Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Mods getting free entry to €3,500 Irish Open

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I was of the impression that MODS on these forums were supposed to be unpaid and impartial. The MODS on the poker forum are gaining free entry to Ireland's premier poker tournament which boasts a €3,500 entry. How can they be trusted to carry out there future duties to the average poker forum member in an unprejudiced manner when there receiving such a large payment in kind from a huge player in the Irish poker scene. Personally I find this disclosure quiet disturbing. I cant even start a thread about it on the poker forum; I've tried twice and they have mysteriously disappeared on both occasions.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

An outrage. Revolt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't want to start a new thread but poker really should be a sub section of gambling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No wonder PP reps get away with mis-leading advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't want to start a new thread but poker really should be a sub section of gambling

no you should start a new thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Imo gambling should be a sub-section of poker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I received a one week ban from the poker forum yesterday when I made a query about a problem I had with the major player in question. I was a bit taken aback and thought the ban very harsh but its becoming clear why I was banned now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Eh, I just wanted to see Jennifer Tily lads, no need for a witch hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I received a one week ban from the poker forum yesterday when I made a query about a problem I had with the major player in question. I was a bit taken aback and thought the ban very harsh but its becoming clear why I was banned now.

Exactly what I feared would happen, Its all been kept very hush hush by the clique but hopefully we can get this type of stuff monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The Soccer mods will be getting the FAI Advantage Seats next. I wish the forum I mod had some commercial interest so I could be a sell-out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

javaboy wrote: »
    The Soccer mods will be getting the FAI Advantage Seats next. I wish the forum I mod had some commercial interest so I could be a sell-out too.
    Don't worry are you are a sell out

you just do it it on a smaller scale so no one notices . Not even yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I don't think there is anything wrong with these mods getting rewarded for their Loyalty to the huge player. As part of the deal they have agreed to wear prominent sponsorship branding in a style of attire that conforms with the dress code of the tournament while paying homage to the great player.

76235.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Meh, I heard they all suck and will donk their chips off, so its just added value by Paddy Power really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

javaboy wrote: »
    The Soccer mods will be getting the FAI Advantage Seats next..

As well as the Vantage Club Seats? The bastards!

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You can't stand to see anyone get ahead, can you Nicky? All the crap we have had to to put up with and you begrudge us this, and go running to feedback like a whiny bitch?

You really are a sham and a joker, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I was of the impression that MODS on these forums were supposed to be unpaid and impartial. The MODS on the poker forum are gaining free entry to Ireland's premier poker tournament which boasts a €3,500 entry. How can they be trusted to carry out there future duties to the average poker forum member in an unprejudiced manner when there receiving such a large payment in kind from a huge player in the Irish poker scene. Personally I find this disclosure quiet disturbing. I cant even start a thread about it on the poker forum; I've tried twice and they have mysteriously disappeared on both occasions.

Any chance you could kindly explain how the Mods gaining free entry to a poker tournament would affect their modding?

Any examples? Or are you just making assumptions?

I'm not surprised your threads were deleted, you don't question Mods or Mod decisions on their forum. That's what Helpdesk is for. This is a forum for Feedback on boards as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

5starpool wrote: »
    You can't stand to see anyone get ahead, can you Nicky? All the crap we have had to to put up with and you begrudge us this, and go running to feedback like a whiny bitch?

i just popped in to see what soccer threads were in here and this one captured my attention also. ive absolutely no ties to the poker forum but this seems fair and bang on.

ireland is full of begrudgers and boards is no different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So far you're coming across as being out of line. If the poster can't/shouldn't raise the issue on the poker forum, then why shouldn't he/she raise it on feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Boston wrote: »
    So far you're coming across as being out of line. If the poster can't/shouldn't raise the issue on the poker forum, then why shouldn't he/she raise it on feedback.

word to the wise, don't anger the poker mods. The 3500 payoff is only the start. This goes all the way to the top. Posters in poker have been disappeared for less than your comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Any chance you could kindly explain how the Mods gaining free entry to a poker tournament would affect their modding?

Any examples? Or are you just making assumptions?

I'm not surprised your threads were deleted, you don't question Mods or Mod decisions on their forum. That's what Helpdesk is for. This is a forum for Feedback on boards as a whole.

A lot of tournament organisers advertise their events on the poker forum and there are strict guidelines and rules regarding how this is done.

Nicky is rightly worried that it will be difficult for mods to remain impartial, how are they going to punish these organisers for crossing the line in future when they might risk missing out on future free $3500 entries? What happens if they start accepting bribes to lock and delete competitor threads?

I never trusted the poker mods anyway tbh, they all seemed very shifty to me. Especially LuckyLloyd, first the soccer forum and then the poker forum in quick succession, why would he want to gain a mod position on the two biggest forums on boards so quickly if he didn't have ulterior motives?

I'm sick of having to explain our position. Officially PPP get no favours done for them. Sure we might look the other way occasionally on their promotion threads, or be a bit stricter on their competition, but if those others want equal treatment, there are a lot more events out there I would like to play in, other than those sponsored by Paddy Power, and they know where we are.

Calling them bribes are overstating it somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

RedJoker wrote: »
    Nicky is rightly worried that it will be difficult for mods to remain impartial, how are they going to punish these organisers for crossing the line in future when they might risk missing out on future free $3500 entries? What happens if they start accepting bribes to lock and delete competitor threads?

They can't silence anybody outside of the forum, hence this thread. At the end of the day this site boils down to CM\Admin decisions. Or the eight ball in the office. Which explains the dual mod-ships, eight-balls are fickle masters.

Also, I thought poker players were supposed to be two-faced and shifty? Otherwise their just ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm sick of having to explain our position. Officially PPP get no favours done for them. Sure we might look the other way occasionally on their promotion threads, or be a bit stricter on their competition, but if those others want equal treatment, there are a lot more events out there I would like to play in, other than those sponsored by Paddy Power, and they know where we are.

Calling them bribes are overstating it somewhat.

5star, you already won a ticket to the Irish Open. Does this mean PP have given you $3500 cash or something suitable, or do you miss out altogether because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

stovelid wrote: »
    As well as the Vantage Club Seats? The bastards!

:D

The extra "Ad" is because they will have to clatter themselves in FAI logos and allow the FAI to advertise on the soccer forum.

Maybe I was just too subtle. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Boston wrote: »
    Those threads/posts were deleted because they were just more of this type of begrudgering tripe, they're not about Poker they're about us as individuals and he's basically just jealous, there's a very vocal minority that are against it, but as you can see from the thanks for 5starpool's post the overwhelming majority of the Poker forum posters have no problem with it and are actually in favour of it. We've promised detailed TR's so everyone is winning here.

Just like this thread nicnicnic can't prove or say anything about us being biased towards Paddy Power or anyone associated with the Irish Open, just that we might, and I can say now, we won't. Hence those posts were deleted, similarly this should be deleted too IMO, it's not about our modding it's just trying to have us lose out on this really generous gesture, who said modding has to be completely unpaid???

It's been well known on the Poker forum among the regulars that we are getting paid into the tournament this year, simply as a thank you for modding the forum over the years, there aren't any strings attached and we haven't been lenient at all, nor will we.

Thread deletion IMO.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    5star, you already won a ticket to the Irish Open. Does this mean PP have given you $3500 cash or something suitable, or do you miss out altogether because of it?

Extra generous rakeback deal instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

He can always sell his other ticket.

Also, we have to wear PPP logo's and clothing to get entry so it's not completely free for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,227 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RedJoker wrote: »
    I never trusted the poker mods anyway tbh, they all seemed very shifty to me. Especially LuckyLloyd, first the soccer forum and then the poker forum in quick succession, why would he want to gain a mod position on the two biggest forums on boards so quickly if he didn't have ulterior motives?

Ridiculous and uncalled for.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ridiculous and uncalled for.

I agree. Far too many keyboard warriors on the poker forum. I've been posting there for quite a while and the amount of people that spout bs from one day to the next, and then when you meet them, they'd crawl into a corner and hide.

I'd suspect redjoker is just another one of these. LuckyLloyd can be found at many a poker venue and i'm sure he'd welcome you to turn up and say it to his face. Although just a warning, bring a chair a) to stand on so you can say it to his face, and b) to smash it across his back so it gives you just a 5% chance of getting out of the room alive.

Ste05 wrote: »
    He can always sell his other ticket.

Also, we have to wear PPP logo's and clothing to get entry so it's not completely free for us.

I actually directed the question at 5star, which he answered. Do you hold his cock while he's p1ssing too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

LOL,what a joke,he "won" the ticket.Yeah right.

Advertisement