Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 now 142 on SKY ROI subscription

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

watty wrote:
    ????
    No Irish Digital TV SERVICE AT ALL!!!!!!!! At least 45% of people can get DSL and including Wireless also maybe 70%+ can get broadband.

Digital Terrestrial still has no start date. There is no FTA or FTV Irish TV or even ANY Irish Pay TV Satellite platform (The 4 Irish channels at Sky's pricing and package on basically a UK platform not regulated here, with Install VAT Irish and Subscription VAT = UK).

Excuse me but Ireland Offline has raised profile of issues of Broadband. There seems to be zero political will and zero political & media understanding of the Satellite & Terrestrial Digital TV issues. RTE still regards Satellite as merely a Cable Service by Wireless like MMDS.

I don't think ICDG has achieved anything beyond helping the people that come here (which is a major achievement). The Ireland Off Line has really raised media awareness to the issues.

Completely agree with everything you said, and more needs to be done, I am willing to help out in anyway possible. I phrased my wording wrong really, Ireland Offline is doing a great job not to poor cold water on that (sorry if my wording looked like that) :o

But to a boardsie who looks at these things it looks like as if ICDG has been very successful, (Similar comments were posted on Digital Spy by irate ex-pats who have seen their Irish Tara taken away and Ireland given 4 out of the 5 UK channels without they getting to view anything back.

I think that the main issues needing sorting out on my personal priority would be:

RTE on FTA Sat with DTT after, also I think that some EU law should be passed allowing Ireland to control what is broadcast by Sky here, I am not in favour of censorship but on things like advertising and price regulation we should have a say sorta.

Anyway it is now technically Monday and there is no sign of C4 yet, my money is on sometime after 3.00am and I am still confident of it appearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Alot of optmistic people so far which is good.
    It won't be added till tomorrow morning though, not after 3.00 am.
    Not until the staff are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not on ROI EPG or FTA at 8.40am Mon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

9.35 nothin doin

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

C4 @ 12168 v 27500 2/3 added through Other Channels is in the clear now.
    No EPG entry yet...

EDIT: On a sub card of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

It needs a viewing card - so it does appear to be tied into a subscription. But all regions appear OK but as yet, no EPG entry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Definately clearing on my sub card too - only got this back on Saturday morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

delah wrote:
    C4 @ 12168 v 27500 2/3 added through Other Channels is in the clear now.
    No EPG entry yet...

EDIT: On a sub card of course.

Nice one, thanks Delah

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I was just told by a Channel 4 media sales executive that C4 is due to appear on the EPG at 10.30am this morning.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Which coincides with the More4 start time, and they'll not want to move it mid-show. Expecting a 'hit' some time soon, best way to notice this if you're tediously geeky enough to care is go in to the TV guide and watch all the programme info vanish.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote:
    Which coincides with the More4 start time, and they'll not want to move it mid-show. Expecting a 'hit' some time soon, best way to notice this if you're tediously geeky enough to care is go in to the TV guide and watch all the programme info vanish.

:D
    Hell, I've nothing better to do right now <staring at EPG right now without blinking>;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well more4 is still on 142 as at 10.36am

Sad I know, by hey I'm bored.

Not here at 10:35am even with reboot & reload of EPG.

I have a friend in Galway near Mayo that claims litttle green men visit the bottom of his garden. Otherwise he seems grand. So perhaps they do.

Here it comes!!!

Hit at 10:39. And she's there.

C4 officially on Irish subbed EPG!

So 142 = C4.
    Where is More4 gone?

More4 on 189

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Yes its there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

got my dad to check...as George Hamilton would say: "It's There!!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pity we could not get ITV on the EPG now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

this makes those scrots at NTL improve their F-ing service. :mad:

My mom is thrilled now. Ye have just made her day!:)

Well you still need to Sub for C4 and ITV comes in free on all six of my satellite systems, only one has a Sky Sub.

It is only Sky+ owners that have a major issue, and the issue there is evil monopolistic unwarrented charging for Recording feature and locking it to EPG.

If you cancel or downgrade package on Sky+ you may not play back material already recorded!

Marty_ wrote:
    exactly, every year (keith(the current) and or others like Mr Prat sawbastered) flood the market with roumors about CH4 and the rest, who cares I ask you, its usually bull.

Thank you for your contribution :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Marty_

Tony wrote:
    Thank you for your contribution :)

Your welcome... but its a pitty you can't admit it, that you know this to be a true statement.

I have no problem admitting that sky reps have done this in the past (why you dont use their correct names is beyond me) but I believed it was going to happen this time given the information to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Does anyone have a link to a Channel4/Sky press release?
    I wonder why it was kept so quiet,if it was known last week i would have expected Sky to start advertising straight away.
    And well done to Bigpaddy for being first with the news yet again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Marty_

Does anyone have a link to a Channel4/Sky press release?
    I wonder why it was kept so quiet,if it was known last week i would have expected Sky to start advertising straight away.
    And well done to Bigpaddy for being first with the news yet again!

Yes fair play @bigpaddy and thanks Mr Ed Sawday and Mr Keith Johnston for not lying about it this time around.

That would make way too much sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

So is this a permanent fixture??

Was kept very quiet!!

Advertisement