Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurgan Bomb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Biggins wrote: »
    The vast majority of the people up the north want peace too and they have made that message quite clear - AND YOU CAN'T GET ANY CLEARER THAN THIS:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/649/capture3ol.jpg

They need to lose the Sky Dish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Em.. are you sure you are not getting the Mural/ugly paintings on the sides of houses with the massive wall that divides housing estates and communities?
    All are under a current ongoing review as to be kept or partly kept as to be samples of historical record.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Not really. NI is a backward, ignorant place that will probably never be right. Not only do the two sides hate each other but they are also some of the most racist, bigoted and small minded people you'll ever meet.

Plus you can't really keep blaming their environment because that's just a cop-out. Sometimes bad people just exist and certain parts of NI seems to be teeming with them.

+1

The number of racist attacks has increased since the Good Friday Agreement. Seems like people just have to have someone to hate and abuse, if not Catholics/Protestants, then they'll pick on foreigners. I think it's the most f**ked up place I've ever had the misfortune of being in. It makes me laugh when the small-minded, thick people in my town call me crazy for travelling to Asia and Latin America while bombs are going off around them and people get their heads bashed in for being Muslims or Chinese. Really strange logic they have up there, thinking everywhere else is so scary while NI is a model society. Nutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Not really. NI is a backward, ignorant place that will probably never be right. Not only do the two sides hate each other but they are also some of the most racist, bigoted and small minded people you'll ever meet.

Plus you can't really keep blaming their environment because that's just a cop-out. Sometimes bad people just exist and certain parts of NI seems to be teeming with them.

I'm sorry, but the way you've just summed up the North is just as ignorant. You've summed up the Republicans and the Loyalists, the minority groups in todays Northern culture. The Nationalists and Unionists may have differing agendas, but the vast majority just want peace and no longer "hate" the other side, this is evident mostly in the younger generations today.

IzzyWizzy wrote: »

The number of racist attacks has increased since the Good Friday Agreement.

Maybe something to do with a massive increase in Immigration since the agreement?

• Advertisement

RMD wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the way you've just summed up the North is just as ignorant. You've summed up the Republicans and the Loyalists, the minority groups in todays Northern culture. The Nationalists and Unionists may have differing agendas, but the vast majority just want peace and no longer "hate" the other side, this is evident mostly in the younger generations today.

There seems to be a lot of out-dated thinking in this thread!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe something to do with a massive increase in Immigration since the agreement?

Maybe, but people who weren't targeted before started to be targeted then. I've noticed it myself. People used to only be concerned about whether I was a Catholic or a Protestant and now they're concerned about finding out what race I am. There just always has to be something with Northern Irish people. You can never just be a person.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of out-dated thinking in this thread!

A lot of people living under rocks as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Caoimhín wrote: »
    My heart sank this morning when I heard about the existence of a group of murdering cavemen calling themselves the "Real UVF"

It really is like a freaky trip back to the 80's.

Well if its any consolation you wont hear much about them down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I see the inbred Northie scum are at it again.

It's the year 2010. No one but you cares about your stupid little cause. I'm sure that the destruction of that bin and injuring those three kids will further the move toward a united Ireland/home rule (delete whichever is wrong).

That place should just be nuked from orbit and 'restarted'.

A fine example of tolerance. Nuke the entire six counties because of a few people!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the rira and cira make larry murphy look good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Meh. this stuffs not gonna stop until the 6 counties aren't part of the uk. They knew this when they made the GFA. Gonna have to live with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Meh. this stuffs not gonna stop until the 6 counties aren't part of the uk. They knew this when they made the GFA. Gonna have to live with it.

If anything that'll make matters worse.

HAHA!

You seriously think that if the 6 counties became part of Republic of Ireland, the trouble would stop?

Please!

The trouble would be infinitly worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Yes, that certainly is the quick fix solution.

Oh wait, I forgot the Loyalists would go absolutely ****ing nuts if this happened and the tit-for-tat killings would start once again.

I meant republican attacks(presuming this was a republican attack)

no need to put words in my mouth.

whoever did it, it was wrong and stupid

I don't think anyone put words into your mouth!

Your post was very unclear.

I presumed by "This stuff" you meant paramilitary attacks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

moonpurple wrote: »
    a bomb near a school, a model school? that sounds protestant...

these filth are the serbians of ireland, nato should come in and kill these

'dysantry ants'

they are insects attracted to faeces

nil siad ach an rud donn a teacht amach as an poll a bhfuil isteach i do bristi

nil gael iad...
    daoine uafasach, graineach

there is no way we can integrate NI into the republic because of these rabid vermin

Congratulations !
    You have just been awarded the silver medal
    for being the arsehole of the year.

You were just pipped for the gold by those who
    planted the bomb.

Ya Fuk'n Cretin.

Even if your scenario did happen the republican paras would find some other reason to still carry on their nonsense.

Probably end up fighting over drug turf or something........ oh wait, that's already happening. Apparently dealing smack is a integral part of tiocaidh-ing ar la.

Even if your scenario did happen the republican paras would find some other reason to still carry on their nonsense.

Probably end up fighting over drug turf or something........ oh wait, that's already happening. Apparently dealing smack is a integral part of tiocaidh-ing ar la.

Smack dealing? RIRA shot dead one of their members for being involved with a cannabis factory recently, think his name was ciaran doherty.

read a paul williams book a few years back he mentioned ex-inla members went into business with some uvf lads on a certain drugs op, but hardly the same thing.

would be interested in reading what you're referencing all the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Most of the time that's the case.. then the parade season begins. they should all be banned tbh
    Why should people be stopped from a legal parade because someone who doesn't want them to parade does this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

You realise they could separate from the UK any time the majority wants?

Smack dealing? RIRA shot dead one of their members for being involved with a cannabis factory recently, think his name was ciaran doherty.

They were probably annoyed with him devoting his time to it rather than helping out with the diesel/fag smuggling, bomb-making for hire, exortion, robberies and protection rackets they had going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I assume that this being a dissident attack(if it is) it is an attempt at disruption and an attempt to end normalization. I highly doubt that it was an attempt to kill children although it is just plain retarded and helps no one, not their cause, not anyones, to have a bomb near a school. Absolutely disgraceful.

Although it also could be a loyalist attack. Any word on a warning? I can only assume that they phoned one in with a codeword?

We wont see anyone claim this attack though, I guarantee that.

They were probably annoyed with him devoting his time to it rather than helping out with the diesel/fag smuggling, bomb-making for hire, exortion, robberies and protection rackets they had going.

Ok. I'm more interested in your link about heroin dealing if you could post it.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    ...We wont see anyone claim this attack though, I guarantee that.
    You never know.
    If they are that stupid to be still living in the past, they might be stupid enough to claim it as their activity.

Its impossible to predict 100% what gobschites will say or do sadly.

We can try and claim though that some fools will still bash the out of date jingoistic rubbish!
    Looks like we'd be right - even judging by some of the postings here!

Biggins wrote: »
    You never know.
    If they are that stupid to be still living in the past, they might be stupid enough to claim it as their activity.

Its impossible to predict 100% what gobschites will say or do sadly.
    We can try and claim though that they will still bashing the out of date jingoistic rubbish!
    Kids were hurt. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yes exactly. Rainbows will break out once Northern Ireland is integrated into the Republic and we can officially rename the new political entity 'La-La Land'.

500,000 Loyalists will collectively smack their palms against their foreheads and realise that they've been wrong all along "oh silly us, the political system in the Republic of Ireland is far less corrupt than the political system in the UK, let's dump 500 years of our culture to be in a country whose state broadcaster plays the angelus bongs twice daily"

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Kids were hurt. Not a chance.
    Your probably right - it never surprises me sadly however, the levels of low human stupidity some can get to daily.

• Advertisement

Yes exactly. Rainbows will break out once Northern Ireland is integrated into the Republic and we can officially rename the new political entity 'La-La Land'.

500,000 Loyalists will collectively smack their palms against their foreheads and realise that they've been wrong all along "oh silly us, the political system in the Republic of Ireland is far less corrupt than the political system in the UK, let's dump 500 years of our culture to be in a country whose state broadcaster plays the angelus bongs twice daily"
    He sad it would stop republican attacks, which is what one would assume this is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement