whole months,I kept dreaming or seeing this old lady at the end of my bed, her clothes were very old fashioned, I can't put a date on them, she had with her a black walking stick or something, and very white hair.
    It scared me to the point, my then bf stay over when nobody else was in the house, but i'd still have this dream or vision, and with that I was told 'Do not be afraid, time is near' I was 17 and I hadn't a f*cking clue, it scared the bejesus out of me, I'd wake up scremaing and bawling my eyes out.

This is the part the truly terrified me, whilst visiting my aunt my grandmother in hospital,again she got confused as to who I was , and my gran was like 'its lisa,your neice, your god daughter' and she'd still not get it and eventually it was said 'D's daughter' and she'd be grand.
    But this one time,she asked why HER grandmother (my grandmothers mother) was beside me, and we put it down to all the morphine she'd been given ect.

It wasn't until 2months after her death ( I'd been getting the nightmares/visions ect for 3 months up to her death,they stopped the night before she passed)
    that i found out, the woman who came to me in my dreams, was in fact my great-grandmother. I never met the woman, she never came to anybody else,IE; MY AUNTS DAUGHTERS!

It creeps me out, a woman i know nothing about kept coming to me and telling me not to be afraid time was near :O it freaked my mum and grandmother out too, and still to this day,I don't know why.
    My grandmother passed on (again cancer) 6months later, she (my great grandmother) did not come back for that?So why my aunt?

I'm pretty sure my grandmother, aunt and grandfather still show their lil way of being around. Especailly in my gran's house.
    And as weird as this sounds, I like the feeling of having somebody protect me, even if it does kind of freak me out lol!

I've had other lil encounters with paranomal existence prior and after the above , but I shall keep for another post!

If you are falling asleep right now, or crying out wondering when, i'll shut up, lol you'll be happy to know, it's NOW...
    Thanks for reading , if u have :P

Lisaface

lisaface, it is great reading your post, thats the kinds thing that happens to me and others in my family. And we have the same reaction as you, it creeps me out, and my sister.

\while in one way i find it fascinating and interesting, there is another part of me that gets scared.

There have been odd things happening now and again in my house for the last two years, foot steps on the landing and stairs which i and my sister experienced. White mists at the bottom of the stairs which i and my husband have seen. Taps coming on by themselves in the middle of the night some times. My dog has reacted to things in the house, when i say things, he's just gone batty and looks like he's about to attack some one, and looks like he is looking at some thing in the room even though i cant see any thing. he's done this a few times and ive caught it on camera.

I have a relative who's a priest and was going to get him to bless the house a few months ago, but was afraid it might stirr up some thing, but then people attached to the local church called recently and before they left they decided to bless the house with my permission of course, and i just thought to hell with it, lets bless the house, they just said a prayer with us

. Now in the last two weeks im seeing more shadows around the stairs area and movements in the hall area when im in the living room watching tv, even though there is no one in the house but me.

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks, but i keep making excuses, or saying im imagining it, but yet ive had many experiences growing up as a child, and should stop doubting it all. Thankfully my job means ive met many people and still do, but ive a few friends now who've had experiences and at least i can talk to them...

Do you think i should go ahead and get the house properly blessed, as in a priest walk through??

When things happen, i ignore it, because in another house a few years ago, i spoke and asked for a reaction and when i got it, i ran out of the room, turned up the tv really loud, didnt move til my then boyfriend came home. So me thinks better to ignore at the moment, What u think? anyone reading this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭hattie-f

Me and my mum are classed as 'magnets' for ghosts. They are attracted to us for one reason or another. We always had strange thins going on like furniture moving during the night while noone was downstairs. One of my personal favorites was when i was in bed just about to turn my bedside lamp off, when my bedroom door slammed shut ( we dont ever have windows open its too cold for that ) It clicked shut then slowly opened the whole way. Everytime a ghost is near me or mum we get a strang feeling like somone is staring at us and we can tell where they are. We get an image of them in our head and a sence of their names and character. Its like a weak version on contacting ghosts but im normaly too scared to contact any. Recently mum was attacked by a ghost, Three letters were scratche into her shoulder blade, she discovered them after an unbearable burning pain in her shoulder and feeling light headed. She had to have a mild form of an exorcisim performed, ever since she has not had any contact with any ghosts and she realy misses it. This left me with twice as many ghosts appearing (which completely freaks me out). Has anyone else ever had any experiances like this?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Yep try someone whispering in your ear turning around and no one there brrrrrrrrrrr still get shivers from that one:D

Famous one has happened to me and few people i know,hearing someone calling you and you think its your mom or sister or something in the house,and you go saying yes what you want.But they are baffled and never called you.:D

My family and i where in Spain in a old villa used to be a mill.My mom was in one section with her friend sleeping in same room.I was at other end.As they slept my mom woke to see a girl with brown hair standing at end of her bed brushing her hair and thought it was me.She said go back to bed.Her friend who was rooming with her saw same thing and went back asleep.Next night the figure again was in the room and both saw her lean over my mom.Next day my mom said why were you in our room again last night.I quite baffled said was not me.The cleaner later told them a number of people had reported same thing.lol

shqipshume wrote: »

,hearing someone calling you and you think its your mom or sister or something in the house,and you go saying yes what you want.But they are baffled and never called you.:D

yep thats happened to me once, i thought maybe i needed some medical attention or some thing!!

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    yep thats happened to me once, i thought maybe i needed some medical attention or some thing!!

Hahaha no it happens to a lot of people.Don'T want to scare you but they say you have medium abilities and just haven't trained them:D I know i want mine turned off if i have them :eek::D only person i want calling me from next life is my Dad.

Did anyone ever actually physically touch a ghost?

Well never heard of any one standing face to face with a ghost, putting out the hand to touch or some thing, but did walk through what i think was one, and it was very very cold, did you ever touch a dead person? well that type of cold through your body for about 2 seconds, which is long enough with that cold!!

shqipshume wrote: »
    Hahaha no it happens to a lot of people.Don'T want to scare you but they say you have medium abilities and just haven't trained them:D I know i want mine turned off if i have them :eek::D only person i want calling me from next life is my Dad.

Interesting, because i was told before i had medium abilities, and that if it bothered me i could get closed off, or i could go down the route of training....im still undecided on all of that!!

• Advertisement

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Interesting, because i was told before i had medium abilities, and that if it bothered me i could get closed off, or i could go down the route of training....im still undecided on all of that!!

I know a girl who apparently has them and she makes mistake of telling people and they treat her awful.:( Even if she has or hasn't she isn't hurting anyone.
    If you have time and like the idea you should look into it.But if you aren't open to it i wouldn't do it.It is intriguing to think.I never knock anything in this world and i can honestly say i believe in it and anyone who has been to a real medium will know they are'nt faking.I saw one woman and she told me how my dad died and few other people,there is no way in this world she could have known.Also she told me to ask my uncle about digging and clearing up things and to say thanks.I did and turned out he is the one who maintains my dads grave.Many other things to but i wont go into details all true though.

Advertisement